Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Thirty One

30.5K 1.9K 263
By WriterAnisha_2307

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

Rihan comments with an amused chuckle, "Wow!"

Armaan leans back in his chair and stares at the ceiling. He just shared Kavya's words with Rihan, which she said on the engagement night to provide him comfort on losing the project.

Armaan voices his doubt, "Rihan, I don't understand how she believed in me? We had barely spent time together, in which, all I did was trick her to marry me."

Rihan rolls his eyes, hearing his arrogant friend's blunt confession, but stays quiet and doesn't interrupt.

Armaan continues with a frown, "And about my work, I had discussed for merely 7-10 minutes. Then what gave her the confidence to believe in me and my work?"

Rihan smiles to himself and thinks, 'Because she loves you, Idiot.'

But doesn't say the same out loud and observes Armaan, who is rubbing his temples to get rid of the stress lines.

Armaan continues to stare at the ceiling and states, "I don't understand, what I should do further? How to approach Kavya for forgiveness and work on the mistakes, I have committed."

Rihan leans against the wall and silently observes his friend, who is behaving different lately.

The Armaan, he knew, has the capabilities to take over this situation and force his decisions on Kavya. He believed, if Armaan determines, then nothing and no-one can stop him

But seeing him guilty, helpless and scared, somewhere makes Rihan happy. His wait to find true emotions in his arrogant friend has finally come to an end.

Rihan's chain of thoughts came to an abrupt halt, when Armaan sighs in helplessness and states, "Kavya is so unpredictable and different from the time I met her in Delhi. I mean, she wasn't this rigid and angry there. Sometimes, I feel she is a complete stranger."

Rihan chuckles and responds bluntly, "That's because she wasn't disowned by a family member after being used."

His words hit Armaan's heart as poisonous arrows, but he knew, Rihan is speaking the truth. Who wouldn't react after being used and disowned by her husband, her family?

Rihan continues, grabbing his attention, "So, it's not her fault, Armaan. You were so blind with your selfish benefits, that you never noticed any of her qualities."

Armaan shifts his gaze to Rihan, who accuses him with a glare, "During your meetings, you met Kavya with the intention to trick her to marry you. You only thought of yourself."

Rihan knew, he is crossing the limits, but he needed Armaan to realise his mistakes, where he was wrong and how he ruined an innocent life.

So, he continues, "Did you ever attempted to know who Kavya is? What are her likes and dislikes? What are her aims and ambitions? What does she expects from you? In fact, what she herself shared, half of that, you don't even remember because you were uninterested in her."

Armaan lowers his gaze, feeling guilty for using her as a medium for keeping his rights safe in the company.

Rihan answers for Armaan, "No you didn't bothered for anything Armaan, because for you RGC is everything, even above the life of an innocent girl. Whereas Kavya-

He moves closer and continues, "She met you with the intention of spending the rest of her life with you. She wanted to know you, understand your way of living and accept everything which relates to you. She didn't keep any personal benefit, Armaan, in fact, she kept mutual benefits, so you both could share a healthy bond and that's the reason my friend, she believed in you."

Rihan smiles, seeing the guilt increasing in Armaan's eyes and he steps closer to ask with a smirk, "Am I right, Armaan? Didn't she think of mutual benefits? Didn't she care for you?"

Armaan doesn't answer and remembers an incident, which happened a few days before the engagement, when they were having dinner in a restaurant.

FLASHBACK

Restaurant, Delhi

Kavya and Armaan arrive at a restaurant for a candle light dinner, arranged by Yash.

She plays with the corners of the napkin in nervousness and glances at Armaan, who is busy eating his dinner.

She calls his name in a soft, low voice to initiate a conversation, "Armaan."

Armaan shifts his gaze to her and Kavya asks with hesitation clear in her eyes, "Can I ask you something?"

He gives a positive nod and thinks, 'Now what she wants to ask?'

Kavya asks with a hint of concern in her tone, "Are you happy with the arrangements of our marriage?"

Armaan frowns in confusion and Kavya clarifies, "I mean, during our discussions of our wedding, everyone is giving their opinions, expressing their wishes, but you didn't say anything. Armaan, don't you have any wish?"

Armaan lowers his gaze and adjusts his tie, while thinking of an excuse to escape from this situation.

He explains, "Kavya, whatever you and others have decided is perfect. Actually, I am impressed with your selections and ideas, so I don't participate in the discussion."

Kavya reasons, "But Armaan, marriage is a relationship of two persons, your opinions and wishes matters to me."

