Warpaint | Clexa (Completed)

By thestarryeyedreader

Grounders and Arkadians are warring clans living in the same vicinity. What happens when Clarke, a young pris... More

Chapter 1: Liar Game
Chapter 2: Fireworks
Chapter 3: On The Edge
Chapter 4: Reckoning
Chapter 5: Descision
Chapter 6: Shattered
Chapter 7: Weakness
Chapter 8: Parting Of Ways
Chapter 9: Broken Strings
[Not An Update]
Chapter 11: Life As We Know It
Chapter 12: Once Bitten, Twice...?
Chapter 13: Blood Must Have Blood
Chapter 14: Switched
Chapter 15: Forebodings
Chapter 16: Plans
Chapter 17: Alive
Chapter 18: Decisions
Chapter 19: My People
Chapter 20: Let Her Go
Chapter 21: I'm Your Mother
Chapter 22: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 23: Will You Take A Life With Me?
Chapter 24: Another Love
[Not An Update]
Chapter 25: Wrong Infinities
Chapter 26: Taken
Chapter 27: Her Shield And Sword
Chapter 28: For Her, A Thousand Times Over
Not An Update, But Equally Important!!
Chapter 29: Her Fight Is Over
Chapter 31: Take Me Back To The Start
New Story: Another Love
Thank You!
Shameless Self Promotion

Chapter 30: Sense Of An Ending

4.4K 181 123
By thestarryeyedreader

15 years later:

"Seriously? Why didn't you tell her right then that you were sent to kill her! That would've solved everything! " Finn groaned.

"I sure as hell wasn't as smart as you are, kiddo. I was pretty dumb and self righteous myself," Clarke laughed.

"Tell me about it!" Raven laughed, and leaned back against Bellamy's arms, who in turn kissed the top of her head.

"C'mon that's harsh" Lincoln laughed. "You were all stupid."

"Say that again, and you're sleeping on the floor for a week, Mister." Octavia entered the room, and stood with her hands on her hips in a scrutinising position.

"Anyway, rest of the story for later, Finn" Clarke said, and tousled his hair.

"Is there a lot more drama to follow?" 12 year old Finn asked eagerly.

"Your son is really like you, ain't her?" Clarke asked Raven, and everyone laughed.

"Oh by the way, Clarke, your mother was calling you. Apparently there's some executive order Kane wants to pass, and he wants everyone's say on it." Octavia said.

"What order?" Clarke asked.

"You'll find out," Octavia smirked. "It's an order that'll make you want to run to the Polis Throne room and announce it right away!"

"Cryptic much," Clarke raised her eyebrows.

"You'll see, Clarkey," Octavia grinned.

***

15 years ago on a cold rainy evening:

"Was...was she..." Clarke felt her throat close up.

"Was she in pain?" Costia finished her question. Clarke nodded.

"Well I won't lie to you, Clarke," Costia shook her head sadly, "The pain was beyond anything you can ever imagine. She was cut in several places with a poisoned knife. They tortured her for hours straight. It got so bad that in her last moments, she practically begged all of us to kill her."

Clarke closed her eyes, trying to see the green of Lexa's eyes. The sparkle on those forest green eyes everytime she told Clarke she loved her.

"What do you want to do now, Clarke? Everyone blames you for this. They want you to stand trial and then receive death by thousand cuts... You failed your Commander, Clarke. And you failed the woman you loved...."

Costia's words barely registered to Clarke.

Alexandra. Can I call you Lexa for short?

You can buy me dinner first, Lexa.

I love you Lexa.

I love you Clarke.

I'll never leave you.

I'm never off duty, Lexa. Somebody has to look after you while you look after everyone.

I hate you Lexa! Man up and tell everyone that you dont want me killed, Lexa.

I love you Clarke.

I love you Clarke.

Wrong infinities, wrong timings...

I'll always love you, Clarke.

Words, memories, sensations, images. It all came crashing down on her.

Lexa was dead. Lexa is dead. Dead. She's never going to see her again. It was all over. Lexa was in pain. And she couldn't do anything about it. She had failed her Lexa. She felt salty tears at the corner of her lips.

She wanted to cry. Shout, howl. Howl at the pain. Howl at the empty sensation. Howl at her heart which seemed to converge into itself, and eat up her own body like a black hole. She felt a strange sort of pain in her lungs and chest that made her want to curl up and never open her eyes again.

Lexa was dead.

She had been in so much pain. All because of her.

The pain had made Lexa of all people beg for a quick death.

Clarke's eyes snapped open. Lexa beg for death. That was never going to happen. Never.

