Forsaken☼Carl Grimes

By twdtori

"I was alone and broken. Until I met you." The world was once filled with people happy and healthy. Mia didn... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

80 6 3
By twdtori

•••

Wet tear drops fell down from my eyes to my cheeks, cascading down my face. Each drop would slide all the way to my jaw, slowly dropping to the floor. My face held no emotion, only tears shown. Hair strands stuck to my face, one or two in my mouth. I sat on the comfortable brown couch, my hands tightly closed together, arms on my legs.

The living room surrounded me, the familiar frames of happy faces and memories crowding my thoughts. Tears streamed harder, my eyes shutting ever so tightly. My breath was shaky as for my body, small whimpers filling the silent room. Shuffling could be heard from the room upstairs, making me open my eyes, my breath stopping. I look upwards toward the ceiling, more shuffling coming from above.

I shake my head, looking towards the floor. More tears fill my eyes, blurring my vision. "Y-you ha-have to d-do th-is." I silently hiccup,wiping the tears off my face, my wet hands wiping on the jean fabric.

I get up, my dirty shoes on the beige carpet. I slowly walk towards the kitchen, tears again forming in my eyes. My shaky hands grab the kitchen knife, my finger tips meeting the cold surface. I turn around, walking towards the stairs. My hands meet the polished wooden rail, my feet making the stairs squeak. I cry more, shuddering sobs coming out. I turn towards the right, my body shaking even more. The first door to the left was my parents.

"D-do i-t for the-m." I say, my body in front of the door I was dreading. Low growls could be heard, their footsteps walking around the room. I put the knife in my right hand, my left shaking towards the doorknob. My hand finally grabs onto the doorknob, shaking it in the process. The sound of the knob shaking signaled both of my "parents" attention. They quickly bang on the door, my body slightly jumping in the process.

I stop my crying, grasping the knife in my hand. "You can do this." I quickly twist the knob, opening the door. I walk backwards away from the door, my "parents" walking out. The first was my father, the bullet hole clearly shown in his left abdomen. That's one of the bullets he took for me. He has his hands out, his skin pale and eyes yellow. Veins can be shown, my stomach dropping.

I quickly run up to him, stabbing him in the head. My used to be father now laid dead on the floor, lifeless and gone. Then came my mother. Seeing her made my heart shatter, more tears streaming down. A bullet wound could be shown on her left shoulder and stomach. Her blonde hair was no longer shining and silky. It was instead dead and brittle.

Her bright beautiful smile was replaced with an open mouth with yucky teeth. Her green eyes were replaced with yellow sickly ones. I walk up to my mother, almost hesitant of killing her. I take one more glance at her before plunging the red knife into her soft skull. I leave the knife in her head, her body falling limp in my arms. I backup, falling on my bottom. Their red blood stained my hands, but I didn't care.

I looked at my parents, their body's on top of each other. I let out a scream, kicking the wall to my left. I wrap my arms around my legs, my head resting on my knees. I cry and wail, my eyes stinging from the tears.

I have to go. Being in this house will only hurt me even more. I quickly get up, stepping over my parents dead body. I can't bear to look at them, for I would break down again. I grab my bag, filling it with one pair of jeans and two t-shirts. I put two other pairs of underwear and a bra in the bag also. I looked around my room one more time, the memories I used to hold in here will be gone. My eyes land on my dresser, a necklace with a little elephant on it.

My mother gave it to me. It's a sign of good luck. I grab the necklace, putting on the chain. It's cold surface meets my warm skin, sending chills down my body. I walk out the room, taking one more glance at it before walking towards the stairs.

Before I could walk down, I look towards my parents, my eyes watering. "I love you." I silently whisper, before heading down. I run towards the kitchen, grabbing all the food cans and water bottles I could fit in my bag, my bag stuffed with goods.

I walk towards the door, opening it so I was standing in the doorway. The bright light shines through, making my eyes squint. I look behind me, saying my last goodbye to the house, filled with beautiful memories.

I turn back around, closing the door behind me. I walk off the porch for the last time, choking back the sobs and tears. I wipe the stray liquid off of my cheeks. I walk down the road, not daring to look back the house the was once filled with laughs, tears, and hopeful memories.

