It's All Over

By SuperCrush

Many strange things are happening to Tess, she feels like she is being targeted by motorcyclists. Then one da... More

What If... What Would You Do?
Chapter 2: Last words
Chapter 3: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 4: Nightmares
Chapter 5: Don't Judge a Book by its Cover
Chapter 6: Ruined
chapter 7: The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Chapter 1: Party Like There's No Tomorrow

92 7 6
By SuperCrush

I opened my closet door and picked up all my bikinis. Dumping them on the bed, I collapsed into my zebra bed sheet with matching hot pink pillows. My bikinis lay sprawled out on my bed, some drawn over the edge clinging for their dear lives, others had already fallen to the floor.

 I pinch each bikini with my fore finger and thumb, and hold it away from my face as if it were my brother's stinky gym socks. After searching through a few two pieces, each one joining the fallen swim suits on the floor in a weak display, I finally pick up my white bathing suit with colorful imitation splatter paint.

 I quickly change into the two piece. I had been invited to go to a beach party at Venice beach. With its soft light sand, volleyball courts with sandy white balls to hit over nets, hot, tanned boys with their sexy abs, and crystal clear water that splashes up against you, forming huge, powerful waves, who would turn down the invitation?

 I filled my pink beach bag with sunscreen, my pink and white striped towel, and small purple beach umbrella. Pulling my yellow summer dress over my tanned body, I put on my one-inch heel flip-flops. My Gucci sunglasses sheild my eyes from the sun wafting in through the window.

 I strut into the hall where my boyfriend, Tyler, was waiting. He put his fingers to his lips and whistled," You look hot, Tess!" Tyler stands and leaves a warm kiss on my cheek. My smile shines, he places his muscular arm on my shoulder.

 "How are we going to get to the beach?" I ask as I dab sunscreen on my nose. Tyler presses his nose to mine, leaving a white mark on his perfectly pointed nose.

 He starts to rub the sunscreen into his skin,"My uncle is driving us."

 I cock my head, my strawberry blonde hair swishes with my movement," The one with five houses, or the one with a crack addiction?" The last beach party we had gone to, we had taken a ride with his uncle George, he was filthy rich, but he had been very cautious about the leather seats in his limo and made us sit on towels so we didn't get sand on the fur carpet.

 Tyler knelt down to tie his shoe for a distraction, I tapped my foot impatiently. "Uncle Bruce," He sighed. I groaned. "I know, I know. He has a crack addiction, but this time he is letting us sit in the front instead of the truckbed," He stood and put his arms around me, gripping my waist. I draped my arms on his strong body, giving in even though I was kinda mad at Tyler.

 Last time we had hitched a ride from Uncle Bruce, we had to sit in the back because Bruce's pit bull, Princess, who he would do anything for, likes to sit in the passenger seat, and when he made a sharp turn, I'd nearly fallen out.

 Tyler pulled my body closer to his. Tingles go up and down my spine. Goosebumps dance across my skin as Tyler's lips crash into mine. After awhile we pull away. I stare into his deep hazel eyes. Tyler's white teeth form a smile. This was our first real kiss, it wasn't in the most romantic place ever, but sparks flew.

 Beep beep! A car horn breaks us out of our trance. Tyler swings his bag onto his shoulder and offers to carry mine. "Such a gentlemen," I tease. He smirks and takes my hand. The palm of his hand is carved with his life line and various others. I trace my fingers along the deep lines. His life line is long, which is a good sign, but it had a lot of cracks and breaks. I wondered what it meant.

 We head outside, locking the house door behind us. I text my mom on my IPhone saying I had already left.

 In the driveway was a beat up pickup truck with faded gray paint. Graffiti was spread all over the hood. The door opened with a loud creaking noise that sounded like a dying cat. Tyler got in first since I didn't want to sit next to his creepy drug addicted uncle. The seats were cracked and covered in various stains. Sitting by the wheel was an old looking man with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. He had yellow crooked teeth and it looked like he hadn't shaven in a few days. A cap was pulled over his half bald head and it looked like he had gained more than a few pounds since the last time I'd seen him. McDonalds hamburger wrappers and used cigarettes were trashed all over the dashboard and floor.

 Uncle Bruce smiled at me, some of his teeth were missing and the ones he had weren't very pretty,"How are you pretty little lady?"

