The BadAss Mate

By MilkyWay27

{Book 2} Conan Ludwig. He's a werewolf. But not just any other werewolf, he is the adopted son of Nathan Ludw... More

The BadAss Mate (E)
1: Conan (E)
2: Lena (E)
4: Ditching (E)
5: Information (E)
6: Accepted (E)
7: They're Mates (E)
8.1: First Date (E)
8.2: The First Date (E)
9: Hanging Out With The Royalty (E)
10: Sweet Side of Conan (E)
11: Suspicious
12: The Vampire
13: Fight for a Heart
14: Definition of Love
15: Broken
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! *CLOSED*
16: Different
17: Perfectly Puzzled Family
18: Heat
19: Leading Him On
20: Truth's Out
21: Never Leaving
22: Surprise Visit
23: Betrayal
24: Pure Human with Powers
25: Preparation
26: War is the Answer
27: Torture
Summary
28: What About Me?
29: Over Again
30: Lena is Dead
31: Scavenger Hunt
Epilogue
Yes or no?
The Bet

3: Tired (E)

16.8K 448 33
By MilkyWay27

The BadAss Mate

3: Tired

Conan's Point of View

"We love you, Conan!" The girls cheered from the bleachers, giggling with each other.

I smirked at the crowd then started dribbling the ball as I made the run for it, avoiding the blocks of the opponent team, shooting it right on the basket. The bleachers started to hoot and chant my name.

Score!

Coach called me to be switched with one of my team mates. I nodded at him and gave his back a friendly pat, "Good luck man." He grinned as thanks and ran at the center of the gym.

I looked up at the bleachers and grinned, but the cheerleaders wasn't the one that caught my eyes like it usually would, it was Lena. Her shining blonde hair cascading down her face, her brown eyes twinkling through the lights, she smiled at me but then she quickly wiped it off when she realized what she was doing before looking away.

The tingles.

The shock.

It was surprisingly.. a good feeling.

I frowned at myself and sat down on the bench, my head turned to look up again but Danica blocked the perfect view of my mate, "Oh my god, babe! You were so awesome out there!" She squealed, squeezing me in a hug.

My eyes blinked, as I cleared my throat, "Oh, uh yeah." I chuckled nervously, cracking a forced grin at her to pretend to be enthusiastic.

Shit, what's going going on with you Conan? Pull yourself together, man. You dont want a mate, right? Right. Right.

'Conan, I don't understand you and I don't think I ever will.' My wolf, Gino sighed.

I can feel him shake his head inside my mind, I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I sighed and pulled away from Danica clutching my head. I have so much in my head right now.

One more year, I'm going to be the Alpha. I still have to get rid of Danica. Then, getting killed by my mom if she ever found out I was ignoring my mate. Lena. What if mom finds out? I'm so dead.

Lena.

Lena.

Lena.

Shit, she's all in my head. Why can't I just stop thinking about her? She's not that important.

Fuck, Lena Carter, what the hell are you doing to me?

I looked up to see she was already walking away. Away from the gym, away from the bleachers, away from the people.

Away from me.

Why am I acting like this?

Why does it feel like it's hard?

'You won't feel that struggle if you just accepted our mate.' Gino growled.

*

Lena's Point of View

My mouth curled up in a smile unconsciously  when we both made an eye contact. Familiar tingles went off through my body, it was nice feeling like this, I could get used to this. My head suddenly snapped out of its daze, then I realized I was in.. reality. Oh I wish I could just run up to him, and give him a big kiss as a congratulations.

I wiped off the smile and looked away as soon as I saw Danica walking over to him.

Why is this so hard? No. Why does it have to be so hard?

Why can't he just love me?

Is it that hard for him to love his mate? I'm his mate, this wasn't supposed to that hard.

I sighed, looking at the game it was almost finished. I don't even know myself why I came to watch this game, I never understand basketball anyway.

'Because you knew Conan will be here.' D'neah said in my head, matter of factly.

"I knew that.." I muttered to myself out loud. I looked at him again, just to see him and Danica hugging. "Why does this have to hurt so much?" I asked, feeling the ache on my chest. It wasn't because of the physical contact between him and Danica, it was because I knew he would never hug me like that.

Holding back my tears, I took my bag and walked away. He could've just rejected me, maybe it would've been easier for me, and maybe I could've moved on easier.

I walked down the hallway of our school, it was empty because everyone was at the gym watching the game happening. It's pretty obvious that we'll win. I went to my locker, taking my sweater and wore it on. It's so cold. Hugging myself, I shivered at the feeling of the coldness, the sweater was not doing anything, and went out of the school.

Not even a step away from the door, I already bumped into a muscle-y chest. I groaned as my butt made a contact with the pavement, "Ow."

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry, miss. I really didn't mean to." A deep and husky voice apologized, he held my arm as he helped me up, "Are you alright?" He asked,looking so concerned, his hand still holding my arm.

