Reflecting their own light: R...

بواسطة MindyRoot

Picking up where the revival left off, we find Rory and Logan making their own way. They say there are two si... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 0.5 (Preface)
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13.5
Chapter 14.5
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17.5
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20.5
Chapter 21.5
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23.5
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26.5
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31.5
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34.5
Chapter 35.5
Epilogue

Chapter 2.5

2.7K 47 11
بواسطة MindyRoot

I watched as the car pulled up to my building.  I recognized the car from the service I'd ordered.  The car stopped.  I nodded to the driver as I'd given instructions for me to let Rory out.  I wanted to be the first person she saw when she got here.  I stood for a moment, gathering my courage to open the door and see the love of my life.  I took a deep breath, opened the door, and reached my hand in the back.  One thing I can say for my family is they did teach me the proper manners of a gentleman.  I felt a hand touch mine.  The sparks shot through my hand, up my arm, and through the rest of my body.  Without seeing her, I knew Ace had touched me.  There was no denying the electricity between us.

The driver handed me her bag.  I put my hand on the small of her back, and led her inside.  We take the elevator to my apartment.  I close the door behind us, and set her bag down.  I take her hands in mine, drawing her closer to me.  I stop and gaze into her piercing blue eyes.  They seemed to stare back into my soul.  I put my hands on either side of her face, draw her lips to mine, and kiss her gently.  I pull back after only a moment.  I need to keep control of myself.  I can't get swept away.

I take a step back, holding her hands at a slight distance.  It was far enough to get a good look at her, drinking in every detail.  It felt like ages had passed since New Hampshire, but it was less than two months ago.  Something about her had changed, but I couldn't figure out what it was.  It was as if she was glowing, like Honor had when she was pregnant.  Could Rory be pregnant?  Was it mine?  I doubt she'd been with anyone else, but she was seeing that Peter guy, or was it Paul?  But were they still together?  Highly unlikely since she was here with me.  No better time to ask, and I figured direct would be the best approach.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Ace?"

"Why do you ask?" she replied, coyly.

"You can't hide it.  I know.  You have always been beautiful, and now you're glowing," I said, knowingly.

"Huntzberger, you never cease to amaze me!" she said.  I could see relief on her face.  She'd hid her nervousness very well.

"I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess you are about 6 weeks along."

"How...wow...." she said, finding herself at a loss for words, which was very rare for this beauty.

"Do I have to ask?" I replied, grinning.  I knew this had to be a direct result of the most perfect night of my life.  I felt the magic that night, like nothing I'd ever felt before.

"No," she replied.  "It's yours.  Ours."

Ours.  I loved the sound of that.  The two of us created something amazing that was now growing inside her.  I wondered why she didn't tell me sooner.  I know if I were her, I'd be apprehensive as well.  There was my impending wedding, and the Vegas deal.  So, it's not as if we'd really discussed having kids.  I've never really been known to be overly excited about having children of my own, due to my own relationship with my parents and their dynastic plan.  If I had gotten married to Odette, we would have been expected to procreate to ensure the next generation of Huntzbergers.  This would have led to the complete transformation into my father.  With Rory, I knew that wouldn't happen because it's something we both wanted, and not something that was merely the result of expectations.

"I kept having this nagging feeling that something was different.  Something told me to go to you, but I couldn't.  I was deeply entrenched in this dynastic plan.  My God, Rory, I nearly married her!  The clock was ticking down, and then I got a call saying my father was in the hospital after a massive heart attack.  I knew, at that moment, that life was too precious to throw everything I love out the window for some business plan my father had concocted.  I couldn't live my life without you, and now the baby!  I took my father's heart attack as a sign, a sign I needed to be true to myself!  I was so unhappy and found myself going to a dark place.  Through the dark, I had found my life and you are that light, Rory!  I love you!" I said, letting the words flow without a filter.  I felt my control slipping.

I pulled her close, wrapped an arm around her waist and the other hand wrapped around her neck.  I drew her close and kissed her with reckless abandon.  The intensity and passion overtook me.  It were as if she had some sort of hold over me that rendered me powerless in her arms.  The electricity flowed through our bodies, and I knew if I didn't stop soon, we'd end up in bed without thinking twice.  I slowly ended the kiss.  I felt Ace fall against my body, wrapping her arms around me.  I held her even closer without smashing her.  It was the best feeling in the world.

