Safe

FeehilysGirl tarafından

Maria is threatened by her ex boyfriend. Then she meets Nicky. Can he make her safe again? This is the third... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - Beaten
Chapter 2 - The offer
Chapter 3 - Scared
Chapter 4 - Sunset at the beach
Chapter 5 - Trusted
Chapter 6 - Fights and happinesses
Chapter 7 - Loved
Chapter 8 - Somethin' stupid
Chapter 9 - Don't cha
Chapter 10 - Panicked
Chapter 12 - I will keep you safe
Chapter 13 - Between life and death
Chapter 14 - If tomorrow never comes
Chapter 15 - Epilogue

Chapter 11 - Courage...

135 7 5
FeehilysGirl tarafından

It was almost time to leave. With Nicky it had sounded easy, but now? My heart raced. But how long should I stay cowardly inside? Millions of people went outside everyday. Why couldn't I be normal like everyone else? I was close to tears. I wanted to live a normal life again, a life without fear, a life with Nicky, my safe harbour! Was that too much to ask for? What had I done wrong to deserve that? It was just one wrong decision back then. I had simply trusted the wrong man! Tears fell from my eyes. I wanted to be strong again, I wanted to be brave, I wanted to be someone Nicky could be proud of!

'Sarah, I will join you today! Maria' I texted her. Soon I got her answer. 'Yeah, looking forward to it! Sarah' I grabbed my purse and called Nicky. Sweety! He said as he answered the phone. Nicky, I just wanted to tell you that I've decided to meet the girls. I smiled. Hey that's great! I'm very proud of you! He said and I heard his smile.

The bus stop wasn't far away from our place. Nickys presence at the phone made me feel safe. My Sweety, I hope the three of you have great fun! Enjoy your day! He said. I guess I will! I answered. I was very excited. I love you. He smiled. I love you too! I smiled back. I looked at the clock. Nicky, I need to go now, I have to hurry! I said. Take care, my love. He said and we ended the call.

As soon as I was alone, my worries came back. Suddenly I felt very insecure and vulnarable. He isn't here! I repeated the sentences over and over in my head. I really had to hurry to catch the bus. I knew there was a shortcut which would safe some minutes but I was afraid to leave the crowded street. He doesn't know where you are! I heard Nickys voice in my head. I took a deep breath and walked into the little street. Noone was here and my heart beat fastened. He isn't here! I told myself. This is a short street, not long and you will be at the bus stop. Don't panick. I sped up and I was relieved when I saw the big street after the light turn of the street. I heard a car behind me and stepped aside. Only one hundred meters and you are there. I thought. The car came nearer and I focused on the big street. Suddenly it stopped beside me and the door opened. Hello Sweetheart! A familiar voice said to me.

Nickys POV

I put my phone aside and couldn't stop smiling. I was just so proud of Maria. I knew how scared she was of going outside alone. But she had the courage to face her fear and go meeting her friends. Nico, why are you smiling like a lunatic? Shane asked me. Maria is on her way alone to meet Sophie and Sarah. I smiled proudly. Hey, great news! He answered. You love her, don't you? Shane asked me smiling. Yes, more than my life. I anwered. You don't know how happy I am for you. He said. Then we focused on our work again.

About 30 mimutes later Shanes mobile rang. Honey! He said into his phone with a wide smile. What? He asked. What do you mean not there? He looked at me worried. What is it? I asked him. Maria isn't with them. He said. She hasn't shown up yet. I felt my heart sink. Maria isn't with them yet? I asked concerned. No, they tried to reach her but she didn't answer. She should have by now. I said and my bones were shaking. My whole world began to fall in pieces. Where was she? I asked myself and suddenly I began to worry that her feeling of being watched could have been real. And I made her go! I hadn't stopped saying that she was absolutely safe. I accused myself.

Shane, we need to go. I said and grabbed my laptop for tracking her on the way.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

79.2K 2.7K 30
Book 3 of The Dangerous series. Must read first two to understand. It is now time for Dante Jr to lead on his father's legacy. He's been training hi...
350K 5.2K 35
My best friend moved away ten years ago... I wonder what would happen if we were to meet again. After all a lot can change in ten years right? •Prolo...
130K 5.5K 41
"You can't just leave that easy!" He tugs on the grip on my shoulder to bring me closer to him. "Nothing comes easy, Golden Boy. I don't have a norma...
256K 7.3K 38
what happens when the new girl with a not so new problem meets the town's youngest one? a story of fear, pain, and love:readers will engulf themselve...