Armaan stares at Kavya, as the discomforting feeling engulfs his senses, making him feel suffocated. And Kavya places her hand over Armaan's hand, resting on the table, increasing his discomfort.

Kavya continues, "I want you to tell me what you want, Armaan. What are your likes and dislikes? I want to know everything about you, so we don't develop differences in our opinion later. I want to know you, Armaan."

PRESENT TIME

Armaan is pulled out of his memory lane by his phone ringtone. He glances around and didn't find Rihan anywhere. He sighs and disconnects the call, not willing to talk with anyone now.

Armaan thinks, 'I was truly too blind to notice, Kavya was making efforts to understand me. But I ruined everything. I am sorry, Kavya.'

He raises to his feet and decides to go home early, so he can get a chance to have dinner with Kavya and talk with her.

Living Room, Armaan's Mansion

Mary smiles, reading Kavya's msg, which says -

I will stay at Ruhi's place for the night. We have got 8 admissions for advance training, so she offered yummy, cheesy pizza for dinner, which I couldn't deny. Plus, we need to practice and purchase the equipment.

I will meet you tomorrow evening. Miss me, Mary because I am already missing you.

Mary sends a reply -

I am missing you since morning and was waiting for you, but it's alright, enjoy the evening and take proper rest.

Mary places her phone back in her uniform pocket and glances up to find Armaan entering the living room. She greets him and Armaan asks, after greeting back, "Did she return?"

Mary shakes her head in negative and reports, "She is staying at her friend Ruhi's place for the night."

Armaan questions in shock, "For the night?"

Mary gives a short nod and Armaan sighs in helplessness. He closes his eyes and loosens the tie, while murmuring curses to himself.

Mary presses her lips to control her giggles, seeing Armaan in this state and clears her throat, drawing his attention and asks, "Should I arrange your dinner?"

Armaan shakes his head and informs, "I am not hungry."

He makes his way towards his room, leaving a smiling Mary behind.

Armaan's Room

Armaan stands near the floor length window, glancing outside. He has removed his blazer with tie and unbuttoned first two buttons of his shirt.

The incidents of the day and Kavya's struggle keep haunting his mind, while he takes sip of whiskey from the glass in his hand.

Armaan thinks, 'I don't know what to do? Kavya thinks of me as her landlord only, but I can't blame her, she has all the rights to stay annoyed and call me with whatever title she prefers. I have to work hard to reach at good talking terms, so I can justify myself.'

He stays engrossed in his thoughts, when the door of the room opens and Mary enters with a tray of food in hand. She sighs, gazing the whiskey glass in him hand, who is still staring outside.

Mary scolds, while entering and catching his attention, "What pleasure do you get in spoiling your health by consuming alcohol?"

Armaan smirks at her words and turns to find Mary placing the tray on the table. Without uttering a word, he walks towards the single luxurious black armchair and takes his seat.

He moves his hand to take another sip, but Mary snatches the glass from his grip and shoves a glass of juice in his hand.

Mary scolds, while glaring, "Stop spoiling your health."

Armaan warns, "Mary."

Mary continues to glare and offers, "You can fire me and throw me out of your home, I won't complain, but I can't see you spoiling your health."

Armaan couldn't stop himself from smiling at her caring nature. Mary has always taken care of him, without even asking and for some reasons, Armaan never stops her from ordering him. He always enjoyed the motherly affection, she showered and respected her with whole heart.

But Kavya's thoughts clouds his mind again and he leans back in the chair, silently taking a sip of the juice. He rests his head, back against the chair and closes his eyes.

Armaan calls her name, in a low voice, after a moment, "Mary."

Mary shifts her gaze to him and observes his posture. She understands his state of mind within a second, she leaves her work and walks around the chair to stand behind Armaan.

She combs his hair with her fingers gently, making him sigh in relaxation. They remain silent for a moment, before Mary decides to enquire.

Mary asks with concern, "What happened, Armaan?"

Armaan confesses in a low voice, "Everything seems so complicated, Mary. I know I am at fault. But...but at that time, I was helpless. Dad was threatening me and Mom supported him, instead of understanding me. They were well aware of my passion towards work and knew RGC is my life, but they still used it against me. I tried to convince them, but they disagreed and I was forced to do, whatever they instructed."

Mary consoles in a soft voice, while finger combing his hair, "I understand, dear."

Armaan takes a deep breath and informs, "But when I started spending time with Kavya, I don't know why I felt the urge to confess everything to her before marriage. I didn't want her to suffer and was ready to risk RGC for her."

Mary smiles, sensing the emotions in his voice. This confession gave Mary an assurance, Armaan has some feelings for Kavya.

