Hear Me Say. . .

By danmcgivney

Who would have thought that my mate would be on the other pack. I've been looking for him for two years and g... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
My Dear Readers:

Chapter 02

7.5K 299 47
By danmcgivney

CHAPTER 02

J A C K

I'm only a kid when I noticed that annoying grandpa kept on tagging along with us. He's always there when I woke up if I'm at the hospital. (Well, I think I'm the most sickly werewolf there) And the most embarrassing thing that happened to me was when someone knocked me unconscious during a match. It was so embarrassing to face all of them, especially dad.

That grandpa also talks to me as if he's my father and dad and daddy always agrees to what he says.

It pissed me off sometimes.

Why only me? Why not at Zach? He should be the one who needed guidance and not me.

I sighed and glanced at him who was talking to dad. He's from our neighboring pack and the only pack that made an allience with us and he almost came here everyday for I don't why.

Maybe dad hired him as my babysitter!

Wow! Isn't it amazing!?

I frowned when his eyes met mine making me turned my back at him and went back to my room when I heard grandmama calling me from the living room.

"Yes." I answered and went down the staircase.

"How do you want to celebrate both Zach and your birthday?" She asked.

Our birthday will be three days after today day and I don't want a party. I don't really care about it. So what if we're turning eighteen?

"I already prepared a lunch party for you!" She exclaimed happily and I can't bring myself to oppose her, but I was surprised.

"Really?" I said while frowning.

"Yes. I already told them about it." She said and I just nodded.

What can I do? I guess grandma already invited everyone.

"Well, I-uh, thanks, grandmama." I said and she hugged me.

"I can't believe you're already eighteen." She said disconnecting the hug and held my arms. "Later on, you'll find both your mates and create a family! I can't wait to see my great grandchildrens. Too bad that Adolf can't see them." She smiled but I can see sadness on her eyes.

Adolf was our grandfather and he died about twenty years ago because he was killed by his younger brother who's a rogue.

I pulled grandmama a hug once more. "Even without grandpapa, we're still always here for you." I said and she hugged me tighter.

"Yes. Thank you."

∷∷∷

I emailed Rain, my closest friend on the pack, two nights before my birthday that he should come back here and I should see his face. He went to the city to attend a human school because it's what he wanted and it's been three straight years that he haven't gone back home.

I opened my room door and it scared the hell out of me when the first thing I saw was Eziel's fvcking face! And he's the grandpa and he that I'm talking about.

"What the hell are you doing here early in the morning!?" I said breathelessly.

"I'm so sorry for surprising you." He said and I wanted to shout at him that he just didn't surprised my ass, he almost killed me but I didn't. I just gave him an annoyed look. I didn't smelt him at all! And all I can smell was the fragrance of a flower?

"I-uh, just wanted to say happy birthday." I frowned. "In advance." He added while scratching his nape and grinning at me like he always does every time our eyes met. That grinning face of him was the most annoying face I've ever seen!

"Well, I'm afraid I don't accept birthday greetings in advance or late." I said, which is not true but I just feel like saying it to him.

He pursed his lips and looked away at me and I don't know but I can read sadness on his green eyes but he covered it with a grin making me frown.

Was I too harsh?

And why did he said it anyway? Why won't he greet me on my actual birth day? I always see him here anyway.

"Do you wear flower fragrance cologne?" I asked because it's tickling my nose.

"Ha?" He said surprised. "No, I. . ." He placed his hand on his back and produced a long stemmed blue rose.

I was amazed when I saw the color. I didn't know there's a blue rose or maybe. . .

"Is that sprayed?" I said and he chuckled making me glanced at him. I admit that he doesn't sound so bad when he chuckle.

"No. It's genetically modified." He said making me nod and felt awkward because I don't know what to say anymore when I was just about to drink water on the kitchen.

"I wanted to give this to someone I met here because hi-her eye color was the same as this rose." He said while looking straight to my eyes. I was the one who broke our eye contact.

"Is that so?" Was all I said and he nodded in responce. "I wasn't asking." I said and I sounded so bitter because I felt like I wanted to have that rare rose even though I'm not into flowers and their scent always gets in my nose.

"I know." He said and before he can open up another topic, I walked passed at him and went down the stairs and to the kitchen. I was glad that he didn't followed me up there. I sighed before I open the fridge and fetch myself some cold water.

∷∷∷

I snapped my eyes opened when my alarm sounded but I didn't turned it off. I felt too lazy to raise my hand and smash the alarm off. I just stared at the ceiling and waiting for the cream colored ceiling to turn black.

Will it?

"Nope." I muttered and sat on my bed before I turned my alarm off.

I know it'll be a busy day because grandmama will prepare an outdoor lunch that day and we have to help her with the tables.

