Killer

By AstralShadows

A mysterious girl with a mysterious past is contacted by the king of hell himself. It was supposed to be an... More

Mysterious Girl, Deceived.
Interrogation.
Impressions.
Indulgences.
Confessions.
Finding Family.
Betrayed.
Our Bet And His Present.
Hunting Ghosts.
Coexistence.
Runaways.
No Chick Flick Moments.
Barton Hollow.
Family.
My Way Home.
Little Games.
Surprises Come In Pairs.
Crashing Down.
Conversations And Bedtime Stories.
Beauty In The Breakdown
The Truth About Purgatory.
Of Love And Pie.
About Her (Swan Song)
Family Begins With Love.
Epilogue: Honeymoon.
Author's Note.
Author's Note: Part Two!

A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.

2.3K 92 66
By AstralShadows

"You're a monster act like one,"  a voice commanded.

"I'm half monster," I retorted, "screw you."

Something hard hit my face.  My body went limp.  I was only a child at the time.  More hits followed, I was too weak to protect myself.   I curled up allowing myself to be beaten.  Apparently these demons assumed beating the crap out of me over and over would make me angry.  Well, it did.  But I never resorted to using powers like they wanted me to.  The only one out of hundreds who refused to do as they wanted.  They told me it was scary at first.  But once you start using the powers it got easier.  And most of the others ended up enjoying it.  But me, I didn't want any part of it.

"Everyone will see you as a monster.  Stop pretending you're some normal kid."

"I am not what you want me to be," my voice resonated, "I never will be. Ever."

Location Unknown
Time unknown

My body shot up as I suddenly gasped for air.  Every muscle in my body felt weak.  Immense pain resonated from shoulder.  I looked around nervously.  The memories flowed back into my head.  Miami, demons, the accident, the one demon who died, all of it.  I rubbed my forehead with a heavy sigh.

"You gonna let me finish?" Dean asked.

"Huh?" I looked over at him.  He had a small knife in his hand.  My eyes traced down my shoulder.  That's right, the one demon shot me.  That was rude of them.  I looked back to Dean, "what are you doing?"

"Trying to get a bullet out of your shoulder.  You were out so I figured I could try to remove it while you were asleep."

"You'd have better luck with me awake.  Got something to drink?"  I asked.

He handed me a bottle of cheap liquor.  I didn't look at what it was, I didn't care to know.  I drank a good portion of the bottle.  I handed back to him.  My lips twisted at the burning sensation of the liquor.  Dean smirked.

"So used to fancy stuff? Welcome to the hunter's life," he laughed.

"Just get this bullet out," I groaned.

My face winced slightly. It stung as I could feel the metal of the knife dig into my shoulder.  The tip of the knife scratched against the bullet.  The blade wedged beneath the bullet.  I could feel it slowly moving its way from the muscle it had lodged into.  With a swift movement it moved out of my body.  Dean pulled the tiny bullet from my shoulder as I felt a relief.  He handed me some gauze that I pressed against the open wound.

"How are you able to sit so calmly through that?" he asked.

"Been through worse, I guess."

"Oh."

"Hey don't feel bad for me.  I'm the monster here, right?" I  forced a smile.

"I shouldn't have said that, ____.  Sam was mad at me.  He was wrapped up in that demon blood thing."

"You mean-"

"Yeah, I know you know what that means."

"Dean, if it's any consolation, I was one out of hundreds.  Everyone else gave in.  I didn't.  Maybe it was because my mother was human.  They told me about her all the time.  How she was too weak.  That I should use these powers to strengthen myself.  But that never appealed to me.  Guess I'm a strange thing after all."

"That kind of makes me like you more."

"What?" I laughed.

"I didn't mean that."

"You're an odd one, Dean Winchester."

"You're not quite normal yourself, doll face," he laughed as he readied to close the wound with makeshift stitches.

"Don't call me doll face," I said flatly.

He laughed.  I looked over at him.  That smile melted my heart.  It was good that he didn't completely hate me. He dabbed the alcohol swab across the wound. It wasn't a moment later that the needle threaded through my skin, closing it up.  Every movement was so calculated, so delicate. I noticed the number of bandages on my body.  I had a lot of cuts from the accident itself.  I also noticed my shirt had been removed to tend to the wounds easier.

"Now Dean, you were strictly doing work, right?" I grinned.

"Oh, of course," he said looking up at me.  His eye winked playfully at me, "how are you feeling?"

"Not bad.  Actually a bit surprised."

"Why's that?"

"Last time we met you had me all tied up when I came to.  Thought you would be more concerned with the half demon thing."

"Well, you don't seem so dangerous.  You're like a superhero, or something.  Fighting that good fight."

He finished and sat back.  I looked down at the wound.  It was neatly stitched together.  My arm stretched carefully.  I went through the small bag and found a clean shirt. I pulled it on.  Dean walked into the bathroom to was his hands. He walked back over, pulled a chair over and kicked his feet on the bed.

