The Invitation

By VICMAD

Copyright © 2015 by VICMAD -All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or us... More

The Invitation
1~ The Beginning
2~ Sick of Fighting
3 ~ A New Day
4~ Mama Deb
5~ Vexation
6~ Hallelujah
7~ Let The Battle Begin
8~ Moving
9~ Party Time
10~ Hold Up
11~ Graduation
12~ Scheming
13 ~ Reverie
14 ~ Surprise!
15 ~ WTF
16 ~ Staking Her Claim
17 ~ Not Easily Fixed
18 ~ The Calm Before The Storm
19 ~ I've Had Enough
20 ~ The Drama is Real
21 ~ Help
22 ~ The Devil in Disguise
23 ~ Changes
24 - Time Goes On
25 ~ Strangers
26 ~ Fate
27 ~ Hello
28 ~ Familiarity
29 ~ Discoveries
30 ~ Blackmail
31 ~ Lies
32 ~ Family
33 ~ Starting Over...Again
34 ~ The Visitor
35 ~ Distraction
36 ~ New York New York
37 ~ Who Are You?
38 ~ Memories...Activated
39 ~ Hurting
40~ Why?
41 ~ Through Hurt and Pain, I Smile
42 ~ The Tables Turn
43 ~ Never the Right Time
44 ~ Mending
45 ~ From Old Memories...To Making New Ones
46 ~ Can't Help Falling In Love With You
47 ~ Heart to Heart
48 ~ Imma About to Whoop That...
49 ~ Too Much Too Soon
50 ~ New Prospectives
52 ~ Oh No!!!
53 ~ Breathe Again
54 ~ Choices

51 ~ Time to Take Control

8K 377 35
By VICMAD

Victoria's POV

3 Days later

I was standing in the bathroom looking back at my reflection. Being in a hospital bed for the last five days has given me a lot of time to think and plan. I had prayed hard to let these tiny babies be okay. Although Mama Deb wasn't here, I felt her presence. It almost felt like I was in her loving arms and safe in her embrace. She wasn't just my guardian angel but she was theirs too. I missed her. She was my family. Sara was like my sister, but Mama Deb was more of a mother to us than our own. Family had always been the staple to hold my life together. Even as Mama Deb had gone on, that spirit of family, love and devotion still stood. I wanted that feeling again.

Not soon after my plea to God, the tests came back and the babies are doing well. No bleeding, no cramps, just the flutters of life within me. I rubbed my stomach and smiled.

I put on some lipgloss and popped my lips. I was ready to take a leap of faith. I was tired of being 'poor little Victoria,' it was time for some serious decisions to be made. There was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

"How are you doing this morning Victoria?"

"I'm doing well Reverend Lee."

"That's good to hear."

"Have a seat."

Reverend Lee, was an older Vietnamese man but surprisingly he spoke perfect English. He was wearing a blue buttoned down shirt and jeans with a small bible in his hand. I had actually met Reverend Lee a few years ago at a youth empowerment conference where he was a guest speaker. He was very involved with the youth helping them find jobs and with educational services.

"So you have come to round on me today, Reverend Lee?"

"Yes. I had some time so I thought I would come to see my old friend and make sure everything went well with the tests yesterday."

"They came back, the babies are going to be fine but they aren't taking any chances so I'm still on bed rest but not as strict as before." 

"That's really good news, Victoria."

"It is indeed."

"So have you decided on what you want to do per our conversation yesterday?"

"Yes. With not much working going on anymore, I've had a lot of time to think."

"Remember you can't change the past, you can only change the future. God works in mysterious ways Victoria and as you may see failure, greatness is still there."

"You're right about that. I haven't given up on the school. I do need to step back, rethink and figure out a way to fulfill a promise I've made to so many. Believe me Reverend, it still hurts. Not just losing the school but Connie too. She was a good friend to me."

"She knew that. It hurt worse when we don't say goodbye, but one day you will see her again."

"I know that God only gives us what we can bear, but it feels like I've been carrying a load."

"Put it in God's unchanging hands. He will make that load light. I know at times it's hard to see things. You are pregnant with twins, building a school, being a mother, fiancé and dealing with all kinds of turmoil with Grace, and maybe the Lord knew it was too much. I know you independent ladies want to have it all, but sometimes reality steps in and you have to give it up. You were trying to do it all by yourself and sometimes we need extra hands."