 "Good," I nodded my head in his direction.

 "You got a sexy one here Tyler, better hold on to her!" I was taken back. It felt awkward having his uncle comment on me so crudely. Tyler nodded slightly and gave me a look that seemed to say, Sorry. It wasn't his fault, I gave his hand a tight squeeze.

 "So, where is Princess?" Tyler asks awkwardly.

 "She is having a spa day with Chelsea. Their going to get paw-dicures!" He laughed at his pun," Then they are going shopping so Princess can get fitted for her tutu. And then Chelsea is getting a new bed for my little Princess!" Bruce smiled.

Ah, Chelsea, Bruce's fourth wife. His last wife had complained that he loved his dog more than her, which was true, and divorced him. The one before that had ran away creeped out he was so obsessed with his pit bull and also filed for divorce. I couldn't argue with them, he should leave the obsession for dogs to old rich ladies.

 The rest of the ride was silent except when uncle Bruce cursed someone for cutting him off. I ignored the finger that was slightly pointed at me when he got angry at the man in the other car.

 When we finally got to the beach and Tyler's uncle had pulled away in his beat up car, I sighed. The fresh salty breeze of the ocean wafted up my nose. The wind blew my hair away from my face and picked up my dress. I didn't bother reaching down to catch the skirt. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the ocean, seagulls squaked, waves crashed against rocks taking down surfers, people cheered as they spiked a ball on the volleyball court, and girls giggled at the well constructed abs of, Tyler.

 Wait a minute, TYLER? I whirled around as some girls walked past. They swooned at my boyfriend's muscles as he took his shirt off to go swimming. Stomping up to him, I took his arm and glared at the girls. Their eyes widened of fear and they scurried away.

 Tyler peered at me,"Jealous?" He poked me playfully.

 I turned away embarrassed, then looked back, a hint of confidence in my gray-blue eyes," Yes, considering you are my boyfriend. I don't want other girls looking at you."

 He smirked and wrapped me in a hug," Don't worry about it, I'm all yours." I nodded.

 We walked towards the party. Boys were surfing or playing volleyball. Girls were tanning or joining the game just to watch the guys.

 Derick Satter and Greg Huffley, the ones who had invited me and Tyler, approached us. "Hey guys, ready to surf?" Derick asked.

 Tyler nooded eagerly, but I shook my head," I don't know how to surf."

 "It's fine, we can teach you. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it," Greg offered.

 "Um...sure," I shrugged my shoulders.

 Tyler squeezed my hand,"You'll get it, I'll help too," He smiled at me.

 "Ok, but I don't have a surf board," I tried to make an excuse not to surf, it looked hard.

 "We got a ton of extra ones, this is a beach party after all," Darn it!

 I stripped down to my bikini. Dumping my stuff by a beach chair, I ran out to the waves where the boys had already gotten a board for me and themselves.

 "Okay, so what do I do first?" I asked as I traced the design on my board. It was black with a red heart on it. A arrow had been shot through it, making it look like it might burst.

 "Well, once you spot a good wave, you get on the board and start to paddle, then, when the wave hits you, just stand up, and bend your knees and stick out your arms for balance. Here, I'll show you," Derick peered out at the waves. He hopped on the surfboard and started to kick his legs as he paddled. The wave carried him away. He stood on the board and caught his balance. He reached the shore and started to swim back.

 When he reached us, his hair was soaking wet and dangling in his face. Derick flipped his hair and water sprayed all over us. "Oops, sorry," He apoligized to everyone, but it seemed like he was only talking to me.

 "Now you try," Greg butted in.

 I climbed onto the board. It tipped and swayed in the salty water. Laying there flat on my stomach, I looked back for a wave. A tall wave was rushing towards us. My arms cut through the water, splashing water everywhere. The wave approached, looming over me. The rushing water lifted me up and carried my board up and down with the currents. The board wobbled back and forth as I stood. My body shook with fear. The shore seemed so far away.

 Then, I toppled off my board. Salty water entered my mouth, making me choke. I coughed and sputtered, trying to call for help. The current had been stronger than I thought, I should have chosen a smaller wave for my first try.

 Strong arms slid through the water and grabbed me. My whole body was still shaking, not just of fear, but of the cold ocean water.

