The Rising Sun (A Stiles Stil...

By _hogwartian_

Emma Brisbane was never normal, but now she's not even herself. After losing her memory, she must find her wa... More

Chapter 1 - Losing Your Memory
Chapter 2 - The Hunt
Chapter 3 - Back to School
Chapter 4 - More Than Lacrosse
Chapter 5 - The Key
Chapter 6 - A Little Bit Crazy
Chapter 7 - A Series of Strange Events
Chapter 8 - The First Memory
Chapter 9 - The Reveal
Chapter 10 - The Truth About Werewolves
Chapter 11 - Departure
Chapter 12 - A Long Night
Chapter 13 - White Walls
Chapter 14 - Hazy
Chapter 15 - Three's a Pattern
Chapter 16 - Sisterly
Chapter 17 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 19 - Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 20 - Digging Deeper
Chapter 21 - Hard Truths
Chapter 22 - Tangled
Chapter 23 - Shoot and Score
Chapter 24 - Lost and Found
Chapter 25 - Normalcy

Chapter 18 - The Punch Bowl

14.2K 428 157
By _hogwartian_

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf and I am in no way responsible for any emotional distress caused by season 3b.

 I skipped down the stairs with my purse slung over my shoulder. It was still fairly early, considering it's spring break and all, but I couldn't keep myself asleep last night. I haven't told anyone about my inability to stay asleep each night since I woke up in the forest, not even Stiles. 

 My father was sitting on the couch watching TV when I came into the living room. I came up behind him and tapped his shoulder, getting his attention. He jumped slightly, but his face softened when he realized that it was just me.

 "I'm going over to Stiles' for a while," I told him.

 He gave a weak smile. "Okay,"

 I looked up at the TV to see two boxers. The picture was kind of hard to make out because it seemed old and was a bit fuzzy. Peering through my glasses, I read the names on the bottom of the screen. Jack Warenhari vs Cole Brisbane

 "Is that...is that you?" I asked. 

 My father sighed. "Back in my younger days,"

 "You were a boxer?"

 "Until your brother was born, then your mother and I decided it was best to settle down and for me to find a steady job to support our family." He explained to me.

 No wonder he's so gruff-looking. He used to literally punch people in the face for a living. I wonder if Stiles knows. You'd think that would be enough information to scare any boy off, but then again, Stiles isn't just any boy.

 "Can I watch too?" I asked.

 "I mean, I guess...if you want to," said Dad. I walked around the couch and sat down next to him. "But I thought you were going to see Stiles?"

 "He can wait,"

 Right now, I just want to spend some time with my father, since I haven't really had the chance. Things have been so off between us ever since I found out about the supernatural. I was just angry and confused that night, I didn't mean to be so cross towards him. 

 We sat on that couch together and I listened to him tell me stories about his old boxing days. His eyes were so full of light when he talked about it. I knew that it was something that made him very happy. He said that he and I used to go to the gym and practice. It made me feel bad to know that it's something we used to do. 

 Even after his old tapes were done playing we continued to talk. It was the first real conversation we've had since my memory loss. He told me stories from when I was younger and made jokes about how it's ironic that now he sells insurance for a living after coming off one of the most risky careers you can have.

 He even told me about my mother. He said that they went to high school together and he finally got the nerve to ask her to the senior prom. It was all smooth sailing from there. They both went to college together and after graduation they traveled around to support my father's boxing. Only a few months after they got married, my mother became pregnant with Eric. That's when they decided to settle down in Beacon Hills where my father found a job. My mother eventually got hired at the local college as the Mythology professor, which was why she had all those books in her office. 

 My dad smiled when he talked about my mother's fascination with Mythology. He said she was always interested in it, ever since high school. When he asked her why she was so fond of it she simply said that she enjoys finding new explanations for things most people cannot understand. 

 He said that the Hales were very close with my mother and our family. We practically grew up together. This was a hard idea for me to grasp. If Derek was like a brother to me and what not, then why did he choose power over me? Why did he put my life on the line just so he could step into the role of alpha? That's not what family does. Family always puts family first.

 I wanted to keep talking with my dad. I wanted him to keep telling me stories in hopes that one of them would trigger a memory so that I could see it vividly and not through vague description. However, a text from Stiles saying that he found something pulled me away from the conversation.

 "I should get going," I said. I got up and grabbed my purse from the floor. "Stiles is asking where I am,"

 "Oh, okay," he said, sitting up a little straighter. 

 Looking at him, you'd think that he's the kind of father that sits at home shining his shotgun waiting for his daughter and her date to return from their night out. He just gives off that kind of aura. However, once you talk with him you realize that his physical appearance in no way reflects his personality. I think having two daughters turned him soft.

