ꪮꪑ𝓲ꪀꪮꪊ𝘴

By Lava98

"She has no heartbeat," Superman says. "That's because she's dead," Batman says. "But she's also alive." "How... More

Description
Discovery
Not Really A Home
Ghost Twins
Mr. Twister
Campfire Stories
Santa Prisca
Amazo
New Teammate
Atlantis
School
Plants Everywhere
Training Simulation
Sick?
Halloween Dance
Team Bonding
Siblings
The Daring Dangers
Kittens (Part 1 of 2)
Kittens (Part 2 of 2)
Snow, Initiation, and Nightmares!
Secrets Revealed
Final Showdown
1.) Extra: Parent Interrogation and Remi's Girlfriend
2.) Extra: Beast Boy
3.) Initiation: Lieutenant and Sergeant Marvel
4.) Initiation: Aquagirl and Tempest
5.) Extra: Clark's Work and Meeting the Kents
6.) Extra: Son of Hades

Where'd All the Adults Go?

933 48 4
By Lava98

Megan, Conner, Spook, and Phantom went on a shopping trip before school for Batman as he was creating something top secret. They arrive back at the cave to be greeted by Batman, Kaldur, Red Tornado, Wally, and Zatara. Megan lands the bioship and they begin unloading all the boxes.

"Did you get everything?" Batman asks.

"Everything on your list, Batman," Megan says, telekinetically floating two boxes out of the bioship. "Plus groceries." She places them down once outside.

"Cookie fixins?" Wally asks, speeding up to a box.

"Snickerdoodles!" Megan cheers.

"Babe, you rock my world," Wally smirks.

"I wish I could still be alive to taste food," Greta whispers, remaining invisible to hide from Batman and the other Justice League members.

She's remained hidden for a few days now even from Wally, Robin, and Kaldur. Spook and Phantom give her a harsh glare, insinuating to get out before someone hears as Artemis and Zatanna enter the hangar from the elevator. She gives a silent yip as she disappears to another place in the cave. Spook and Phantom return to deal with their cargo they unloaded. A sudden crash is heard and they all turn to the source to see one of the food boxes crashed to the floor. The three adults gone.

"Dad!" Zatanna shouts.

"W-where'd they go?!" Greta shouts, appearing in thin air.

"Who are you and what did you do to Batman, Red Tornado, and Zatara!" Wally shouts at the new ghost girl, lunging at her and phasing right through her. He turns back confused.

"Wally, it's okay!" Spook confesses. "She's a ghost, like us."

"And you did not care to tell the rest of us?" Kaldur asks.

"Actually, most of us knew," Artemis says.

"It was just Robin, Wally, and you," Zatanna says.

"Sorry," Spook and Phantom apologize.

"We will talk of this later," Kaldur says. "Right now we must take care of the situation at hand."

"Agreed," Robin says, entering through the elevator.

"Robin and Zatanna stay here and handle the situation from the mission room. Everyone else, head out. Get your comms and go," Kaldur says, taking command. "I will try to find a way to Atlantis to help them."

Everyone heads out the cave to Happy Harbor to help anyone that needs help. Everyone eventually agreeing to gather the children at Happy Harbor High School in the gym. The comms buzz back and forth, keeping the team updated with each other.

"We've set a refugee center at the high school gym. Any luck with–" Wally asks but is cut off.

"No! Can't reach the Batcave, the Hall of Justice, or the Watch Tower, or any adult hero, even Red Arrow," Robin huffs.

"Guess we're on our own. Kid Flash, out."

Spook and Phantom are in their hero outfits entertaining the kids with their powers.

"Again! Again!" they squeal, wanting to be flown through the air again.

"Maybe later," Spook says, spotting Wally and Megan enter the gym, heading up to Artemis who's entertaining the kids by messing up songs. They leave the kids and head over to them.

"Did you call home?" Artemis asks.

"No answer," Wally says sadly.

"You could zeta over there," Artemis says.

"I've been collecting kids all day. I don't need to see another empty house," Wally sighs.

The doors open again and Conner comes walking in, covered in kids. "Got three more."

"Kid Flash, Phantom, Spook, Conner, return to the cave," Kaldur says, through the comms.

They give Artemis and Megan a farewell before they zeta off to the cave.

"What do you need?" Spook asks.

"We're going to make a broadcast all over the world," Robin says. "We wanted you to help translate whatever you can. I'll translate whatever you three can't."

"Sounds good," Phantom says.

Robin sets up the tech to record the six of them and hacks into all the satellite systems.

"Attention, children and teenagers of Earth. I am Aqualad. These are my friends, Robin, Spook, Phantom, Superboy, and Kid Flash."

"We are using Justice League's tech to cast and stream to every TV, radio, computer, and smartphone on the planet," Robin says.

"We know you must be scared and angry," KF says. "We know with your parents missing, there's a temptation to run wild.

