Logic Is The Key [Jean X Read...

By the_mean_canadian

(This story is taking place in modern time.) Being the new kid at a school can be hard, but not as hard as... More

Chpt. 1
Chpt. 2
Chpt. 3
Chpt. 4
Chpt. 5
Chpt. 7
Chpt. 8
Chpt. 9
Chpt. 10
Chpt. 11

Chpt. 6

387 11 11
By the_mean_canadian

Two weeks had past and tomorrow Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Marco, Jean, and I went to the carnival, which I as very excited for. Today was Friday and we were all standing outside the school on the sidewalk planning what we were going to do. 

"Wait, (y/n), do you even know where the place is?" Marco asked looking at me. My eyes widened as I had forgotten to find out where the place was. "It's okay, I can pick you up and walk you there, it's not that far from here," Eren said elbowing me seeing that I didn't know where it was. "Thanks, Eren," I said smiling at him. He smiled back and I saw a small tint of pink of his cheeks. 

I knew he had a crush on me, everyone did but whenever I overheard him and Jean bickering about it, he would always deny the fact that he did. I actually had developed a small crush on Jean but I always put it aside, knowing he just wanted to be friends.  I also had learned most boys in the school that I barely even knew had crushes on me or thought that I was cute over the past few weeks. 

After we had gotten things settled Eren, Mikasa, and I headed to our houses that were on the same street. 

The plan was to meet at the Ferris Wheel at 11:30 and go on from there. I really wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel since I had never been on one, and I wanted to go on it with my friends. Eren would come and get me at 10:30 so we could get there on time. Tomorrow was the day where you could buy the wristbands that allowed you onto every ride so it would be cheap besides for the side games. 

Earlier in the week I had called Annie and told her about my first two weeks of school and she told me about hers. I was glad that we still spoke and that we didn't separate forever. I missed seeing her around all the time. 

Eren and I talked while Mikasa stayed quiet. I tried to engage her in the conversation a few times but I only got three to four words or a nod of her head so I gave up on it. 

We got to my house and I said bye to them then walked inside. I threw my uniform into the washing machine along with some other dirty clothes and got changed into gray baggy sweatpants and an (f/c) t-shirt. I took off my knee-high socks and black sneakers and put on normal (f/c) socks.

I looked at my closet and realized that I could wear whatever I wanted to with my friends tomorrow. I wasn't going to be one of those girls that had a panic attack about what I was going to wear tomorrow, but I thought I should get it ready now since my internal alarm clock went off on the weekends. 

I opened up my closet and put a finger to my chin as I thought of what I should wear tomorrow. I looked at an (f/c) dress that had lace sleeves that ended at my elbows and ended just above my knees but I didn't know what kind of rides were going to be there and I didn't think a dress would be appropriate. I ended up pulling out an (f/c) t-shirt with the words written in dripping blood saying: 

Strangers Think                                                                                                                                 I'm Quiet 

My Friends Think                                                                                                                      I'm Out-going

My Best Friends Know                                                                                           I'm Completely Insane

I kept it on its hanger and hung it on the doorknob. I went through my drawers and picked out a pair of ripped jean short-shorts. I placed them on top of my dresser and then turned on my computer and started watching some Anime. 

I woke up the next day and slowly pulled my (f/c) comforter off my body and I sat up. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and yawned while stretching.

 I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 9:30 and I knew I had only a little bit of time to have ready. I was used to having two hours to get ready, but now I had to rush. 

I grabbed the (f/c) t-shirt and ripped jean short-shorts and went to the washroom and took a shower. After I got dried off I got changed and dried my hair. My shirt was tucked into my shorts on my left side and was hanging loose on my right side. 

I left my (h/l) (h/c) hair down since I was to lay to force it into any hairstyle. I grabbed my wallet and phone and slipped them into my back pocket while I walked downstairs. 

I poured a bowl of cereal and poured some milk into the bowl and started to eat it. I ran back upstairs when I finished and I slipped on socks and put on black army boots. I grabbed a small backpack I had and put my water bottle in it and decided to store everything that I got for prizes into it to lighten the load. 

I heard a knock on the door and I slipped the bag on my shoulders as I walked back downstairs. I opened the door as I shoved my phone into my back pocket and saw Eren standing in front of me. He smiled and looked me up and down, studying my outfit. 

He was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and black sneakers like the ones we had to wear at school. 

"Hey, (y/n). Ready to go?" He said looking back into my (e/c) eyes. "Yeah, where's Mikasa?" I asked looking over his shoulder and not seeing the quiet black haired girl. "She's heading there with Armin." He stepped back to let me step out of my doorway. "Okay," I said smiling as I grabbed the house keys from the small bowl and closed the door while locking it. 

"Y-You look r-really nice." Eren stuttered as we headed down the sidewalk. I didn't think much of it and kept walking. "Thanks, you too. It's nice to not have to wear our informs." I glanced at him and smiled. He nodded and smiled at me then looked forward again while pink came across his cheeks. 

"How far are the fairgrounds?" I asked as we stopped at a corner and look to see if any cars were coming. "About forty-five-minute walk there." We crossed the street and continued walking forward. "Okay, so we'll get there at 11:15. That should give us some time to tour the grounds a bit." I exclaimed happily. 

We got to the fairgrounds at exactly 11:15 and got our wristbands. We walked around the grounds a bit and found a map of the entire fairgrounds. I quickly took a picture of it and we walked over to the Ferris Wheel.

We stood beside the line of people that wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel and talked for a bit while waiting. 

"So, d-do you l-like anyone?" Eren stuttered looking at the ground. I looked away from him and slightly rolled my eyes, annoyed by how he tried to flirt with me and how he always failed horribly at it. "Not in particular, what about you?" I looked at him and saw he had some pink across his cheeks. "I d-don't like anyone." 

