Warpaint | Clexa (Completed)

By thestarryeyedreader

Grounders and Arkadians are warring clans living in the same vicinity. What happens when Clarke, a young pris... More

Chapter 1: Liar Game
Chapter 2: Fireworks
Chapter 3: On The Edge
Chapter 4: Reckoning
Chapter 5: Descision
Chapter 6: Shattered
Chapter 7: Weakness
Chapter 8: Parting Of Ways
Chapter 9: Broken Strings
[Not An Update]
Chapter 11: Life As We Know It
Chapter 12: Once Bitten, Twice...?
Chapter 13: Blood Must Have Blood
Chapter 14: Switched
Chapter 15: Forebodings
Chapter 16: Plans
Chapter 17: Alive
Chapter 18: Decisions
Chapter 19: My People
Chapter 20: Let Her Go
Chapter 21: I'm Your Mother
Chapter 22: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 23: Will You Take A Life With Me?
Chapter 24: Another Love
[Not An Update]
Chapter 25: Wrong Infinities
Chapter 26: Taken
Chapter 27: Her Shield And Sword
Chapter 28: For Her, A Thousand Times Over
Not An Update, But Equally Important!!
Chapter 29: Her Fight Is Over
Chapter 30: Sense Of An Ending
New Story: Another Love
Thank You!
Shameless Self Promotion

Chapter 31: Take Me Back To The Start

6.1K 240 143
By thestarryeyedreader

Come up to meet you, tell you I’m sorry,
You don’t know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you,
Tell you I set you apart

“Lexa? Lexa? Hey, please tell me you can hear me.”

“Clarke, let her go… Clarke?”

“I WILL NOT LET HER GO…”

“She’s bleeding out Clarke… it’s black blood…”

“Yes, and I have grown up with a healer. Octavia, free my mom and get me some bandages…NOW!”

Lexa’s body convulsed softly in Clarke’s arms as the pool of blood grew steadily larger. All Clarke could think about was that she needed those eyelids to open again. She needed to see those green eyes. She wasn’t going to give up. She had grown up seeing gun injuries around her, and a bullet to the stomach gave roughly 20 minutes. She would not give up on Lexa.

“Is there a pulse?”

Clarke looked up to see Abigail bending down over them.

“Mom…mom you have to do something…”

“Yes, I know,” Abby put a calming hand on her daughter’s shoulder. She had put her daughter through enough. She knew what it was like to lose a loved one. She would not let her daughter go through that.

Bellamy and Titus helped put Lexa’s body on a makeshift gurney.

“I’ll do my best, Clarke.”

“I know, mom…I know… you have to save her, ok? She can’t die…she can’t die.”

Tell me your secrets, ask me your questions,
Oh let’s go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails,
Heads on a science apart…
Nobody said it was easy, it’s such a shame for us to part
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start.

The army started pulling out the bodies of the dead soldiers from the rubble. Costia had a bullet to her head. Clarke watched Kane and Lincoln go through the process of restoring the throne room slowly. No one even cast another look as Costia’s body was dumped unceremoniously.

“The only problem is that we cannot have our revenge,” Clarke heard Indra tell Octavia. “She deserves a death by thousand cuts for attacking Heda, and there is nothing we can do…”

Bellamy had been standing beside her throughout, holding her hand. Thankfully, she noted, he had never let go. She looked at the commotion around her, trying to get the Polis tower in order, as her mother tried to save the love of her life, inside the room.

Nothing seemed real anymore. Nothing seemed to make sense. She felt like she was watching the whole scene unfold through another person’s eyes. She didn’t even feel anything anymore.

After a painful hour, the doors of the room opened, and her mother came out.

“The bullet’s out. She’s in coma. We need blood…”

“Aden…” Clarke spoke up, her voice hoarse.

Titus nodded, and went to get Aden, and her mother disappeared behind the doors again.

Clarke slowly sank down against the wall, and sat with her head buried in her palms.

“You okay, Princess?”