"But, please, stay calm," Spook says. "We will find a way to bring the adults back, but for now, the oldest among you must step up."

"Take care of your younger siblings," Phantom says, wrapping an arm around Spook. "Take care of kids who have no one."

"Protect them," KF says.

"It is up to you," Aqualad says. "No matter the risk! Please help in any way you can."

"We are going to try our hardest to bring the adults back," Spook says. "We promise you that."

Aqualad then translates it to Atlantean. Spook, Phantom, Superboy, and Robin translate whatever is left. After a while, Aqualad has Megan return to the cave, leaving Artemis to handle the children. Robin brings up a holographic map for Zatanna after everyone groups together in the mission room. Zatanna walks up to the holographic map and recites a spell her father did to reveal the location of this madness.

"Coordinates locked. Roanoke Island!" Robin says. "You did it."

Aqualad calls in Artemis so they can all get ready to go. Artemis arrives and they all go over the plan. Suddenly a bright flash lights up the room and a boy appears.

"It works!" the boy exclaims.

Everyone walks up towards him quickly.

"Where did you come from? Who are you?" Aqualad asks, threateningly.

"Quick, read my mind!" he says.

Megan does as told and a shocked expression appears on her face with a gasp. "He's Captain Marvel!"

"Yeah, and I'm Speedy Gonzales," KF scoffs. "Look, just because he believes he's Cap–"

"Gee, Wally, do I really have to bring you nachos and pineapple juice to get on your good side?" the boy says with a smirk.

The shocked team looks at each other. Spook begins to laugh.

"Well, this was totally unexpected," she says through giggles. "But it does make a lot more sense."

Greta appears in the room in giggles as well. "He's so little."

"Who is that?" Kid Marvel asks.

"Our protégé," Spook says, referring to her brother and herself.

"Weird."

"You can communicate between both worlds?" Aqualad asks.

"I can," Kid Marvel says.

That's when the communications between the team and the adults begin to coordinate an attack.

"This is by far the weirdest thing that I've ever witnessed, and I'm a superpowered ghost," Spook admits, watching the boy teleport between worlds.

They load up the bioship and head on their way to Roanoke Island. Arriving at the island, they discover Klarion the Witch Boy is the center of all this trouble. Robin and Artemis drop down a little ways behind Klarion. Robin throws his birdarangs and Artemis shoots a few arrows. Klarion senses them coming and puts up a shield to block them.

"That's the best you can do?" Klarion taunts, aiming a red lightning bolt to the two. KF, Aqualad, and Superboy all run towards the magic circle, only to be bounced back by the force field Klarion summons around it. Zatanna tries to destroy it with a spell, but it only does nothing to the force field. Klarion scoffs. "Baby magic."

He recites a spell that ends up blasting Zatanna backwards just to be caught by Superboy. Miss Martian summons big boulders and throws them against the force field, causing Klarion to basically use flamethrower at her like he's some kind of Pokémon. She yelps and moves out of the way before being hit.

"The cat," Spook whispers.

Phantom and Spook aim their repulsors at the cat, only to have Klarion cover it with a force field.

Klarion laughs. "Show 'em what a familiar to a Lord of Chaos can do, Teekl." After that Teekl begins to grow and grow and grow, turning into a giant cat five times the size of Wolf. Superboy goes to attack him, only to be smacked away. Sparks begin to form from the gem in the middle of the magic circle. "So, you teamed up with the grown-ups? Teamwork is so overrated."

The lightning coming from the gem is redirected at the team, hitting and knocking out Robin and Artemis.

Zatanna rushes up to them. "Artemis! Robin!"

The lightning consumes Aqualad as he can't take anymore. KF is blasted to the side. The twins phase through every bolt while continuously blasting at the shield with a combination of ice, fire, and ectoblasts. They eventually switch to just ectoblasts, seeing how it's slowly deteriorating the force field.

'We need to get the gem in the middle!' Spook shouts through the mind link. 'I think that's what is causing all this!'

"It's the jewel!" Billy shouts, appearing out of nowhere.

'Don't shout, Billy,' Miss Martian says. 'I've linked you telepathically to the others.'

'That is so cool! I mean it's the gem! At the center of the pentagram! Destroy it and we win!' Billy says.

"Zatanna!" Aqualad shouts, noticing the girl pick up Fate's helmet.

"Stop!" KF shouts.

Zatanna places the helmet on her head before anyone can do anything. She's enveloped in white light, reappearing in Fate's costume and flying up above with Fate's symbol glowing behind her. "Klarion! This ends now!" Fate's voice appears through Zatanna's.

'Billy, tell Zatara!' Spook says.

"Right, yeah. Shazam!" he disappears in a lightning bolt.

"I have an idea, cover me," Spook says, disappearing into the ground.

Aqualad, Megan, Phantom, and Nabu attack the force field. Nabu begins to fade to Zatanna then returns back to Nabu.