I got up and washed my face, brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. I wore my indoor slippers and before I twisted the knob of the door open, I leaned my ear on the door, listening if someone like Eziel was there and will scare the day lights out of me, but I didn't heard anything. I pushed it open and I kinda felt glad because he wasn't there scaring me.

I went down the stairs when I just saw a very familiar figure who came out from the dining area. It was Rain!

"Rain! You're back!" I exclaimed and I ran down stairs and hugged him so tight. He looked different as if he wasn't the Rain that I knew years ago.

I disconnect our hug and scanned him from head to toe and he kinda make a funny and nervous face.

"You look manlier." I said and he cracked a smile.

"So are you." He said back and his eyes passed behind me in a quick second before he looked back at me. I can feel Zach was on my back seconds ago but all I want was to spend more time with Rain.

"You really transformed." I said, amazed. "Are you really the adorable Rain that I knew? You don't look adorable anymore. You look so cool." I touched his hair and he rolled his eyes.

"Idiot." He chuckled. "Happy birthday." He said and turned his back on me. Despite the difference between his physical feature years ago and the present, he haven't changed at all. "Mom baked you a cake-"

I cut him when I felt like hitting his bum with my hand that made him jumped and yelped in surprised and I laughed.

"What the hell was that!?" He exclaimed and cupped his ass and turned to glare at me. Still the Rain that I knew.

"I'm just hungry." I reasoned and threw my arm around his shoulders and guided him to the kitchen. "Let's eat." I said and tried to grin the way Eziel grins.

"You look like a pervert." He said and I couldn't agree more. Eziel's a pervert after all and Zach.

"Not as pervert as Zach." I said and he smiled.

∷∷∷

We helped arranging the tables and Rain did mention about his mom baking me a cake and I was grateful.

But I can sense that Rain's uneasy, he kept on glancing at the pack house every minute and I wanted to ask him what's bothering him. When he finished assembling a couple of tables, he walked towards me.

"I really wanted to stay and help, but I think I'm sick." He said and glanced again on the house.

"Okay. You should rest." I said and he nodded.

"I'll see you later." He said and dashed so fast making me frowned and wondered why he kept on glancing at the pack house occassionally. I too glanced and I was pissed to see Zach with his friends laughing.

I even forgot that we don't get sick! Rain lied and I know now why he kept on glancing there. Because he knew Zach was going to came out from the house. They're not in good terms because Zach's circle always bullies him when we're still kids and I don't know it if until now.

And it's not the first time that Zach did it. He kept on saying that he wanted Rain out of the pack house or stop being friends with me.

Now I'm pissed that I can feel my blood boiling inside. I just saw Rain for the first time in three years!

I marched to their direction while glaring at Zach who frowned as if acting so innocent! I passed at him and his friends but he grabbed my arm making me stop from marching and his minios walked ahead of him leaving us both alone between the porch and the front door.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He said.

"Yeah? Why don't you ask yourself." I said sarcastically and continued to glare at him.

"I'm asking you because I don't fvcking know."

He don't know!? Yeah?

"You kept on doing it again and again. What the hell's wrong with you?" I said, pissed and I just wanted to scratch my claws at him.

"What the hell's wrong with me? I don't even know what you're talking!" He exclaimed and I was about to exclaim at him too when we heard dad.

"Boys, everything okay?" We both turned our head to dad who was talking to his people who were also looking at us. Zach released his hold on my arm and he nodded at dad.

"You did a good job chasing Rain away, again." I said my PS before waking inside the house.

"So it's my fault why he flew somewhere far here?" He walked after me.

Who else's fault it is?

"Yeah. Because you're the only factor why he shouldn't be here. Why do you kept on bullying him? When will you ever grow up?"

"What the fvck! I didn't bully him! I didn't even lay a finger at him!"

"But you gave him those go away looks!" I turned to face him and sighed. I kinda felt tired fighting with him. "Let's stop arguing. Just don't talk to me for a minute." I said in a tired voice and went up the stairs.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Jon Kortajarena as Eziel.. ♡♥♡

I might update a little bit late. . . I'm so sick right now... sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 3K 46
Sehun (naively) agrees to be the omega for a pack of five alphas... (BxMxMx) Story Ranking #1 - immegaverse 17/5/2021 #1- bxmxm 9/6/202...
776K 39.6K 46
Highest Rank: #femalealpha Hot list #1 6/12/18 Ivy Grant has been waiting her whole life to meet her mate. Now, she is heading off to college. How l...
754K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
1.8M 100K 150
Twins usually mean double the joy, a two for one, a built in friend from birth. But that doesn't apply to Darius and Storm's boys. Their sons are sim...