Fadeless Solitude [Kise Ryout...

By kisekiyukira

| Kise Ryouta x OC | Love. Hate. Betrayal. Tears. That was what shared between these two hearts that were tr... More

Prologue
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Page 5

145 5 1
By kisekiyukira

/ Kise the stalker : and I know you're thinking the same thing too... - sent 00:20 /

.

Kise stared at his phone the moment he tapped on the 'sent' button. He finally did it. He didn't know what give him the courage to be so bold in his messages but at the very least, he wanted her to know that he was sincere – and that he was trying to make amends for their past. Rolling in his bed, Kise ran his fingers through his silky, blond tresses – a habit since he was a child whenever he felt nervous or frustration.

Blinking in the dark, Kise forced himself to be awake – fighting back the sleepiness as much as he could. After all, what if Harucchi responded to his text? What will she think if he was asleep? A sudden realization hit him hard.

Is Harucchi awake right now to begin with?

He was now frowning. She replied to his messages a while ago and throughout the years of their friendship, he found out that Harucchi doesn't go to bed that early. Usually, she'll stay up late just for some weird reasons – playing her computer games, watching anime, watching some TV shows or reading a book.

Honestly, Harucchi was truly unpredictable.

And, Harucchi was completely different from him. As an athlete – and a model – he went to bed quite early for boys the same age as him. His classmate gave him a puzzled look when Kise told him that he went to bed early once. Kise often wondered whether it was an outlandish habit, so he will tell his worries to her but Harucchi will just shrugged it off and said, "You are who you are, Kise. People's thought shouldn't bother you much."

A rueful smile now played on his lips.

Ever since he met Harucchi, she was the one to be able to see through the real him, accepting him and befriending him with no ulterior motive. Just a single mistake and now, he had lost everything concerning her.

He had lost her trust, her companion and her friendship – something that he had come to cherish and love.

But, he had lost Harucchi.

And he was scared he won't ever get her back.

A thousand of nameless emotions stirred up within his heart.

Clutching his phone close to him, Kise willed himself to close his eyes and dozed off because after all, Harucchi must be asleep now, right?

I hope Harucchi read my message, though.

.

/ Harucchi () : dammit Kise, don't stalk me baka =.=" - sent 00:47 /

.

What the hell that was supposed to mean?

Was Kise some sort of a telepathic genius now?

Haruki was about to drop her phone on the floor the moment she read his message – luckily she didn't though. What an absurd thought was what she wanted to say but the words stuck within her. After all, she did exactly as what Kise wrote to her. She was indeed reminiscing about their first meeting over and over again in her head.

Why isn't he asleep right now? That high-pitched voice, basketball baka!

Thanks to him, she wasted more than half an hour staring at the words on her phone's screen. Huffing to herself, she looked at the time and made her way to her bed.

00:46 hrs

Quickly, she typed back her reply and sent it to Kise. Muttering some unintelligible words, she went to sleep and a soft smile tugged on her lips that night.

.

She tried, really.

But she couldn't, unfortunately.

Haruki could barely sleep after she received Kise's message last night. Last midnight, to be precise but who cares. The words kept on replaying inside her mind like a broken record and she started to feel really annoyed. Why did everything to do with Kise Ryouta manage to make her caught off guard and uncomfortable? Why did he – a weird guy who flashed his smile at everyone, literally – made her heart feel so many unsettling feelings?

Haruki glanced at the small alarm clock by her bedside.

07:13 hrs

Sighing, she got up from her bed. It was weekend and usually, she won't be up for probably another hour or two, but thanks to a certain someone, she was wide awake.

More reasons to hate Kise Ryouta.

Just as she was about to go into the bathroom for a bath, her phone that she left on her study table buzzed. Wondering who might be texting her in the morning, she grabbed it and unlocked the password – quickly sliding down the notification bar.

It was Ayame.

What did she want from her in such early hours?

More importantly, isn't she normally asleep at this hour?

Haruki tapped on the 'message' icon and read the message Ayame sent to her. It might be important after since it was Ayame – that one friend that usually lost on Dreamland until the clock struck noon – and she was making such effort to text her in the morning, so it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

At least that was what she thought before reading it.

