Killer

By AstralShadows

A mysterious girl with a mysterious past is contacted by the king of hell himself. It was supposed to be an... More

Mysterious Girl, Deceived.
Interrogation.
Impressions.
Indulgences.
A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.
Finding Family.
Betrayed.
Our Bet And His Present.
Hunting Ghosts.
Coexistence.
Runaways.
No Chick Flick Moments.
Barton Hollow.
Family.
My Way Home.
Little Games.
Surprises Come In Pairs.
Crashing Down.
Conversations And Bedtime Stories.
Beauty In The Breakdown
The Truth About Purgatory.
Of Love And Pie.
About Her (Swan Song)
Family Begins With Love.
Epilogue: Honeymoon.
Author's Note.
Author's Note: Part Two!

Confessions.

2.5K 104 81
By AstralShadows

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
4:37am

My phone vibrated repetitively until I woke up.  I slid my finger across the screen.  In a hushed tone I answered while walking to the bathroom.

"Talk to me," I said.

"____, you've got a job," the voice said.

"You could say hi, Rhett."

"We don't have time for pleasantries.  Big job, high risk, but huge payout."

"I do like money.  Am I your first choice?"

"I wouldn't trust this job to anyone else.  I'm sending the details now."

I pulled the phone from my ear.  An email appeared.  My eyes skimmed over it.  This was big.  I pulled the phone back to my ear.

"You can't be serious," I hissed into the phone.

"Dead serious."

"Who contracted us for this?"

"You know better than to ask that."

"Rhett, can I have some time to-"

"You gotta get going now if you're going to make it to Miami on time."

"Rhett, you're gonna owe me big time for this."

"I know, I got something in the works for you.  Get moving."

"Alright."

I ended the call and shoved the phone into my pocket.  I picked up my clothes and my bag.  I got changed into a new pair of clothes. I tossed the old clothes into the bag and walked out of the bathroom.  I sat back on the bed and gave Dean a shake. He groaned a little, but didn't really respond to me.

"Dean, I have to go.  Work stuff," I said.

"Okay," he groaned.

"I am sorry.  Call me. We'll figure out somewhere to meet up."

"Sounds good."

He wasn't awake.  I grabbed the pen and paper on the nightstand.  After writing a note I slipped it into his jacket.  He'd get it eventually.  It was sad to leave so suddenly, but I didnt have a choice.  This was too big to miss out on.  I grabbed my keys and tossed my bag over my shoulders.  I picked up the bag with my gun inside. I looked back one last time at the sleeping figure.  A half smile spread across my lips.

"See ya, Dean."

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
8:49am

There was banging on the door as Dean shot up.  He looked around the room.  He even patted the bed.  His voice called out to a person who wasn't there.  It suddenly dawned on him that he had done this women before.  And having this feeling kind of sucked.

"Dean," Sam called his name again.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

He pulled his jeans on and walked to the door.  Sam stood at the door looking at his brother.  Dean yawned inviting his brother in.

"Where's ____?" Sam asked.

"Gone I guess."

"Ouch, how's that feel?"

"What's that mean?" Dean asked with a hint of anger.

"Nothing meant by it."

"I don't know what I was expecting.  She's probably not the kind of person who hangs around one place too long."

"Wow, Dean, she really got under your skin, huh?"

"Can it, Sam."

He snickered at his brother's frustration.  Dean grabbed his things as they walked out of the room.  Sam had found a lead on a job.  They were on the road again in no time.  After a few hours they stopped at a gas station.  Dean filled up the car.  Sam grabbed a seat at the diner next door.  Dean parked the impala closer to the diner.  He flicked through his phone to find the latest addition to the phone.  His thumb hesitated over the number.  There was knocking behind him.  Sam held up a piece of paper that read just call her already.  Dean sneered at his brother who was clearly mocking him.  Dean wanted to play it cool.  He didn't want to seem too eager, but he kind of wanted to hear her voice again.  He sighed as he pressed the number.  It started to connect.  The pause before the first ring felt like an eternity.  Why did he feel this way even?  It wasn't a common occurrence that a woman made him so frustrated.  But that wasn't even the right word.  She knew cars, she drank good whiskey, and that body, Dean smirked remembering the night before.

"Talk to me," her voice answered.

"Uh, hey, ____, it's Dean."

"Why Mr. Winchester, I admire your disregard for the three day rule."

"Haha, I admire that love 'em and leave' em style of yours," he retorted.

"I tried waking you, but you slept like the dead."

"Where did you head off to in such a hurry?"

"Got a job.  Couldn't say no."

"Where are you headed?"

"Miami."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, figured I could use a little vacation," I laughed.

"Well, we're grabbing some breakfast and heading out ourselves," he responded.

"Well, I should be expecting a handsome payout for this.  So I'll grab something nice for the next time we cross paths."

"Okay."

"I've got a deadline to meet so I will talk to you later. Take care of yourself."