My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I pulled it out. 

Sasha- Where are you and Eren?

I looked around confused. Were we not supposed to meet at the Ferris Wheel?

(y/n)- What do you mean? Where are the rest of you guys? We're both at the Ferris Wheel beside the line.

Sasha- So are we! Are you two off making out somewhere?

(y/n)- What the hell, Sasha? Of course not!

"Do you actually ship them?" I heard a familiar voice say somewhere. "Yeah, a little bit." I heard another familiar voice say to our left. 

I turned my head and sighed while grabbing Eren's arm. "They're on the other side of the line," I said and I stood in front of a man with his two kids. 

"Excuse me," I said politely smiling at him. He took a small step back so that Eren and I could step through. I made Eren walk through first and then I did. "Thank you," I said smiling back at him as he stepped slightly forward again. 

I stepped on my black shoelace belonging to my black army boots and fell forward. I stumbled forward and someone caught me in their arms. 

"Might want to tie your shoes properly." I looked up and saw Jean smiling down at me. He was wearing a thin black pullover sweater with blue jeans. 

I laughed and smiled back up at him. "Thanks." I stood up properly and dropped to my one knee to tie my shoe laces back up. 

"I guess we should've established where at the Ferris Wheel to meet up," Connie said scratching the back of his neck. Everyone laughed along with him except Mikasa, she was asking Eren if he was sick because his face was red.

We all started walking around the fairgrounds and went on lots of rides. "What about that ride, (y/n)?" Jean said pointing to a ride that was in motion. I watched as it slowly reached the top of the long tower and then dropped. "No, no, no," I said as Jean grabbed my wrist and started dragging me towards it. 

We got strapped into the seats around the ring that went up to the top then dropped. "I hate you," I said glaring at him. "I know." He said with the devilish smirk on his face. 

I rolled my eyes as the ride started and the ring started to go up. I closed my eyes shut and clutched my hands on the bars. 

"Look on the bright side, it's a good view," Jean said. I pried open one eye then pulled open both when I saw the beautiful view of the park and the forest the spread out beyond it. "I guess you're right," I said smiling at him. 

The ride reached the top and stopped moving. I automatically grabbed Jean's hand for comfort and he wrapped his fingers around my hand as I wrapped mine around his. There were a few clicks and then the ride dropped. 

I laughed and screamed at the same time. The ride slowed down as it got to the bottom and I stopped screaming and laughter came out of me. "I hate you so much," I said as the straps came off of us and we could stand up. 

My legs felt weak and shook a bit. Jean laughed and we walked off the ride. 

Everyone had gone off to different groups and it was just Jean and me. I grabbed my bag that I had placed by the stairs and put it on my shoulders. "I think I need something to eat, you hungry?" I asked looking at Jean. He nodded and we headed to the food stands.

I bought myself an (f/c) slushie and a small carton of fries. Jean had gotten a blue slushie and fries as well. We walked around for a bit eating our fries and drinking our slushies. 

"I'm glad we got to take you to your first festival," Jean said as we walked past some balloon popping games. "I am too, it's been really fun so far." I smiled up at him and he smiled back down at me. 

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out to see a text message from Armin. It was a close-up picture of Jean and me when we were on the ride from earlier holding hands.

Armin- I ship it.

I laughed and showed Jean. He laughed too as we both sat down on a concrete block. 

(y/n)- I dare you to go on the ride, I still have an adrenaline rush. 

Armin- I'll never have the guts to go on that thing. 

I put my phone back in my back pocket and continued eating my fries with Jean. "How has it been for you at Scouting High School so far?" He asked and I looked at him in the corner of my eye. "It's great. I have lots of friends, good grades so far, new adventures." I listed off a few more things I liked about Scouting High School and looked at Jean. 

He had been looking at me the entire time, taking in my features. Once he saw me look at him he quickly looked down at his drink. 

"Are you okay?" I asked tilting my head to the side like a dog when it was confused about something. He looked at me in the corner of his eyes then back his drink. "Yeah." 

I frowned and grabbed his chin and pulled his face close to mine to examine his. I decided to have while he was in the position and slightly smirked. 

"You're lying," I said looking at his lips that were parted into a small gasp then his eyes. He was staring at my lips and then I saw his lips curl into his devilish smirk. 

He brought his mouth closer to mine which made me bring my face back a bit in shock. "Who says I am?" He locked eyes with me and I smiled again bringing my mouth close to his, wanting to close the gap between us but he pulled away like I had. 

"You always avoid eye contact when you're lying." I stared at his lips then looked back into his eyes. 

He looked into my eyes and closed his bringing his mouth closer to mine. I didn't move this time and instead, I brought my mouth closer to his, closing my eyes as well. 

"Jean! (y/n)! There you guys are!" Connie's voice shouting at us from a distance separated Jean and me from each other. 

I looked past Jean and he turned his face away from mine. I saw Connie running towards us with Marco in tow. 

"We were looking for you, Sasha is in a pie eating contest and we all know how interesting that's going to be." He said once he got to us. I smiled and grabbed Jean's hand. 

"Come on! What are we waiting for?" I asked and started running in the direction Connie and Marco had come from.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 2K 28
You got transferred to a public school because you're mom wanted you to have a new start. Your dad had lost his job so you basically had to make up f...
281K 8.9K 41
After witnessing the fall of Shiganshina, you only had one goal; teach the Titans that brought you grief and misery a lesson. During the two years of...
46 8 7
In the quiet aftermath of Marco's death, y/n found herself grappling with the sudden loss of her high school friends. Their abandonment cut deep, lea...
751K 22.3K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...