I was now living in this world alone.

***

I was sitting on a grey couch, my thumbs fumbling together. My elbows stood on my knee, my knee thumping up and down. I looked straight towards the wall, a fireplace in my view. Shelves were next to it, occupied of interesting art and pottery. A couple of books stood on the shelf, catching my attention.

I wonder if there stories, short stories, poems, or anything else. I wouldn't mind to read them. I shake my head, clearing away the thoughts. I was currently in a pastel house. I wondered upon a camp, more like a community. I remember the look the Latina gave me, eyeing me up and down.

If they allow you to stay the night, sneak around and grab enough food for yourself. Maybe even ammunition and a new weapon. After that head out, no one will know. I sigh heavily, looking around the house. I get up from the couch, walking around the downstairs.

A dining room was right next to the living room, a wooden table enough for six people to sit at. Wooden chairs surrounding it. A shelf/cabinet stood on the wall next to it, containing other pottery and decorations. A lamp chandelier was right above the room, it's bulb off, the light source coming through the windows.

My fingers trailed along the table, memories of before. Always eating at the table to have family dinner. All foods of source scattered around. The thought of all the food made my mouth water, my mind in awe. I snapped back into reality, heading forward.

A kitchen stood in front of the dining room. A kitchen island stood in the middle. Three metal stools took its place on the right, the left occupied with a faucet and a sink. I quickly walk towards the marble figure, my hands touching the lever. I slowly twist it, when my heart skips a beat.

I slowly chuckle, a smile spreading on my face. Water. Real water was coming out of it. My dirty hands reach for the down poured liquid, my hands feeling the soothing surface. Wow. I shut it off, walking around. There was a silver fridge to my left, along with a marble top and stove.

The marble tops went around the small room, another sink on the long side of the wall. Windows set a top of it, shades almost closed, but enough to let a little light in. Above the stove was an exhaust just in case to let the smoke out. White cabinets stood above the tops, maybe filled with food and kitchen ware. I could check. I shake my head, looking away. No, they might know. I would have to do it during night.

Another lamp chandelier stood above the island, its light off. I bit my lip, hiding the laughter that was going to erupt from my throat. This place is amazing. Maybe I could stay here. My smile faded, my feet carrying me back to the couch.

No, no. Don't get a head over yourself. You're only here to take what you need and go. I was in the living room about to sit on the couch before I stopped myself in my tracks. My gaze shifted over towards the stairs, curiosity striking me.

Maybe I could check upstairs. I shake my head, sitting back down. I softly grab the little elephant off my chest, looking down at it. Looking down at the chain brought back memories, making me smile sadly.

"I miss you mama." I whisper, taking deep breaths in and out. I put the necklace back inside my shirt. I start to fumble with my thumbs again, to see that my nails were super long. Ew, this is disgusting. I look to see dried blood and dirt behind them, making me look away. I put my dirty hands up to my hair, touching the brittle and crisp streaks. Damn I need a shower. What I started to think about was how everyone in the community looked so clean. Do they have working showers?

I start to think about taking a shower. The thought of the soothing water running down my body was something I needed. My thoughts were cut off by the sound of a door. Heavy footsteps carried along with it also, the sound of boots. I quickly got up from the comfortable couch, turning towards behind me. The sight of a woman caught my attention. She was dark skinned, a brown head wrap in her dreads. She had a white button tank top, along with black jeans.

She had a look on her face that was not intimidating like the women at the fence. She had more of a genuine look, almost calm. "So I'm guessing you're Mia." She walks over towards me, her feet hitting the carpet in the living room. I nod slightly, giving her a half smile. "Yeah, that's me." I put my hand out, trying to cover the shaking. She gladly takes it, her hand firm. "You can sit if you want," she puts her hand out towards the couch, gladly taking it.

She takes a chair from the table and places it across the couch. Alright breath. Just act cool. Put on that acting face. She studies me for a second, making me quietly move under my seat. "How many walkers have you killed?" she says firmly, looking right at me. "Walkers?" I say, in a confused tone. "The dead ones." Oh, the roamers. "Oh, uh, too many to count." I sit straight up, my hands clasped together.

