The Face of Another

By saltyshimx

Her name is Dazai Isana. Her ability is The Face of Another. But why hasn't anyone ever heard of her? After a... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Epilogue
AN

Nineteen

1.2K 63 57
By saltyshimx

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER?!"

Sharon shouted as soon as she walked into Isanas office, finding her boss and friend lying dead in the arms of her brother. She sprinted over to them and pushed Osamu away, taking Isana into her arms. She had really grown onto Isana and loved her like a sister.

"I-I did nothing, I swear!" Osamu quickly said and raised his hands as a mean of innocence, not taking his eyes off of his sister, tears still flooding down his cheeks, but slowly they were out of anger. He would kill Kunikida for doing this.

"Isana?" A voice yelled in the hallway and seconds later a familiar, copper haired male ran into the room, stopping abruptly as he saw the sight before him.

Isana, lifeless in Sharon's arms, blood still flowing out of her wound.

Sharon, holding Isana tight and mourning over the death of her friend and sister.

And lastly, Osamu, all bloodied, crying, not taking his eyes off of his sister.

It took Chuuya a while to realize what exactly had happened, before it hit him like a truck. He sunk to his knees, staring at Isana in disbelief. He couldn't believe it...he didn't want to. He just couldn't.

Then his eyes slowly turned their gaze to Osamu, before the sadness and confusion turned into anger and he lunged at the taller male, slamming him into the wall behind him and holding him there by the collar of his shirt.

"What the fuck did you do, Dazai?" Chuuya snarled but Osamu could clearly hear the pain in his voice as he spoke.

"I did nothing." Osamu snapped back, before he finally tore his gaze away from Isana. "Kunikida was it. He apparently wrote her a letter about me having finally committed suicide and succeeded. And now she killed herself."

He was surprised that he managed to speak so clearly, as tears slowly came to a stop. But now he could see them start to shimmer in Chuuyas eyes, although anger was still dominant, as he growled "I'm going to kill him."

"I'll help you." Osamu replied with a hint of anger also showing in his voice now.

"President, I have news about Dazai Isana."

Kunikida spoke as he entered Fukuzawa's office. The president of the agency looked up and watched the blond male, waiting for him to continue.

"She committed suicide." Kunikida said and he swore that for a split second, there was a shift in Fukuzawas eyes, but that could've been his imagination.

"Good. Now we'll wait for the Mafia to crumble." Fukuzawa said, when suddenly a loud crash came from the main office and a voice yelled "KUNIKIDA!"

Kunikida frowned, before he bowed towards Fukuzawa and headed outside to check what was going on. There stood Dazai and Chuuya. And obviously they seemed to fight together. Kunikida also had an idea why.

"How could you?" Dazai asked as he glared at Kunikida, who replied "She would've died anyways." "And why didn't you tell me?" "Because you would've stopped me if I did." Kunikida snapped and glared back.

"You're right, I would've, because you know what? You've got my little sister on your conscience now. Are you happy?"

"She was the enemy."

"SHE WAS MY SISTER! THE ONLY FAMILY I HAD LEFT!" Dazai yelled, anger clearly present on his face. Chuuya beside him already took off his gloves, slowly, so it would go unnoticed.

"Well I'm sorry Dazai, but they're our enemies, she was our enemy." Kunikida replied. As the Agency agents gathered on his side, a few Port Mafia workers gathered on Dazai's and Chuuya's. Under them we're Jack and Charles, glaring the agents on the other side down.

"Oh Grantors of Dark Disgrace..." Chuuya whispered, his lips barely moving as he continued to glare at the other side.

"Do Not Wake Me Again." And when Kunikida realized what would happen next, it was already too late.

Where am I?

Dazai thought to himself. The room was bright and he laid in a bed. Sitting up and looking around, he began to recognize the room. His old home.

A bark tore him out of his thoughts and second later, a small bundle of fur jumped onto his bed and began to jump around on his legs, barking happily.

"Totoro?" Osamu asked with a small frown. It was the dog he and his sister had owned when they were younger and still had their parents. He died though shortly after their parents did.

For a split second, his eyes widened. Am I dead?

"Nii-san." He turned his head towards the voice and found his sister standing in the doorframe, a sad smile on her face. "Isa..." he breathed, before he quickly got to his feet and rushed over to her, hugging her tightly. The taller male felt tears come to his eyes.

"You're not dead yet." Isana whispered as she wrapped her arms around her brother, leaning her head against his shoulder. "Can you see them?" She quietly asked.

"Who?" Osamu questioned, not letting go of Isana. A small chuckle left her lips as she replied "Then you're on the edge."

"What do you mean?" Osamu asked a little confused, to which she then said "Mom and dad. They're here with me." Osamus eyes widened as the tears slowly threatened to spill.

"Since you can't see them, you're almost dead. If you were dead, you could see them. And you could see him." Isana spoke, slowly pulling back from the hug with a sad smile, tears already rolling down her cheeks. She hated herself that all of this happened.

"What do you mean? Who could I see?" Osamu asked with a frown, as he laid his hands on his sister's cheeks, gently brushing the tears away.

"He told me everything that happened, how you stormed the agency and how he..." Isana couldn't continue as her own sob prevented her. She tried her best to hold it back but she knew she couldn't. He would see through her anyways.

"I didn't want any of this to happen." Isana sobbed, as Osamu pulled her close to him again, holding her tight and brushing a hand through her hair in comfort. "If I wouldn't have become the new boss of the Mafia, then it wouldn't have ended this way."

Osamu let her cry into his chest, for as long as she wanted to. It didn't take her long to calm down again, before she quietly managed to say "Chuuya is here with me."

The taller male's eyes widened as he slowly remembered. Chuuya had used Corruption but before Osamu had the chance to nullify him, he himself went down and that's most likely how he ended up here. So Chuuya...

"I'm sorry Dazai, I didn't want to do this but you left me no choice. Now stop taking your precious time and wake up you asshole." The familiar voice of Kunikida rang through his head.

"You should go." Isana softly spoke, pulling back out of his embrace once more. The single tear that rolled down her older brother's cheek had caught her eye, as she then gently laid her hand on his cheek and brushed the tear away with her thumb.

"Nii-san, can you do me a favor?" Isana then asked, watching the taller male. Osamu gave her a sad smile as he replied "Of course. Anything for you, Isa."

"Please stay alive. Stay alive, for me." She said, before adding "And don't let the promise you made years ago hold you back from what you really want to do."

Of course she'd know about the promise Osamu made to his long dead friend, Oda Sakunosuke. A low sigh left Osamus lips as he remembered the promise he had made, before he said "I won't. And I'll live as long as I can, for you."

Isana smiled at those words and hugged him once more.

"I love you, nii-san." She whispered with her soft smile and soothing voice, before everything faded into white. But he still found himself whispering

"I love you too, Isa."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1.1K 12
Vampires and abilities exist in this world. Dazai Osamu, a well known Vampire works with the Armed Detective Agency in Yokohama. Lately there has bee...
278K 9K 137
Y/n, is a girl who is a fan of the anime "Bungou Stray Dogs." Until, she wakes up finding out that she has been sent to a world where the anime and h...
423K 15K 47
"So you came back, huh?" She disappears for 2 years, leaving her subordinate and other friends behind. No one knew as to why she left, or why she jus...
218K 6.6K 16
To the moon she has prayed, the moonlight grants it... After destroying the place that had imprisoned her for so long, (Y/n) (L/n) now seeks for the...