The Magician And The Dreamer

By harryshufflepuff

Adam Parrish has known Ronan Lynch for almost three years, through their mutual friend Gansey. But what Adam... More

Chapter One - Ronan's POV
Chapter 2 - Gansey's POV
Chapter 3 - Ronan's POV
Chapter 4 - Blue's POV
Author's Note

Chapter 5 - Adam's POV

1.4K 40 12
By harryshufflepuff

(A/N: oooo an Adam POV!! sorry if this sucks but I'm trying to get a good set-up since the plot is really only their relationship and I was like that's not a plot, gotta make something the plot, so this will probably follow the books very closely. If you haven't read TRK sorry there's probably some spoilers. anyway, enjoy! - Amber)

"What?" Ronan said as Adam walked into the room.

"Cabeswater. There's something wrong, I can feel it. It's trying to get me to help." Adam explained, pacing the length of Ronan's room as Ronan sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah I noticed it when I was dreaming. It looks sick." Adam looked pointedly at Ronan. Adam could see him push something into his pocket.

"You're dreaming? Don't. Stop. You can't. What was so important you had to risk your life?" Adam got worried. What if Ronan couldn't control the terrors and they killed him? Then he stopped pacing. What if all Ronan's dreaming was what was doing this?

"It doesn't matter. And yeah, let me stop dreaming. Why don't you stop doing your magic too while we're at it." Adam looked over at Ronan to see him already glaring at him.

"Don't give me that look. What if you're what's destroying Cabeswater? Or-" Adam faltered. "What if it destroys you?"

Adam stopped pacing but looked down at his hands as he twisted them. He heard Ronan stand from the bed and walk towards him.

Adam saw Ronan's feet and legs draw nearer to him and then he felt Ronan's hand under his chin. "Adam." Ronan tilted his head up. "Look at me. I'm fine." Ronan stepped back and stretched his arms out. "See. All good. Cabeswater though, isn't. That's why you're here."

Adam stepped closer to Ronan, but Ronan sat back down. "Also I'm like 200 per cent sure I closed the door behind so how did you get in?"

Adam stared at him. "Just because you close a door doesn't mean you're safe. You didn't lock it."

Adam watched as Ronan rolled his eyes and stood again. "So why are you here?" Ronan stepped close to Adam and smirked.

Adam's breathing hitched and something in his stomach tightened at Ronan's proximity. "Um-"

"You do have a plan, right?" Ronan breathed out, getting closer to Adam.

Adam twitched in response and when Ronan smirked, he blushed and bit his lip. "Uh." Adam glanced away from Ronan and stuttered. "Yeah. I was, uh, hoping we could all um, go over to Cabeswater uh, together to like, check it out. I need to uh, be there to um, know what's uh, wrong with it."

"Something wrong, Parrish? Having trouble speaking?" Adam gasped when he felt Ronan's hand brush his thigh.

"N-no. N-nothing. I-I'm fine." Adam stumbled as Ronan's hand moved away. "Sh-should we g-go get Gansey and B-Blue?"

"I think we have time." Adam swallowed and stared at Ronan's lips. Adam moved as close as he could without touching the other boy.

"R-Ronan?"

"That's my name."

"W-what are you doing to me?" Adam was getting worked up and he could feel his Henrietta accent slipping out.

"I don't think I know what you mean, Parrish." Ronan smirked. "Care to elaborate?"

Adam bit his lip before saying in a dark, gruff voice,"I think you know what I mean."

Adam kept staring at Ronan's mouth and finally the remaining space between them was closed as their lips crashed together.

Adam immediately melted into Ronan's touch and kissed him back. His arms moved to surround Ronan's torso. One curled loosely around his waist and the other gripped his arm and shoulder as if he needed it to survive.

Adam felt Ronan's hand in his hair and felt another low on his waist. He felt a low moan coming from the back of his throat and he kissed Ronan harder, lips parting to allow access.

