George O'Malley

By GreysWolf202

Riley Foster, a 24 year old woman who dreams of being a doctor. As she begins her intern year at Seattle Grac... More

Introduction
~one~
~two~
~three~
Another fic.
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five

~nineteen~

4.1K 73 30
By GreysWolf202

Riley's POV

Plot twist, Derek didn't cheat on Meredith. Derek's wife, Addison, cheated on him. It happened not to long ago, Derek caught Addison in bed with his best friend, Mark. He moved to Seattle the following days.

So, Meredith dumped Derek, Burke dumped Christina, I dumped George, Izzie loves to bake, and Alex loves being a jerk.

"Male, 55, Victim of a head of collision. GCS is 3, Depressed skull fracture, multiple internal injuries, ACLS protocol started, but his veins blue so we've been pushing meds down the tube. PEA on arrival" The ambulance medic explains to Doctor Bailey, wheeling the patient out of the ambulance

"How long has he been down?" Bailey asks

"We've been doing CPR for about twenty minutes. It took fire twenty minutes to get him out of the car. He's pretty much gone" The man states.

"No, he's not gone until we say he's gone. Keep coding O'Malley, get him into a bay and save him" Bailey orders

"But he's dead" George mutters, looking confused down at the patient.

"Did you not hear me? He's not dead until we say he's dead. You know what to do, so do it. Foster, go with him" Bailey taps my back. I groan, rolling my eyes once Bailey turns her back to me. With George I go.

"But he's dead" George turns to me with puppy dog eyes

"Not until we say he is" I shake my head, being the first to move back inside the building. George slowly moves behind me, and into the trauma room. I move to the left side of the bed, George going on the right

To make things better,Olivia, the nurse George "cheated" on me with is in the room. She hands him the paddles, and he awkwardly greets her.

"Okay. Charge to 200" I order, watching George place the paddles on the patients chest.

"Clear" George says, shocking the man once. Flatline.

"Push one of Epi, let's charge to 300" I nod my head

George looks up at me, "Seriously?"

"I think that's what Dr.Bailey wants you to do George. Dr.O'Malley" Olivia corrects herself when I glare at her. I narrow my eyes, and she gets the hint to back away from him.

"It's what she wants Dr.O'Malley" I mimic her, raising my eyebrows

"Okay, then let's charge to 300" He is agitated. Another shock, another flatline.

We've tried a lot of different things to get this guy back, but still no response. I'm almost ready to give up when Bailwy walks into the room.

"Alright. Well you guys can uh-"

"Should I call it?" George interrupts Bailey. I know this is the wrong decision when she gives him the famous Miranda Bailey glare

"Well, what would you do next, O'Malley?" Bailey asks

"I would call it" He announces, pulling a needle out of the patient.

"To save him" Bailey corrects herself. George looks to her with a blank expression in his face

"Uh, um. A pericardial window?" George questions himself.

"Excellent. Do it. Grey, you're done here" Bailey calls Meredith over to do a bowl obstruction. Meredith mutters a "fun" then follows Bailey

I stand next to George, pumping oxygen into the patient using a balloon,listening to Olivia ask George what's next. I roll my eyes, knowingness it's gonna be a long day.
~~

Dr. Bailey enters the room again, "Where are you guys?"

George peers into the patients open body, "I can see his heart. His heart that's not beating"

I sigh, peering over George's hands as I continue giving the patient oxygen.

"Okay, open the pericardium and aspirate. If the hearts still not beating, close and call it. What? You think we're defiling this mans body?" Bailey raises her eyebrows

"Well, we're certainly doing more--"

"Than what? If they're dead or dying when they come through those doors, you hump and hump hard. Why?"  Bailey stops George mid sentence

"For the experience" George shakes his head

"No, what else? There's something more" Bailey tells him. With no answer, she tells him to think on it, then leaves the room.

  Olivia stands awkwardly behind us, "I think I'm gonna see if I'm needed elsewhere."

As she leaves the room, I let out a sigh of relief. It's not exactly ideal to be in the room with your ex somewhat boyfriend and the reason you're not together anymore.

"So.. Are we talking yet?" George shyly asks

"Yes. I mean no. I mean-- I don't know George" I stutter, tensing my jaw

"I'm really sorry you know, I never wanted to hurt you" He tells me, moving his hands in the patients body.

  "Well you did" I shut my eyes tight. When I open my eyes, I see him give me a sympathetic look.

"We can talk about this another time. For now, let's just focus on saving this mans life" I nod my head. He does the same,continuing with the procedure.
~~

We ended up calling it, time of death 1:48. George was then paged to the chief, leaving me with no patient. I decide to go eat lunch with Christina and Izzie, who are talking about their patent getting a used or something. George joins us in the line, his task not taking very long.

We approach the table, 10 dolls with no heads sitting on the table. My guess is because Merediths patient ate 10 Judy doll heads. Looking over, Alex is smirking at the four of us.

"Look, see Judy fly" Christina throws a doll at Alex, but misses. Meredith also approaches us, and we all take a seat at the table

"Hey George?" Olivia walks up to us

"Hey" George says, turning away and ignoring her. Olivia walks away after rolling her eyes.

Christina and Meredith look to George, then back to me, then back to George. George is looking down and doesn't notice, so I quickly shake my head. I don't want to make things awkward by them bringing up the subject of us. 

"That's it. What are you doing George?" Meredith rips the doll George is playing with out of his hands

"What? I'm playing with a doll" He is taken aback.

"I mean with Riley. You make her think you like her, sleep with Olivia, and now you're making her think you like her again. So just spill it. Does she have a chance with you, or not? Because there's nothing worse than thinking you have a chance when you really don't" Meredith slams the doll onto the table as I awkwardly look to the ground

"I really don't want to be--"

Christina cuts me off, "I agree, if there's no way you two are ever gonna be together, you need to tell her!"