 I looked up to see that I was laying in Derick's arms. My eyes widened, where was Tyler? I was still coughing up seawater. Derick layed me down on a beach chair and I continued to choke.

 Tyler ran up and sat down next to me," Are you all right?" He held my hand.

 "I'm fine," I replied. After I stopped choking, I decided just to lay down and tan. Still a bit shaken up from almost drowning, I closed my eyes. I imagined I was at a spa getting a massage, cucumbers on my eyes, even though they don't do anything, and my feat dipped in hot water.

 "Hey, are you sure your okay?" A voice breaks me from my trance.

 I looked up to see Derick staring at me. I quickly sit up and sighed," Yeah, I'll be alright." My eyes followed the ball in a volleyball game, Tyler spiked the ball and I clapped for him.

 "Okay, if you say so," He looked skeptical.

 "Oh, and thanks for saving me," I said awkwardly, watching a volleyball roll away from the court.

 "No prob," He put his hand on the back of his neck, kicking the sand with his foot.

 "So, why aren't you playing?" I tilt my head toward the game.

 "Oh, I already played, may I sit," He gestured to the seat next to me.

 I nodded. Derick sat next to me, and I scooted away some. He brushed the sand off his feat.

 "So, how have you been lately?" He asked, breaking the ice.

 "Good, but you won't believe how I got here!" I laughed.

 "Shoot me," Derick insisted.

 "Tyler's uncle, he is a slob, and he is obsessed with a pit bull named Princess. He takes her out for 'paw-dicures'," I siad.

 "Really? Wow," He snorted. "I have a dog named Buddy, /i know it's a cheesy name, anyway, he will drag his butt across the floor and howl!"

 I giggled, but didn't say anything. We sat there in silence. The next thing a knew, Derick leaned over and kissed me, but I didn't kiss back.

 I pulled away," What the hell? Why the fuck did you do that? I have a boyfriend and you know that!" Derick just sat there, he wouldn't even look at me.

 I stomped away, my bag in my arms. Derick yelled, but didn't come after me. My skin felt bare in just my two piece so I pulled my drees over it. Tears streaked down my face. I am NOT the kind of girl who cheats, ecspecially not on Tyler. I loved him, and I would never do something like that to him. I didn't even know why Derick did that.

 Suddenly, Tyler stepped in front of me,"Where are you going, the party is just getting started!" I pushed him out of my way, ignoring him. I didn't want to hurt him by telling him what happened, I didn't plan to break his heart.

 The sun was going down, it was getting dark. My mom and dad were going on a date night, so I had no other way to get home but walk. The streets were dark and abandoned. A wolf howled. Shadows crept all around me. Tears streaked down my face as I thought about the day's events, ending with the kiss.

 A truck rolled past me, splashing water from the road onto my dress. My flip-flops slipped on the wet cement as I walked, making me fall on my butt. Slowly, I got up, taking my shoes off. Heading towards my house, I was a wet, barefoot, dirty mess.

 When I finally got home, I took a quick shower and collapsed on my bed. I didn't want to hurt Tyler, I didn't know how he would react if I told him.

 Love is a complicated thing. It's something that is hard to get, that everyone fights for. People who have it, don't know what to do with it, so they lose it, when they should have treasured love when they had it. I didn't know what to do with it right now, so I was going to lose it eventually.

 I was mad at Derick for kissing me. What would Tyler think? Would he believe me, or break up with me if I told him.

 My phone beeped, One new text message. I opened up the text, it was from Tyler.

 Hey, y did u leave. Is something wrong? -Tyler

 I paused. What should I do? Should I Answer him?

 Um...NO, nothing is wrong -Tess

 Then y did u leave? -Tyler

 Um...Just cuz -Tess

 Ok, well c u 2moro then -Tyler

I turned on the radio just as Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant started to play.

My heart skipped a beat. This was the song that had been playing when Derick kissed me, the speakers had been blaring music loudly in the background as we had our conversation. It had reached the finale just as he leaned over.

Shake me Down, Not alot of people left around, Who knows now, Softly laying on the ground, oooh, Not alot of people left around, oooh, oooh. In my life, I've seen, People walk into the sea, Just to find memories, Plagued by constant misery, Their eyes cast down, Fixed upon the ground, Thier eyes cast down. I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun.

Continue Reading