Intrinsic ▷ Draco Malfoy

By illustration

❝Life itself is so adored because it begins and ends so very fast, and it might explain why it's so intrinsic... More

INTRINSIC
ZERO
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX

TWO

5.1K 232 23
By illustration

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

TWO; BACK TO HOGWARTS

     "WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!"

     Stella was currently tying up her hair into a neat ponytail while Molly shouted from downstairs. She quickly grabbed her bags and raced down the stairs, ignoring the screeches emitting from Mrs. Black's portrait. It had been yelling vile insults almost every minute of the day, and Stella was nearing the edge of her temper.

     After Molly spotted her oldest daughter, she yanked open the front door and stepped out into the sunlight. Stella and Harry were the last ones to leave the home, and Fred and George fell into step with their sister. Ginny and Remus were just behind them, monitoring their every move.

     "Don't need to be so overprotective. I've recovered."

     Fred exchanged a brief glance with his twin. "Stella, we're just giving support. You know if you need it, we'll be here." In other words: if you ever feel the urge to become a vicious Death Eater, tell us first.

     Stella nodded. The walk to King's Cross only took twenty minutes, but Stella's feet were already aching. As soon as she ran into the platform between nine and ten, she felt like she was home. She saw the familiar train of Hogwarts Express and a smile spread across her face.

     "No trouble?" Moody growled at the group.

     "Nothing," Remus assured.

     "I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," said Moody. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

     "Well, look after yourselves." Remus began shaking everyone's hand, and Stella spotted Draco's frame.

     She rushed to press a kiss to Molly's cheek and hugged Arthur briskly. Molly shouted her goodbyes at Stella as she rushed to see Draco.

     Lucius spotted her first. As a spitting image of her mother, Stella haunted Narcissa's mind everyday with constant thoughts of her former best friend. Narcissa knew of what Lucius had done to the Abberdon family, and it was a topic never spoken in the manor.

     Stella always felt a sense of security being with Draco. Ron liked to say that when he saw his sister's boyfriend, a bit of last night's dinner would climb its way up his throat. However, after not seeing Draco for days, all Stella did was kiss him.

     "Not angry with me anymore, my love?"

     Stella shook her head. "I'm always angry with you. This is simply a brief period where I choose to hold it in."

     Draco said his goodbyes to Lucius and Narcissa, which looked more like an awkward family meeting than a heartfelt goodbye. He and Stella maneuvered their way to the prefect carriage, where Ron and Hermione also were. Both of their noses twisted in distaste at the sight of Draco, but they bit their tongues in respect for Stella.

     "Be nice," she hissed in her boyfriend's ear.

     Stella greeted the Slytherin Head Boy and Girl, taking a seat next to Hannah Abbott. Her blonde hair flowed nicely down her shoulders as she sat next to Ernie Macmillan. Both of their Hufflepuff prefect badges gleamed in the light.

     Hermione took a seat next to Stella, beating Draco to the punch. She was whispering quietly. "You didn't tell me Malfoy was a prefect."

     Stella shrugged. "He's got the grades, Hermione. Might be a prick time to time, but he deserves it."

     The Head Boy and Girl of each house went over the rules of being prefects, and emphasized how important the role was in Hogwarts. They briefly mentioned how cooperating with a fellow prefect was just as important, and Stella glanced at her boyfriend — Draco and her would most likely be kissing instead of patrolling the corridors late at night.

     After they were dismissed, Stella sought out to find Blaise and Pansy, but stopped when she realized Draco wasn't behind her.

     "You go on ahead. I need to find Crabbe and Goyle."

     Stella's eyes narrowed, sensing Draco was planning to do something to Harry. "Draco."

     "Just a bit of fun is all, my love."

     Stella eventually allowed him to leave, searching various compartments for Blaise and Pansy. She found the two seated across from each other, along with Millicent Bulstrode and Theodore Nott.

     "And there she is," Blaise said. "Just speaking about you, we were."

     "Me? Or me and Draco?"

