Don't Call Me Daddy

By Droplets-Of-Rain

It was a surreptitious type of love, one that was inevitably going to end in heartache. But that... More

0:00| s y n o p s i s
00:01| c a p i t u l o u n o
00:02| c a p i t u l o d o s
00:04| c a p t i t u l o t r e s
00:05 | c a p t u l o c u a t r o
// a u t h o r s n o t e //
00.07 | c a p i t u l o s i e s
00.08| c a p i t u l o s i e t e
00.09| c a p i t u l o o c h o
00.10 | c a p i t u l o n u e v e
00.11 |c a p i t u l o d i e z
00.12 |c a p i t u l o o n c e
00.13 | c a p i t u l o d o c e

00:06 | c a p i t u l o c i n c o

1.5K 41 6
By Droplets-Of-Rain

- W A R N I N G -
- U N E D I T E D -

c h a p t e r  f i v e

      We were surrounded by an irritable silence, an unsettling one. One that had the absence of sound screeching into the void. I cringed at the lack of exchanged conversations.

      My idiotic stealthy lips had kissed Adam! This was an embarrassing moment I would never get past. His unmistakable expression. His curved lip, twitching in confusion. His furrowed eyebrows and his smoldering eyes. Oh baby Jesus! How nonsensical had I been? I could literally slap myself right now but that would be another embarrassing act of the day.

     Since the unfortunate mishap of me smacking my lips onto Adams beauteous ones, we hadn't shared a word or thought to each other. I was hanging from a thin, insignificant thread.

We were in his old truck, the sound of the rumbling engine filling the silence with an ominous feeling. I flinched. He stopped the truck abruptly when we reached the red light. And another sigh escaped my lips.

       I took a surreptitious yet harmless glimpse of him. His jaw was clenched and his stare was stone cold. I gulped down the knot in my throat. He hadn't said anything. Why hadn't he? Was it because I was a bad kisser? Well he was my first kiss so I couldn't blame him. Or was it not expected? Did it disgust him? Was I a terrible person?

     "Idiot!" I whisper yelled, running a hand through my knotted hair.

  "Me? An idiot? Really?" He mused in amusement. I blinked recognizing that I had called myself an idiot and not him. My stomach clenched.

"No I meant I was," I mumbled, nervously nibbling on my bottom lip. He chuckled deeply, it melting my insides instantly.

          "I," we both said in unison. My face heated up, I was sure it was crimson red by now.

      "Adam- I'm - I'm sorry," I croaked. "I didn't know what I was thinking." He cleared his throat, rubbing his face in agitation.

"Madeline," he whispered. My stomach tightened. Oh no all he said was my name. I was in deep bat sh*t wasn't I.

   "Yes?" I murmured gripping the handle of the door just in case if I happened to say something embarrassing I'd just jump out.

      "Madeline, it's alright," he said as he parked his truck in a halt right infront of the house. His eyes studied me cautiously, deep pools of blue and grey morphing together creating a beauteous and unimaginable, majestic sight. I blinked trying to regain hold of everything occurring at this moment.

    I took off my seat belt ready to hop out of the truck. My cheeks warm from my fatigue. Without any warning his  fingers suddenly brushed the tips of my own, he sent shrills racing down my spine and up my chest. I shuddered at his tender touch.

    Our gazes met the tension of this moment was so thick that it couldn't be cut with a knife.

"I have to tell you something," he mumbled, studying my face cautiously. I gulped. Well wasn't that out of the blue?

   "Yes?" I whispered, hoping he'd just say the truth, that I was a terrible teenage girl with a nasty fetish.

     "Don't forget your bag," he said placing it on my lap. My lips turned into a frown but I managed to give him some sort of lopsided smile. How anticlimactic. I inwardly groaned.

    "Thanks," I muttered. Why didn't he say anything? I hated it when something would happen and he wouldn't mention it. He'd even let the problem in mid air, not one solution in mind.

   "Well thanks for taking-," suddenly I got cut off by his gelid touch. His fingers softly caressed the back of my neck making my toes curl and my stomach clench. Why had I fallen in love with him? Why was he doing this to me? Why had I fallen in love for a man that wasn't only older than me but my dad's best friend? Did this mean that I was betraying my father? And what would happen if he found out I kissed Adam? Would he hate me?

My eyes got hold of his cold eyes. I felt like I was inside a block of ice trying not to freeze to death. But I liked this frigid feeling that scattered surreptitiously through my loins.

While he began leaning in his musky scent was more than evident. I sighed, being comforted by his splendid aroma.

Before I knew it he was inches away from me, his minty breath hovering and fanning my earlobe, I gasped.

I felt his soft yet stealthy lips barely a breath away from me ear. I gulped feeling slightly intimidated.

"You're not a naughty girl," he whispered. My breath hitched and I just stood still trying to process his words. I didn't know what came over me but I felt an impulse to crawl ontop of him and suffocate him with kisses. But I couldn't do that not when I was outside my dads house not when I was in his property. Wait, what was I thinking? Not ever!

"I could be naughty," i cautiously coed, eyeing him meticulously. He glimpsed down at my parted lips and smirked cockily. I reached out and tugged at one of his loose strands that hung helplessly above his eyebrow. "I could be naughty for you."

I still couldn't believe what I was doing I felt like slapping and punching myself and dragging my butt against a glacier hopefully my thirst for this man could be calmed down.

His majestic blue eyes softened, he studied me curiously as if I were confused or just a dumb teenager -not denying this but I was- that was insane.

He sighed through his nose and shook his head in confusion. He pinched the bridge of his nose and his gaze met mine. I felt as if I were in trouble and he was going to lecture me just like my mom did all the time. That feeling wouldn't fade and I felt like I couldn't take back all the dumb crap I did.

His fingers grassed the back of my neck as he pulled me towards him. I shrunk in my seat. But he did the unexpected, he leaned in a placed a chaste kiss on my forehead, leaving me in pure awe and astonishment.

"I think you should get home, your mom must be waiting," He said. I awkwardly nodded and slowly made my way out of the car. Our eyes connected one last time but he had a glint of disappointment in his eyes. I mouthed an I'm sorry. I really was.

I didn't know what was wrong with me I didn't want him to think I was a thirsty teen with bad intentions because that's not who I really was. I was just a naive girl that loved him but loved him to the point that the facade I used to conceal my love for him wasn't strong enough to hide my admiration for him.

With each step I took towards my house I felt a feeling of guilt spreading in me. My hands were curling into fists with every breath I took. My nails digging into my palms trying to warn me about the consequences I would have if my father found out.

The knot in the back of my throat was too hard to swallow. Just thinking about this unfortunate night made my stomach churn. Why did I do that? Why am i such a fool? Maybe I was just a fool in love.

_____________

G O A L  F O R  T H I S
C H A P T E R -

4 V O T E S
2 C O M M E N T S

VOTE 🍼
SHARE👄
COMMENT 💦

- D E L I L A H✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 72.5K 45
"I don't do relationships,I don't love Miss Williams ..I just fu**...is that what you want from me so that you stop following me?" His straightforwar...
353K 13.7K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...
305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
356K 10.8K 52
"So what do you want to do" I said looking around nervously. "I don't know, you " he said as he tugged me up landing me in his lap , I let out a slig...