“I love her Bell, I don’t know what I’ll do without her…what any of us would do without her…”

“I know…Abby is going to fix her up, ok? She’s fixed worse. Remember old Logan who had accidentally chopped his foot up? She managed to get him back in one piece…”

“Yea, she fixed Monty too…when he got that moonshine poisoning..”

Clarke looked and Bellamy, who put his arms around her reassuringly. “You won’t lose her, Clarke.”

***

I was just guessing, at numbers and figures,
Pulling the puzzle apart,
Questions of science, Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me,
Oh, and I rush to the start

15 years later:

“Do you think Clarke bought that crap about her mother wanting to see her?” Octavia asked Raven excitedly.

“Of course she did! She’s not as smart as I am, is she?”

“Shouldn’t we be following her? Getting pictures in that camera thing Raven made?” Bellamy asked.

“Yea, let’s go…I wonder why I had to get 1200 candles though…”Lincoln wondered aloud. “Someone’s tryin to burn this whole place down!”

---

“Seriously mom! The cliff! It’s almost sundown, and you want me to go to the bloody cliff!”

“It’ll just be 20 minutes in Raven’s car, honey…and with the new short cut road, I think it’ll be even faster. We need those bioluminescent herbs, sweetie, or my patient won’t survive.”

“Fine…” Clarke agreed. “I still don’t see why you can’t send one of your apprentices for stuff like this!”

“Cause you know the place…isn’t it where you and Lexa first—"

“Ok I get the point, stop!” Clarke cut her mother mid sentence. “I’ll be back soon…”

“Or not,” Abigail giggled.

“Excuse me?”

“Just go Clarke! The man is dying! He needs those plants for the love of god!”

As Clarke left, Octavia and Raven came out from behind the pillar. “He needs those plants for the love of god?” Raven laughed. “You go Mama Griffin!”

“Well what are we waiting for? Let us follow Clarke too!” Octavia said and broke into a sprint.

***

15 years earlier

“I don’t know who named her…”

“What?”Raven asked, now seated beside her, opposite the surgery room, along with Bellamy.

“Or what her parents’ names were. Or how terrible and awesome Anya was while training her…”

“Clarke..”

“There’s so much I have to tell her Ray. And so much I have to ask from her. I haven’t even shown her the sketch I made of her, while I was with NouKru…”

“You’ll get time, Clarke…you’ll get your chance…”

“But what if this is..goodbye? I didn’t even get the chance to tell her goodbye…I was so angry with her for the whole Costia thing, I didn’t even get a chance to tell her properly how much I love her and that I need her…”

“Clarke,” she looked up on hearing her mother’s voice. “She’s stabilized…you can go see her now…”

---

“Lexa?”

“Clar..ke”

“You made it,” Clarke half laughed, half sobbed. “You big idiot doofus you made it…”

“What is a doofus…clarke?”

Clarke walked over to her bed and engulfed her in a hug, as much as the wires around her would allow.

“It means an idiot like you with a hero complex! Why would you jump in front of a bullet? Don’t you have a kingdom to run!”

“But I had to save you…I love you…”

“I love you too, Lexa. What were your parents’ names?”

“What?”

“Yes, and who named you? And on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Anya as a trainer? And how does the megadouchebag Titus get to be here? I mean—”

“Clarke…Clarke?”

“Yes?”

“You’ll get a lifetime to ask me everything…I’m not going anywhere!”

“Yea…ohkay…sorry…”

“Don’t be…just shut up and kiss me.”

“What?”

Lexa pulled Clarke closer to her, and sank her lips onto hers.

Clarke sank into the kiss. It seemed to melt all the hurt, pain and worry of the last few days. Lexa was her own personal miracle worker. "Whoa commander! Slow down…kissing your Chief! You don’t want to start a war, do you?”

“You’re worth starting a war over, Clarke Griffin,” Lexa smiled, and Clarke thought that was the most beautiful sight in the world.

***

15 years later:

“Lexa?” Clarke placed her handheld to her ears, and waited through the reception.

“Clarke? Where are you?” the voice on the other side asked.

Clarke got off the jeep and began walking towards the cliff.

“You won’t believe where I am. Mom sent me to get some stuff and I haven’t been here in a decade!”