/ Ayame is Hime-sama : haruuuu-chaaaan! guess what? – sent 07:04 /

/ Ayame is Hime-sama : remember what I said about the model slash copycat? – sent 07:04 /

/ Ayame is Hime-sama : come to our usual place okay – sent 07:05 /

/ Ayame is Hime-sama : make sure you come haaarrruuuuuu-chaaaaaaaan! – sent 07:05 /

Haruki held the urge to roll her eyes. So her friend woke up that early just because to see that basketball baka? And Ayame was asking her to come with her? Of course, the answer was obvious.

There's no way I'll go!

Huffing, she placed her phone on the table. Seriously, these people needed to calm down. What did girls expect when they went to meet their favourite idols? Not like they will notice every fans that made their way to the event or something.

A moment later, there was an incoming call on her phone.

"So, Haru-chan? Are you coming?"

The voice on the other line was cheerful and energetic. Haruki frowned at her friend's enthusiasm – sometimes, they were like rays of sunshine that never fades , and it was annoying sometimes – before replying, "What do you want, Mayuri?"

"Come on! You know what I want."

"No, if you don't tell me."

"I assumed Aya already texted you..."

Haruki sighed for the umpteenth time. Why did her friends were so hell bent on meeting Kise Ryouta? She doesn't understand what makes them so head over heals with him. Rather, she had been feeling weird whenever they talk about him.

Not that she'll admit anything, but seriously – this was getting out of hands.

"I think you already know my answer, Mayuri."

"Yes, and that's exactly why I'm calling you now – to help you change your mind!"

"And what makes you think that I'll ever change my mind?" Haruki raised a brow, albeit knowing that her friend wasn't there to look at her.

"Haru-chan," she heard Mayuri sighed softly, "You need to stop that okay."

"Stop what exactly?"

"Lying to yourself. I know it's hard for you – after what happened in middle school and all, but I want you to be happy. And right now, your happiness lies upon your communication with Kise."

Haruki gritted her teeth. "You're definitely planning this, aren't you?"

"You know me well, friend. Either way, I'm just going to drag you out if you don't show up during the fan-signing event."

"You'd better not."

"You'd better come, then. See you."

With that, the call ended.

Haruki let out another long sigh.

Stealing a glance at her wardrobe, she murmured to herself, "Today's going to be a long day..."

.

Kise felt himself literally beaming when he found out that Haruki replied to his message. A grin made its way to his lips and he felt that maybe – maybe – he still stood a chance to win her back. If it was true, he'll do whatever it takes to amend their relationship. He was a complete idiot back then – maybe he still was – but he had change for the better. He began to see the wrong deeds he had inflicted upon her in the past.

A sudden wave of guilt hit him hard.

The cheery, euphoric feeling he felt earlier was gone almost instantly. Kise gripped his phone tightly, wondering when did he become so cruel and thoughtless.

But, it was no use crying over spilt milk.

/ Harucchi () : dammit Kise, don't stalk me baka =.=" - sent 00:47 /

He stared at the message Haruki sent him, contemplating.

Maybe Harucchi doesn't hate me that much!

He jumped out from his bed, with his phone on his hand and dialled a certain number.

"She replied back!" he said enthusiastically to the other, not bothering with any formal greetings anymore.

A soft chuckled was heard, before the person spoke with confidence, "See? I've told you so..."

"So, what about today?" Kise ran his fingers through his hair, nervously biting his lips.

"Don't worry, everything's going to be fine. Trust me."

"I trust you, Kimuracchi!"

.

Hey people I'm back from my long term writer's block. Honestly, I've lost my inspiration for this story – but don't worry! I'm back and I'm planning to finish writing this story as soon as possible so that maybe I can write more stories. Reviews and votes are much appreciated. And please pardon my lame grammar, thank you.

Yasss

kisekiyukira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 21.4K 13
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
2.7M 60.2K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
267K 385 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy 💕 don't be s...
607K 30.8K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...