Beautifully Linked - A MaNan...

By MagicalStarrySky

A story on two young, wild and impulsive souls, who are irrevocably bound to each other, come what may. The b... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Our little world
Chapter 2 - Leaving him
Chapter 3 - Patching Up
Chapter 4 - The Good-bye
Chapter 5 - Wishes coming true?
Chapter 6 - The 'hottie'
Chapter 7 - Sharing a dreamland
Chapter 9 - Hot Chocolate

Chapter 8 - Escaping reality

2.8K 453 112
By MagicalStarrySky

The sun rays shone down on me and I had to cover my face with my palm to protect myself from them. My body felt stiff all over yet I had the best sleep in so many days. I opened my eyes to see Manik staring up at me, his almond shaped eyes gazing in awe, his head still on my shoulder and arms wrapped around me. His eyes looked lighter under the brightness and his flawless skin glowing was almost enviable.

Wonder how much time has he been simply staring like this. The edges of my lips curled up into a smile and I blushed a little.. He had always told me found it fascinating to watch me sleep and to see him staring at me wordlessly like this made me feel shy all of a sudden. ''Umm.. Good morning Mr Malhotra..?''

His eyes narrowed a little at first and then he immediately sprang back ''Wait.. You're real?!''

''Huh?'' I had no better response as I watched him breath heavily, as if he had just seen a ghost.

''Why were you touching me?'' He accused, crossing his arms over his chest and behaving almost like a bashful Bollywood heroine waking up next to the hero after a drunk night and panicking about her chastity being probably exploited.

''Firstly, I was just trying to take you back into the bedroom because you fell asleep here last night, and secondly, it was you holding me so tight..I couldn't even move.'' I countered, glaring back at him.

''... and Tara?'' He asked, this time his tone full of concern ''Don't tell me you left her alone in the bedroom..''

The colour on my face surely drained out because Manik's expression looked at me forebodingly ''The bed there is so high Nandini.. How could you?''

''I...I never knew I would end up sleeping somewhere else all night.'' I pushed away my shawl and could feel Manik's footsteps behind me as I ran upto the bedroom, faintly aware of some movement in the house as people began waking up.

''Tara!'' Manik exclaimed and in a moment overtook me, pulling Tara into his arms. She had been balancing precariously on the edge of the bed, trying to get down and Manik had saved her in the nick of time.

''Daddy.. whel wel you? I wash alone.. Mummy wash also not thel..'' She sobbed, wrapping her arms around his neck. ''Sshh.. Sorry baby, I'm here now. Daddy is very bad.. Won't leave you alone again.''

He gave me a pointed look, and I knew he was seething in anger but didn't want to express it in front of Tara. One minute more and she would have a nasty fall.

''Tara baby.. I'm here..Come lets go and do brushie?'' I held out my arms remorsefully, wanting to feel my baby and assure myself she was okay.

''Its okay.. I'll do it.'' Manik cut me off and walked off with our daughter, leaving me feeling awful about myself.

---------------

~How to stop time : kiss.~

''Kya naam hai unka?''

''Kiska?'' I looked around and then back at the lady applying mehendi on my hands, confused for a moment whether she was actually talking to me or not.

She laughed and then nodded towards Tara, who sat beside me, toying with my phone ''Iske papa? Naam nahi likhun unka haath pe?''

I didn't particularly feel like saying yes. The entire day Mr Manik Malhotra had kept Tara with himself and stayed away from me, tending to her needs all by himself and making me feel deprived. Thankfully, Cabir wanted him to leave house for an errand he couldn't attend to himself being the groom and asked him to leave Tara behind. Manik had no other choice but to comply to his best friend's demand. The Mehndi cum Sangeet night had started in full swing, with Navya's hands and feet being decorated with the paste first. She had been the picture of happiness and beauty in her pink lehenga paired with handmade flower jewelry. It was only after she was done that all of us guests also began getting our palms adorned.

''His name is Manik.''

I jerked back to reality listening to Mukti's voice behind me. The mehendi lady nodded and got back to work, hiding the name amidst the intricate design on my palm. Mukti plopped down beside me and raised her eyebrows ''Kahan ghum ho? The lady had been waiting for your reply since forever.. All good?''

''Haan.. I was just wondering..''

''If Manik's back?'' She cut me off and winked. I rolled my eyes and tried turning the tables on her ''No. I was actually thinking of my annoying little sister and when she will be getting hitched to Mr 'lover boy' Harshad..''

Mukti's smile faded almost immediately and I could sense that this subject was a sensitive one. She looked away, biting her lip and trying to maintain her cool.

''Mukti..?'' I gently probed, wishing my hands weren't busy so I could hold her and comfort her.

''Rishta pakka hogaya tha.. Dad called it off..'' she finally broke down, fat tears rolling down her cheeks and onto her churidaar.

''Kya?!'' I gasped.
Rajiv Uncle had been against Manik at the time I had gotten into the relationship because he believed Manik was a criminal, but it was completely absurd that he was against the proper good boy Harshad too.