He was right, maybe I was trying to take on too much by myself. I had to finally admit I needed help. I was tired of being 'poor Victoria' as I saw myself as a victim. It was time to move on, leave the pain behind and let Him guide me to my next destination.

"Family is important Victoria. You seem like you have a lot of help even with all the drama going on in the Robinson family. If you need help both mentally and physically you need to ask for it. You've lost your friend and your accomplishment, that can be hard to deal with."

"I'm getting through it. It's not easy but I'm working on it."

"I've seen the news reports about Grace. She's made a mess of things."

"I know. I just don't understand why the color of my skin is such a problem. She's always hated me along with her dead husband."

"That's shameful."

"Can you believe even after all the drama with Eric and his death, I never disrespected her? I never saw her, although I wouldn't have remembered her anyway. But just the fact when I announced I was opening the Robinson's School, she was not having it. I thought it would be a symbol of hope and prosperity to those that would not ordinarily have aspirations."

"You were doing good works. God could see that. Setbacks lead to great comebacks."

"I like that. That's a good slogan to use."

"Thank you, Gregory, one of our Youth Ambassadors used that the other day in a seminar."

I chuckled. "I'm hoping to get released tomorrow."

"That would be awesome."

"I'm ready to go home."

"Will Alexander be there to help?"

"I think so. I have been thinking about him a lot."

"That's expected."

"You said family is important and I totally agree. I've asked Alexander to adopt Mia."

"That's wonderful. She needs a male figure in her life. I mean she has her uncles, but a dominant male around would be good. So when is the wedding? I definitely want an invite."

"Well since you have mentioned it, can we talk?"

Alexander's POV

"I think Lenny will be sending the last of the documents to your office Robert. I appreciate you taking care of this while I'm still out of town."

"When will you be coming back to New York?"

"That's hard to say right now."

"We miss you. Lenny is good but you're better."

"Thanks for the confidence booster."

"You're Tyler's nephew, I know he's taught you well."

"I have a few of my own tricks."

"Well if you need something, let me know. I am indebted to you. You have saved my hide many times."

"I will speak with you later Robert."

We hung up and I slipped my phone in my jacket pocket. I had just made it to the hospital from dropping Mia off at school. My little girl did not want to go, she wanted Victoria so I had to bribe her with a promise to play dress-up when she got home. She was a mini Victoria, sassy and loving. I had taken her to meet my Uncle Tyler yesterday and I had never seen a man fall so hard for child. He didn't even liked children but somehow she had gotten through that hard shell of his.

I found Victoria's room, walked in to find her sleeping. I kissed her on the forehead and took a seat. I smiled being so close to her. Having the scare with the babies and the turmoil with the school, I was glad she was finally resting. She had tossed and turned for the last few days and now she looked to be resting peacefully.

"Hey there."

I looked up to see her stretching. She was smiling which was a welcomed surprise. The past couple of days left heartache and pain across her gentle face.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good, actually great."

"I can see, you're smiling."

"I can't help it. How was Mia this morning?"

"Cranky with not having her mother there. I fixed pancakes and bacon, she ate three."

"She loves pancakes."

"I can tell. She didn't want to go to school."

"Really? She loves school."

"She misses you, I think I'm a poor substitute."

"Nonsense, you're a good daddy."

"You think so?"

"Yes. Being a parent takes time, it fits you. So how did you get her to go to school?"

"Bribing."

"Attorneys are not suppose to bribe."

"I almost gave in. She batted her little eyelashes, hugged my neck, kissed me on the cheek and told me how much she loved me. I damn near melted Vic. I remember you telling me to not let her get to me so I had to be strong. So I compromised. I told her if she went to school, we would play dress up."

"See you held your ground. She was trying to manipulate you so she wouldn't have to go, but you saw right through her. Believe me she has done it to me too. I've actually given in a couple of times. Dress up was a good compromise, I would have done it too." She smiled and I saw her fingers tapping.

"What is it Vic? I see you tapping your fingers. When I see clients doing that, they normally have something on their mind they want to talk about."