"You too.  And don't be afraid to call if you get into hot water."

"Yeah, I'll do that."

Dean grinned as the call ended.  He tucked the phone into his pocket.  A piece of paper was tucked inside. He dug it out and unfolded it.

Dean,

Sorry I had to run.  Business calls.  It is kind of a scary job.  But I've dealt with worse.  Maybe I can steal you away for a few days.  We could use a few days off.  Don't worry I'll get something nice for you.  I'll be seeing you.

There was no signature.  Just a kiss mark beneath the hand writing.  It was the same color she had on her lips the very night before.  Dean tucked the note back into his pocket.  He hurried inside to join his brother.

Miami, Florida
11:08am

It was a long drive.  But I arrived with a few hours to spare.  Even I needed to get sleep. Working at night was much better than daylight.  More people are out.  Higher risk to be spotted.  My bike pulled into an alleyway.  I leaned against the bike as I pulled on a pair of gloves.  The backpack dropped on the seat of the bike.  I strapped my knife into its holster.  This one was a vampire.  I looked up the building.  A gun slid into the holster on my other hip.  You could never be too prepared.  It didn't make sense why a vampire would turn someone high up.  Things were really strange these days.  Nothing was making sense anymore.  I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.  I vanished into a quiet room.  A figure slept in the bed.  It was morning so of course a vampire would be sleeping.  Quietly the knife drew from my side.  I stepped closer.  With a quick movement I moved the blade just shy of their neck.  It was them alright.  Their eyes shot open.  My body stepped back.  I raised the blade.

"It took much longer for you to get here than I expected," she said.

"You knew I was coming?" I asked.

"Well of course.  I hired you."

"What?"

"Don't worry, Rhett didn't know."

"What do you want?"

"I want you to complete your job."

I stared at the woman.  She walked around the room.   Not an ounce of fear was in her body.  Just when I thought things couldn't get any stranger this happens.  She sat at the table and lit a cigarette.

"Is this a smoking room?" I asked.

"I'm about to die.  I don't really care," she answered.

"Fair enough."

"So, you've noticed the shift?"

"Things are a little weird."

She held the pack of cigarettes to me.  I shook my head and sat down on the bed.  She took a long drag. The end of the cigarette illuminated before turning back to its dull, red color.  She exhaled the smoke.

"Something big is coming."

"Like what?"

"Not sure, but I feel it.  Something old, something stronger than us.  Thus the rise to power.  Everyone trying to secure the power before it gets here.  We're expendable, we're hunted constantly and if this thing is got the alphas worried.  Well, you know it's big."

"So because of this you're paying me to kill you?"

"Oh, there's much more going on. Much, much more than a little half breed like you'd understand."

"Well, you're making me want to kill you so much easier."

She smashed the cigarette on the table.  I stood up the blade gripped tightly in my hand.  She smirked.  I drew closer to her.  I didn't know why she explained this to me.  But I was paid to do a job and I'd do just that.  I drew the knife back.  It sliced through her neck.  Her head then hit the floor.  There was banging on the door. My head turned to the door.  The door flung off the hinges.  A man and a woman burst in the room.  Their eyes black.  They paused for only a moment.  The woman drew a gun.  It fired lodging a bullet in my right shoulder.  I stumbled back.

"We've been looking for you," the man said.

"What can I say? I'm a busy woman," I smiled.

"Crowley wants to see you now."

"I actually have a date.  So, I gotta go."

In an instant I was gone from the room.  But of course they were waiting for me there.  I rolled my eyes as I gripped the blade tighter.  The first one threw a wide punch.  I grabbed their arm and guided them into the wall. My body moved toward the next one.  They guided themselves onto the blade.  My eyes widened. A light flickered beneath their skin. Their eyes went cold as they fell to the ground.

"No," my voice dropped.

"Uh oh, Crowley is not going to be happy about that," the demon laughed.

"You tricked me."

"Every demon is gonna be gunning for your head."

"You son of a-"

A blade drove into my side.  I knocked his hand away from me.  My foot landed in his stomach.  I ran forward grabbing his head.  With a soft thud it landed against the brick wall. He fell to the ground.  The knife tore from my body as I groaned. I jumped on my bike. My phone in hand dialed the last number to call it.  I put my helmet on and took off.  Dean's voice echoed through the headpiece.

"Hey darlin' couldn't resist me for long?"he asked.

I could hear Sam groaning in the background.  I could practically see that grin of Dean's.  I turned into traffic and took off.  This whole situation sucked.

"Dean, although I'd love to indulge in your confession of love for me, I have pressing matters right now," I said.

"What's going on?"

"I was set up. This job was bullshit. Not completely, but I might be in hot water."

"Where are you?" he asked.