''Harshad lost his job recently. And he instantly went into depression.. He had been using his salary to help treat his sick sister; the only family he has.. All his savings are going there now and he's slowly losing everything..'' Mukti's broken voice made my heart ache. I knew Harshad had had a pretty decent and stable job at a banking company and that he had been using the money to treat his sick sister who was admitted in a hospital for the mentally challenged. I wasn't mad that she hadn't told me this whole story on the phone because it had been definitely very hard for her to get through all of it.

''I know dad is not entirely at fault.. he just cares about my future, but to see Harshad going through so much, yet putting up a smile for my sake is so heartbreaking..'' She sobbed once more and I blinked back my own tears.

''Aunty..Why you clying? Big girls don't cly..'' Tara had noticed her aunt crying and putting the phone aside, had come to wipe her tears with her little palms and give her a tight hug.

Mukti wrapped her arms around Tara and gave a little grateful smile amidst the tears.

''Mukti..'' I gently spoke ''Uncle ne shaadi todi hai, relationship nahi na? Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Harshad will find a new job very soon..''

Mukti placed Tara on her lap and nodded.
''All of us will help him look for the job. And I'll ask Manik to help him with his sister's treatment expenses..''

''No Nandz. I know Harshad very well.. he won't ever accept anyone else's money even for the time being. I tried helping him with my money several times but he never took any from me. His self esteem is too dear to him.. Infact, I'm pretty sure he won't ever forgive me if he comes to know I told you all this..'' I could see from her face she was immediately regretting opening up.

''Don't worry.. I won't let anyone know..'' I whispered assuringly ''Aur tumhe pata hai na tumhe kya karna hai until he finds a job?''

Mukti's expression had relaxed but her eyebrows shot up questioningly. ''Don't cry infront of him.. Smile and give him support and strength.. Don't let depression drag him down.''

She took a deep breath and nodded ''Thanks Nandz.. I will..'' She kissed me on my cheek ''I love you.'' I smiled, proud of my little sister for being so strong.

''And me..?'' Tara poked Mukti's arm, which made her burst into laughter.

''You most meri jaan!!'' Mukti picked her up and placed a dozen kisses all over her face ''Chalo let's go dance.. Nandz, you can join once you're done too..''

I shouted ''Take care..'' but it had drowned amidst the beats of the Dholak being played by some ladies as she rushed away. I shook my head and laughed.

People had begun dancing and the whole atmosphere looked as merry as it could get.. The decor done up in shades of hot pink, yellow and orange uplifted the entire night vibe and set the mood. On one side, girls clicked endless number of pictures in marigold strung cycle rickshaws while some men hogged on chaat and gol-gappe on the other side. The center stage buzzed with naach-gaana and the sound of carefree laughter.

''Madam.. hogaya. Bas thoda sambhalna.. sukha nahi hai..'' I looked back at my mehendi and couldn't help grinning at the beautiful design and the name hidden there ''Thanks!''

I got up with some difficulty, trying not to trip over my lehenga skirt. I spotted Mukti and Tara dancing with Navya and Cabir in the center stage.. and then at the far end, Navya's cousins huddled around someone. If I could, I would have balled my fists because of the weirdly possessive feeling descending on me.. but I took the alternative and marched right up to the little gathering. I stood on my tiptoes and peered over one of the girl's shoulders but Manik's back was turned to me.

''Please gaao na jiju.. Please please..'' Shalini was trying to push a mic in Manik's hand. I calmed a bit. Atleast, they were calling him jiju.

''I've just come.. Thoda araam toh kar loon..'' He sounded uncomfortable with the persuading throb of girls and that made me smirk.

''Nandini di aagayi.. Di, bolo na jiju ko..'' Rini spotted me and Manik instantly turned around. He seemed relieved to see me and began gesturing for me to help him escape the situation. As if.

''Switch on the mic and hold it for me please ..'' I nodded towards the mic Shalini held. They looked confused but complied.

''Attention everyone!!'' I announced and everyone paused with their music and chatting to look at me ''It is one day to a new turn in Cabir and Navya's life, and to celebrate this lovely occassion, we will have someone singing a song specially dedicated to them. Yes, you heard it right, Manik Malhotra here will be singing for them.. So please give it up for him!!'' The crowd hooted and cheered and I turned to look at Manik, who seemed to be ready to eat me alive.

''Kya huwa? Prepared nahi ho?'' I whispered naughtily, making a pretend concerned face.

He glared harder and then in one step, covered the distance between us ''You should have known by now Nandini darling, Manik Malhotra is never unprepared.'' His glare had turned into a sexy smirk as he grabbed the mic.

I bit my lip, looking at my feet so that people wouldn't notice how red my cheeks had become. Apart from wanting to irritate Manik, I was also missing him singing a lot and I couldn't wait to hear his voice again.

Har pal meriyaan yadaan
Yadaan vich ae tu
Dil di gal main dassa
Te dassa phir kinnu

People gave way for Navya and Cabir so they could perform a couple dance to the beats of this romantic yet peppy number. Like he had stated, Manik was never unprepared. There was undeniable charm and effect in his voice, most of all on me.

