Saving Cara

By haileyyyeve

Cara is a 17 year old girl who had lost her dad. She's a cheerleader and track star also in photography. She'... More

Characters:
School Day:
Pain:
Help:
Double trouble:
Dress Picking:
Leak:
All Alone:
Beat up:
Bound to Cameron:
Its So Hard:
Fragile Like Glass:
Worst Wedding:
Guilt:
Therapist:
Fist Fight:
Sleepover:
One Month:
Im Sorry:
Justice:
TWO MONTHS LATER:
TWO MONTHS LATER 2:
He's Gone:
4 YEARS LATER:

Ignoring:

234 1 0
By haileyyyeve

Mom comes into my room. I feel her presence stand behind me while I was still in bed.

"Get up." She said. It reminded me of yesterday.

"I don't want to." I whispered rolling my eyes, but she couldn't see.

"What was that?" She asked threateningly. "Tim!" She yelled, making me flinch.

"What's wrong?" He asks coming in my room.

"Look at her!" She whines like a five year old. Mom touches my neck moving my hair and I slap her hand away.

"Get out!" I yelled shoving both of the out of my room and slamming the door. I go look at my neck to see I had hickeys all up my neck. They weren't love hickeys because these were swollen, bloody looking, and teeth marks with bruises.

I lay on my bed again, sighing, looking up at the ceiling. I put my hand on my eyes.

"I hate you." I say to myself angrily.

I undress myself seeing I had bruises all over my body along with hickeys. A tear prickled my eye but I quickly swiped it away with my thumb. I turned away in shame of how weak and vulnerable I was.

"Get out here now!" She yells. I slip on a long shirt about to put on shorts when the door bursts open. Tim stands there staring at my skid knees and weak frame.

"What does she want?" I ask putting on shorts, looking out my window instead of him.

"Do you want breakfast?" He asked me awkwardly.

"No, I'm not hungry." I replied.

"She just wanted you to know you're going to school." He commented. I sighed and he left. I slipped the clothes off and put on a hoodie with tights. I looked at my body to see I had a nice sized thigh gap, maybe 5 inches?

I put on converses and did my hair. I put all my stuff I needed in my back pack. I walked downstairs and mom grabbed my hand dragging me to the car.

~

"I'm not going in." I replied bluntly looking at the school and swarm of people going in.

"What do you mean?" She asks turning to me.

"I. Am. Not. Going. In." I said still looking out the window. She sighed heavily and got out opening my door.

"Get out Cara." She said holding the door with her hand. I didn't answer, I just sat there. I felt a hand grab my fore-arm harshly and drag me out of the car, making me fall on the ground. Everyone stares at me and I got up wiping the blood off my hands.

"I hate you." I whispered leaving mom there stunned. I pushed past people who just stared at me as I walked passed them and into the school.

I went into the bathroom quickly and properly washed my hands. I surprisingly found gauze and wrapped my palms. I grabbed my bag and went to my locker putting books in.

"Cara!" I hear Cameron harshly say behind me grabbing my waist tightly. I squirmed uneasily in his arms. "Don't talk to him. You know what will happen!" He whispered threatened.

"I know." I whispered and grabbed my books.

"I heard about what happened with your mom." He chuckled like something was funny.

"It's not funny Cameron." I said walking a bit faster when he yanked my shoulder back.

"Don't talk to me like that!" He whisper yelled. He touched me against my thigh squeezing it hard, I moved back in pain. "Now, I'm going to kiss you and you'll love it." He said in my ear. He moved his face and crashed his lips against mine, I hesitantly put my hand on his neck, I felt him smirk in the kiss from my action, he put his hand on my waist. I turned my head a bit and opened my eyes to see Grayson looking at us in pain. I closed my eyes tightly and Cameron pushed me off of him slightly. Cameron smiled at Grayson like he's won something, I walk into class and put my stuff on my table .

I carefully sat down in pain and opened up my book. Grayson sat next to me and I scooted over, not paying any attention to him.

"Cara, what the hell!?" He whispered to me. I bit my lip not to talk to him.