"On my way out of town.  This place is crawling with dem-"

I looked over as a car was heading right for my bike.  The driver grinned.  Black eyes, dammit.  The world is a funny thing.  You can see something like this coming.  And for some reason the world slows down.  In these moments you speak something profound, or see every moment of your life flash before your eyes.

"Well, this is gonna suck," I uttered.

"Huh?" Dean asked.

The car slammed into the bike.  My body hit the car.  The windshield smashed under my back.  The movement sent my body, ever so gracefully, flying over the car.  I landed on the ground.  My head looked through the helmet to see my bike torn to pieces with the moving car.  Ringing filled my ears as I tried to stand up.  Dean's voice echoed around my head.  I tried to focus.  My body stumbled toward the car that was now stopped. There were bits and pieces of debris lodged in my arms and legs.  I looked at my bike with a sigh.  She was totaled. I picked up the bag from my bike.  And everything else I could salvage.

"Well, there goes that bike," I said forgetting I was on the phone.

"Are you listening? What the hell is going on?" Dean asked.

"I got hit by a car.  My bike is totaled."

"Oh, yeah because I am so worried about that hunk o' junk."

"She was a good bike, Dean.  Oh, yeah, I need to ask you for a favor.  Can I hang with you guys for a few days?  I need to lay low."

"I don't have a problem with that, but we're states away."

"Yeah, that's not a problem. Just give me a general vicinity."

"We passed by Columbus, Ohio a while ago."

"Alright.  Now promise me you won't get mad."

"What are you gonna do magically appear in the car?"

Outside Columbus, Ohio
12:03pm

"That's exactly what I was thinking I'd do," I said from the backseat of the car.

The brakes slammed as the car skidded to a halt.  I had never heard such screams from two grown men.  Thankfully they were on some back road where the sudden halt wouldn't cause an accident.  The two spun around in shock. I had a wide grin on my face.

"Nice to see you guys again.  I think I have a little explaining to do," I said.

"You think?  Most things that can teleport like that are things we kill," Sam said.

I noticed both the men had drawn weapons at this point.  Sam looked angry, Dean looked sad more than angry.

"After all this time you still don't trust me?"

"I think you need to explain a few things before we go anywhere else," Dean said with a demanding tone.

"Right, where are my manners? My name is ____ and I'm a cambion."

"You?"

"Oh good, you two know what we are.  That makes my life a thousand times easier."

"There are more?" Sam asked.

"Azazel wasn't the only demon messing kids up.  They had, like, a zillion projects going on. Maybe not that many, but a lot."

"So super secret hunter school?" Dean asked.

"Actually demons trying to get me to be a heartless killer.  But I guess I'm more human than demon," I laughed.

"And now you wanna just hang out with two hunters?"

"What safer place to be?  I just need to lay low for a couple days and I'll be out of your hair."

They looked at each other and then back to me.  I looked between the two.  Sam lowered the weapon in his hand. Dean followed suit. The car started forward again.

"Aw, thanks guys, you won't regret it.  I promise."

"I already am," Dean groaned.

"That hurts, Dean."

"I'll deal with you later."

"Come on, I didn't know if I should tell you.  It's kind of a deal breaker for hunters."

"I wonder why."

"Listen, I'm not a bad person."

"You aren't really a person, are you?"

"I knew I shouldn't have come to you," I sighed.

"Dean," Sam hissed.

My heart felt like it was shattering to pieces.  Not really a person? It sure didn't feel that way.  Sam caught the look in my eyes.  He hit his brother in the arm.  Dean looked back.  My head was drooping toward my chest.

"I didn't mean it like that, ____," Dean said.

He looked back.  Sam turned and shook my shoulder.  My body fell over with the motion.  It was over exertion on my part. The injuries didn't help either.  Sam tried to wake me up, but I was out for the count.

"Dude, that was not okay," Sam growled.

"What? She's not completely human."

"And she's more human than most could turn out.  I know what it's like to have that life shoved down your throat.  It's not a choice she got to make, but she's making the best of it."

"I know, Sam, I know.  It's just a lot to take in at once," Dean sighed, "I know she's not a bad person.  But what if she snaps and-"

"You're over thinking this.  Let's just hurry and get where we need to go.  I'm guessing she'll need some help with those wounds.  I'll let you handle that, Dean."

Sam laughed at his brother.  He occasionally looked back to make sure I was okay.   I slept through the ride.  It was the longest I had slept in awhile.  Even though it probably wasn't smart to be falling asleep after that accident I couldn't really help it.  But I was in good hands.  I knew I'd be fine when I woke up.  Even if Dean still despised me when I woke.  It would hurt, but I'd been through worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.5K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
8.1K 410 33
DeanxOC [AU] ~intense love story, enemies to lovers, forced proximity, trauma~ ~18+~ Dean is devastated, questioning himself and the whole world. Wh...
11.6K 410 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
657 145 31
Two girls, who've never known each other besides the fact that their fathers despise each other, somehow gets involved in the hunt. When Castiel send...