     It was the Slytherins' favorite topic. Apparently, Draco and Stella's relationship was an amusing idea that was brought up in almost every conversation at the Slytherin table. No one understood how Stella, who was practically a Weasley, could date Draco, who was raised to hate people like the Weasley family. When asked, Stella would shrug and say they just did. It wasn't complex or incredibly difficult — she liked being with Draco and he liked being with her.

     "Both." Theodore shrugged, lips pursed. "Talking about you and how you put up with Draco in the first place."

     Pansy was about to let something slip from her mouth, but decided against it. When Stella and Draco were fighting last year, Draco accidentally asked Pansy to the Yule Ball out of spite. He was afraid to admit his feelings for Stella and completely messed up the whole situation. Despite Pansy's feelings, Draco apologized to Stella and took her to the dance. Pansy was still slightly bitter over it.

     Stella occupied the seat next to Blaise. "He's manageable, really. Tune him out most of the time."

      Speaking of the devil, the compartment door opened and in walked Draco, sniggering to himself. Millicent quickly moved aside so he could sit next to his girlfriend.

      "Care to share why you're so giddy?"

     "Messing with Potter's mind, I suppose," Pansy sighed, looking completely disinterested.

     Stella hit Draco's arm and he winced. "You better not have, Draco. Harry's milliseconds away from completely exploding."

     However, as Crabbe and Goyle entered the compartment in a fit of cackles, Stella understood the truth. She huffed and turned to speak to Blaise, sending the message that Draco was going to have to beg for forgiveness once again. Theodore and Millicent began snickering silently.

     When they reached the carriages, Stella looked up at the Thestrals pulling them. During her first year when she mentioned the sight of them, Draco asked her if she was hallucinating. Apparently, only certain people could see the fleshless horses, and Stella couldn't decide if it was a good or bad thing.

     Draco was poking her side repeatedly. "Stella. Stella Abberdon-Weasley. Stella."

     The whole ordeal continued until they arrived at Hogwarts, where Blaise finally yelled at Draco to shut his trap. Stella smiled when they reached the inside and she felt a small tug at her robes. Fred and George were by her side, grinning from ear to ear.

     "Remember, Stella, if Malfoy attempts to persuade you into anything-" George started.

     "Find us and we'll hex him into oblivion," Fred finished.

     Stella kissed both of their cheeks before parting with her Slytherin friends. Blaise ensured Draco wouldn't sit by Stella, much to the boy's displeasure. Pansy settled on her other side.

     Stella scanned the staff table. A frown formed on her face. "Where's Hagrid?"

     "Finally got rid of him, did they? Good riddance," Draco hissed. Stella sneered at him.

     "Mate, you really don't know the process of getting your girlfriend to forgive you."

     Stella continued to mentally check off the list of teachers until she saw the unfamiliar woman sitting next to Dumbledore. She was adorning a horrible shade of pink, which definitely didn't compliment her brown hair or the shape of her face.

     Stella poked Blaise's side, leaning over to whisper. "Who's that woman over there dressed in pink? Never seen her before."

     Blaise shrugged absentmindedly. "Must be Umbridge. Heard she's from the Ministry."

     Stella didn't have time to question further before the doors of the Great Hall opened, and in stepped the first years. Stella clapped her hands in excitement. She was always chuffed to see the sorting, remembering the nerves she felt on her first day at Hogwarts. Fred and George had made up some ridiculous story to terrify her that if the Sorting Hat couldn't choose which house to place a student in, it would send them home.

     The Sorting Hat burst into song, and Stella listened patiently. Although, it was rather difficult when her boyfriend was hissing at her from across the table. Draco was a few seats down, but made sure Stella could hear and see him.

     Her eyes darted over to the Gryffindor table after the Sorting Hat's warning. She didn't know what it meant, but by the look on the trio's faces, it was probably far from good. Ginny was giving her sister an odd look, but Stella just shook her head, assuring her it was most likely nothing.

     The sorting began and Stella clapped for every first year, contrasting her fellow Slytherins, who only applauded the ones sorted into their house. After the last girl sat at the Hufflepuff table, Dumbledore rose to his feet.