“Where are you, Clarke?” Lexa laughed.

“We are at our cliff…with all the glowing plants around…and it looks as beautiful as ever!”

“Does it now? Doesn’t the pair of 2 tall trees look beautiful? Like they are hugging each other…”

“Yea,” Clarke laughed, “You remember.”

“And look at those two butterflies in front of you… isn’t that beautiful?”

“Yea it is…hey wait! How do you know that? Where are you?”

Lexa laughed from the other end and Clarke walked into the cave by the cliff.

The whole area had been lit with a thousand candles, glowing in beautiful contrast with the blue bioluminescence around. And amidst them, was the most beautiful person Clarke had ever laid eyes on.

“Lexa? What is all this? What are you doing here?”

Lexa smiled. “I’m here to remind you about the scared teenagers with the weight of the world on their shoulders, who met here and changed their lives forever!”

“Yes, and yes, it had been a difficult journey, but if I had to take the same decisions again, I would do it all in a heartbeat. The exact same decisions….”

“Except maybe tell me that you were trying to kill me, a little earlier…” Lexa laughed.

“Yea, true” Clarke smiled.

“Both of us were very stupid…cinnamon rolls, as Raven would say…”

“Good lord Lexa! Raven’s messing with your head again! Cinnamon roll does not man stupid!”

“Oh ohkay…yea so I was saying that we both did stupid things, but it all made me realize how much I love you and how much love I have received from you…” Lexa went down on her knees.

“Oh my freaking god! Lexa what the hell are you doing?”

“What does it look like?” Lexa gulped, and smiled nervously.

“I don’t know what crazy ideas Raven and Octavia have given you…”

“And Abigail too,” Lexa smirked. “So the point is I have spent a lifetime serving my people. And now the kingdom has achieved a peace that will be very difficult to break. I have given my people all I have. And so now, I want to live out the rest of my time with the most gorgeous zombie I’ve ever met…”

“OH MY GOD LEXA STOP BELIEVEING RAVEN AND DO NOT EVER CALL ME A ZOMBIE AGAIN!”

“Oh okay... I mean I want to live with the most beautiful and brave person I’ve met…”

“Will you let it out, Lexa?”

“Clarke Griffin, will you accept my proposal for union and accept my hand for marriage?”

“Yes Alexandra kom Trikru, I will marry you, you magnificent dork!”

“YAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!SHE SAID YES!!!!!!CLARKEYYYYYY!!!!MY DAUGHTER!!!YOHOOO GRIFF!!!!”

Clarke and Lexa turned around to blinding flashes from Raven’s camera and the excitement of their friends.

Clarke hugged her mother. “I’m getting married, mom! To Lexa!”

“I know honey..and I’m so happy and proud of you!”

“You did it Heda,” Bellamy patted Lexa on the shoulder, and smiled.

“We’re gonna have a party bitches!”

Octavia shouted and hugged Clarke ferociously, followed by Raven.

“My PrincessCommander ship is sailing, boyssssss!” Raven fist pumped the air.

“Now I know what all those candles were for…” Lincoln said.

Clarke and Lexa looked at each other, and smiled. They had made it through. All was well.

THE END

A/n:
And that is it. The end. Thank you for reading this all this time. I hope the story made your days a little better somehow. Let me know how you liked the whole story and the ending. You guys were lovely readers and all those votes and comments... Especially the comments kept me writing this. You all are beautiful people. Thank you, and goodbye.
*Charlie out!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 1.6K 23
A Multi-perspective tale. As Clarke and Lexa share that kiss, the two begin to have mixed feelings about one another. Clarke is unsure when the right...
89.5K 2.5K 14
Clarke's father is put on life support, and becoming Lexa Woods's girlfriend is her last chance at paying his bills. It was supposed to be about mone...
24.9K 929 66
You want a battle? I'll give you a war. A dying Ark sends 100 juvenile delinquents down to earth to see if its survivable after the nuclear war sever...
149K 2.9K 24
❝Maybe you are not that good of a Queen to your people, Clarissa kom Skai Kru.❞ She is Clarke's sister, as close to a sister as it is allowed on the...