"How many people have you killed?" When she asked the question my heart dropped. I looked down, my voice low. "Two," I almost mumble, looking back at her. "Why?" She questions. My memory goes back to my parents. When we were on a run. When they took the bullets for me. When I had to kill them cold blooded. I could feel the tears start to well up in eyes, my throat choking up.

"They died by getting shot. They turned so I- uh- I shot them." I blink away the tears, swallowing the lump in my throat. "I'm sorry," the women says, looking at me, pity in her eyes. I only nod, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm Michonne." I look up back at her, seeing her smile slightly. I smile back, trying to push back the thought of my parents.

"Well I'm glad you found this place. I like to think there's more people who are alive than dead. Especially you, since you're very young." I nod, chucking a little. "Yeah me too." "I was meaning to ask, how old are you?" I start to think, my mind racing. How old am I? "Who knows in this world anymore? If I had to guess, I would say maybe 16?" It came out more like of a question than an answer.

"I have a son, he's 17. There's a lot of kids here who are actually around your age here." Kids my age? I've at least seen a couple of older people, but kids my age... I haven't seen since the beginning.

"Really? Well, this seems like a nice place." These people are willing to take me in and I just came in not even about 30 minutes ago? Maybe I could try to live here. I was snapped out of my thoughts, Michonne getting up from her seat.

"I'll have Carl come and show you around." I get up also, following her towards the door. "Carl?" I ask, my hands stuffing in my pockets. "My son." She opens the door, me following right behind her steps. I close the bright yellow door behind me, my feet walking along the porch. "You could wait here. I'll send Carl." "Okay," I say, Michonne walking down the stairs. "Oh- Michonne?" She stops at the bottom of the stairs, turning her gaze to me.

"Thank you," I smile slightly. She smiles back, nodding her head. She turns back around, going left down on the road. I look to my side to see two sets of rocking chairs, white cushions to make it comfortable to sit on.

I decided to sit on one, my body relaxing on the soothing chair, rocking back and forth lightly with my foot. My eyes scan my surroundings, pastel houses everywhere. I see people walk to each others houses, faint talking and laughing.

I see a house right next to the one I was in, a women washing her dishes. She smiles at me, and I return the favor. Wow, these people are genuinely nice. Maybe not everyone has lost their humanity. Maybe these people still had some.

I closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh air. The sound of people talking faintly and the trees rustling made me feel warm in sight. The light breeze made me feel better, a little of warmth filling the air. I think spring may be coming. I put my head back, closing my eyes. I rested for a couple seconds until I heard someone come up the porch. My eyes snapped open, my body sitting up in the chair. My gaze fell on the figure a few feet from me, catching my attention.

It was a boy almost around my age. He had shaggy brown hair that was up to his shoulders, but was covered by a sheriffs hat. He had a gray shirt on, which I will say fitted him really well. He had dark jeans with boots. But what really caught my attention was the gauze that was over his right eye, my left. What happened? "I'm sorry did I scare you?" He chuckles slightly, looking at my stunned reaction.

I get up out the chair, laughing slightly. My cheeks and ears turned pink, blushing on the scene. "Uh- yea just a little." He laughs slightly, looking down and and then back at me. "Sorry." I shake my head, sighing heavily.

"Michonne sent me, to show you around. You could, you can follow me." I nod my head, a little too much. "Okay." I say, a smile creeping on my face. He went down the stairs, me following right behind.

Don't be such a dork. You just got here. I mentally roll my eyes at myself, following Carl down the sidewalk. We walked side by side, silencing filling between us. "Your names Mia right?" He looks towards me, my attention doing the same.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm guessing your names Carl?" He nods, "yeah." I finally could see him up close, his facial features striking me. He had lots of freckles under his eyes and across his nose, scattered and some on his cheeks.

His lips were pink and plumped, a nose which curved slightly, pointing up. But his eyes, or eye, is what caught my attention. A beautiful blue, topping of his looks. My green or orbs could get lost in his blue ocean sea ones.

He caught me staring at him, my head quickly looking down, my cheeks burning up. He walked me around the whole community, also introducing me to other people. He told me how they used to be the new ones, since they found this community a couple weeks ago. A women named Deanna used to take control, but because there was a roamer attack she died getting bitten. She died only a couple days ago, making Carls father in charge.