"Ha! There, see? When the world's divided, the helmet split too," Klarion bellows. "You're not all here, Nabu! And you are losing hold of that poor, soon-to-be-dead girl! She gave herself for nothing."

"No, Witch Boy! Her degree of sacrifice will not be in vain!" Fate shouts, summoning up a strong amount of power.

Spook appears in the circle, grabbing the jewel and flying up to Fate.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! No!" Klarion shouts, stomping his feet like a child. Nabu traps him in a symbol of his power.

"Here, Nabu," Spook says, tossing the gem to Fate.

Nabu chants words backward and a bright light envelopes the area from the magical jewel, causing the adults to return.

Klarion shrugs. "They sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to. Oh, well!" he says, snapping his fingers and making the symbol around him disappear. He stands up and brushes himself off. "Fun as it lasted. Teekl!" Said cat gets off of Superboy and turns back to his normal size while running to Klarion. Teekl jumps into Klarion's arms and he snaps his fingers, creating a red portal behind him. "See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!" He laughs as he disappears within the portal.

"Aren't you gonna stop him?" KF asks, speeding to a stop in front of the floating Nabu.

"To what end? Klarion is Chaos personified. He cannot be contained," Fate responds rather annoyed.

"Did we win?" Robin groans, finally awake along with Artemis.

"At a cost," Aqualad says, looking to Fate.

"Fate!" Zatara angrily shouts. "Great Nabu, release my daughter."

"No," he growls after a few moments. "Hear what the helmet wants in these last hours. The world needs Doctor Fate. And the girl's natural affinities for the mystic arts make her the perfect candidate."

"You can't do that!" Artemis shouts.

"She has her own life to live!" Robin shouts.

"Kent would never allow you–" KF huffs but is cut off.

"Kent Nelson did object, strenuously, so I released his spirit to the afterlife. He is gone," Nabu says.

Everyone looks at each other, trying to decide what to do.

"Take me, instead," Zatara says, walking forward. "My skills are already at their peak. My body is physically stronger, better able to withstand the strength of your power."

"All true," Fate admits. "But if I remove the helmet, what guarantee have I that you will do it?"

"My word," Zatara says then chants some words backwards.

Fate comes down from the sky and lands in front of Zatara, taking the helmet off after landing.

"Dad!" Zatanna says happily, giving him a hug.

He returns the hug. "Zatanna!" They hold each other for a few seconds before he holds her back to look in her eyes. "Remember... I love you." He kisses her forehead, taking the helmet, and turns to the Justice League. "Take care of my girl."

"You have my word," Batman responds.

Zatara lifts the helmet up above his head.

"No, please!" Zatanna shouts and Robin immediately goes to her side. "This is my fault!" She shrugs off Robin's hand. "Dad, don't! Dad!"

Light surrounds Zatara as the helmet is completely on his head, revealing him to be in the gold suit. "Leave these to the Fate." He immediately lifts the four adult magic users and takes them away.

Zatanna falls to her knees once Fate's gone and KF, Artemis, and Robin go straight to her aid.

Batman walks up behind the ghost twins. "I've been informed that we have another ghost on this team?"

The twins immediately send a glare in Captain Marvel's direction, causing said hero to whistle as if he has no clue.

"She isn't exactly on the team, per say..." Spook answers. "At least not yet. We need to train her first."

"We gave her another chance with our powers," Phantom says.

"She's a little different than us though," Spook says.

"Different how?" Batman asks.

"She was already dead so she doesn't need to eat, sleep, or need to use toiletries," Spook says. "Like we do."

Batman raises an eyebrow. "You need to use toiletries?"

"Yeah, we find it weird too," Phantom shrugs.

"You brought her into the cave without permission," Batman scolds. The twins lower their heads as Batman mentally sighs. "She can stay as long as you two train her appropriately and make sure she doesn't cause any trouble."

They both look up to Batman in surprise and engulf him in a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" They let him go after they realize they're hugging Batman. "Uh, sorry."

"You should head home," Batman says. "It's been a long few days."

"Agreed," Kaldur says.

~~~

The next day is Sunday, the day where Zatanna moves into the cave. Spook, Robin, Phantom, Artemis, and Megan help her with her boxes.

"My room is right next door. If you need anything," Megan says.

"Thanks," Zatanna sighs. "I, uh, could use a little alone time, okay?"

"Of course," Artemis says, leaving the room. The others follow, Robin being the last just to turn around and give her a sympathetic look before leaving too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 76 46
Saeko was a shy but out going girl, she was friendly to almost everyone when she was little but there was something behind her smile and laughter. ((...
45.5K 1.4K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...
63.3K 922 20
(I own nothing all rights go to Dolphinheart99 I just rewrite it so I could read it on Wattpad. The person who wrote this is Dolphinheart99 on FanFic...
50.6K 1.5K 13
The hero world is full of long patrols, sleepless nights, and work that lasts far into the evening. It's no wonder the Justice League had become coff...