"So, how do we know you're not gonna go crazy on us one day?" he asked before taking a swig of that cheap whiskey.

"You don't. I don't. Something might make me go crazy one day.  And then again, I might be able to live a normal life.  I've gone this far without incident."

"Not very reassuring."

"Sorry, I don't have a definitive answer for that question.  I only know I didn't want to be the thing they wanted me to be," I shrugged.

"So what can you do?"

"You mean like if I have any super secret powers?"

"Well, when you put it like that my question sounds a little absurd."

"There is one thing I am really good at," I smiled.

Before he asked what it was I was gone.  He looked around the room.  I was only gone for a moment.  I held a bottle in my hand.  Dean's eyes lit up.

"I'm good for something, promise.  And I'm not drinking that piss you call whiskey."

"It's not that bad," he replied.

"Then I'll drink this by myself."

I cracked open the bottle and took a sip.  He tried to take the bottle, but I pulled it away.  His eyes softened, like a sad puppy dog staring at me.

"Oh, those don't work on me," I laughed, closing the bottle.

"But I know something that does," he grinned.

He leaned forward, his feet falling to the ground.  His figure neared mine.  That feeling washed over my body again.  It was like I couldn't think, or act on my own.  The bed sunk under his weight.  My face flushed as I stared back at him.  His hand brushed against my arm. The bottle fell from my grasp.  Dean didn't hesitate to grab it. He grinned as he sat on the bed.

"You're trouble," I sighed, "where's Sam by the way?"

"He went out for food," Dean answered savoring the sip of the new whiskey, "this is much better."

"I am a woman of fine taste, what can I say?"

He handed the bottle back as I took a long drink.  I relaxed into the bed.  My phone buzzed in my pocket.  I sat up and gave the bottle to Dean.  My eyes widened when I saw the number.  I jumped up and slid my finger across the screen. My feet carried me to the bathroom.  The room was small, with walls like paper.  There wasn't a chance there would be any privacy to this conversation.

"Rhett," I hissed into the phone, "the hell did you get me into?"

"So you made it out of there?  I was worried.  There was an accident involving a motorcycle.  I thought it was you," he said with a breath of relief.

"Yeah, that was me."

"What happened?"

"The person you sent me to kill, hired me.  It was a setup from the start."

"How do you know that?"

"She told me.  Right before demons burst into the room and shot me.  Then I got outside where more were waiting for me."

"Wow, I am so sorry, I didn't know."

"Oh, and the best part. One of them intentionally walked into a certain knife of mine."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes.  So any agreement that may have been standing is now void.  So.  You need to wipe this job from the database."

"Already doing that.  What are you going to do?" Rhett asked.

"I gotta lay low for awhile."

"Did you get to a safe house?"

"No, I didn't have the energy."

"Where are you now?"

I poked my head out of the door.  My hand held the phone away from my head.  Dean raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, Dean, where are we?" I asked.

"New Castle, Indiana," he responded.

"You waited that long to stop? What if I died?"

"You were fine.  Don't be a drama queen."

"Ass," I said walking back into the bathroom.  The phone returned to my ear, "Guess I am in Indiana."

"Why Indiana?" his voice perked hearing my location.

"Just with some people who can keep me safe."

"What kind of people?"

"Hunters," I said as my voice tripped over the words hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Hunters?!" my hand pulled the phone away, Dean could probably hear him.

"Quiet down."

"If they find out-"

"They know."

"You do realize you sound insane."

"They are fine.  I'm fine. Don't worry about it.  I've hung out with them before."

"Oh, I know that tone of voice.  You like one of them, huh?" he joked.

"N-no way.  That's highly unprofessional.  And I would never-"

"You've already slept with the one you like, didn't you?"

"Am I that transparent?"

"I honestly do not know how there could be a shred of demon in you sometimes."

"Anyway, I am going to get some rest.  Contact me if anything happens.  I can get you out of there fast enough," I smiled.

"Hey, we're much more secure here now.  But, as usual, you know I'll call if I get in trouble."

I hung up the phone.  Rhett was usually okay.  There was only two times that I had to rush back and get him out of trouble.  That's how he found out about my tiny, little secret I kept to myself.  Since then he's made it a point to be like the older brother I never wanted.  He got really protective of me.  Even though he was pretty much useless in a fight, he was a wiz with technology.  That's why he was the behind the scenes guy of our little operation.  I set the phone on the counter.  My hand pulled the shirt down slightly.  The skin was inflamed and red. The stitches held the skin together just barely.  Dean appeared in the doorway.

"Hey, darlin' who was that?" Dean asked.

"Don't go gettin' jealous on me," I smirked.

"Whoever it was seemed pretty concerned about you."

"Dean, I'm not his type."

"You sure?"

"You're more like his type."