     "To our newcomers," Dumbledore said, extending his arms and smiling wide. "Welcome! To our old hands — welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!"

     Food magically appeared on the table and everyone began digging in. Blaise felt an annoying hand pushing him aside before Draco was sitting next to Stella. Blaise grumbled lowly to himself.

     "Stella, you can't be mad at me forever. How many fights are we seeking to reach this year?"

     "We could've started this year off with zero, but your big mouth got in the way and ruined it all for us," Stella retorted. Theodore snickered from his adjacent position near the bickering couple. Daphne Greengrass was also observing them in amusement.

     "I'm sorry, my love. I'll try better."

     After a menacing glare, Draco managed to scare a few of the Slytherins at the table and they looked away. Draco never liked appearing vulnerable in front of anyone, but he knew that with Stella, this was a key factor in getting her to forgive him.

     "Stella, come on. You heard what the Head Boy and Girl said. Fellow prefects are supposed to get along." He wrapped one arm around her waist, kissing her temple. Stella flinched and moved away from him. Draco threw his arms up in the air, exasperated.

     It was safe to say every Slytherin at the table was throughly entertained by the fiasco that was Stella and Draco's relationship.

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

     Personally, Stella thought Umbridge's speech was a load of crap. She barely listened and was instead distracted by the color of Draco's hair. When the two were leading the first years to the dungeons, she intertwined their fingers, indicating she had forgiven him. After all, she didn't want to start off the year on a bad note.

     Plus, someone had to stop Draco from frightening the first years with false tales about the dungeons.

     Once the first years were ready to go off on their own, Stella retreated to the common room. Pansy was sitting alone, not paying any attention to Blaise's small quarrel with Crabbe and Goyle.

     "Hey, stranger." Stella smiled softly, squeezing in next to her. Pansy shifted uncomfortably. "Are you alright, Pansy? We haven't spoken in such a long while."

     Pansy wondered if Stella noticed. If she noticed that whenever the girl was with Draco, it was slowly breaking Pansy on the inside. Stella had a knack for figuring out what was wrong with her friends, but lately, her mind was clouded with nothing but her mother and her future. Sounded selfish, but Stella's main priority at the moment was to take care of herself. Pansy's problems seemed so little to her, so she just shook her head, planting a forced smile on her face.

     "I'm fine, Stella. Not excited to be back, I guess." Pansy stood from her spot. "We should head upstairs."

     "Oh," Stella flicked her thumb backwards. "Me and Draco have to run patrol."

     The look on Pansy's face gave it all away. Stella frowned, reaching out for her friend's hand. "Pansy, is this about the dance last year? Draco was an almighty prick to use you like that to get to me. I never apologized, and I'm sorry."

     Millicent approached the two friends, sensing tension. Pansy scoffed. "It's not your place to apologize for him. Draco was the one who asked me out, and deliberately kissed you in front of me when he saw how heartbroken you were. Seeing you both together is," Pansy paused, searching for the right word to use. She still wanted to be Stella's friend — she only believed Stella didn't understand how hard Pansy took everything last year. Yule Ball was supposed to be her chance to shine and rather than showing off her new dress, she spent the night weeping over Draco Malfoy's mistake. "It's an uphill battle, Stella. I don't blame you. I see you with him and you make him happy."

     Pansy shuffled away with Millicent, leaving Stella to her thoughts. She soon felt a kiss being pressed to her cheek and looked up to see the notorious heartbreaker in the flesh.

     "Was that Parkinson I heard? What's she prattling off about now?"

     Draco received another hit to the shoulder.

     "You hurt her, Draco! We hurt her."

     "Oh, my love. You're speaking nonsense again. Come on, we have to go catch some first years trying to sneak out."

     He turned to leave, but Stella caught his arm. "Draco, you're not listening to me. Pansy's hurting as a result of our careless actions last year. Don't you feel the least bit guilty over it?"

     Draco shrugged. As far as he was concerned, if Stella was happy, he was happy. Last year's events at the Yule Ball were a faded memory, and the only thing he really remembered was how angry Stella was with him.