Adam was left startled when Ronan pulled away. "Quit biting your damn lip, Parrish." Ronan remarked and stormed out of the room.

"Goddamn I'm an idiot." Adam muttered and kicked the leg of Ronan's bed. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, disgusted with himself. "He doesn't care. It's Ronan, of course he doesn't. He'll just break your heart." Adam got angry and swept everything off of the desk in Ronan's room, sending it crashing to the floor.

Adam turned to walk out, just as Ronan ran back in. "Parrish, what the fuck?" Ronan looked behind Adam at the newly cleared desk and all of its previous contents on the floor.

Ronan moved to Adam and grabbed his wrist. Adam yanked his arm out of his grasp. "No! What the fuck to you Ronan Lynch? First you flirt with me, lead me on, then you kiss me and you walk out as if I'm some big fucking mistake you made, something you regret!" Adam could feel tears welling up in his eyes by now and he pushed past a somewhat stunned Ronan and out the door to his room.

Adam ran down the stairs and out of the front door to Ronan's house. He got into his crappy tri-colored car and tried to start it. The engine wouldn't turn over. Adam muttered a few expletives, and, finding this wasn't enough, just screamed. He screamed and banged his fists on the steering wheel and screamed more. Finally he could feel the tears coming and he turned into a sobbing mess. How did he, Adam Parrish, let anyone like Ronan Lynch get under his skin?

Adam was sobbing too heavily to hear the car door open. He did however hear Ronan when he apologized.

"Adam. I'm sorry. I didn't realize." Adam stopped crying and looked over at the boy in his passenger seat.

He glared. "Realize what?"

Ronan gulped. "Realize how you felt. How I felt." Adam kept glaring at him. "I just- I guess I thought I could do what I always do, just fuck and move on. It took so long to get your attention and then I started to care. I cared what you thought and how you felt and damn I started to care about you."

Adam wiped his eyes with his hands and spoke quietly. "I was nothing to you? You just wanted to have sex with me? I was your friend."

"No! When I first saw you, yes. Then we became friends and I started to- oh god I don't fucking know, Adam, god. All I know is that I like you. A lot. And I know I'm an asshole but you have to understand this isn't easy for me." Adam shifted in his seat so he could look at Ronan.

"Then why did you leave after you kissed me?"

"You kissed me too. And I left because this whole feelings thing? It's new. I'm not used to it. Especially outside of dreams." Adam was shocked.

"What do you mean, dreams?" He searched Ronan's eyes for any sign, any answer.

"I mean dreams. Everyone dreams about what they want. I only happen to bring back some things." Adam stared at Ronan.

"You mean..." Adam trailed off and Ronan nodded. "Oh god. I'm sorry." Adam mumbled and turned away.

"It's not your fault." Adam felt Ronan's hand on his shoulder. Ronan's hand moved to Adam's back and rubbed in small, soothing circles. They sat there in Adam's shitty car for awhile in silence, Ronan rubbing Adam's back in a soothing manner. "Hey, why don't we go back inside and call Gansey?" Adam nodded slowly and opened his door as Ronan withdrew his hand.

Adam walked around the front of the car and back to Ronan's front door. Ronan walked over and, much to Adam's surprise, put out his arms. Adam walked into them and felt them wrap around him. Ronan's head rested on top of Adam's. "I'm so sorry, Adam." They stayed like that for a few seconds before breaking apart and heading inside.

Ronan handed Adam his phone. "Here call Gansey." Adam took the familiar object and hit Gansey's number in Ronan's contacts.

When Gansey answered Adam explained.

"No, this is Adam." He hesitated, "Is Blue with you?"

"Okay. Well, I'm calling because Cabeswater is sick." Adam nodded. "There's something wrong, I think we should all go out and check it out. Can you meet us there?"

Adam turned to Ronan. "Um, so Gansey is going to meet us there with Blue." He handed Ronan back his phone and watched as Ronan shoved it into the same pocket he watched him slip something in earlier.

