Sagesse ☾ Derek Hale {2}

By blankissues

☾ ✩ What you are doesn't define who you are...but can you know who you are without knowing what? ✩ ☽ While se... More

prologue; abigail sagesse argent
one; nothing
two; life threatening conversations
three; nutrition is key
five; defective
six; night terrors
seven; nine pounds
eight; paper balls
nine; the past is a bitch
ten; annoying deputies
eleven; catching friends?
twelve; 'new' hot girl
thirteen; creature of the night
A/N
fourteen; aftermath
fifteen; strange occurrences
A/N
sixteen; americas next top model
seventeen; needing answers
eighteen; pool party
nineteen; class participation
twenty; science class
twenty one; bathroom pit stops
twenty two; save the strawberry blonde
twenty three; field meetings
twenty four; lydia protection plan
twenty five; J 37
AN
twenty six; nightclubs and armani
twenty seven; beer and men
twenty eight; ex's and hope
twenty nine; its just a start
thirty; an unexpected visit
thirty one; in a van?
thirty two; escape
thirty three; caught
thirty four; get out
thirty five; lizard librarian
thirty six; start healing

four; uninvited

16K 461 41
By blankissues

I crouch down next to the two boys behind the tomb stone as I watch the group of people ahead of me. I try to ignore their wide eyes, but Stiles's voice catches my attention. "Wait, what're you doing here?"

I sigh and lean against the side of Scott tiredly, "I came for the show, as I'm guessing you guys did. In reality, I should probably be napping, but you know me, can't miss the family drama."

Scott lightly grabs my arm and I look down at his hand before looking up to the both of them, "Weren't you invited to the funeral?"

I ignore the slight burning in my eyes and cover it up with a laugh, "Yeah, right. You honestly think my dad wants me there? He hasn't look at me once since that night. I can't be anywhere around family. I'm just hoping he hasn't spilled my secret because otherwise I've got a rude awakening coming."

I look back to the people in front of me and feel my eyebrows cross in confusion. I catch sight of the same kid from earlier in the school hallway. I watch as he raises his camera to snap a picture, but an older man reaches out to stop him.

"Are you okay?" I turn to face Scott and Stiles again and this time I really focus on them. Both of their eyes are filled with concern as they watch me.

I shrug and give them a forced smirk, "You think I'm gonna let him hurt my feelings? Please, I'm stronger than that."

Except I'm not.

Every day that he avoids my gaze, or immediately leaves a room the second I enter, slowly breaks my heart further and further. Although, the one skill I have mastered over time is to hide my feels better than anything, I can't lie to myself. I know the truth.

Stiles looks away from me and back to the funeral in front of us, "Who the hell is that?"

I follow his gaze and I realize he's talking about the other man who had taken that kid, Matt's, camera. I stare at him intensely trying to match a name to his face, but I come up with nothing.

"He's definitely an Argent." I nod agreeing with him.

An Argent for sure.

Stiles sighs hopefully, "Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral. I mean-what if they're the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents. It's possible, right?" He looks to Scott before turning his head to look at me. "Is that possible?"

I slowly shake my head doubtfully, "I don't know. I haven't really met anyone from outside of my immediate family since I was little."

Scott continues to stare ahead before speaking, "I know what they are. They're reinforcements."

☾      ☾       ☾

I close the math textbook in front of me with a heavy sigh. Math homework will one day be the death of me. I lean my elbows against my desk and slowly rub my eyes, trying to remove the sleepiness from them. I glance over at my welcoming bed and stand to lay down before a knock on my door stops me. My heart skips a beat in my chest and I freeze. I move forward and slowly open the door.

"We need to talk. Now." I stare at my dad as he stands completely still in front of me. I notice his eyes are attached to the floor and they don't move as I continue to stand still. I don't step back, or open the door further, I just stand my ground and wait for him to meet my eyes.

He doesn't.

I let a scoff and feel my face twist in anger, "How are we supposed to talk when you can't even look at me?" I cringe as I hear my voice break lightly. I blink away the slight wetness in my eyes, but I don't let him see my pain. His eyes still stay distracted as he crosses his arms over his chest. I roll my own eyes and move to close my door, "You can't even look your own daughter in the eyes."

I jump slightly when he puts his hand on my door and stops it from closing. Now, I have his attention.

I wish I didn't.

His eyes seem darker than they did days ago. He's staring right at me, giving me what I've been asking for. His face in emotionless, but as I stare into his eyes I see it. The slightest bit of disgust. And disappointment.

He steps forward and I step away from him before crossing my own arms over my chest, "What do you want me to say? That I'm okay with what happened? I'm not, Abigail. I don't know if I ever will be. Your grandfather is here, I haven't told him about your new friends or that you're..."

I feel my breathing begin to grow faster at his words and each one feeling like a knife in my chest. I do what I do best and channel my sadness into anger, "Do you want me to say thank you? For what? Protecting your daughter? Isn't that what you're supposed to do?" I glare at him and again his eyes have fallen to the floor and they stay there. I slowly shake my head and let my breath fall from my lips slowly, "I get it. Stay clear of the family, keep my secret, and make sure I don't screw everything up. I got it. Now, get out."

He sighs and without glancing at me once more he moves to the door. I watch as he leaves, but before the door completely shuts, he hesitates. I hold my breath waiting for something, anything, but nothing ever comes. The door clicks shut and with the sound I fall back onto my bed. I let out the air I hold been holding in and with the loneliness comes the tears. I angrily wipe them from cheeks, mad that I let him make me feel this way.

I put my hand over my mouth to muffle the sound of my own sadness. I try to calm my breathing, but it seems to be in control of itself.

I stand and run my hands repeatedly through my hair.

I can't be here.

As if in a trance, I move towards my window and pull it open. I stare at the darkness outside before lifting myself out of the window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 685 16
Beacon Hills is still overrun with monsters. The pack lines have been drawn. And Cody is still trying to find her place among all the chaos. With al...
91.5K 2.1K 26
Leila Santiago-McCall is back! After defeating the alpha and knowing the truth about who killed her family, Leila thought that things would finally r...
7.7K 347 116
[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |||COMPLETED||| They will say that anger...
596K 11.9K 31
Season 4 (Book 2) Chelsea Argent has been through it all. Ever since her dad left, she has been living with Scott and Melissa McCall. The death of he...