Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Thirty Three

33.7K 1.9K 331
By WriterAnisha_2307

Next Day

Helping Hand NGO

Rihan steps out of the car after parking outside the NGO. He has a file in one hand and another is holding his phone against his ear.

Nervousness, anxiety and fear were clearly visible in his eyes, as he takes a step towards Vikas's office. He lifts his other leg to take the next step, only to stop and move back, while shaking his head in negative.

Rihan whines in the phone, "Armaan, your wife will break my bones, if you have forgotten, then please watch the video of Kavya's training again. The CD is kept in your table's left drawer."

Armaan barks through the phone, "Shut up and just do it. She will be angry at first, but when she knows the reason, she will be happy."

Rihan asks with doubt, "Do you think, I will survive till explaining her the reasons? The moment she knows what you have done, she will burst like a volcano. Do you know how dangerous she is?"

Armaan yells in reply, "Rihan, stop being a brat and step inside." 

Rihan yells back, "Don't yell at me. I was supposed to make the arrangements ONLY. Dealing with your wife should be your task, not mine. I didn't marry Kavya."

Armaan explains after a sigh, "Rihan, if I could do, then our locations would have been reversed. But she will assume something negative, the moment she sees me in the NGO. Talking and explaining is impossible, when she is angry, that's why I had asked you to do."

Rihan whines again, "But why should I be a guinea pig? Sometimes I feel, you are taking extra advantage of my leniency. I will resign one day."

Armaan responds with arrogance, "You will never resign, I know you."

Rihan fakes a sniff and yells, "I hate you!"

Armaan replies, "I know that as well, now step inside."

Rihan shakes his head in negative and reasons, "Armaan, Mom truly loves me and she won't be able to watch her only son, sitting in a wheelchair for the rest of her life."

Armaan threatens in response, "Rihan, if you wasted one more minute in arguing with me, then I will appoint you as Kavya's driver. Do you want me to do that?"

Rihan's eyes widen in horror and he screams, "NO!"

Armaan responds, "Good. Now get inside and complete the work."

Before Rihan could react, Armaan disconnects the call and Rihan whimpers, while cursing under his breath.

Rihan murmurs, "I will never forgive Armaan, if I die today."

He composes himself and makes his way towards Vikas's office, unwillingly.

Medical Room

Kavya and Ruhi were making arrangements for the annual medical check-up for the senior citizens today.

During the work, Kavya shared with Ruhi, regarding Armaan and Ranveer's phone conversation, which was informed to her by Myra yesterday.

Ruhi voices her doubt, "Why would he talk to your father now? He has ended everything between the two of you."

Kavya answers with a sigh, "Only that arrogant knows what is running in his mind. He is a difficult nut to crack, plus Papa's humour is no help."

Ruhi asks with a frown, "What do you mean?"

Kavya answers, "Myra and Mamma asked him, what you and Armaan talked, then he said, it was a man to man conversation. Illiterate women won't understand."

Ruhi giggles and asks, "After this statement, what was Aunty's reaction?"

Kavya couldn't help, but chuckle before informing, "He got boiled vegetables in breakfast, lunch and dinner for Sunday. While Mamma and Myra ate pasta, cupcake, ice cream, pizza and garlic bread."

Ruhi laughs, imagining Uncle's condition when Myra and Nimrit would have teased him with the yummy food. 

Their moment is disturbed as a volunteer arrives to inform Vikas has called Kavya in his office. So, Kavya leaves and Ruhi continues her work.

Vikas's Cabin

Kavya enters the cabin after a knock and moves towards the desk. She is surprised to find Rihan sitting in the visitor's chair.

She thinks, 'What is he doing here?'

Kavya raises her eyebrows at him and Rihan gets to his feet to greet her. She greets back with hesitation and he turns to face a smiling Vikas.

Rihan requests, "If you don't mind, can I talk with Mrs. Raichand in private?"

Kavya frowns in confusion, while Vikas agrees with a grin, "Of course, Mr. Rihan, I have to supervise the medical check-ups, so you can use my office."

Vikas faces Kavya and his smile widens, as he speaks, "And Kavya, thank you so much."

Kavya's frown deepens and she opens her mouth to speak, only to stop by hearing Vikas's words, "Mr. Raichand and your gesture has touched my heart. You both not only thought of education, but health as well. Well done."