"Why are you yelling at me?" George mutters

"Estrogen. Because of estrogen!" Christina stabs a piece of lettuce with her fork. I still look to the ground, my cheeks flushing red.

I can feel George's gaze on me, making my jaw tense. Could this get any more awkward?

"So, new subject" Izzie says, making me finally look up.

"Great idea. How is everyone's day going?"
~~

"This is the donor from Wilkenson General" A nurse announces, wheeling a patient towards George and I. I don't know what it is with Bailey, but she likes pairing me with George. Maybe she's rooting for us? Thanks to Christina and Meredith, our exchanges have been awkward.

"Just put her in here until the harvest team comes down. Thanks" George orders as I open the hospital room door. The nurses wheel her in, handing me the balloon for respiration.

"At least this ones heart is still beating" I try to be optimistic. George smiles, but the nurses just leave the room.

George starts inspecting the patient, "Olivia told me they found the dead guys family. Do you want me to page you when they get here?"

"Sure." I roll my eyes at the mention of Olivia's name.

"Look, Riley. Ive already told you how sorry I am, multiple times may I add. We weren't technically together when it happened, so why are you still mad at me?" George half yells.

"Because I love you!" I blurt out, breath catching in my chest after the words slipped off my tongue.

When he stands in shock, I assume I should explain myself, "I have loved you, since our very first day here. I fell in love with your curly hair, the way you stutter in an awkward conversation, how you sprint down the halls of the hospital, and how nervous you get around me. And I guess is partially my fault that I didn't tell you how I feel, but-- now you know"

The tears in my eyes grow larger when I see that his eyes weren't even on me, and that he had continued inspecting the patient. I scoff, crossing my arms. The only emotion I feel now is embarrassed.

My arms fall to my side when he presses in the patients sternum, and her body lifts from the bed. He looks at me for the first time, "Did you just see that?"

"She's decerebrate. Her brain stem is still alive" I widen my eyes. George nods his head, turning his head to the doctor who just entered the room.

"We'll take it from here, thanks" The doctor nods

George tells him to watch, as he presses the girls chest again.

"She can't really be declared brain dead." I shake my head

The nurses and Doctor begin wheeling her out of the room, "It's a small reaction. They probably just missed it. The cortex is dead, the brain stem will follow"

"Yeah, but don't you--"

The doctor cuts George off, "She'll be dead by the time we get to the OR, doctor"

"But she's alive now" George mumbles, storming off down the hallway.

I watch George jog down the hallway, still shocked in myself that I had the bravery to tell him how I feel. And the fact that he didn't even acknowledge my statement makes me feel useless. So, I stand in the hallway defeated, not knowing my next move.

~~

George caught up to Derek, and told him about the patient who is "brain dead". They got her an MRI and EEG, and declared that she won't be a donor, at least not today.

Since I told George to page me for the dead guys family, I assume their here when my pager goes off. As I turn to corner to approach the waiting room, I stop in my tracks when I see Olivia talking to George. I turn back around the corner, listening in on their conversation.

"Look Olivia, I'm still not over Alex. Or the uh, Syph thing. That-- that's not really the problem" George stutters. I raise an eyebrow and keep listening

"There's a girl, who I uh... And frankly, I wouldn't care if she gave me the Ebola virus." George tries to explain, making my heart flutter.

"I like you Olivia, but I just don't like you enough."

There is a short pause before Olivia starts talking, "I gave it a shot, right? And you were honest. That's good."

I hear a small kiss, and assume he kissed the top of her head, a sign to show that he still cares. I decide this is the right time to make my appearance, and turn round the corner. George sees me and gives me a soft smile, nodding his head towards the door. I take a deep breath, and walk with George into the room.

This is going to be difficult, my first time telling a family that they have lost a loved one. As we stand in front of the family, George asks if they are Teds family.

"Yeah, yeah. We're Teds family." A women says, their whole family standing to their feet.

"Hello. I'm doctor Foster and this is doctor O'Malley" I introduce ourselves, shaking their hands.

They all smile, being polite even though they're dying to know how Ted is. George takes a deep breath before he starts.

"I'm very sorry, but we did everything we could to save Ted" George states it plain and simple. The feeling I got in my stomach was horrible, seeing their faces turn from happy to devastated. What got me the most was the women screaming in agony, burying her crying daughters face into her chest as they both fell to the ground. George then stood up, grabbing my hand and guiding me out of the room.

"That was horrible" I frown, following him towards the locker room as our shift is ending.

"Well, it's part of the job" He takes a deep breath. Right before we enter the locker room, he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"What are you--"

"I love you too" He spits out, my heart picking up its pace, making my stomach turn.

"I love you, and I was stupid to cheat on you, and--- and I don't know what else to say, because I'm horrible at expressing my feelings for someone. But all I know, right now, is that I love you" He half smiles, nervously waiting for my response

Instead of speaking, I quickly move towards him, and cup his face into my hands, pressing my lips onto his. He doesn't tense up this time, but moved his lips in the same motion as mine. Unlike of our semi-Awkward first kiss, this one was full of passion and, love. I didn't care who was watching in that moment. All I cared about was he knew I love him, and I know he loves me.

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.4K 74
Danica Rose Millers has gone through hell on earth. She starts her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital and meets people who will change her life for...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
5.9K 160 10
Y/n Shepard is a top-notch pediatric surgeon and hematologist at Seattle Grace. So, when his older brother is called down to Seattle Grace by Dr. Web...
55.6K 1.5K 88
Gisele Shepherd's life takes many many turns when she decided to stay in Seattle for her surgical internship