"Oh. Oh."

"Idiot."

"Come on, you need to get some rest."

"I'm fine."

"You were shot, stabbed and hit by a car in a matter of minutes," he stated.

"Yeah, it was a busy day."

"Busy?" he laughed.

"Hey guys," Sam interjected, "got some dinner.  How are you holding up, ____?"

"I'm good.  Starving now that you mention it.  What'd you get?"

"Uh, I wasn't sure what you ate-"

"The souls of children, lightly fried," I joked.  The two of them looked at me, half believing what I said. I spoke slower to them,  "I eat human food.  Like what you eat."

"Well, I got a burger, some chicken, and a salad," Sam said.

"I'll take the burger," Dean and I said in unison.

"No, you will take the chicken," Dean said.

"You could have the salad," Sam offered.

"No, that's yours," I answered, my voice suddenly more dramatic, "fine, Dean, you can take it.  It wasn't like I had a lot happen to me today.  I'll just take what's left over."

"Ugh."

He turned and I was nowhere to be found.  Sam shook his head as he tossed the burger to his brother.  My body reappeared in the room, catching the burger.  I stole the rest of the food with a smile.  They both looked at me before I was gone in an instant.  I threw their food out. These guys were doing me a huge favor letting me tag along, I might as well get them some real food.  I knocked on a back door of a restaurant with a familiar knock.  A tall man answered, he knew the pattern.

"What do y-" he started, "oh, ____!  Good to see you.  I know I still owe you big for what you did for me," he beamed pulling me into the restaurant.

"That's what I'm here for."

"What can I do you for?"

"I need food, proper food.  I am working with guys who eat nothing but fast food.  I was in the area and they are doing me a favor so..."

"That's it?  What do they eat?"

"One is health conscious usually gets salads. The other is mainly burgers and crap steaks.  I want to get him a Kobe steak, with the works, he eats as unhealthy as possible," I explained.

"And you?" he asked.

"I will eat whatever you make me.  Sorry to call this favor in during a dinner rush."

"Sorry?  You saved my family.  I will make you whatever, whenever.  You got me out of that-"

I held my hand up with a gentle smile, "you don't owe me, it's my job."

"____, I know there's something about you.  You're different than humans and the scary shit out there."

"How are your kids anyway?" I asked watching him start my order.

"Funny, they ask about you a lot."

"Yeah, I remember I had to stay until you got there.  They were so scared."

"But you made it easy for them to accept, how?"

"I told them I was an old friend of their father's.  Military and all that."

"Ha! You should come visit us sometime. They'd love to see you."

"I'll try.  Tell them I say hi."

"I will.  You must be busy again."

"You don't even know."

We reminisced, he told me how his kids were growing up too fast.  He showed me pictures of them.  He thanked me over and over as he packed up the food to go. He gave me a big hug and thanked me once more.  I waved my hand and reassured him it was no big deal.  I walked out the back door of the restaurant.  As soon as the door shut I disappeared.  I was back in the motel in an instant.  The bag dropped from my hand as I sighed.

"Too much traveling," I said, "I wanted to thank you both.  I called in a favor."

"For?" Dean asked.

"Well, let's see.  I have some sort of awesome salad.  I don't eat those often, but this is yours Sam," I handed him a box of food, then one to Dean, "yours is a Kobe steak with the works Dean."

"What the hell is kobe steak?"

"They feed the cows beer and good food.  They get massaged and stuff.  It's actually good, try it."

The two of them hesitated to open their boxes of food.  I sat down on the bed closest to me.  My body was shaking.  I definitely overdid it.  I watched the smile on both of their faces as they looked at their food.  They were both eager to eat the food.  It was real food, not just fast food crap.  Dean, however, looked at his food questionably.

"Dean, just try it," Sam interjected with a mouthful of his salad, "this is amazing!"

"Yeah?"

"She knows what I wanted.  Seriously, ____, this is so good."

"I am glad you like it Sam."

I looked over at Dean who was trying a bite. His eyes widened.  He must have liked it.  I smiled a bit.  They deserved much more than they allowed themselves.

"How is it, Dean?" Sam asked.

"It's so good.  You didn't have to do this, ____," he answered.

I gave a quick smile before my body fell into the bed.  I was tired, I was exhausted.  This was an overuse of my powers.   But they deserved it.  And in the upcoming days it was really the least I could do for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.9K 53
Book 2 // REVOKE - An Original SPN Story Jackie Kaiser has trained and hunted for her entire life in order to build up her reputation as the notoriou...
150K 3.5K 21
Hello I'm Gabrielle .S. Winchester but you can call me Brie. I'm a young Hunter of the supernatural. I love books, Classic rock, and Hunting. Yes. I...
2.9K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
97.2K 4K 32
It was an ordinary night of studying when you get a call from your friend. She had met two devilishly handsome men at the bar and wanted you to come...