Sensing her growing confusion, Rihan takes a step closer to whisper, "I will explain."

Kavya gives him a short nod and Vikas leaves after thanking her once again. Rihan pulls a chair for her to sit and she obeys, while he drags another chair to sit facing her.

Rihan thinks, 'How do I start?'

Kavya demands being impatient, "Rihan, what is happening? Why was Vikas thanking me and what has Armaan done now?"

Rihan answer in a calming tone, "I will explain everything, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya glares at him and corrects, "Don't call me Mrs. Raichand, I am Kavya."

Rihan gulps in nervousness and speaks after a nod, "Yes, Kavya, I will explain everything, ONLY after you promise to stay calm and not get angry. Please."

Kavya frowns again and thinks, 'Now what that arrogant done? I swear to God, I will punch him one day for creating problems in my life.'

Nevertheless, she gives her consent by nodding her head once and Rihan takes a deep breath, gathering courage.

He starts explaining, "As you know, Armaan was behind that land, which is provided to this NGO for building a school. Correct?"

Kavya confirms, "Correct."

Rihan announces with fear, evident in his eyes, "Armaan has...he has purchased that land."

Kavya's eyes widen in shock and she demands, "What? How could he?"

Before Rihan gets a chance to react, Kavya clenches her fists, as anger and hatred start making an appearance in her eyes.

This causes Rihan to panic and he informs quickly, "But in your name."

Taken aback by this information, Kavya stares at him with wide eyes and demands in a low, yet doubtful voice, "In my....my name?"

Rihan nods and hands over the file, which he bought along. Kavya grabs the file hurriedly and opens the file to read.

The Document mentions, Mrs. Kavya Armaan Raichand as the owner of the land. The entire payment has been done by Mr. Armaan Raichand on behalf of his wife and there is a Government seal at the end of the agreement to prove its authentication.

Kavya studies the document twice to confirm and wonders why Armaan has purchased the land in her name. She shifts her questioning gaze at Rihan, who doesn't say a word and turns the page to reveal another document.

He informs, gesturing to read another document, "There is another land at 1 kilometre distance, he has purchased even that in your name."

She demands in confusion after reading, "Why is he purchasing lands in my name?"

Rihan hesitates before speaking, "Actually, he wants-"

Kavya raises her hand to stop him, as realisation drowns on her face and she murmurs to herself, "Now, I get it. Armaan has used such an immoral stunt to get his ways with me."

He frowns at her words and attempts to understand, what she has realised. He opens his mouth to ask, only to stop when Kavya stands abruptly.

She explains slowly, while mentally analysing her assumption, "Armaan purchased those lands, so the politician's role can end, who was in the NGO's favour."

Rihan raises to his feet as well, while frowning in confusion and she continues, "And by purchasing in my name, he can imply, he is doing something for me. He might even start the projects in my name, so I stay under his obligation and don't stop him."

Rage clouds her eyes as Kavya concludes with gritted teeth, "Armaan is tricking me again."

Rihan's eyes widen in terror, realising she has assumed everything in a completely opposite way.

He attempts to correct her misunderstanding, "No Kavya, he purchased those lands in your name because he-"

Kavya snaps at him, "Oh, just shut up. This is a game for him, trick people and get his work done to acquire his desired benefits."

Rihan explains, "No Kavya, Armaan is not-"

Kavya interrupts him in anger, "Enough Rihan, I didn't expect you to stoop as low as Armaan. But I guess, I don't know, how to recognise people's intentions."

He opens his mouth to speak, only to stop, as Kavya advances towards him and threatens, "But this time, he will not win. I will not fall for his tricks and will go to any extend to build this school. He doesn't know the capabilities of Kavya Ranveer Kapoor."

He frowns at her full name, but didn't get enough time to react, as she demands, "Where is he?"

Rihan attempts once again to explain, "Kavya, listen."

Kavya demands in a louder voice, making him shiver in fear, "Where is he?"

He stammers nervously, "R..RGC of...office."

Kavya grabs the file and turns to leave the office. Rihan curses under his breath and calls Armaan to narrate his and Kavya's entire conversation.