He continues after a brief pause, "I was about to confess the truth on the engagement night, but that incident happened and I had to come here, at Mumbai. Then I never got an opportunity till the wedding."

Mary's smile fades, but she didn't react and continues to finger comb Armaan's hair.

Armaan continues, "The night we landed in Mumbai, I confessed everything and assured her, I will take best care of her and will give her the similar luxurious life. I guaranteed to take her responsibility and I thought she will understand."

Taking a deep breath, he continues, "But Kavya....she took everything in a complete opposite way. She opted for a struggling life and denied to depend on me for anything. She made me her landlord and fights back on anything I do. I agree, I provoked her, but she doesn't listen to me, I am not her enemy, Mary. I...she just..."

Armaan didn't say anything further and tightens his grip on the glass, as he recollects how Kavya tore the cheque on his face. Then the flashes of her struggle makes him loosen his grip and increase his guilt.

Mary smiles at his restlessness and questions, "So you want to take her responsibility and expect her to depend on you for her needs?"

Armaan gives a confident nod, making Mary smirk in response and demand, "But tell me something Armaan, when you said you don't believe in this marriage and will never consider her as your wife. Then on what basis, should Kavya depend on you?"

Armaan furrows his eyebrows in confusion and stares at the wall ahead, while thinking of an answer.

Mary continues, "Why will she depend on you, after you abandoned her?"

Armaan couldn't say a word in response and Mary continues, "Armaan, I can understand your situation and I can even understand your parents threatened you. But what I fail to understand is, why can't you accept this relationship and Kavya?"

He remains silent, unable to come up with a response and Mary asks, "Isn't she good enough?"

Armaan gives a positive nod, without wasting a minute to think and admits, "She is."

Mary smiles at his response and questions, "Then why can't you accept her?"

Armaan confesses truthfully, "I...I never saw her in that way."

Mary encourages him, "Then see now."

Armaan lowers his gaze and Mary continues, "As far as I have known her, Kavya is a wonderful girl. Even after suffering, she thinks of her parents and younger unmarried sister. She is ready to take pains for their happiness, which is not easy, Armaan."

Armaan nods in acknowledgment and states, "But Mary, I have never thought of getting married and settling with someone. You know me and my nature, I can't stay with someone. I have always lived alone and I only think of myself."

Mary chuckles at his words and asks with amusement, lacing her voice, "Then tell me something Mr. I-only-think-of-myself, why are you so affected with Kavya's reactions? If you can't stay with someone and your nature doesn't allow you to think of others, then why are you thinking about Kavya?"

Mary's words make Armaan think about his reactions towards Kavya's act, while she walks ahead to face him and continues, "You wanted freedom in your life and didn't want to settle with someone, which you have got now. So, why are you thinking of Kavya? Let her live her life, as she prefers and you live your life, the way you wanted. Why are you so stubborn on taking her responsibility?"

Armaan opens his mouth to speak, but couldn't utter a word in response and shuts his mouth back. He fails to understand his own stubbornness to fight with Kavya and make her obey his wish.

Mary shakes her head in disbelief with an amused smile, lacing her lips and continues to make him realise his actions, "Armaan, I have never seen you wasting a single minute in your whole life. You either work or read or think how to grow your business. But today, you are sitting in your room and thinking why isn't Kavya bothering you for her needs and not showing her existence in your life? Why are you so affected?"

Armaan didn't know how to react to Mary's words and stays muted at his spot.

Mary states, "You agree with me or not, but you have unknowingly accepted Kavya in your life, Armaan."

Armaan snaps his gaze to Mary in shock, who gives a positive nod and continues, "You were fighting with her because you wanted her to depend on you and not treat you as a landlord. You were stubborn because you wanted her to listen and allow you to take her responsibility."

Mary smiles and confirms, "These are the signs of accepting and caring for someone, who is precious to you."

She places her hand on Armaan's shoulder and requests, "Armaan, believe it and give this marriage a chance, before it's too late. I am sure, if you apologize to Kavya and talk with her, then she will understand and you both can start a fresh."

Saying this Mary turns to step out of the room, leaving Armaan behind with his thoughts.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 113 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Swetha Natrajan❀️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
1.6M 17.8K 9
*An arrange marriage Romance* ****************************************** Start : 04/Jan/2023 end : 16/June/2023 Warning ⚠️ This story containin...
Wafai By B.

Romance

178K 20.3K 23
β€’ A Marriage in Trouble Romance β€’ His dream was to see his business roar and touch new heights. Her dream was to have a perfect family she missed out...
1.7M 72.7K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...