 "I'm really glad we got to talk," I said.

 "Yeah, me too,"

 We smiled at each other. "I'll, uh, stop home before Lydia's party,"

 "Party, right," he said, nodding.

 "Okay, see ya," I said awkwardly, giving a wave before heading out the door. 

 I got into my car and drove the now-familiar route to Stiles' house. I was beginning to get the hang of navigating around this town, though there is much I still have yet to explore. At least I have the basics, my boyfriend's house and school. What more do you need to know?

 I parked next to Stiles' jeep in the driveway. His dad's cruiser wasn't in the driveway and I felt a pang in my chest. Stiles still feels guilty for getting his father fired from being Sheriff. I wish he wouldn't feel bad, he's a good son. He's just been thrown some pretty uncanny circumstances.

 Without bothering to ring the doorbell, I entered the house, calling out Stiles' name. I heard him yell back to me from his bedroom down the hall. I walked in to see him sitting at his desk with yearbooks, papers, and pictures sprawled all over. He was too invested in what was in front of him to even look up at me.

 "Stiles?" I said, finally getting his attention.

 He waved me over to him. "Here, look at this,"

 He pointed a picture of the 2006 swim team. The faces of all the people that the kanima has killed so far were all there, including Mr. Lahey. So this all comes back around to the 2006 swim team? Stiles did mention how the kanima seemed to be afraid of water because it wouldn't go in the pool after him and Derek.

 As I continued to stare at the picture, another familiar face caught my eye. No, it couldn't be. I gaped at it, still trying to decided if what I was seeing was really there. I readjusted my glances, as if it had just been a trick of the light.

 "Stiles, is that..."

 "Eric,"

 "B-but I thought you said that all the victims were twenty-four, Eric's only twenty-two. There's no way,"

 "I don't know, Emma," said Stiles. "But it's a good thing he's been gone all week,"

 Stiles was right. It was a blessing that Eric went to Romania for me this week. Because, had he stayed in Beacon Hills, he could have been the next victim.

 ☾

 Stiles showed up in front of my house in his jeep just before ten as planned. Scott was in the passenger seat and got out so I could get in the back. I cocked my hip and folded my arms across my chest. 

 "I'm wearing a dress," I stated. "There's no way I'm climbing in the back."

 Scott looked at Stiles for help, but after the look I gave him he just shrugged. Scott groaned, rolling his eyes before climbing into the back seat. I smiled in victory and hopped up next to Stiles, who was looking at me with a gaping mouth.

 "What?" I asked. I immediately smoothed down my hair, wondering if something was wrong with it.

 Scott smacked him upside the head from the back. "Quit staring and drive,"

 Stiles shook himself out of his trance and I couldn't help but giggle. I guess going to Melanie for help with my hair and make-up really paid off. Stiles kept sneaking glances at me the entire drive over to Lydia's house. I was shocked at it's size when we pulled up. Her family must be loaded.

 Stiles grabbed the present he had gotten for Lydia out of the back next to Scott. I wasn't really sure what to get her, so I just settled with a cute pair of earrings. She seemed to like fashion well enough I thought that it was a fitting gift. 

 Lydia invited us all inside after ringing the doorbell. She was carrying a tray of glasses filled with a pink drink. We set our gifts on the table and she reminded us to try the punch before walking away to tend to other guests. Though, to be quite honest, there weren't many.

 Stiles and I walked around for a while, looking around the place, before meeting back up with Scott. "Have you seen Jackson anywhere?" He asked.

 "No," said Stiles.

 "Have you seen Allison?" He asked me this time.

 "No," I said. "But I think we should tell her what we found,"

 "I'm still kinda not sure what we found," said Scott.

 We walked down a hallway covered in vintage paintings and other decorative artwork. I was mentally adding up all the costs in my mind. I wonder what her parents do to be able to afford a lifestyle like this.

 "We figured out that it has something to do with water, the fact that all the victims were on the swim team, the way the kanima acted around the pool," said Stiles.

 "So whoever's controlling the kanima really hates the swim team," said Scott.

 "Hated the swim team," corrected Stiles. "Specifically the 2006 swim team, so it could be another teacher,"

 "Or maybe a student from back then," I added. 

 "There's still something missing, though," said Stiles. "What haven't we thought of?"

 We stopped walking once we reached the back yard. There was a built-in pool with a patio around the perimeter and a punch fountain next to the windows. Lights were wrapped around the pillars surrounding the pool. This is seriously one nice house.

 Allison walked up to us. I couldn't tell that there was some tension between her and Scott. "I can't find Jackson," she said.