Armaan speaks, through the phone, "That's alright, let her come to the office, I will handle her and explain everything."

Parking Lot

Kavya marches towards her car to travel to RGC office, after taking Vikas's permission to leave and informing Ruhi about Armaan's new trick. 

But she stops at her spot on hearing Max's voice.

Max speaks on the phone, "No Armaan Sir, Kavya Ma'am hasn't come yet. I will keep updating you through message when she arrives and I bring her to your office."

Kavya murmurs in shock, "Updating? Armaan is using Max to keep an eye on me."

Anger rises in Kavya's veins and she clenches the ends of the file in anger, while murmuring, "Today, I will make sure, Armaan regrets his each action. Today, he will know, I am the worst person to play with."

She walks towards Max, who immediately disconnect the call, after seeing her approaching and shoves it in his pant pocket.

Max asks in his usual formal tone, "Would you like to go somewhere Ma'am?"

Kavya demands with anger, lacing her tone, "Do you update Armaan of my every move?"

Max's eyes widen and visibly panics, but soon composes himself and clears his throat. He asks with fake innocence, "What are you talking about Ma'am?"

Kavya tightens her grip on the file and yells in anger, "You are well aware about what I am talking. So, stop cutting around the bushes and tell me, whether you update Armaan or not?"

Max fixes his tie in nervousness and answers, "Ye...Yes Ma'am."

Kavya's grip on the file tightens even further and she glares at Max, while burning with anger. She swiftly moves her right hand back, while curling her hand into a strong fist and moves her hand ahead at high speed to punch Max's nose.

Her action was so quick, Max didn't get a chance to react and in result, blood oozes out of his nose. He touch his nose and hisses in pain, eyeing the blood on his fingertip.

She points her index finger towards him and declares with anger, burning in her eyes, "Your services are no longer needed, so don't you dare show me your face again."

Kavya turns around, after passing a death glare at Max's direction and turns to move towards the exit of the NGO.

This scene was witnessed by Rihan, who slaps his forehead and curses under his breath. He slowly walks towards Max and places his hand over his shoulder.

Rihan asks with concern, "Are you alright?"

Max shakes his head and informs, while wiping the blood, "She is damn strong."

They hear a girlish giggle and turn to find Ruhi, standing at a distance. Rihan sighs and she moves towards Max to examine his bruise.

Ruhi informs with a teasing smile, "That's Kavya's signature punch. Bleeding is guaranteed and maybe your boss will get a similar or worst one today."

Rihan widens in shock and he calls Armaan immediately to warn, making Ruhi laugh as she makes her way back to resume her work.

Whereas Max moves towards the car to grab the first-aid box. He starts cleaning his wound.

RGC Office

Kavya reaches the office with Mary's help, who gave her the address. The moment she steps out of the cab, she finds Armaan, standing at the entrance with two bodyguards.

He makes his way towards Kavya and greets her with a smile, "Welcome to my office."

Kavya snaps at him with a glare, "I am not here for your fake hospitality. How the hell could you-"

Armaan interrupts, "Don't you think, we should take this discussion to somewhere private?"

She continues to glare at him and he assures, "I will explain everything."

Kavya nods and Armaan escorts her towards a private lift, which goes to his penthouse and dismisses his bodyguards.

Armaan's Penthouse

Kavya take her seats on the armchairs, placed at the right corner of the living room against the floor length window. Armaan places a glass of water on the coffee table, in front of her and takes his seat on the other armchair, across her.

Kavya places the file on the table and gets to the point, ignoring the offered water, "What are your intentions, Armaan?"

Armaan answers in a calm, assuring tone, "Nothing of what you have assumed. These lands will be used for only social work. I have already purchased another land for my project."

Kavya's anger subsides, sensing the sincerity in his eyes and she asks in confusion, "Then why did you purchase the land in my name?"

Armaan grabs the file from the table and pulls out one set of paper, which is the copy of the agreement, mentioning the permission to build the school. He turns to page 5 and forwards the agreement to Kavya, which she grabs unhesitatingly.

He informs, "There is a loophole in this agreement. Read point no. 36."

Kavya reads the point, which mentions the management will remain with the Helping Hand NGO for 10 years only.