"I can't talk to you." I said bluntly. In the corner of my eye I saw pain fill his eyes.

"What has he done?" He begs me to answer.

"Nothing." I choke out slightly. "Absolute, nothing." I smiled brightly, that was fake. 

~

At lunch time I sat with some of my other friends, except Reagan. Me and her are not talking to each other for a while after I yelled at her.

Reagan is hanging out with all the cheerleaders. She points at me and all of them start to crack up laughing. Cameron slid into the chair next to me and wrapped his arm tightly around body.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asks me.

'Cause I'm sick of myself!' I mentally yell at myself.

"I'm not hungry." I say looking at the table.

"Yeah, you're getting fat." He says tugging on my stomach skin. Thea, the girl next to me, looks at me and I smile brightly.

"He's just kidding." I comment to her.

I turn my head to see Grayson starring at me. Cameron looks back at what I see, he kisses me roughly like an alpha of a wolf pack.

"Remember what I said." Cameron reminds me and grabs my thigh tightly, almost cutting circulation off. I stand up quickly and walk away with the cheer leaders laughing at me and everyone staring.

~

After lunch and the cascade, I walked to my locker for my next hour. At my locker stood Reagan and another cheerleader. They both looked at me like I was some kind of disease.

"I heard you fucked Cameron." The girl says laughing.

"Get out of my way." I state since she's in front of my locker.

"You know who else fucked him." The girl laughs.

"Don't." Reagan tells her.

"Reagan, at that party. And me too, at the beginning of school." She laughs in front of my face.

I couldn't care if he did. Why would I care!? I pushed her away from my locker and tried to do the combo when she pushed me onto the floor. The halls were all empty now.

I tried to stand but she had pushed me by my hip. She kicked me in my stomach where Cameron had hit me, I coughed up blood on the white cold tiles. Reagan just watches and the girl hits me in my face, probably going to cause a fractured nose and a black eye, because I could already feel the blood ooze down my nose. She kicks me one more time and grabs Reagans hand and run away.

I sit up against the locker and scrunch my hands in my hair. I stand up, throwing all my stuff into my locker, I run out of the school and tears trickle from my eyes softly. I wipe them off roughly.

'Stop crying you baby!' I mentally yelled at myself.

I run and keep running, I don't even know where I'm at. Until, I see it the familiar place I know, the only place that's safe and not safe, the only place I come the day my dad died.

The cemetery.

I walk in with light gasps of me to get breath. I roam around until I see the grave stone.

'John Wilks Cara, loving husband & father' is what it read.

I sit on my knees and touch the cold rough stone. I move closer to the stone and wrap my arms around it.

"I miss you." I mumble to myself with little tears flowing. My lip hurt, my body hurt, my nose is bleeding, and I'm pretty sure I have a bruise forming. She did have rings on.

I take myself off the stone standing up. I brush my self off from the dead grass. I limp back to the house, I walk in to see mom and Tim pacing the room.

"Honey!" She yells at me and looks at me. She tries to touch my face but I hit her hands away and scoot back.

"Don't." I mumble.

"Cara!" Tim threatens.

"What! Are you gonna hit me!?" I question and he looks like he was thinking about his answer.

"He is not going to lay a hand on you." Mom said. "What happened?" She asked me.

"You don't care." I say going up to my room. I shut the door and go to the bathroom, I look at my busted lip, bruised eye, and red nose. I touch my nose and I bite my lip in pain. I turn to my body mirror and pull up my shirt to see bruises everywhere.

I clean my nose with alcohol to wipe off the dry blood. I sit at my desk and see I have 10 missed calls from Grayson and 23 texts from him. And only one call and two texts from Cameron saying...

'I heard Abby and Reagan told you I had sex w/ them.' I can just hear his laugh, then 'I also heard you got your ass beat😂'

I throw my phone to the wall and the phone battery comes out, I smash my mirror, turn my bed upside down and my chair broke along with my desk. I heard Tim and mom trying to open my door. I opened my window and jumped out.

I couldn't hold it back anymore! I could hide it! I couldn't feel anything, but numbness! I run down the sidewalks and start to cry, I get to an abandoned park. I sit on a swing, my cheeks stained with tears.

