Gone

By Riya121

"My name is not important right now. I don't get much time here, so listen fast and pay attention. I'm lost... More

0. Epigraph
2. Staying Lost
3. Noticing Umbworld
4. Delaying Quests
5. Sibling Talk

1. Going back

49 11 14
By Riya121

The colour blue reminds me of the sky that I have not looked at, for days at end now.

As I take a foot after another towards a destiny that I don't have mapped out, the dry leaves mumble under me, threatening to spill my secrets if I go too fast.

The wooden cottage is behind me by miles at end, but I'm still looking out for every single stem that could be my downfall.

I don't wanna go back, and want to be just gone.

If only it was as simple as it had not been for the past years.

I look up, and seeing the moonlight split into a bluish gleam reminds me of all the skies I have missed.

And all the skies I have in store.

I hear a muffled sound behind me, and as I turn around to survey the situation, I forget the rhythmic movements of my foot and it stumbles upon a deserted branch.

I see that the man is not Dave, and relax, falling, as gravity pulls me down.

Relief.
Gratitude.
Faith.
Hope.

Not Dave.

A flurry of emotions take over me, and yet I feel numb.

The gashes at my back don't hurt anymore, and my scarred face barely makes me wince now.

Smooth, refreshing water rushes through my mouth, and I find the taste to be oddly clear and clean in my throat.

I feel sleep take over me as strong arms provide me with a warm refuge and my eyes fall prey to the dark lullaby.

-.-.-.-.-
This story is a short one because it's to be submitted for a writing competition.
If anyone would want me to continue it, though, I would gladly comply to the wish.

- Riya121

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 2.4K 77
BANG... BANG..... BANG I jumped up out my sleep to three gun shots. I creep up to my door, opening it up just a little, seeing my father go to my...
14.2K 2.2K 23
جۆنگ کوک:بە نەفرەت بیت وازم لێ بێنە چیت لە من دەوێت تایهیۆنگ:ششـ ئازیزم بۆچی هاوار دەکەی ئارام بە بۆ باروودۆخت خراپە ༄༄༄༄༄༄༄ جۆنگ کوک:تـ تۆ چیت کرد ت...
70K 1.7K 10
مافيا - حب - قسوه - غيره renad231_5 مرت سنه والقلب ذابحهه الهجر ومرت سنه والهجر عيا يستحي الروايه موجوده في انستا : renad2315
62.9K 1.9K 37
Jeon Jungkook, The deadly heartless mafia who was known for his power and fame. He own almost the half of korea and he was totally fearless. side-by...