"What's his name?" I ask, seeing people on their porches smiling. I smile back, returning the favor. Do these people even know what's outside the walls? Have they even been out before? "My dads name is Rick. Rick Grimes. He isn't here right now, he went on a run with another from my group. Daryl Dixon." I nod looking forward. "So your last name is Grimes?" He chuckles slightly, looking towards me.

"Is that bad?" I shake my head, regretting what I said. "Oh no, no. I was just uh-" He laughs again, putting his hands in his pockets. You're so stupid. He just said that was his last name.

"So you've been out there by yourself?" Carl ask, curiously in his voice. "Yeah, ever since my parents-" I stopped myself, my breath hitching in my throat. Should I tell him? "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. I-" "No, no it's fine. I kept it in for so long, I might as well say something."

I take a deep breath, letting out a shaky sigh. "I've been alone since my parents died. We were on a run and we came up on this group. They wanted our food and our medicine. We didn't have a lot of food, and no medicine. They didn't say anything else, just shot at us."

Tears start to form, but I swallow them up. "My parents blocked me, getting shot in the process. My mother twice and my father once. They ran though. They ran for me. We soon escaped them, going back to our house. After that, they showed the symptoms. Sweating, sickness, and weakness. So I shot them after they turned."

The last part I said a bit harsh, mad at the disgusting people. Mad at the world for making them like that. "I'm sorry." Is all Carl said, his head down. I look at him, "it's not your fault. It's the worlds." He only nods his head. "I'll show you the house you'll be staying in. It's down the street of mine." I nod my head, my mind racing with the thought of my parents again. We walked in silence, until a boy around our age crossed our path.

Carl slows down, the boy doing the same. "Hey Ron." The boy nods, "Carl." His attention averts to me. I smile at him. "Hi," I quietly say, putting my hand out. "I'm Mia." He gladly took my hand in his, smiling back. "Ron." He says.

"Oh yeah, this is Mia. She just came today." Carl looks from me to Ron, his position relaxed. "Well Mia, its great to have you here. We have another person our age. Thank god, I'm sick of the kids here already," he says jokingly, a laugh coming out of me.

"Well I uh-, hope to see you around Ron. It was nice meeting you." He nods his head, smiling at me. "It was nice meeting you too. Hey Carl, you still up on that offer of coming to my house later?" Carl nods, "Yeah, I'll come after I show Mia around."

"If you want, you could come too. My house is that one over there," Ron tells me, pointing towards a blue pastel house with a garage. "Oh yeah, sure." "I'll see you guys later than." Ron smiles at us, before walking towards his house.

I think I might like it here. Carl and I walked around, until we were back at stage one. We were passing his house again until we stopped a few houses down. "Hey Carl I was going to ask, does everybody have a job? Because I would gladly like to help."

Carl looks at me, both of us stopping in front of a house. "Most of us do, but you'll have to talk to my dad about that." I nod, putting my hands in my jean pockets. "So this is the house you'll be staying in. There's two people from my group who live in here." Sharing a house with people I don't know? My heart starts beating faster, my face showing worry. Carl must've noticed. "But don't worry, they're really nice people. They're good." I nod, letting out a shaky breath.

"I would love to meet them. What's there names?" I ask. "Glenn and Maggie. They're married." How sweet. "Well I would love to meet them." He smiles, both of us heading up the porch stairs. Carl knocks on the door, my heart racing. These people are good, don't worry. The door opens, a women appeared. She had shoulder length wavy brown hair, her eyes a bit lighter green than mine. She's pretty. She looked from Carl to me, a smile forming.

"Well hello there." I smile nervously, biting my lip. "Maggie this is Mia," Carl says, pointing towards me. "She'll be sleeping in the same house with you guys. If you don't mind." Maggie looks at me, her eyes glowing. "Oh of course not darlin', come in."

I slightly chuckle, Carl and I heading into Maggie's house. I think I might stay here.

***

I hope you guys like this chapter, I'll try to update tomorrow or Saturday but thank you to anyone who's reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 10K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
812K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
221K 9.1K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
365K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...