Adam cleared his throat and then asked, "So what did you dream?"

"Can you be more specific?"

"Today. You dreamt something. I saw you put something in your pocket."

"Oh. That. Yeah. It's nothing. Just a trinket." Adam could tell he was lying.

"Sure. What is it, really?" He moved closer to Ronan.

"Fine. You wanna know, I'll show you everything." Adam followed Ronan up to his room. Ronan lifted his pillow and pulled out a stack of papers, a necklace, and a few Polaroid photographs. He walked to the desk and set the items down before bending down to retrieve an old looking box and set that on the desk as well. "Look at these first, then I'll show you today's."

Adam walked to the desk. He reached for the papers first. The first thing that struck him was that they were all in his handwriting. The second was that they were all addressed the same: Dearest Ronan, they all began. Adam read one and looked up at Ronan. "H-how long?"

"About a year and a half." Adam sucked in a breath. Ronan had been dreaming about him almost since they became friends. When Adam finished the letters he moved to the necklace. When he opened it he gasped audibly. There was a picture of him and Ronan and then a picture of a young boy with dark, curly hair and delicate features. A combination of them both.

"The only life I could have, was one in my dreams. I went there often." Adam heard Ronan's voice and he turned.

"You dreamt yourself a life w-with me?" Ronan nodded. "But why not just have a real life?"

"I was afraid." Ronan said.

"Of what? Me?"

Ronan nodded. "Well, more that you wouldn't feel the same."

"Well I guess you don't have to worry about that now." Adam replied and moved to the box. Inside was the most beautiful object he'd ever seen. "Is this an ornament for a Christmas tree?"

"Yeah. I hung it around Christmas, but I had to take it down." Adam stared at the glass object while running a finger along it. It was shaped like a large icicle and was clear glass with gold flecks in it.

Adam stared at the ornament awhile longer. "So what was today's." Adam turned to find Ronan sitting on his bed, knees pulled to his chest.

"I don't know if I can do this." Ronan said.

"Come on, it's fine." Adam held out his hand and Ronan took it to stand. Adam watched as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box.

Adam drew in a tight breath. He took the box from Ronan and examined it. There was a golden A on the lid part of the box. Adam opened it and tears welled in his eyes.

Inside was the most beautiful ring he had ever laid eyes on. The band was gold and delicate and there were three diamonds encrusted on it, surrounded by smaller diamonds and in the most beautiful pattern.

"It's so beautiful." Adam felt a tear slip out of his eye as he looked up at Ronan. He closed the box and held it back out to Ronan. "I never knew..." He trailed off as Ronan took the box, walked past Adam and placed it on his bookshelf.

Adam turned toward Ronan. When Ronan looked up, Adam bit his lip. "We should probably get going." Adam remarked but Ronan pushed him onto the bed.

"I told you to stop biting that lip." Ronan growled and climbed onto Adam, kissing him. Adam leaned his head back as his eyes rolled back. Ronan took this as an opportunity to move to Adam's neck, nipping at licking at the tender skin there. Adam's back arched and he let out a groan.

"R-Ronan. We need to go." Ronan kept nipping at Adam's neck though and Adam yelped. "That's going to leave a mark!"

Ronan sat up from where he was straddling Adam and smirked. "Then everyone will know you belong to me." Adam shivered and bit his lip again. He heard Ronan growl and then his lips were met with Ronan's. Between kissing him, Adam heard Ronan mutter, "Stop biting your lip. Do you know what that does to me?" Adam kissed Ronan deeply and then pushed him off.

"We need to go now. We have to meet Gansey and Blue." Adam walked away from Ronan, knowing he would follow. "And this hickey is going to be hard enough to explain." Adam turned to Ronan in time to see him smirk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 29K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
955K 31.8K 59
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
415K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.5M 48.6K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...