     "Stella! I apologize for what I've done to Potter, but I don't see why it concerns you-"

     Her dark locks cascaded down her face, hiding her frustrated expression. She was clearly angry, and ready to punch Draco Malfoy in the face. "Draco, you've done nothing but torture Harry since he was picked for the tournament! No one takes his feelings into consideration like they should. Harry is my friend and my brother. I'll defend him just as I would do with Ron or the twins."

     Draco rolled his eyes. "That's why you haven't accepted my invitation to the Yule Ball? Because of what I did to Potter?"

     "I haven't accepted because you're a snotty brat who does nothing but taunt my friends and brothers."

     Draco's emotions began to vary from heartbroken to hostile. As the pair stood in the common room, he spotted Pansy descending from the stairs with Millicent and Daphne by her side. He stomped over to the group, ignoring Stella's cold stare.

     "Pansy, go to the Yule Ball with me."

     Her friends giggled around her as Pansy's eyes lit up. She nodded her head rapidly and squealed. Draco looked behind him, staring into Stella's tear-filled orbs.

     Regret began to fill his heart as he watched the girl walk away.

     "My love, everyone knew then how much I liked you. Parkinson wasn't paying any attention, that's all," Draco tried to reason with her. The common room was empty now, but Draco and Stella were supposed to be outside, patrolling the corridors. "I know she's your friend, but there's nothing you can do about it now. All those memories are in the past."

     Stella lifted up her sleeve to expose her arm. There was no mark upon her skin, but she didn't know how long that would last. Draco could see where the conversation was headed and he kissed her forehead gently. "You shouldn't be worrying about those things yet. We're still young."

     "The day's approaching, Draco, and I don't know what to choose. I don't even know if I have the option to make a choice."

     Draco kissed the part of her skin where the Dark Mark would lie. "Stella, if you don't want to become one, I won't let you. If it means standing up to my father or mother, I swear I'll do it for you."

     Stella pulled him in for a kiss, unsure of how deep his promise would go.

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

     "Stella! Heard you need a little pocket money."

     "Fred, she's our sister. I'm sure we won't have to pay her for her kind services."

     "Merlin, why are you two acting so weird?" Stella responded to her twin brothers. They were towering over her, blocking her from walking to the Slytherin table. However, after spotting a certain mischievous sparkle in their eyes, she shook her head. "No, I refuse to be a test subject for one of your experiments."

     Fred exchanged a glance with George. "How dare she, George? We're only asking our beloved sister for assistance, and she refuses to help!"

     Stella's eyebrow arched and she moved past them. She ignored their mocking tones behind her, attempting to wind her up. She took her normal spot next to Draco at the table, and the boy greeted her with a kiss.

     Snape was handing out schedules, and threw both Stella and Draco's in front of them.

     Stella groaned, pushing her class schedule to the side. "I don't even want to think about classes. Bill was telling me how hard fifth year was, and I'm not prepared for it."

     Blaise snorted from next to her. "Most of us aren't."

     Stella saw a flash of brown hair before Pansy was sitting across from her. As usual, Millicent was right by her side.

     Stella slowly raised her hand and gave the girl a small wave. Pansy glanced up at her and returned the small gesture. Her eyes drifted down to Stella and Draco's intertwined hands and she forced herself to look away. Stella's smile loosened into a tight frown.

     Draco glanced at his girlfriend, and saw how unhappy she was becoming. He raised the back of her hand to his lips and pressed a small kiss to it.

     "Look alive, my love. We have a long day ahead of us."

     Stella sighed, averting her gaze back to her class schedule.

draco & stella are the cutest, i'm rooting for them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 37 28
ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 ˡᵒʷᵉʳᶜᵃˢᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉⁿᵈᵉᵈ
489 2 30
Not all stories have happy endings. Not all of us live to see the end.
20.8K 626 34
Read while you can, things will change:)
15.1K 272 58
My inspiration is @draco.malfoy_.povs on tiktok. You're in a toxic relationship with Draco and put yourself first for once. But who you end up with...