Confused with the point, Kavya lifts her gaze towards Armaan, who explains, "The management will remain with the Helping Hand NGO for 10 years only. This means after 10 years, the Government can withdraw the management and give to someone else, or to be precise, they will give to someone, who can provide them huge profits. There are chances, it may deny free education to the needy kids, which is the sole purpose to build this school."

Kavya stares at him in shock and read the point again to confirm his words. She fails to believe, none of them have checked this important detail earlier. 

Armaan asks, while leaning back in his chair, "Is there a date specified in that point?"

She glances at him, then goes back to read the point again and didn't find a date. She gazes him with fear, developing in her eyes.

Armaan states, "There is no date specified, which means the agreement date will be taken as default to calculate the tenure. This agreement is made a year back, so you have 9 years from now."

Kavya turns the pages to confirm his words and discovers the agreement is 11 months old. While Armaan grabs another set of paper and forwards it towards Kavya to read.

He informs, "According to this report, it will take another 3 years to build the school as designed by your NGO. Only if no one creates problem or the work is delayed due to any reason, then it might take more years."

Kavya presses the sides of her forehead in stress as she fails to understand, how to react with the new information.

Whereas Armaan continues to explain, "So out of 10 years, 4 years will be invested in construction, 2 years for getting approvals from all the Educational departments and setting up the management. The last 4 years will be utilised for smooth functioning of the school. Then?"

Kavya lifts her hurtful gaze to face Armaan as he continues, "Then someone will offer to covert this non-profit making school to a profit making educational institution. That will make all the efforts, struggle and time of the NGO's volunteers to become waste. Plus, hardly any kid may receive free education."

Analysing each hidden detail of the agreement, Kavya's concern reaches new heights for the needy kids, who are waiting for the school to build, so they can seek education and achieve something in life. She leans back in the chair and rubs her temples, while closing her eyes and resting her elbow on the armrest.

Armaan observes her facial expression and unknowingly smiles at her concern. Her selfless nature has always impressed him, but a part of him aches to watch her in stress.

A sudden desire develops in his senses, which yells at him to vanish every worry, which steals Kavya's smile and makes her upset. It demands to make her happy and maintain a happy, yet permanent smile on her lips for the rest of her life. It pushes him to fight for her and fulfil her each wish.

However, Kavya's low voice, brings him out of his thoughts, "What will happen now? How will the kids get education?"

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose to push away the discomforting feeling, which is increasing every second to witness Kavya's sadden face. He clenches his fist to calm himself and adjusts his tie.

He reaches for the glass of water, placed on the table and gets to his feet to make his way towards Kavya.

Armaan assures in a smoothing tone, "Stop worrying, Kavya. The land is owned by you, this agreement has no value now."

Kavya lifts her gaze to meet his and Armaan offers her the water. She grabs the glass and he goes back to sit on his chair. She is about to take a sip, only to stop by a question raising in her mind.

She places the glass on the table and demands, "But why did you purchase this land in my name?"

Armaan hesitates before answering, "So, you could build the school without any interference and the management remains in your hand for lifelong."

Kavya tilts her head in confusion and asks with raised eyebrows, "Aren't you anymore interested in this land?"

Armaan shakes his head and announces, "I am not interested in fighting with you anymore."

She straightens her head with a frown and he goes on, "The land is all yours, build school, make a playground, do anything as you wish. My employee, Ms. D'souza will get the permissions from the educational department within this week. You don't have to worry of anything."

Kavya asks with uncertainty, "I am still unable to understand, why you are doing this? Why did you purchase the land in my name and that second land? What was the need to purchase that?"

Armaan pinches the bride of his nose and answers her last question, "The second land for building a hospital, where the poor patients can get treatment and medicines for free."

His words bring back a memory, making Kavya's eyes moisten with painful tears.

FLASHBACK

Coffee Shop, Delhi

Kavya and Armaan are sitting in a coffee shop, three days prior to the engagement.

Armaan is attending a business call and Kavya observes how passionately he is instructing his employees for the project. His eyes remain focused on his tablet in his hand, where the data for the project is displayed. His voice lacing, confidence with the right amount of determination, when he announced the deadline.

Once the call is completed, Armaan keeps aside his tablet and phone. He glances at Kavya, who smiles and he returns the favour.

Armaan apologises, "Sorry, that call was important."

