Lazy Man On Board

By Neoqueensandy

Da Vinci Ghetto is the laziest man in the world. Has had more jobs and has been fired from many jobs then any... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 7

7.2K 242 69
By Neoqueensandy

3 years later
199 Marine Branch, Lou Island, South Blue

"All hands salute!!!"

Rolls of marine stood straight and firm. All of them saluting and making way for the new captain of Lau Island's Marine headquarters.

"Are they trying to warn the whole island that were here" Ghetto grumbled as he disembarked from the Marine ship.  In the past 3 years of training with Garp, Ghetto hadn't changed much. He hadn't grown any taller or gained any muscle. His still had his uncombed black afro looking hair. His skin was still white and yellowish color from the lack of nourishment during Garp's training. All that changed was his out fit.

Having finally adapted to the marine uniform, he wore dark navy blue pants with a long sleeve white shirt with a navy blue neckerchief. The words 'Lazy Justice' written on the back of the shirt, black boots and grey dog tag around his neck with the words 'My ambition is handicapped by laziness' and on the back 'If found return to Da Vinci Ghetto personally'   

"There here to greet their new captain, Ghetto" The new Commander Pin walking right behind him wearing a standard issued marine navy blue and white jacket, navy blue pants, neckerchief, black boots and a white cap with the word 'Marine' written in. Pin had grown taller yet remained shorter the Ghetto and leaner with little to none muscle.

"Captain Ghetto sir, we welcome you to our humble island sir" one of the marine stepped forward.

Ghetto sighed and began making his way towards marine building. Passing the town's people who stood watch to see the new captain.

"As ease men" Pin answered. 

The marines dropped their salute and one of the brave marine stepped forward. "Commander Picasso sir, is Captain Ghetto alright"

Pin nodded. "Ghetto just upset that they forced him to weekly quotas "

The marines sweat dropped. 'Is he serious'

"Um Commander Picasso, sir" Another marine stepped forward.

"Yes"

With a salute he continued. "Today we have recruitment tryouts, we two dozen people wanting to join the marines sir, they are awaiting evaluations, sir"

Pin said nothing but nodded. Deep down he knew Ghetto wasn't going to happy with the extract work they would forced him to do. Without another word Pin headed towards the Marine Headquarters

When Pin arrived to Ghetto's new office he wasn't surprised to find Ghetto that even there. The office was abandon and empty with the exception of the furniture.

Sighing Pin began to explore the headquarters that he was second in command of. Three years had passed since training under Garp and had all their bones broken. They recovered but to have them broken once more.

If anything Ghetto had it worst. Ghetto refused to do any of Garp training, going as far as leaving the marines but Pin managed to convince him to stay.

For that very reason, Garp and Sengoku had Ghetto perform weekly quotas. Capture at least five criminals and it didn't matter if they had a bounty poster or not. Though bounty posters were highly encouraged.

That was two years ago since Ghetto started doing quotas and Pin wasn't forced to do them. Yet Pin tried to help Ghetto as much as possible but it ends with Ghetto saving his pathetic self. Pin knew he wasn't or ever will be close to Ghetto's power level because  Ghetto was a beast when it came to fighting.

A week ago Ghetto managed to capture twelve criminals who were consider very dangerous and had them imprisoned in Impel Down. A place where the only the worst of the worst go. Due to the success, Ghetto got promoted to Marine Captain and put in charge of his own Headquarters.

Ghetto was content with the promotion at least until Sengoku told him that he still had to perform his weekly quotas. 

Pin tried to explain to Ghetto that promotion was a good thing since  it meant that they were on their way to becoming strong marines. Ghetto was hesitant at first but at the end Pin manage to convince to give his promotion a chance.

That brought them to their current situation. They had a Marine headquarters full of marines with strong urges to bring justice to the world and Ghetto was no where to be found.

In the Town of Lou Island

The Marine base was becoming a little annoying with Marine shooting at the top of their lungs while they trained.

Sighing Ghetto walked through the town, crowded as it was it was better than shouting marines. The town's people stopped what they doing and just watch him pass by.

Ghetto figured he would be getting this attention. It was only natural for them to wonder about the new marine captain put in charge of protecting their island.

Deciding not to say a thing Ghetto continue to stroll through town. It was peaceful and energetic with people laughing and talking without a care in the world.

It feel foreign to him but in a good way. Years of living under his father, he never got the chance to really experience this tranquility.

