Going the Distance [benedict...

By melodrxma

Jenny is a girl whose dream job is in the film industry but on the first day of her new career, she becomes a... More

Going The Distance
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Little Announcement
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight - Finale

Chapter Eight

4.3K 138 10
By melodrxma

Going the Distance - Chapter Eight

Next few weeks

Me and Benedict met for coffee every night for a couple of weeks. We had became really good friends and I cared for him a lot. I had gotten his phone number and texted him frequently.

I leaned against the wall next to the entrance of the office. He walked out.

"Guess who's the late one today?" I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed. He usually had to wait for me. He walked to me and embraced me in a hug.

We strolled to Starbucks and ordered our usual coffee. We sat down and talked.

It was just normal chat about our day until Christmas became a topic of one of our conversations.

"So what are your plans for Christmas?" He asked me. Neve was spending christmas with her boyfriend's family. I had no extended family in London. I had no other friends in London. How embarrassing.

"Oh I've got a lot going on." I lied. My cheeks were slightly pink. I had only just realised that I had no plans and I was going to spend christmas the same way that I did last year, a meal for one and television. Sigh.

"I don't what I am doing this year. I think I'm probably going to my parents. That's what I usually do anyway." He smiled.

"So, did you do anything interesting today?" I completely shook off the subject. It was next week. Christmas was next week.

He walked me to my bus stop again, as normal after the coffee.

"Listen, Jenny. Can I ask you something?" He was a little bit serious but not too serious.

"Yes." I said, still looking at the road for my bus.

"Would you ever consider going to a party with me?" I turned and looked at him.

"Of course." I replied, he looked relieved.

"My friend is throwing a party tomorrow night and if I go by myself, I would feel way too awkward as I don't know anyone there. So can you come with me?" It was just too cute. He looked so embarrassed and awkward.

"Yes." I remarked. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. If you text me your address, I'll come and pick you up. It starts at 7. Ok?" He smiled.

"Yes, that's fine." I hugged him and my bus arrived later than it should have. I hopped on and waved goodbye to Ben. Awww. He was so adorable.

I was excited for this party though. I was actually going to be social.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.1K 32
They all think it's all over because Void Stiles is dead. Well, they are wrong! 'YOU CANT KILL ME!' I said to them. However, did they listen? NO! I...
4.3K 134 21
"Care?" Tubbo's sleepy voice projected through her phone's small speakers. Her attention was then focused on why the boy was awake instead of the boo...
56.3K 1.2K 19
The Crows have just pulled off the mission of their lifetimes, but a small job quickly turns into an adventure when a young girl is rescued from slav...
563K 8.6K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...