"I met with Reverend Lee today."

"How is he?"

"He's doing great. We had a nice chat."

"About?"

"Family and how important it is."

"I agree."

"So...I was thinking we should get married quickly."

"How quickly are we talking? I mean you're on bed rest."

"Tomorrow?" She adjusted her pillow as if this was just a casual conversation.

"Did I hear you right?"

"Yes, I said tomorrow."

"Are you sure you want to do this now? We can wait until after the babies are born."

"Why wait? I can still pull off the sexy. Don't you want me Alexander?"

Victoria POV

He gave me like this hungry like the wolf stare, was that drool? I laughed to myself.

"Let me get this straight, you want to get married tomorrow?"

"I will be released and that's when I officially start my bed rest. I figured Sara could help and Reverend Lee has agreed to perform the nuptials at his small church. I don't need a huge wedding Alexander. You know me, small and romantic and this time no tricks."

"You're serious?"

"As serious as I'm carrying these babies. I figure after, we could go back to my house and cuddle. I mean there's other fun things we could discover. It would be different this time."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I heard Sara talking about how miserable she is with her mother along with planning her wedding and I don't want the headache. You put on a suit, I wear a pretty dress and wala, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Scott."

"You're actually serious," he said more as a comment than a question. He folded his arms, he seemed to be in shock repeating himself.

"Do you love me Alexander?"

"Of course I do, you never have to question that."

"Then let's do it." A big smile crept across his face.

"You know this is crazy right?"

"It's not like we haven't done it before." I winked and he chuckled. He leaned down and kissed me.

Someone walked in clearing their throat. Alexander stepped away and it was Sara.

"Were y'all about to do the nasty?"

"No, we were making plans."

"What kind?"

"Alexander and I are getting married tomorrow."

"Wwhhhaattt? You're on bed rest."

"I figured we could do it on the way home tomorrow. Nothing fancy, Reverend Lee will officiate."

"The youth minister guy?"

"Yes."

"You know that's cheesy right?"

"Well, we've done it before so it will be fine. I just need your help." She looked from Alexander to me.

"Is she serious Alexander?"

"Yes."

"And you're agreeing to this?"

"If that what's she wants, then I'm okay with it."

"Do you have a fever Vic?" She leaned in checking my forehead.

"No. I am fine."

"How do you plan on doing this? Louisiana states that you must wait 72 hours."

"Taken care of. Judge Lemoine waived the waiting period. I am a Louisiana resident so it was quite easy in fact. It's all in who you know."

She folded her arms.

"The ceremony should only last a good fifteen to twenty minutes. All Alexander has to do is go to the Clerk of Court's office and ask for Ms. Gloria, she will have everything you need."

"You really have thought this out."

"Yes Sara I have."

"Both people have to be there to get the license," Alexander said.

"Nope. Ms. Gloria has everything taken care of. She did ask for a copy of my license which is in my purse. You will call me when you get to her office and then FaceTime me. You will have my affidavit to sign my name." I reached over and opened the drawer.

"Girl you're dangerous with a cellphone," Sara said jokingly.

"Don't be surprised if I have a folder on all you peeps."

Everyone laughed.

"Look, I only want you, Mia, Dean and Daniel there. No one else. I have a beige dress in the back of my closet and Mia has a pretty pink dress that ties in the back. I want it simple with no stress."

"Okay."

"Reverend Lee will handle everything at the church, we only have to show up. As far as a mini reception..."

"Got it. I will cook," Sara said smiling.

Alexander and I looked at her in horror.

"My cooking is not that bad."

"Didn't Daniel give you a gift card to attend culinary classes?" I asked.

"Shut up Vic. I told him I wanted to take classes not because of my cooking."

"Just call Ruffiano's and ask for Greg he can take it from there."

"Whatever Vic, fine."

"I really like this take charge woman," Alexander said as he bent down whispering against my lips.

"Get use to it." I kissed him and sent him on his way. Sara wasn't too far behind him as I gave her a few more things to do. After she left, I grabbed my phone and dialed.

"Hello?"

"Thank you for the beautiful bouquet."

"Glad you like them."

"It worked."

"Thank you for putting my nephew out of his misery. He loves you and Mia very much and always has."