"Higher Daddy!" I yell looking back at Dad pushing the swing.

"I can't!" He laughs with his bright and common smile. "I don't want to loose you!" I smile as the wind blows through my curly hair. My six year old self being happy.

I wipe a tear from my cheek I didn't know I had shed. I look up at the sunset that has blue, purple, and orange as the sky. I swing lightly, just tilting my body back and forth softly.

"Cara?" I look up from my hoodie to see Grayson. I get up, turning around and wiping my tears quickly and breathing in.

"Hi Grayson." I said with a faint smile.

"Why haven't you answered my calls or texts?" He asks me worriedly.

"I've been busy." I answer.

"Come here." He says softly stepping close to me, I take a step back my legs hitting the swing. "Care, I'm not going to hurt you." He says softly lifting his hand up to my cheek softly.

"I can't talk to you anymore." I said, the look in his eyes made me want to cry. It was pure anger, sadness, and jealousy.

"No." He says forcefully with a croak in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I said taking this warm hand off of my cheek.

"Cara! No!" He begs and I step away. "Don't let him get in between us." He says.

"There is no us." I say sadly.

"Let me do something to change your mind." He begged.

"Nothing will." I said sadly. Before I knew it he had crashed his lips into mine. He touched my neck softly and I grabbed his waist tightly of his shirt. His lips hungrily moved with mine, like he's been waiting for this moment forever.

Grayson was pulled away from me and I see Cameron.

"You whore!" Cameron yelled pointing at me, he grabbed one of my fish-tails of my hair and pulled me into his car. Grayson was already out cold. Cameron went a little over the speed limit, I sat there quiet, but still I was afraid.

~

He picked me up over his shoulder while going upstairs. He threw me on the floor, I got up just to get hit back on the floor from his slap.

He turned me over so I was on my back. He sat on top of me, crushing me, I started to kick. He grabbed my wrists, I tried to yank them back and scream. When I did he twisted my wrist more, the pain unbearable! I screamed again and he pushed it back more until we both heard a crack. That's when I screamed and cried and kicked.

~

Me and Cameron sit in the waiting room of the nearest hospital with me holding my wrist.

"Cara!" The doctor says, I stand up and Cameron grabs my hand tightly.

"Don't say anything." He threatens. I sit on the top of the bed thing.

"So, what's wrong?" The nurse asks sitting on her spiny chair.

"I think her wrist is broken." Cameron says.

"Okay. What did you do?" She asks me.

"I did a cartwheel in Cheer. I think I sprained it, but we had a competition." I said looking at my swollen wrist. Cameron smiles and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Okay, we'll take X-rays." She smiles.

~

We wait as the girl brings my X-rays.

"We will wrap your wrist today." She says and I nod my head.

~

"Tell your parents you're staying with me tonight, it's Friday today anyways." Cameron says handing me his phone.

I call my mom and she answers.

"Hello?" She says through the phone hopefully.

"I'm staying with a friend tonight, I'll come back tomorrow." I say hanging up.

"Good girl!" Cameron says smiling rubbing my thigh.

'If I do what he says, he won't hurt me!' I tell myself.

~

Me and Cameron just stayed in his bed until dark.

"Where am I going to sleep?" I ask Cameron.

"Here." He said pointing to his bed. He gets up taking off his clothes but leaving on his boxers. "Take your clothes off." He demands, I hesitate and he gets mad. "Take them off!" He yells and I do as what I'm told.

I lay next to him in the dark and he starts to take off my bra, I get scared as he slides it off.

Soon his snores fill the room and my breaths too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 62.4K 80
"You know what I do with girls who take control when they aren't supposed to?" "I punish them." ***** Scarlett Hudson's life is... okay. She has a gr...
3.3M 81.4K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
1M 17.1K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
169K 5.9K 25
I AM REWRITING THIS BOOK-ITS POORLY WRITTEN AND THOUGHT OUT, SO PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE MY WRITING BASED OFF OF THIS. *PLEASE DONT READ THIS, IT'S AWFUL*...