"HARLEM" ✔️

By _yveschanelle_

#Romance #Urban. [18+] MATURE CONTENT. Harlem's life changes when she's given a fully funded scholarship into... More

INTRO
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven (Level 1)
Chapter Eight (Beta Theta house)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
notice
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
note
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
MY NEXT
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One (Final)
IMPORTANT NOTE
Answers to your questions!

Chapter Fifteen

7.5K 621 32
By _yveschanelle_

***

After two more tiring chores, I finally reached the level six along with the other girls.

That week wasn't a bad one because not only had I reached the sixth level, but Lucas had informed a lot of people about me and I had a considerable amount of people who came over to get their portraits or caricatures drawn. And so, by that Friday, I had two hundred dollars on me. For a start it was great.
-
That same Friday, after I'd finished my last chore, I was in my room filling my school bag with necessary stuff I'd be needing for the weekend I was gonna spend in Brownsville.

It was past five and I'd planned to travel at seven.

While arranging my stuff, Leila, one of the blues came into my room.

"Hey, Rahim." she started, "Be down with this on you in two minutes."

She threw a long sleeve black t-shirt at me. I stared at her.

"New pictures of you all will be taken and hanged in the legend room as official members. Congratulations."

I smiled happily for the first time.

"Thanks. I'll be down."

When she left, I immediately changed and soon I was downstairs with the others. I guessed our own color would be black.

We lined up and the leaders came in.

"Congratulations girls." Blaire said.

"Thank you!" was the chorused answer.

"Now the blues will make each of you up. Including you, Harlem." Lou said, Turning to me.

"Uh, sure." I could make an exception for that day because I was really in a good mood.

We were made up by the blues. Gina made me up

After some time, she was done.

"All done." she said.

"Okay. Thanks."

I joined the others on the line, and one by one, our new portraits were taken.

*
I told Blaire and Lou I was leaving for the weekend and they said I was free to. And so by six, I left the beta house with my schoolbag full. Never had I been so happy. I was gonna see my momma.
It was evening and the six o'clock sky was gradually getting darker.
I walked down the campus's streets as fast as possible, a smile on my lips. The two weeks I'd spent on that campus had made me miss Brownsville like crazy!
I was close to the gate when a car drove in. It was a super chic black race car. It Was obviously a student's car.

It drove into the campus and past me. I continued my walk when I heard it stop at a distance behind me.

"Harlem??" Lucas called.

I turned to see him. He'd come out of the car. He ran towards me.

"Nice car." I told him.

"Oh that? Nah, it's not mine. It's a friend's. We were out for a little celebration."

"Officially a sigma."

"Yeah. And you?"

"A beta theta."

He smiled.

"It doesn't surprise me. Where– where are you going?"

"Brownsville." I replied and walked out of him.

"Hey wait!" he grabbed my arm.

"What?"

"Now??"

"Yes, now." I replied amused.

He stared at me.

"That's why you needed money?"

"Yeah. For that and other stuff."

"Um, when are you coming back?"

"Sunday afternoon. Why?"

"Well, I wanted us to hang out or something." he replied, slightly reddening.

I stared at him amused, a little smirk on my lips. He stepped back, nervous and a little intimidated by me.

"Sorry. Gotta go. And even if I had to stay, I wouldn't accept your invitation."

"Why??"

I liked to provoke him.

"Cmon. It's the least you could do to thank me for helping you with the idea of drawing for money. And for bringing people to you."

I looked at him. He had a puppy face on and I tried my best not to laugh. He was right though.

"Fine. When I return. But you gotta know something."

He smiled happily.

"I'm happy you've accepted. And yes, what do I have to know?"

"I have a boyfriend." I stated with a satisfied smirk. His eyes slightly widened.

"Uh, okay. Not that I asked."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Bye, Lulu." I turned and walked straight out of the gate.

True he probably only wanted to be my friend, but I told him that so that in case he had other ideas, he would forget them. He should know he had no chance with a girl like me. I wasn't at all into babies born with silver spoons in their mouths, no offense.
I preferred bad boys. Virile bad boys with the right physiques and possibly with tattoos.

***

"Aaahhh honeeyyy!" my mother screamed happily when I entered our little apartment. Nothing had changed.

I ran into her arms like a little kid. I hugged her tight, tears automatically rolling down my chicks.

"I missed ya, momma."

"I missed you too, my love. Come sit down. I prepared a little meal for you. Give me your bag, lemme go keep it."

I was so happy to be in Brownsville. With my mother. There was no place like home.

That night we chatted for a very long time. I told her everything about my two first weeks in Greenwill. I told her about being a full member of the sorority and the little job I'd found myself.

I then gave her a hundred and fifty dollars. She was really grateful. She deserved the best.

That night I slept well, excited about meeting all my friends the next day.

*
I walked down our quarter to Yasmin's place the next day. She screamed like crazy when she saw me.

We were so happy to meet each other again. We went to visit the others and spend a good time.
We went to her boyfriend's house where we met king, her brother and some other pals playing a video game in the little living room.

"Surprise!" I screamed on entering.

"OOOHHH! HARL!" the boys screamed happily when they saw me. Of course my baby was the first to come hug me. We shared a short kiss before I hugged the others.

"Girl, you finneee!" one of them said and they all laughed.

"How's it over there?"

"Not better than here!" I laughed.

"OOOHHH!"

King happily stood up.

"Yo! This calls for drinks! I pay!"

"Yooooo!"

King got one of the other guys and they went to buy drinks.
Meanwhile, Yazz went through my phone.

While I spoke with one of my other friends, she tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to her. She leaned in and whispered

"Who's this??" she asked, referring to Lucas's picture in my gallery.

"A classmate. He's cool. Helped me with that drawing issue."

"Oh. He's familiar. Oh, I know!"

"What?"

"This is the guy I tried to rob on that bridge but gave up."

I raised a brow.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. The Earth's round. Delete this pic if you don't want king making a while lotta drama."

"Why the hell would he do that?"

"Cuz it's a classmate who sent you a picture of himself shirtless and lying down." she raised a brow at me.

"You're probably right. Delete it. Don't even know why I still have that in my phone"

Some minutes later, king and the other guy arrived with the drinks.
We celebrated the whole late morning till afternoon.
I'd missed all of them so bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.9K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...
1.4M 85.5K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...
249K 12.8K 42
"So, you don't care that we are so different?" I ask him, his face inches apart from mine. "Does it bother you?" He asks back in his husky voice. "No...
18.6K 1.2K 51
[My nubile body ripened with lustful desire for every inch of this Seraph of a being. Finalizing our orally initiated bliss he steps back as his nimb...