"I know that now. Thank you for arranging everything."

"My pleasure. Judge Lemoine is one of my retired law professors, we go back many, many years."

"I was a little afraid to call you but somehow I knew if I did you could help me, so thank you."

"I was hoping you would get my card. This Reverend Lee seems nice and he likes you, so he was easy to deal with."

"Good, he's a really nice guy." There was a long pause.

"Any news on Grace? Terrance? Angelique?"

He chuckled.

"Angelique well she's been reassigned at the newspaper. I think her first undercover assignment is to investigate some Drug Lord in Miami, there's so many I can't remember the name. She left last night."

"Sounds dangerous."

"If she makes it back, she will never be the same."

I covered my mouth in horror.

"Terrance unfortunately was caught last night with ten grams of cocaine, and another twenty-five grams of crack. That on top of pending charges of arson, murder and a slew of other charges. He did make a plea and decided to throw Grace under the bus with taped conversations and proof of wired monetary payouts of more than a hundred thousand dollars, so he will be taking the deal of ten years in prison instead of a life sentence."

"Where did the drugs come from? I've never seen him doing or taking them, this is the first I've heard of this?"

"Oh you didn't know? He's a local drug dealer, that decided to quit, but went back a few months ago, old habits die hard."

I was so glad nothing happened between us.

"And Grace?"

There was a pause almost as if he had stepped away.

"My sister will go to jail as she was the mastermind behind these execrable crimes.  Arson, murder, and assault the list goes on and on. Terrance ratted her out to save his ass so no deal for her. Just with the arson charges along with property damage, originally the prosecutor was looking into the max of 20 years. Since Grace's aim was to destroy you which they are now considering a hate crime, along with Connie's death, she's looking at a life sentence or the death penalty. Likely she will get life in prison with no parole. If that is the case, she will live out her days in a cell."

I put my hand to my mouth.

"No one will defend her although she has the right to an attorney, a public defender will be representing her. All her assets will be liquidated to pay the fines associated with the loss of your property."

"This is happening so fast."

"When you have a strong case, things happen quickly. It also helps when the DA is running for Mayor and he despises Grace and her belated husband. He's tough on crime, no matter who you are, true justice for all."

"Grace deserves to be punish. The racial banter I could live with, but trying to harm my child is unforgivable and her killing Connie, I hope she rots in hell. I've never done anything to her for such cruel intentions. The color of my skin seem to have pushed her over the edge."

"Things happen that can't be changed Victoria. With that, I would like to apology for tricking you into marrying Eric. It was deceitful of me as I knew about his parents monetary failures and I didn't want them to get a hold of his inheritance to pay for their mistakes. I was trying to look out for my nephew. I must say and admit you two have created a very special gift, my sweet great niece Mia. I've had the pleasure of meeting her yesterday and she was pure joy."

I smiled. "Thank you for the apology and I accept. Mia is a charmer, she gets it from her father."

"She does."

"Thank you Uncle Tyler. I can't wait to meet you in person tomorrow."

"The pleasure is mine Victoria. Have a good evening."

The next morning

Standing in front of Reverend Lee along with Alexander with his dark grey designer suit on made my heart jump. He looked as handsome as ever as he repeated his vows. Standing behind him were his brothers or should I say his partners in crime.

"Your turn Alexander," Reverend Lee said.

"Victoria, you have made me feel more loved than I ever thought possible. Today, I give you all that I am, and all that I have. Just as I give you my hand to hold today, I give you my heart, my faith, my life. I choose you today. And I would choose you again tomorrow. I would go on choosing you the day after, and every day for the rest of our lives. You are my once-in-a-lifetime. I love you and vow to always carry you in my heart forever more."

I cupped his cheek. Mia clapped as she sat next to her great uncle Tyler. I smiled as she smiled back at me. I passed my small pink rose bouquet to Sara and said my vows.

"I believe in you Alexander, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always."

He bent down and kissed me as Reverend Lee cleared his throat.

"Sorry," Alexander said pulling back with pink lipstick on his lips.

We exchanged rings and then Reverend Lee pronounced us man and wife.

"Congratulations Mrs. Scott," Sara said with a giggle giving me a hug.

