Our Second Chance (Dramione)

Por mischief_managed137

It started with a world where Voldemort won the war. Hermione realizes that she must pose as someone else at... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1 A New World
Chapter 2 Pansy Parkinson
Chapter 3 The Warning
Chapter 4 On My Own
Chapter 5 Fight or Flight
Chapter 6 Our Last Hope
Chapter 7 The Darkness Within
Chapter 8 Buried in Lies
Chapter 9 Memories
Chapter 10 Unbreakable Vow
Chapter 11 Christmas Tears
Chapter 12 The Solution
Chapter 13 A Twist in Time
Chapter 14 The Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 15 Lion Hearted Girl
Chapter 16 A Choice is Made
Chapter 17 Azkaban Sentence
Chapter 18 Return to Hogwarts
Chapter 19 So Much Has Changed
Chapter 20 An Accident, I Swear
Chapter 22 Fixing My Mistakes
Chapter 23 Protective
Chapter 24 Birthday Surprises
Chapter 25 Dress Mess
Chapter 26 Same Old Mistakes
Chapter 27 My Little Otter
Chapter 28 Mystery Girl
Chapter 29 Ten Points to Ravenclaw
Chapter 30 New World, New Ways
Chapter 31 Pansy or Hermione?
Chapter 32 The Right Decision
Chapter 33 Nothing Is Ever Lost
Chapter 34 Hogsmeade Date
Chapter 35 Changing the Future
Epilogue
UPDATE PLEASE READ AND RESPOND
Final update!

Chapter 21 A Quidditch Mistake

3.6K 134 28
Por mischief_managed137

  Hermione glared at the broken object in front of her. Draco's broom. She spun her wand around in her hand and circled around the broom as it laid on her trunk. "Well, what am I going to do with you?" She was surrounded by books on Quidditch and broomsticks; trying to find a spell that would repair it for good, but like wands, some brooms were different from others.

  "Hermione!", she heard from the other side of the dormitory door. She gave Ginny the password to the common room. She didn't care what Draco thought of it. The broom was carefully yet quickly wrapped up and placed back into her special hiding place before she opened the door. "They're heading to Hogsmeade right now. Better hurry up before they leave without you."

                                         ***

  Hermione held the round object in her hand. "You actually brought this?", she asked Ginny. It was the same item that Ron gave to Harry back in third year. A Sneakoscope. She got it from Dervish and Banges, and made sure that it actually worked. It was a round ball with a small track that went around on the inside, and a small ball that spun on the track. If danger was around, the ball would spin at a fast speed.

  "Thought I would. To see if it actually works." Suddenly the ball in it began to spin as they walked into the Three Broomsticks. "Maybe it's just doing that since it's new. I highly doubt there's any danger here. Unless Madam Rosmerta is ready to kill the first person who insults her drinks." She placed the object back in her bag and hoped that it would stop. "Come on. I bet Harry and Ron are already enjoying butterbeers."

  She was indeed correct. Harry and Ron were enjoying their second butterbeers and playing wizard chess. One of Harry's pieces checked Ron's queen. "Well done, Harry. You finally beat him", Hermione said sitting down.

  "Took you seven years, but you beat him", Ginny added. Harry gave both girls an annoyed glare as he heard their statements.

  "Looks like you two have enjoyed a nice trip to Dervish and Banges, Honeydukes", he said as he saw the sugar quill in Hermione's mouth. Ginny, however, was enjoying a licorice wand.

  "What can I get you?", Madam Rosmerta said as she approached the table and looked at the two girls.

  "One butterbeer and one pumpkin juice." Hermione finished her sugar quill before Rosmerta came back with their drinks.

  "So, are you ready for the Quidditch match tomorrow?", Ginny asked the two Gryffindor boys. Quidditch match tomorrow? Hermione never heard that there was a match tomorrow.

  "Oh yeah, Slytherin won't know what hit them", Ron said with a smirk. Hermione's eyes widened as she spit out her drink. "Bloody...", said Ron in disgust. "What's gotten into you?"

  "Sorry, just thought I saw a dementor." All three of them quickly turned to face the window and saw people walking around calmly in the village. Guess I was just boggled." She quickly started to pack up her things as she ran out of the pub.

  "What was that all about?", Harry asked.

  "Is she going to run all the way back to the castle?", Ron said as she watched her from the window.

  "I know one thing", Ginny said taking another sip of her pumpkin juice. Both boys looked at her curiously and waited for her to explain. "I'm not paying for her drink."

   When Hermione was passing people in the village, she spotted someone walking around in a dark cloak with their hood up. She figured that it was probably Malfoy trying to hide his bandages. She pushed the thought aside and continued to head to the castle to hopefully fix Malfoy's broken broom in time for the match tomorrow.

                                 ***

  It was hard for Hermione to fall asleep last night. Draco had a game today, and a broken broom as well. "Times like these I wish I still had my time-turner", she only had a little bit of time to figure out what to do with her situation, but an idea came to her head.

  She ran all over the castle to find Madam Hooch. Asking Professors, and even the Headmistress, but she finally found her. Hermione ran through the second floor corridors, and smiled when she saw Madam Hooch coming out of a classroom. "Professor!", she shouted and tried to get her attention. "Professor, I need your help."

"Hello, Miss Granger. I'm a little busy at the moment. There's a match in half an hour that I need to referee for."

"I just wanted to ask if you can mend a broken broom?" Madam Hooch turned to look at Hermione and saw the wrapped blanket. She quickly unwrapped it and looked at the Professor with hoping eyes. "Please tell me you can fix it."

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do. If it was a scratch then it would be different. This broom cannot be fixed..."

Hermione cut her off before she could finished her sentence. "Please. Isn't there a potion, or spell, or charm that can mend it? I'm desperate here."

