Hopelessly Devoted

By BriellaDiamond

"Never call a girl a bitch," I glared into his eyes as he opened them, piercing into me, the bright blue drin... More

Author's Note <3
• character aesthetics •
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Authors note :)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Authors note <3
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Sequel!!

Chapter 22

301K 9.8K 3.1K
By BriellaDiamond

Chapter 22
• • •

I woke up with a strong headache. I reached over to my nightstand and popped a few pills to ease the pain. I took them dry, which I had gotten good at over the years.

I threw on a pair of leggings and a loose, plaid shirt. I paired that with my good old doc martens.

That was probably the comfiest outfit that I had worn to school all year, but it still looked good.

In the car, I tried to think of ways to avoid my friends. Then I realized- why should I?

He only threatened to hurt me if I stayed around my friends. I just had to stay with them and not tell anyone about it.

It was worth it to me. I couldn't loose anymore people that I cared about.

During first period, Scarlett looked a little bit more put together than the day before, but still looked messy.

At lunch, I was silent again. I didn't want to say anything because I knew that if I drew attention to myself, someone would notice how weird I was acting.

I was jumpy and paranoid throughout the day, always looking behind me shoulder and checking my surroundings. I was afraid that George had seen me sitting with them at lunch.

When I sat down in biology, I felt like I was starting to loose my mind. I constantly felt like someone was watching me, but I couldn't see anyone.

I hurt a thud next to me and I practically jumped a foot in the air. I looked up to see a very confused Ashton, who had just sat down in his seat.

"The hell is wrong with you?" He asked.

"Nothing, your face just startled me." I replied rudely and there was a pause.

"You're acting really weird today," he said. "Like, weirder than usual."

I shot him a glare and pulled out my books.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said and opened up my notebook. I heard him snicker.

"You're so stubborn," he said.

"Coming from you," I snarked back.

"Just because I'm always right doesn't mean that I'm stubborn."

"Well you're not always right," I said.

Yes he is...

Shut up conscience!

Biology went by pretty quickly. I guess time flies when you're feeling safe.

After school, I ran straight out to my car, making sure that I was never alone at any time.

When I got to me car, I saw a piece of paper tucked behind the windshield wiper. I cautiously removed the paper from my windshield and opened it up. It was a note.

Last Warning.

I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it in the trash that was near my car. I felt a raging fury burn through my body as I got into my car.

I was going to get back at him for this somehow. I didn't know how, but I was going to. He was messing with the wrong girl.

Lucky for me, I had grown stronger in most ways in the past years. I could handle a little bullying as long as nothing got too serious.

In some ways, however, I've gotten weaker over the past years. I just had to make sure that George didn't come close to any of those aspects.

That night I went to bed at seven. I noticed that I had been very sleep-deprived the past couple of weeks. I decided to start catching up...

        I woke up in my outfit that I was wearing the day before, including makeup. I slowly made my way to my bathroom and washed off the over worn makeup.

On my way to school, I tried to think of ways to avoid being alone at school that day. I knew that since I was going to sit with my lunch table again that day, I would need to be protected. Since I couldn't be protected by a person, I just had to use strategy. I had to be in the right place at the right time all day. all year.

No pressure, right?

I sighed and pulled into my parking spot. Savanah still hadn't returned to school, or even the grid for that matter. For all I knew she was in the middle of Mexico buying a taco from a from a random vendor on the street..

I just hoped that she was okay. I knew very well what it felt like to loose someone so close. You lose a part of yourself that makes you, well... you.

As Scarlett and I walked into homeroom, I started to feel the nervousness that was flooding up my brain. I knew that eventually George would get his so called revenge on me for what I "did to his life"... I just also knew that no matter how much warning I got, I still wouldn't be ready.

First period was going by faster than I had hoped. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Scarlett was still in a trance. I wished that I could help her, but inside I knew that only she could help herself.

When the bell rang, I practically jumped out of my seat and started sprinting to the door.

"Miss Summers, may I see you for a moment?" Mr. Dowche asked. I froze in my spot. Oh shit...

I turned around and walked over to his desk. Each step made me cringe, because I knew that each one was bringing me to a wrong place at a wrong time.

"Don't worry, I called your second period teacher and told her you would be a little bit late to class," he said. I caught my breath.

I would have to walk alone in the hallway to my second period- which was across the building.

"I wanted to talk to you about your grades." He said. I scrunched my face in confusion. "They seem to be slipping."

"I have an A+ in your class-"

"A-," he said. "And it's going to go down a whole lot more once I put this grade in." He placed a test on his desk.

It had a D- at the top in red writing. I felt my face being drained of color as my hands became all clammy.

Fuck. The goddamn grade triggered my anxiety...

"Listen. I'm not quite sure what made you all of a sudden stop trying, but I can assure you that whatever it is you have to push past and focus a little harder on school." He said.

He continued, "if you had continued on the path you were going on with your grades, you probably would have had a full ride to any college of your choice."

"I'm sorry, I-I'll try harder." I said, trying to tame my growing anxiety.

"I don't usually do this, but... I will let you retake the test- only if you promise to try a little harder." He said. I looked at him in awe.

"I promise," I tried to seem calm, but judging by his facial expression, I could tell that I wasn't doing well at it.

"Swing by after school some time this week." He said and smiled. I smiled back.

"Thank you very much."

And with that, he dismissed me to go to my second period class. Suddenly, realization flooded over me.

I was about to dive into a pool with a blood thirsty shark, who would stop at nothing to hurt me.

As I took my first step out into the hall, I felt the atmosphere change from a safe, comforting classroom- to a cold, eerie hallway.

Shivers tingled up my spine as my stomach sank down to my pelvis once again.

Here we go...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 2.8K 20
| EDITED & FULL VERSION IS OUT ON KINDLE NOW | Young Alexandra Lowell is head over heels in love with Marcus Torres-her brothers best friend. He's a...
101K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
8.3M 227K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
2.5K 158 17
"I hate you." He spits. Breath heavy and eyes locked on to mine, he draws closer to me. My lips part in surprise, completely taken aback by the sudde...