Ghetto was beginning to believe that joining the Marine was the right move towards a peaceful life. All he had to do is figure out a way to get rid of the the weekly quotas and he would be golden.

"See this! aren't they cool" a energetic and loud voice caught his attention. He spotted a group of three children, two boys and one girl.

"I don't? Mom told me pirates are bad guys" the boy with freckles and glasses questioned.

"Your mom doesn't know. Had she ever seen a pirate" the first boy responded holding a newspaper with images of pirates.

The second boy shook his head. "I don't? I never asked her"

"My dad a marine and he told me that Marine bring justice and protect the innocent from bad guys like pirates" the girl replied.

The first boy has wild and untamed browned hair with blue eyes and wore nice and clean clothing then the other children.

"I'm going to become a pirate and have awesome adventures" the browned haired boy declared.

The girl and the second boy throw him a raspberry at his declaration.

"Pirates are bad guys" the second with brown hair and brown eyes wearing worn out clothing with a cap on his head. The girl nodded in agreement. She had short, shiny and blond hair with green eyes. She wore a simple dress which had a couple scraps and dirt.

The first boy frowned but his eyes widen once he took notice of Ghetto. The other two children turned around since they had their backs turned at him.

Lazily Ghetto just continue to stroll down the street. Not bothering to comment on the boy's words. Any other Marine would have stepped in and explained to them how pirates were criminals that hurt innocent people. Pirates were dangerous people that need to be locked because they prevent the every existence of peace.

But Ghetto wasn't those Marine. He was himself and he didn't really want to have a complicated discussion with a child who might boom him with endless amount of questions. No sir. Ghetto didn't need that in his life.

If he had his way Ghetto would have wanted to live in a reserved island all to himself with no one around to bother him. Ordering him around and having him do their dirty work.

No. Just no.

That why he stayed a marine.

If he was pirate. Then he would have to be running endlessly, fighting endlessly for the right to live.

Pirate life wasn't a easy life. He often questioned why people saw piracy as freedom. If anything it was work. Marines was the same way. All work and even more work.

Adventure was loud and often lead to fighting.

For the least as a marine he won't have people after his head but he now had those lazy fools so called leaders of the World Government breathing on his neck. Ordering him around and just forcing him to do those stupid quotas.

Looking up, Ghetto took noticed that the sun had finally set. The were stars out and about in  the night sky. Looking around his surrounding that didn't look familiar.

Taking the ally way as quick route to what ever it lead. He wasn't surprised to find people already waiting for him.

Less then a dozen men wearing worn and torn clothing that have gone weeks on end without a wash.

"Looks here boys" one of the grinned grabbing a from the inside of his coat. "A lost fool"

The rest chuckled.

No surprise there.

Sighing Ghetto decided to end this quickly.

Before the men's brain could process properly Ghetto stood right in front of him and quickly disarmed him by grabbing his arm with the  knife and twisted it making him lose the grip on the knife.

While the man fell to his kneel and cried in pain. Ghetto already made his move to the others. With a single punch rendering them wasted.

"Captain Ghetto sir" a fellow marine shouted running to him. Three others marines behind him. "Commander Picasso was looking for you"

"Cuff them and lock them up" Ghetto ordered with any further explanation. Why did marine a have to be loud?

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Hi everyone 😀
Thank you so much for your support. I'm glad that your enjoying the story just as much as I am. I don't usually do this but I will have poll which you can just comment here.

1) Which supernova (s) should Ghetto fight?

2) Which supernova (s) should Ghetto meet first? This is a separate question since Ghetto doesn't fight every pirate he encounters. Bounties don't matter to him.

3) Who would make a good rival for Ghetto? Pirate and Marine suggestion.

4) Should Ghetto play a part in the Marineford War?

Don't forget to leave your responds here. Comments help me decide which path I should take when it comes to Ghetto. Until next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 47 8
[ON HIATUS] College sucks. Especially when you're working on top of that. How you stumbled upon a miserable French man? You have no clue, but somehow...
126K 4.6K 52
[[ONGOING]] [[Story begins in Sabaody Archipelago]] The (Wicked) Witch of the West. That's literally what (Y/n) is if you think about it. A Witch f...
7.5K 365 17
AU When you quit your job to work with your big brother franky at his car shop. Its a surprise when he decides to employ a bunch of punks, they're a...