The small chapel was covered in pink bouquets and a quintet playing a sweet melody in the back. We hugged everyone as Alexander held on to Mia.

"You married mommy?" she asked him.

"Yes sweetheart."

"Good, you can kiss her again, with my pemerson." Everyone laughed.

"Well since I have your permission I think I will." He leaned over and kissed me again. Mia jumped up and down in his arms clapping and laughing.

We all left and headed to my house where Sara and her invisible elves had a feast awaiting, yep definitely Ruffino's. We all celebrated until the last person left and then I was carried upstairs.

"You didn't have to carry me?"

"That's tradition for the groom to carry his bride."

"You're right."

He laid me on the bed.

"I have a confession about how I was able to pull the strings for the wedding."

"Let me guess...you used my resources maybe my uncle."

"Yes, how did you know?"

"I know his handy work anywhere."

"Are you mad?"

"Of course not."

"Good." I was relieved.

"Oh I have something for you." He walked over to the closet and pulled out his briefcase where he passed me two long envelopes.

"This one is for Mia's adoption."

I leaned over taking the papers. Indeed he had taken care of everything along with Tyler. He had the signature tabs ready and passed me a pen to sign which I did with no questions.

"Here you go, all done."

"This second one is the information you wanted on William Hagerman, the man Grace claimed to have been your grandfather."

"It's thick." I swallowed hard. "Just tell me if it's true."

He bent down on one knee and held my hand. "It's true. He signed your mother's initial birth certificate that just so happened to have been misplaced a few months after she was born. A new one had to be reissued but his name was not on that one."

"Is he alive?"

"He died five years ago in a convalescent home in Texas. His wife died four years prior to his. Grace attended both funerals they were her friends."

"The one thing she didn't lie about."

"I'm sorry the news is grim."

"It's okay, I really didn't have high expectations but I'm glad you found out for me, I appreciate that."

"I would do anything to make you happy."

"I spoke to the doctor, no penetration but there are other things that are so much better the experts say. I think we should prove their theories." I untied his tie.

"Is there one thing in particular?"

"Alicia gave me a list of maybe twenty to thirty scenarios." I unbuttoned his shirt.

"Mia is napping so we can't disturb her," he said kissing me on my neck.

"Then we will just have to be quiet. I can tell you that majority involves a lot of kissing and since you are the best when it comes to that, I can't wait to see what you have in store my dear husband," I said pushing back his shirt off his shoulders.

It didn't take long before hands were moving and lips were in places that seem to go beyond the normal places of exploration. With his steely moans he succumbed to the hidden excitement I bestowed upon him. He let out a deep breath.

"How much longer again?" he asked almost breathless.

"A few months squared."

"Damn it! So not funny right now. This is going to be painful and I am going to need a lot of cold showers."

"It will make the heart grow fonder."

"Being this close to you, I'm going to need a lot of prayer and self-control."

"I'm not going to lie, I want to feel you skin to skin."

"You are going to be the death of me woman!"

"I can easily solve that problem again."

I leaned up taking off my bra and then my panties. He rubbed his hands up my legs and I straddled him. I placed his hands in mine and placed them on my stomach. I moved his right hand a little under my rib cage. A slight movement had his eyes widening. I took his left hand and placed it on top of my stomach. Another flutter. His eyes began to water.

"Is that..."

"Yep, they know your voice, they are excited."

"I can't wait to meet you two, I'm so happy I'm your daddy." I had a few more flutters as they were giving us a show. Once they stopped, I rolled over and he wrapped his arms around me nuzzling his face in my hair as I closed my eyes and we slept.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 14.9K 102
I tried to get away from his dangerous grip but it got more tighter. I gave up fighting and his artistic hands cupped my cheeks and pulled closer for...
39.3K 3K 12
If Shaira Angelina Vanedestine had synonyms on this day. It was a successful multi billionaire and downright rude. She had achieved everything in her...
19.9K 2.4K 26
Lily Autumns has watched Allie Winters blow up her boss's, life three times. Once when Allie destroyed his company, and bought it for scraps, once wh...
109K 347 17
There are limited career options for a young girl in the medieval times. Koko is a former orphan living at a convent, training to be a nun as per her...