 "Yeah, no one's here," said Stiles. He was right. The entire backyard was empty save for us.

 "Maybe it's just early," said Scott.

 "Or maybe nobody's coming because Lydia's turned into the town whack job," said Stiles. I guess it was kind of comforting to know that I wasn't the one considered the town whack job. Then again, I wasn't the one to run around in the forest naked for two days. 

 "We have to do something because we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks," said Allison.

 "She's completely ignored Stiles for the past ten years," said Scott.

 "Okay, I'm over that, alright?" Stiles said. I gave him a curious look, to which he just sighed.

 Scott still shook his head. "We don't owe her a party,"

 "What about the chance to get back to normal?" Allison asked.

 "Normal?"

 "Well she wouldn't be the town whack job if it wasn't for us," said Allison.

 Scott sighed. "I guess I could use my co-captain status to get some of the lacrosse guys here,"

 "Yeah, I know some people who can get this thing going too," said Stiles pulling out his phone. Honestly, I didn't even want to know.

 Not even twenty minutes later, the party was booming with people. Stiles had gotten the two of us drinks and we were now leaned up against one of the pillars talking with Scott. He chose not to drink tonight, bless his heart.

 "So, are you gonna apologize to Allison or what?" Stiles asked him.

 "Why should I apologize?"

 I rolled my eyes. "Because you're the guy, Scott. It's your responsibility, even if you did nothing wrong." I said. Even though I don't have my memories, I still know how these things works.

 "But I didn't do anything wrong," said Scott.

 Stiles groaned. "See anytime a guys thinks he hasn't done anything wrong, it means he's definitely done something wrong."

 I knew I picked a good one.

 "I'm not apologizing," said Scott.

 "Is that the full moon talking, buddy?" Stiles asked. 

 I'd almost forgotten about the full moon being tonight. It was really setting me on edge to think about it. We have three new werewolves, Scott, and the kanima to deal with tonight. It's not going to be easy keeping all of that in check.

 "Probably," said Scott.

 I lifted my punch glass to my lips to take another drink, but something else caught my eye. Oh god, here we go. I took a deep breath. "Guys,"

 "Yeah?" Stiles said, looking over at me.

 "Jackson's here," I said, pointing to where he was standing.

 Scott stood up and Stiles took a step in front of me. Jackson stared over at us with narrowed eyes, flexing his jaw. I watched as Lydia handed him his own glass of punch. Scott, Stiles, and I all glanced around each other as we watched him take a sip. This night just got a whole lot more interesting.

 Stiles and I ran off, hand in hand, to the corner of the backyard. We'd both had quite a bit to drink at this point and I'm not entirely sure about him, but I definitely feel loose. I couldn't stop giggling as I dragged him into the corner, placing his hands low on my hips. His eyes kept losing focus, so I made him shut them by pressing my lips to his. 

 His grip around my waist tightened and his hands casually dropped lower. I didn't mind. I draped one arm over his shoulder and kept the other around his neck. I pushed my body into his so that there was no space between us. I didn't even care that there were dozens of people around to watch our heated make out.

 Stiles backed me into the wall, causing me to laugh into the kiss. His lips them moved to my neck and I bit my tongue to suppress my moans. This felt so good, even more so than usual. I blame it on the punch. I'm not even sure what's in it, but I know that it's making me feel like I'm on cloud nine.

 I lifted Stiles' chin to bring his lips back to mine. Our kisses were growing hungry and for a moment I wondered if Lydia had a spare bedroom. But that would be weird, wouldn't it? Doing it at your friend's house during their party. I don't remember a lot of things but I'm pretty sure that it's embedded in girl code.

 I pulled away from the kiss. "Don't hate me," I said.

 Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

 "I have to go to the bathroom," I said. I gave an innocent smile. I didn't actually have to go, I just needed a moment to regain my composure and get a hold of myself before things get too heated between us.

 Stiles sighed, but smiles none the less. He gave me one last peck on the lips. "Don't be too long,"

 "I promise," I said, squeezing his hand before heading inside.

 I pushed past groups of people who were all acting extremely strange, even for being drunk. I let it slip out of my mind as I found the bathroom on the first floor. Lucky for me it was unoccupied, which is rare for a party like this. 

 I was really beginning to feel weird, and not an affected by alcohol weird, but just sort of out of it. My emotions felt as though they'd been turned up to ten. I wondered if it was because of the full moon. But it should affect me, right? I don't have my abilities, I'm practically human.

