[Paused] Dear Bloodhounds...

By StallingInWonderland

{1st place - Vampire/Werewolf - The Heavenly Awards 2017} ---- Lily Reid. 26 years old. Online magazine jou... More

1. Teaser/Prologue + Authors Note
2. Disclaimer
3. You're distracting...
4. Shh, sweet girl
6. Let me show you how thankful I am
7. Good morning, gorgeous
8. You're my girl, after all

5. I love you on top

54 5 9
By StallingInWonderland

I powered through, making it to my floor as fast as I could. Fortunately I had plenty of motivation in the form of a hulking, raging bull who was following closely behind, taking the stairs two or three at a time as though they were nothing.

"Stop.

Lily, stop.

Tell me. Who. Is. Sam?"

I caught him off guard as I swung myself around to face him, jabbing my key into his chest.

"Look, you, I don't know who you are, what you want, or how you know my name, but Sam is just beyond this door and he will kick your a*s if you don't leave!"

I raised my nose in the air and puffed out my chest to make myself as intimidating as possible.

"Look, that idiot who had all your attention at the coffee shop said your name countless times -I'm not a stalker. I mean, despite the current predicament suggesting otherwise...".

He looked slightly sheepish and rubbed the back of his neck, as though just realising how following me home may look.

"I –I just, needed to be near you. I'm sorry for scaring you."

He sighed and then almost instantly his face changed to one filled with pain and anger.

I guess he just realised what I said about...

"Who is Sam?"

I shook myself out of the little trance I had been completely lost in. My name pouring from his lips had sounded like silken honey, had caressed every part of my body in warmth. His apologies and seemingly genuine nature making me forget he was a stranger who I met only a few hours ago. I blinked and turned to my door, ready to put this conversation to bed, despite the obvious attraction I felt for him.

"Sam's my husband. My Navy SEAL husband. He's just back from sea and is waiting in bed for me to join him. I'm not sure he'll be too happy with some punk trying to take me away from him. In fact, if I were you I'd run before he comes out here an-"

*whimper*

A soft whine flowed through my closed front door.

*sniff, sniff, sniff*

Persistent sniffing followed, accompanied by soft thuds near the base of the door.

*whiiiiine*

A high pitch whine broke out from the same source.

I sighed. He would choose this exact moment to notice.

I pinched my nose as I put the key in the door. Glancing sideways I was met with a large grin and eyes twinkling with amusement.

Bending down, I shoved the door open at the same time. A flash of black fur shot towards me and bounced onto my folded knees.

Sharp yelps echoed through the hallway, accompanied by stifled laughter. I picked up my small bundle of fluff and glared at the man struggling to keep composure.

"Oh for goodness sake, out with it. You're going to start an earthquake the way your shoulders are shaking.

Come on, Sammy. Let's go to bed."

I smirked as I headed through my door, ball of fur under one arm, free hand waving a quick goodbye.

----

I put down the small pup who had given me away on the couch and began undressing. My tights had dried in and were slightly crispy. They were disgusting.

I tied my hair up high and set about tidying up the pups toys. He made as much mess as a toddler with all his soft squeaky bones.

After eventually dressing myself in my cosiest lounge pants and jumper I switched on the kettle before deciding that a glass of wine was probably a better shout.

Large glass of red in hand, I made my way over to the large L-shaped couch taking up most of the room. Sam was buried under some of our countless blankets, softly snoring away. I made a space for myself beside him and reached for my Mac to post the latest chapters, only to find my bag wasn't there. In fact, I couldn't recall seeing it at all since I came in half an hour ago.

Oh God. I had it outside. With him. I put my bags down to get Sammy.

Oh no. I just knew he was spinning me lies. I bet he planned this. To rob me of my baby when I was totally engrossed in his stunning good looks and f*cktastic chest.

I rushed to the front door, flinging it open, preparing myself to run... who knows where... to try and find the good-for-nothing thief.