"Goodbye, Miss Granger", Madam Hooch said as she turned the next corridor and left Hermione alone in the previous one. A look of sadness and defeat was etched on her face.

She raced all the way back up to the Head's common room, and attempted to catch her breath as she closed the painting behind her, but suddenly she heard Draco's door open and she dashed for her own dormitory.

Draco pulled his Slytherin Quidditch uniform out of his trunk. He didn't want to lose to Potter again, so the team had formed an even better plan. Like usual, it did involve cheating. They were Slytherins for a reason. As he finished tying the cords of the robe together over his chest to stay on, he looked up in the mirror with a slight smirk. "Still looking as handsome as ever." His ego was still through the roof, even after the war.

As he moved over to the corner of his room, he realized his broom was missing. He searched through every part of his room and realized it was no where to be seen. His blood was boiling in anger and rage as he stared at the empty corner that it was suppose to be sitting in. "GRANGER!", he shouted in fury, and stomped out of his room.

He pounded his fist against the wood door, and didn't stop until she opened it. "What is your problem?", she said in annoyance and nearly got hit in the face as he almost accidentally hit her when he realized the door had opened.

"What did you do to my broom? Mine's missing, and you're the only other person who lives in this common room. Give me my broom!" She fought the urge to widen her eyes as she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Oh, I must have accidentally switched your broom with mine. Just wait here." She closed the door before he could step inside, and moved over to her trunk. Her time was out, and she didn't know what to do.

"Reparo", she said to the broom as she closed her eyes. It was a high risk of breaking it even more, but what else did she have to lose? As Hermione re-opened her eyes, she noticed that it was all in one piece. "It's fixed", she stated in disbelief. Were her eyes deceiving her? She poked the broom to make sure that it was real.

"Granger! What's taking so long?", he said as he started to get impatient. She grabbed the broom, re-opened the door and handed it over to him. "About time", he said with an annoyed glare. Almost to check and see if she was up to something. She had a feeling that this game would be interesting.

Hermione wore as much Gryffindor stuff as she could, to show her pride for her house. All the team players were starting to head out to the Pitch, and fly up on their brooms. "Let's go, Harry!", she shouted and cupped her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice. He turned to face her, and gave her a smile.

"Here we are, another match of Gryffindor versus Slytherin!", Jordan shouted. After all these years, he's still being the Quidditch announcer. Ginny watched Draco as he flew up to the top with Harry, and gave a confused look to Hermione. "The quaffed is released, and the game begins."

Ginny caught the quaffle the minute it was thrown, and started to race through the air. Hermione clapped when her best friend scored the first goal of the game. "..and Gryffindor takes the lead of ten to zero", said Jordan; adding a point to the scoreboard.

"Make sure to catch the snitch when we are at least eighty points ahead", said Blaise as he flew near Draco.

"Got it!", he pretended to see something across the pitch and flew over to the other side as fast as he could, and hoped that Harry did the same.

Two hours into the game, Slytherin was leading 190 to 120. There were a few injured players. Draco was floating above everyone else, and watching the play very carefully. Ginny had the quaffle at the moment. As she attempted to throw it in the goal, Blaise flew up from below, and caught it before the Keeper even had a chance to move. "Stop doing that!", Ginny shouted. This was probably the sixth time he had blocked her shot like this.

He simply smiled at her as he held the quaffle in his forearm, and decided to toss it slightly in the air in a joking manor. "No can do", he said with a smirk and started to make his way toward the other goal.

Blaise was able to avoid every single person in his way until he was about ten feet from the goal. That was when Ginny came up to steal the quaffle. They ended up crashing into each other, and Blaise started to fall off his broom. "Foul on Slytherin", shouted Jordan.

Blaise's blood boiled as he heard Jordan's words. He stood up and dusted off his Quidditch robe in anger. "Are you kidding me?", he shouted with fury. His attention moved over to Ginny, who looked down at him with a slight smirk.

"Serves you right", Ginny said and flew off. Blaise grabbed his broom in anger, and noticed a sharp pain in his left arm. Looks like he was on his way to the hospital wing.

"Gryffindors", he said to himself in disgust.

Draco hated that Blaise was now out of the game. He was one of the best players on the team, and the main reason on why they were ahead. He wasn't the team captain for no reason. Theo suddenly had the quaffle in possession, and he started to race as fast as he could against Ginny.

Draco heard the ring of the goal, and knew that was his cue to go find the snitch. "Let's go, Harry!", Hermione shouted again, and Draco rolled his eyes. Both of the seeker boys spotted the snitch from different sides of the pitch.

   Hermione couldn't help but stare at Draco's broomstick. It was a miracle that it actually mended back together, and she was very thankful for magic.

Draco was ahead of Harry by a few inches, and he kept getting closer and closer to the snitch. It was practically in his hand, and a huge smile appeared on his face as he could already hear the Slytherins cheering for their victory. He was finally able to beat Potter, but suddenly he started to fall. His hand didn't close around the golden snitch fast enough as his body slammed against the hard ground. The only thing he heard after that was, "Gryffindor wins", and everything went black.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

85K 2.8K 33
Anger, revenge, and misery overtake Draco Malfoy ever since he is bitten and turned into a werewolf. After vowing to end the cruel and vicious Werewo...
19.5K 1.2K 53
After the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger was the Golden Girl who helped Harry Potter defeat Lord Voldemort. She was celebrated for her achievem...
706 45 5
"It's a date, Granger," he winked just as he disappeared under his Disillusionment Charm, leaving her in a state of elation combined with panic. Appa...
264 39 37
Romina lives with the dark legacy her family left under Voldemort's reign, including the infamous murder of the Potters. Despite already knowing Har...