 I hung my head over the sink, leaning against the counter top. I'm just over-thinking this whole thing. It's all in my head. It's just the punch making me feel this way. If I've ever been drunk before I don't remember it, so maybe this is how it affects me. It turns up all my emotions and just makes me feel like I'm downright losing my mind. Yeah, that's it.

 Taking a deep breath, I lifted my head to look at my reflection in the mirror. I jumped back at what I saw, turning around and backing myself up against the sink. My breathing become rapid and my heart felt like it was going to beat straight out of my chest.

 "M-mom? Zoe?" I stuttered out.

 They were both standing only a couple feet in front of me due to the close proximity of the shower. They looked different than the last time I saw them. Their eyes were darker and their lips were creased into scowls instead of light smiles.

 "You did this, Emma," said Zoe. "You killed us."

 "No, no I - "

 "You should have been the one to die that night. It was never supposed to be you who lived," said Mom. Her voice was haunting.

 They both took a step closer to me. A lump formed in my throat as tears burned the back of my eyes. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. It's not real. Please, it can't be real.

 "Now you can't even help your friends," said Mom. "You are worthless."

 "It should've been me," said Zoe. 

 "Zoe, I'm so sor - "

 But I was cut off by a sharp pain in my stomach. I choked as my mother withdrew the knife she just stabbed me with. I put my hands over my stomach to hold the wound. I was beginning to feel like I was suffocating.

 "Too bad you can't heal," said Mom.

 "Hurry up in there!" Someone banged on the door. 

 In that same moment, my mother and sister had disappeared. I was alone in the bathroom as I should have been. I looked down at my hands to see that they were clean, free of blood. My stomach was fine. It wasn't real.

 "Hurry u - "

 I cut off the guy by swinging the door open. I was surprised to see that it wasn't really a guy, but one dressed in drag. I think I remembered seeing them the other night at that gay club. How did they get invited here? They gave me a sour smile as I stepped out of the bathroom. I walked backwards away from the door and felt myself collide with someone.

 I nearly screamed, but relaxed when I saw that it was only Scott. I placed a hand over my chest out of the shock. This punch was making me really jumpy.

 Scott grabbed me by the shoulders. "Woah, Emma, are you alright?"

 "Yeah, yeah," I said, a little too quickly. "I just...need some water, and Stiles,"

 "Let's go find him," he said, leading me off to the backyard. "Come on,"

 He handed me a bottle of water and grabbed another for Stiles, whom we spotted sitting in a daze against one of the brick pillars next to the pool. I squatted down next to him. Something wasn't right here. Everyone at this party is acting strange, and I know this isn't like Stiles. The fact that I just hallucinated being stabbed in the stomach by my deceased mother is still ringing in the back of my mind.

 "Stiles," I said, lightly slapping his face to try and stir him out of his daze.

 "Come on, drink the water," said Scott, holding the bottle to Stiles' mouth. We weren't getting anything out of him. "Stiles, something's happening and I need you to sober up right now."

 "I really didn't want to have to do this but - " I grabbed Stiles by the shoulders and dipped his head into the water next to him. He flinched when I pulled him back up, already proving to be more alert. "How do you feel?"

 "You know it's a good thing you're pretty," he said. 

 I gave a soft and uncomfortable laugh, "He's sober,"

 "We've got to find Allison, okay?" Scott instructed us before taking off. 

 I sighed and slid down next to Stiles. I let my head fall to the side so I could look at him. "Did it happen to you too? A hallucination?"

 He nodded and folded his hands together, playing with his fingers. "There's something weird going on here tonight,"

 "You're telling me," I said. I then stood up, extending my hand out to him. "Come on, we've got to find Allison before this party gets any more out of whack."

----------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading!

Next chapter is gonna be a big one so get your hyperventilation bags ready. I have a snow day tomorrow so hopefully I can get it up. I was gonna add more to this chapter, but then I was like nah...I'll make them wait. Because I'm evil. Mwahaha.

And OH MY GOD season 3b is kickin my ass right now I can't even. I don't want to put any spoilers here but if you want to talk and/or cry about the episode feel free to message me!

Thanks again for reading and don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! (I'm still doing cruches for every vote so keep em coming!)

GIF not mine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Alyssa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 28 30
~ DISCONTINUED ~ She was well known around the supernatural community. Most of them with knowledge knew all too well who she was. Or at least until s...
666K 14.8K 84
"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporary, maybe at the wrong time, maybe to...
1.5K 53 11
(BOOK 2) After spending the entire summer together Andrea and stiles have gotten closer than ever. But what will happen when weird things start again...
5.8M 180K 157
Liz finally gets an opportunity to run away from her abusive father. With nowhere to go, she decides to go to her best (and only) friend; Stiles. Tog...