"Logan," she said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, Ace?"

"I love you," she said, just above a whisper.

"I love you, too, Ace."

I held her in my arms for a few more minutes.  Then I escorted her to the living room.  I knew if I stayed in her arms we'd never get anything accomplished.  I want so much more than that right now.  I wanted our bodies to reconnect.  There's something about the pregnancy glow that's shifting my hormones into overdrive.  Somehow, I had to redirect myself to the task at hand.

"Can I get you something to drink?"

"You have to ask what I want to drink?  Don't you remember who you're talking to?"

"Ace, you're having a baby!  Please don't tell me you've been drinking coffee like before!" I replied, only a little worried.

"Logan, I haven't had any coffee today, or much of anything for that matter.  Morning sickness is no joke!  It reminds me of drinking too much Founder's Day Punch!  Right now, I don't feel any of that, so I'd like some coffee!" she retorted, smiling at me.

God, I loved that smile.  It touched me deep inside, making me feel things I'd never felt with any other woman.  I hadn't even considered the morning sickness.  I wish I could take that away, but I could only try to help at this point.

I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee for her, but I realized I'd made regular and she should probably have decaf.  Thankfully, I always kept some decaf on hand.  It was a habit I'd gotten into since my Dad had a tendency to drop by in the late afternoon while I was living in London.  I brewed a fresh cup for her, figuring she wouldn't even notice the difference.  I grabbed the mug, and walked back to the living room.  I couldn't help but smile because she was here with me.  There was nothing in our way of happiness.  I hand her the cup.

"Decaf.  You gave me decaf!  The nose knows, Huntzberger!"

"Ace," I laughed.  "I guess they are right about pregnancy increasing your sense of smell."

"I've had this ability my whole life!  Did you forget who my mother is?" she responded, jokingly.

It seems to have slipped my mind that coffee is serious business in the Gilmore house.  I should have known better than trying to slip Rory decaf coffee.  Lorelai was basically the Mr. Miyagi of coffee.

"Maybe you can get used to it, or it will be a long 8 months for you, Ace!" I replied.

"I suppose you're right.  Decaf is better than no coffee," she said, defeated.

"I guess we should figure out our next step.  I love you, Rory.  I don't want to live my life without you.  I've already talked to Mitchum.  Although he doesn't like that I broke his precious business deal, he has softened a bit.  Who knew he even had a heart to have a heart attack?  He told me, he'd respect my decision.  He actually admitted he liked you.  Maybe not as much as he liked the business deal, but it's a beginning.  Mom is still checked into some spa.  She has no idea about the ended engagement.  I doubt she'll hold much leverage since Grandpa isn't here to back her up," I paused.  I shifted off the couch and onto one knee in front of Ace.  I pulled the ring box from my pocket and opened it towards her.  I just couldn't wait any longer to propose.  Timing be damned!  I had planned to do this before I knew she was carrying our child.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to spend the rest of my life with you.  I've known since the day I met you that you were special.  Rory, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man on Earth?

The only way I could be any happier than I was at this moment was if she said yes to me.  I looked at her and saw the tears welling up.  These seemed to be tears of joy as she nodded her head yes, unable to get the words out.  I'd managed to render her speechless twice in one day.  That must be a new record.  I took the coffee from her hands and wrapped her in my arms.  I was unbelievably happy and couldn't wait to share the news with the guys.

"Don't cry," I said as I wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"You make me so happy, Logan!"

She had no idea!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

877K 17.3K 116
This story picks up where "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" leaves off-- Lorelai and Luke are married and Rory announces she is pregnant. How does...
69.5K 1.7K 52
This story takes place 7 years after Rory turned down Logan's proposal. What happens when Logan and Rory run into each other in New York City? Loga...
7.8K 220 23
Instead of Rory saying no she says yes!!! This is a story about what is going to happen after Rory says yes to Logan!
4.7K 218 3
After saying goodbye to her favorite people in New Hampshire, Rory tries to put the pieces of her life back together. She's not having any luck in r...