Kavya shakes her head and replies, "That's alright. I understand, I am businessman's daughter."

He gives a short nod with a smile and grabs his cup of coffee to take a sip, while Kavya asks with interest, "So, apart from business, what else are you passionate about?"

Armaan places his cup back and answers, "Nothing, my business is everything for me."

Kavya smiles and Armaan asks the same question to her, who answers, "Well, same for me, nothing more important than working in the NGO and helping people. But I want to increase my scope of helping people."

Armaan enquires further, "As in?"

Kavya informs, "I have a dream, which I haven't shared with anyone, not even Papa."

Armaan asks with a smirk, "Care to share with your would-be husband?"

Kavya smiles and informs after a nod, "I want to build school and hospital, where the needy people can get free education and treatment."

Armaan gives her an impressive look and Kavya continues, "I believe if people are healthy and seek the minimum education, then they can improve their life and will be able to provide the future generation with a better lifestyle and atmosphere."

Armaan asks with a hint of confusion, "That's amazing, but why haven't you done that yet, I am sure your father can easily finance a school and hospital."

Kavya agrees, "Of course, he can and he will, if I failed again."

Armaan asks with a frown, "Failed again?"

Kavya answers after a nod, "I want to fulfil my dream on my own, means through Government and NGO's help. Because only one school and hospital isn't enough for the amount of needy, so I need their help. I know is difficult to achieve, but I am trying my best for it, I had applied for a hospital last month, which got rejected. I will try once again, but if I fail, then Papa is my only savior to at least have one of each."

Armaan observes, how her eyes were glistening when she shared her dream. But as soon as she shared about her failure, it became dull.

A discomforting feeling settles in his senses, causing him to shift on his seat and clench his fist. Taking a deep breath, he pushes those feelings aside and watches Kavya, as she sadly traces the coffee mug with her fingertips.

Without realising, Armaan reaches for Kavya's other hand, resting on the table. She meets his gaze and he gives her hand a light squeeze.

Armaan assures, "You will achieve your dream, Kavya, if Government, NGO or your father can't help, then I will. That's a promise."

PRESENT TIME

Kavya stares at Armaan with painful tears in her eyes, who is staring back with pain in his.

The memories, which Kavya believed will stay as a beautiful evidence of the beginning of their relationship. Instead, today they were bringing back the pain of being used by the love of her life, which she kept hidden in her heart.

A lone tear escapes her eye, making Armaan clench his fist to control the urge to wipe it, remembering the last time, she denied to be touched by him.

Kavya demands in a low voice, "Why?"

Armaan thinks, 'I don't know, Kavya. I am unable to understand, why I want to see you happy and stress-free. I can't see you collapsing every night on the bed due to exhaustion, so this is the best way, I can reduce your workload.'

Instead of voicing out his thoughts, Armaan says, "I want to fulfil my promise."

Kavya chuckles sarcastically and states after wiping her tears, "Last what I remember, everything you said or performed, during that time was fake. You didn't mean anything, it was purely a trap to trick me. You made false promises."

Armaan lowers his gaze, feeling the slap of his deed on his face, yet he accepted every stone, she wanted to throw at him. He was expecting such reaction from her, so he remained silent.

Kavya demands, "You have received everything, you wished for, then why this act now?" she quotes her words with her fingers, "I want to fulfil my promise."

He sighs, but stay quiet and Kavya demands, "Tell me, what you want from me now."

Armaan stares into her eyes for a brief moment and hesitates before asking, "Can you forgive me?"

Kavya's eyes enlarges in surprise and she asks, "Forgive?"

Armaan nods to confirm and she demands after thinking for a moment, "So this act was to seek forgiveness?"

Armaan didn't get an opportunity to react, as Kavya demands, "Do you seriously believe, by purchasing those lands and playing with my dreams, I would forgive you?"

A wave of panic and fear rushes through his senses, hearing her words.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 11.6K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
1.7M 72K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
3.2K 109 18
Arnav and Kavya were two souls seemingly from different worlds, yet fate had a way of intertwining their paths in unexpected ways.
2.3M 154K 69
𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒗 𝑲𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒚𝒂𝒑,is a rich businessman of the state. His wife Kavya was the only love of his life. He had a crush on her since their college...