I looked up to his emerald eyes and smiled a little, blushing, "Yeah, I'm fine."

He grinned, as he slowly took his hand away form my arm, "I really am sorry." He said, emphasizing every word he said, "I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding."

"No, it's fine." I assured him, "I wasn't looking as well, it was really my fault."

He chuckled, "Let's just say it's both our faults."

I nodded, "That's definitely a good idea."

"I'm Chris." He smiled, holding out his hand for me to shake.

I held it, "Lena." We shook our hands.

We stared at each other's eyes, our hands still holding each other but it wasn't shaking, it was still as we held hands.

He looked at me as if he's in awe, "Why are you looking at me like that?" I blushed, a bit weird-ed out.

"You just look so beautiful." He smiled slyly.

Beautiful?

No one ever called me that.

Even my own mate.

"Why are you saying that?" I frowned, "Are you blind?"

"Wh-" He got cut off when someone stepped out of the school. We turned and Conan stepped out of the school, surprisingly by himself.

He saw me, "Le-" He was about to say something when he noticed Chris in front of me. He glared at Chris about to open his mouth to say something again, but then his eyes went down on something then he started scowling as if he saw something he deeply despises. I followed his eyes then saw me and Chris we still holding hands. "Oh.." Oh.

I slowly took my hand away and wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans. Conan frowned at me, then Chris. He gritted his teeth, his eyes turning black, he threw an arm around me and I tensed, shocked that he even touched me willingly. I felt the satisfying sparks run my body once again, as my heart literally trying to jump out of my chest.

"Who are you?" Conan asked, squinting his eyes.

Chris rubbed the back of his neck the held it out for Conan, "I'm Chris."

Conan looked at it then him, "Why are you with my girlfriend?"

Since when did I become his girlfriend? I looked at him, frowning deeply.

"Uh.." Chris trailed off, "I bumped into her." He took his hand back on his side when he realized Conan wasn't going to shake it.

I sighed, shrugging Conan's arm off of me, "I'm not his girlfriend."

Chris looked at us confused, "But.. He said you are.."

"And she is." Conan said, firmly, grabbing my arm and tugging me close to him, "Sorry man. You have to go, me and Lena have much to talk about."

"Uhm... Sure." Chris muttered, frowning with confusion etched on his face, turning to me and waved, "I guess I'll see you around, Lena."

I smiled tightly, waving back and watched his back as he walk off disappearing inside the school. I yanked my arm from Conan harshly and started to walk away.

He tugged my arm again, "Lena."

I turned around, facing him, and glared, "What do you want now, Conan?" Mocking him, like how he talked to me the other day.

He glared at me, "Why are you with him?"

"Why do you care?" I retorted.

"Because you're my mate!" He screamed.

I flinched, ignoring it, as I went to reply to him, "So now I'm your mate?" I jabbed my finger on his chest, ignoring the connection between us, "Don't you remember what you just said yesterday? You don't want a mate, you said."

He gritted his teeth, "But, that doesn't mean you have to go whore around."

That was a low blow. He doesn't know how much his words hurts me.

Tears clouded my eyes, "So, now I'm a whore?" I spat, "I've never ever had anyone in my life. Chris, I just met him, and you know what? I'd rather be with him than be with you. Because you know why? He made me feel really special, and in my whole life he's the only person that called me beautiful. Doesn't that sound pathetic? Even my own mate doesn't call me beautiful. But a stranger did." I scoffed, letting out a mock laugh, "Maybe I am beautiful. But, of course. You had to come and ruin it all. Shit, Conan! I want to move on, then you go tell me I'm your mate and that I have no right to talk to any other guys, but you." I yelled, "Why don't you listen to yourself first? Conan, please fucking make up that messy mind of yours because I'm so tired." My shoulders, sagged in defeat as I let my tears win and they slowly poured down my cheeks, "I'm so fucking tired."

I wiped my tears away then turned around, I was about to walk away but stopped I looked at him over my shoulder, "If you don't make up your mind fast. I swear you're going to regret everything." I muttered, "You're already this close on pushing my limits." I held up my pointing finger and thumb with a very tiny gap after than I proceeded on walking away.

I always complete my dramatic exit when it comes to him because he never thought of following me.

It's like he doesn't care I walk away from his life.

| Hey. This chapter was supoosed to be longer than I just posted. But, I decided to stop it on where she walked away. So yeah. 

-Elle.xx |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.7K 3K 45
Paige Diana Morgan was considered the best in her class. She had a fierce quality about her. And why not she was one of the toughest nut to crack. S...
400K 8.1K 47
Adalyn Carter is the Beta's daughter yet she is treated as the Omega. She hides and stays out of the light. She stays away from Alpha to be Murphy As...
18.8K 1.1K 30
||2023 WATTYS SHORTLISTER|| ❛I found myself struggling to breathe. I could feel his emotions as though they were my own, and it terrified me - not ha...
459K 25.8K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...