I bolted out the door only to trip and fall flat on my front. I braced myself as best I could for impact and huffed out when I hit the solid surface.

Groaning aroused me from my position and I took in the greying floor of my hallway.

"As much as I love you being on top, could you get off me? Your arm's seriously damaging the boys."

I quickly scrambled to a standing position. I went right over whateverhisnameis's head and landed smack bang on top of his chest and, well, 'boys'. Landing myself in what can only be described as the least pleasurable '69' position imaginable.

"Wha- What are you doing outside my door? Waiting for me to go to sleep so you can rob me of everything else?" Balling my fists by my waist I awaited his response.

He stood up, wincing slightly as he did so.

"Yeah, that's exactly it. I stayed here, with your bags, waiting just so I could steal your puppy. Or should I say, steal your Navy SEAL away?"

His eyes twinkled again, crooked smirk plastered on his smug face.

I opened my mouth once or twice, struggling to come up with words. I eventually settled for blushing and avoiding eye contact.

"I stayed here because I assumed you'd look for your bag soon enough, seeing as you stormed out the coffee shop in the middle of a sentence, and you'd realise you forgot them.

I didn't think you'd fall head over heels, or to be more precise, your heels over my head, that quickly though."

I involuntarily bit my lip at his obvious innuendo.

"Hey."

He pulled my lip free with his thumb, holding my chin in his palm and quirking an eyebrow.

"Don't. If anyone's going to bite this lip it's going to be me."

I gazed at him, taking in every word he said, yet not understanding any of them.

"I- uh, I'm sorry. For, uhh, accusing you and well, you know, hurting the lads."

I quickly darted my eyes downwards and back to his eyes to make sure he knew what I was talking about.

Why?! Why the actual f*ck did you just swatch a glance at his crotch? We both know what you're talking about. There's no need to obviously perv at him.

Way to go.

...But was that the hint of a bulge I caught sight of there?

Hm.

"You know, if you wanted to check me out you can go ahead. I don't mind."

Damn, he caught that.

"Yes I did."

Crap. I said that out loud.

His smirk grew wider if that was possible, his head tilting down towards me.

His hand moved to hold my arm and squeezed.

"You ok? Sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut. I just seem to have no filter around you."

He looked a little downhearted.

Speak, you freaking idiot.

"NO! No. I'm sorry. I sort of spaced out there.

I'm really sorry for thinking you were gonna steal my stuff. It was really sweet of you to stay out here with them, although you could've just chapped the door."

I found myself smiling brightly at the silliness of sitting outside.

"Do you fancy coming in for a drink? My way of apologising?

I promise my 'husband' won't chase you out."

My hands rung themselves in my oversized jumper, his still holding my arm.

"As long as it's not another ginger concoction."

His face contorted into one of repulsion at just the thought.

I giggled, actually f*cking giggled like a school girl, and headed back inside.

Cocking an eyebrow right back at him and nodding my head towards the direction of the couch I invited him in.

"Wine?"

He smiled deliciously as he picked up my bags and brushed past me, kicking his shoes off in the process. He bent his head down towards my ear and murmured lowly, the fine hairs there picking up on the small sparks he was causing to pulse through my body.

"I'd love one."

----

A/N
Hello again, my lovelies.

Second chapter for today. I felt the last one was a little short/a bit of a filler so I held off 'til this one was done.
What do you think of them?

Vote/comment/send me a 🙂/🍷//or pm me. I might take a bit updating but I always, always respond. Usually within a day.

Also, if I see a notification from someone new I always check out your work so don't be shy.

And hey, if you're a silent reader that's also fine. I'm just happy you're with me!

Thanks to those who voted, commented and added this to their reading lists! You have no idea how giddy I was! Lots of virtual hugs to you all .

- Ellie 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 1.4K 17
a story of forbidden love ~ Excuse me ~ can I go for a ride ? - JJK Anytime baby~ -KTH I don't mean the bike -JJK I don't mean the bike either - KTH...
480K 10.8K 48
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
500K 19.4K 30
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...