Teri meri, meri teri ik jind'di
Ik jind'di what to do
Jhoomu main naachun main gaaun ki likhun
Tere liye main kya karun

Manik was now looking at me as he sang and my heart skipped a beat, noticing the ever-passionate look back in his eyes.. the look which was reserved for me. People had begun moving along to the tunes and the stage was getting crowded again.

Dheere dheere se meri zindagi mein aana..
Dheere dheere se dil ko churana
Tumse pyaar hume hai kitna jaane jaana..
Tumse mil kar tumko hai batana

Manik kept the mic aside and let the people playing the instruments take over. He looked at me and I knew he would rush towards me to take revenge for what I had done, and so I ran as fast as I could manage. In a minute I had reached the deserted side of the villa.
All the excitement made my throat feel parched and I stopped to catch my breath.

I almost screamed feeling a pair of cool fingers sliding up my arms despite having heard no footsteps behind me. I turned around to see a smirking Manik. He had a glass of cool water in his hand. He always knew what I needed. I couldn't take the glass from him because of my mehendi, and so just offered him my best innocent child expression, showing him my hands. He smirked a little as if knowing this was to come and then held the glass to my lips. I opened my mouth and let him help me drink. Once I was done, he placed on a platform next to us and before I could move had pulled me by my upper arm completely onto his own body.

I couldn't even push him away because of my tattooed state and he definitely enjoyed my helplessness.

''Kya hai?''

''So you thought you could take revenge from me hmm?'' I looked away but he tightened his hold and I had to look back into his eyes as I winced because of his tight grasp. ''Bhool gayi, I know only to win..''. Sometimes, I really didn't understand him. One moment, he was taking care of me and the next, he was back to being a jerk.

''Mr Malhotra, aapko kaisa lagta if I kept your daughter away from you?'' I countered.

''Isn't that what you were doing when you ran back to India with my daughter, leaving me alone. Heck, you even betrayed me to meet your Uncle..''

''Manik, please. Why can't you just let bygones be bygones and patch up with Uncle? And let me tell you, if you know only to win.. I'm no less. I know how to get my way.'' I tried making myself sound as fierce as possible, though conditions were against me at the moment. Manik seemed to realise the same and smiled at my fierce expression ''Right. The Wild cat knows to get her way.. Why don't you try escaping my grasp then?''

I twisted around in his arms, trying to use my elbows to get him off me but nothing seemed to be moving this rock of a man. I paused and looked at his smug face for one moment and then bit him right in the crook of his neck.

''Aaahhhh..'' he screamed and his grip instantly loosened. I smiled and moved a few steps backward but before I could get away, he had pulled me back by my bare waist with even greater force. I was completely moulded into him once again.. One look into his eyes and I knew there was no dodging now. I had turned him on with that bite and had to bear the consequences.

Unadmittedly, I wanted it too.

He dipped his head closer and without warning, pressed his lips onto mine with the entire force he could manage and tried taking his revenge by sucking all the colour off my lips. I couldn't match his ferocity but I responded with as much vigour as I could too. I was kissing him after ages after all. Apparently even this proximity was not enough for him.. he left my waist and buried his fingers in my hair, deepening the kiss as he pushed his tongue into my mouth. The wildness of the kiss only increased and I closed my eyes to let the sensations run through me. I had missed this passion so much.. a soft kiss wouldn't have sufficed today anyways.

We broke apart for a moment, trying to catch our breaths.. But before I could open my eyes, his lips were yet again capturing mine. This was our escape from reality.

The sound of footsteps and fabric came without warning. Manik left me immediately and I backed away, trying to regain composure. He too seemed a little disoriented as he brushed back his hair with a hand, still recovering from the rush of emotions because of the kiss.

I moved infront of the counter, looking for who it was.

''Mummy? Daddy?'' It was my baby in her pink frock who had just stepped in. ''Oh, Tara!!'' I exclaimed, moving towards her, expecting Mukti who had been with her would also join.

''Evely thing go round..'' She stated, and it was only then I noticed she seemed extremely drowsy. Her little feet shook and her pupils looked dilated.

''Tara, NO!!!'' I screamed and in a minute caught her.

''Manik, see what happened!!'' I shouted, crying at the sight of my baby who had shut her eyes now and lay limp on me. I didn't necessarily have shouted because Manik scooped her up from my lap into his arms, his colour draining fast and began rushing away. I was about to get up too when something fell from Tara's balled up fist and I caught it.

It was a half-eaten chocolate. My first instinct was to smell it. As soon as I did, I felt a thunderbolt of realisation hit me. She had been drugged.

-----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 2.7K 33
From I Don't Care About Her to 'SHE IS MINE' Manik Malhotra the only son of Malhotras...
553K 37.1K 195
Discover d crazy journey of MaNan aka Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy #02 in fanfiction on 20/12/17 #23 in fanfiction on 26/02/18 #21 in fanfiction...
26K 1.1K 57
She is like crystal clear water. He is like a rock-solid mountain. She is naïve and innocent; loves to love and to be loved. For him, love is inconst...
10.4K 850 21
ek crazy Love story .... ek crazy couple.... different from each other yet similar...