She looked at Costia.

"You lying son of a bitch"

The next thing Costia knew was the sickening crunch of Clarke's knuckles against her nose.

The saline bottles fell around her with a resounding crash as Clarke ran out of the room in a resounding crash, followed closely by Costia.

Clarke ran through the cold stone lobby of the Polis tower, towards the throne room.

Lexa had to be alive. She just had to be.

***

"Faster," Octavia urged Bellamy as they climbed the thin rusted rails leading upto the Polis throne room.

"I'm trying, O," Bellamy said, his face set in determination. "Not all of us were trained by Indra."

"How many people do you think Costia has?"

"Ten at the most. With guns. We have to get to the room fast. We can overpower them all."

***

"On your knees, Commander!"

Lexa looked around and gritted her teeth. Kane, Abigail, Indra, Titus, all of them had guns pointed to their heads, and three on her own self. She didn't see any way out of this.

"Down" the cold end of two gun barrels prodded her neck.

Lexa sank to her knees, wishing she could signal her army outside as to what was going on. She had sent the radio SOS to Raven, and she hoped help was coming soon. However, her army marching in here would guarantee her death. These gunmen would open fire on them all.

Lexa sat hunched on her knees. She had failed them all.  She had failed her people. And above all, she had failed the woman she loved. She had failed Clarke.

She closed her eyes, accepting her defeat. She wanted to see those blue eyes once before she died.

"LEXXXAAAAAAAAA"

Lexa's eyes snapped open.

Everyone looked around as Clarke burst in through the door, in a pale blue hospital gown.

Lexa looked up and saw Clarke, still bruised and pale, run towards her. She ran to where Lexa was kneeling, sank down to her knees, and engulfed Lexa in a hug.

"You're alive. You're alive. You're alive."

And with the two guns against the back of her neck, and knees on the hard stone floor, Lexa kissed Clarke who was straddling her thighs and almost pushing her back onto the floor.

Clarke knew her mother was on the floor. She knew that all of them had guns pointed to their heads. But in that moment, nothing mattered. Lexa was still alive. She could feel Lexa's lips on hers. Her hands in her hair. Her body pressed against her.

"I love you. Oh god I love you so much, Lexa. I love you. Don't ever leave me, please. Don't ever dare leave me again."

"I love you Clarke. And I won't leave you. Ever again. I'll always be with you. Our fight is not over."

"Ooo I beg to differ."

Costia was at the doorway, gun pointing at Clarke.

"Costia noooo"

Costia pulled the trigger.

Clarke felt the world around her suddenly move in slow motion. She saw the bullet rushing in towards her. She'd die with Lexa's arms around her. How Poetic.

Lexa moved like a wind and jumped out in front of Clarke, arms open wide, shielding Clarke from the bullet.

Clarke saw Lexa's breath hitch as she heard the soft pop of the bullet pierce into Lexa's skin.

Lexa slumped down, gritting her teeth as the bullet burnt through her body.

Black blood everywhere.

"No No nooooo nooooo Lexa no Lexa nooooo..."

Clarke bent over Lexa pressing down on her bullet wound, trying to prevent the loss of blood.

"Clarke my fight... Is over... I love... You... Clarke... "

"No, fuck no. YOUR FIGHT IS NOT OVER. IT'S NOT FUCKING OVER. I LOVE YOU LEXA. YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE."

Three bullets sounded and Costia slumped to her knees. Bellamy and Octavia were at the door, guns raised.

Before Costia's men even began to realise what was happening, Octavia's dagger cut through their arteries and tendons, and Bellamy's bullets found their hearts.

And Clarke tried her best to hold onto Lexa's convulsing body as the love of her life bled out before her own eyes.

***

A/n: Looks like even I love a little drama like Finn. I thought this would be the last chapter, but what the hell, I'm convoluted AF. Last chapter by Sunday. Peace out✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 2.4K 31
The third book in the Ascension Series. After the destruction of Mount Weather and the end of The Shadow Bloods, Commander Lexa mourns the loss of Cl...
9.2K 440 24
This is the modern day Clexa AU. Lexa Woods is the new girl in Arkadia, she doesn't have any friends. She is shy and closed person. Clarke Griffin i...
93.6K 3.2K 52
(this is kind of poorly written) Clarke lives in TonDC, New Jersey and she's seventeen. She's been bullied almost all of her lie. She has no friends...
232K 10.7K 91
A bedslave as a present from Titus is the last way Lexa expects the day to end. A thin, weightless girl that is littered with bruises and cuts, brain...