Danganronpa 2: Force Despair

By kidwaffle

Hope's Peak Academy is the school for Ultimates, students who are the best at what they do. That was before H... More

Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Day 1 (Roy)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Day 2 (Atsuki)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Day 3 (Azura)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Investigation (Azura)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Class Trial (Azura)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Execution (Memmorriie)
Chapter 1: Abusing Love and Acceptance- Post Trial (Azura)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Day 1 (Shingen)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Day 2 (Shio)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Day 3 (Layne)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Investigation (Layne)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Class Trial (Layne)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Execution (Atsuki)
Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Post Trial (Mien)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Day 1 (Chouko)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Day 2 (Atsuki)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Day 3 (Azura)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Investigation (Azura)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Class Trial- Part 1 (Azura)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Class Trial- Part 2 (Azura)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Execution (Mien)
Chapter 3: Burning Love from Hearts of Ash- Post Trial (Ren)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Day 1 (Mien)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Day 1 (Jack)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Day 2 (Layne)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Investigation (Layne)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Class Trial (Layne)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Execution (Atsuki)
Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Post Trial (Azura)
Chapter 5: Sacrifice for the Future- Investigation (Layne)
Chapter 5: Sacrifice for the Future- Class Trial (Layne)
Chapter 5: Sacrifice for the Future- Execution (Roy)
Epilogue: Rise to the Future from the Ashes (Layne)

Prologue: Trials of Despair under Hope (Layne)

537 8 19
By kidwaffle

I never really thought I could ever attend Hope's Peak Academy. But they gave me an Ultimate, so I suppose I am good enough.

Dressed in a brown suit with a skirt, red tie and black heels, stood me, a girl with green eyes and ginger hair that was up in a bun, only a bit of it drooping down infront of my face. My name is Layne Alvarez. Hope's Peak let me attend this school as the Ultimate Lawyer.

Standing infront of Hope's Peak is unbelieveable. It really brings a sense of pride to know that you're the best at what you do. And in a few seconds, I'd be in the school.

Smiling, I walked up to the door and opened it.

And took a step in.

And then everything went black.

When I woke up, I was in a classroom, at a desk with my head down. I groaned and looked around the classroom. There were huge metal plates on the walls, blocking something. I wonder why. There was also a video camera and a screen, for some reason. I also found a note on another desk that said, 'Come to the gym.' I couldn't find anything else, so I just walked out of the classroom.

Wandering around the halls, I saw that there was another classroom, sixteen bedrooms, bathrooms, a music room, a library, a kitchen, and a cafeteria. Eventually, I found a gym and entered it.

Inside, there was fifteen other people.

One spoke up, "Oh, a sixteenth person?"

Another yelled out, "Hello!!"

"Well, we all arrived here in a small amount of time, and sixteen is the amount normal classes have..." One boy said. "May we gather in a circle and introduce ourselves?" He asked.

"I-I don't have a problem with it..." Someone else said.

"Alright then, let's get in a circle." The boy said.

Once we were in a circle, the boy spoke again. "Hmm... Alright. We'll go around the circle and introduce ourselves, our talents, and anything extra we want to say." He pointed to me. "How about you start first?"

"Oh, okay." I said. "I'm Layne Alvarez, the Ultimate Lawyer. That's all."

The boy to my right, who had brown eyes, tan skin and long brown hair that was up in a bun, and wore a gray hoodie and brown leggings, spoke up. "My name's Chouko Aki. I'm the Ultimate Sketcher, I guess. I like to draw stuff." He said.

The next girl had long, orange hair and blue eyes, and wore a light blue shirt and a purple skirt, long black socks and blue shoes. "...I'm Anya Mitsuke." She said. "I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student... Nothing special about me."

The next person was a boy with black hair and green eyes. He wore a green suit that people like house painters or builders might wear, along with black boots and black gloves. He also carried a shovel on his back. "Hey. I'm Shingen Nakasato. I'm the fuckin' Ultimate Landscaper." He said.

The next boy was another red head with blue eyes, and wore glasses, a blue long sleeve shirt, black pants and black shoes. "Uhhh.... Hey. I'm... uh, Hanae Riko. I-I'm the Ultimate Toy Maker. Nice to meet you all!" He said.

The next was a boy with light blonde hair and light green eyes, wearing a blue jacket, a grey undershirt, black sweatpants and black tennis shoes, as well as a black choker with a tiny bell on the front of it, and a black string necklace, with a metal zero on the end of it. "My name is Roy Zero! I am known as the Ultimate Entertainer, if you know what I mean." He winked and smiled. "Haha... I'm bisexual, by the way, just so you know."

The next person had brown hair and green eyes, and wore a purple shirt with a yellow musical note on it, a pink skirt, and white shoes with musical lines on it, and notes on the lines that lit up light blue whenever she moved her feet. "Hello!" She yelled. "My name is Atsuki Kinboshi! I'm the Ultimate Vocalist! Nice to meet you all!" She giggled and smiled.

The next girl had short, white hair and grey eyes. She wore a white hairband, glasses, a white suit top with large, white frills on the arms, and a white frilled skirt, and then white leggings and white heels. She also had a camera hanging on her right sight from her left shoulder, and was smoking a cigarette, with her hands on her hips. "Hi. I'm Meijikou Seitoishi. I'm the Ultimate Photo Editor." She said.

The next girl was small and also had short, white hair, but as it went down it faded to black, but one parting had white hair. She also had some sparkly stars and swirls in the front of her hair, and two white bows on each side of her hair. She also had grey eyes. She wore glasses and and short dress where the top was covered in a bunch of art, which her glasses were too, and the lower half was a white, fading to black tutu skirt. She also had a small bow on the middle of the skirt and also wore a white bow tie. She also wore white leggings and heels. She was smiling and holding a paintbrush. "Hiya! My name's Memmorriie Seitoishi! I'm the Ultimate Decora Artist! And Meijikou and I are sisters! And the girl to my right is my girlfriend!" She smiled.

The next girl, who Memmorriie said was her girlfriend, had long, black hair and blue eyes. She wore a red dress and black leggings, along with black heels. "H-Hi... I-I'm Takahiro Igigari, the Ultimate Drummer... L-Like Memmorriie said... I-I'm her girlfriend..." She said, seeming very timid.

Next was the boy who organized the introduction circle. He had brown hair that was spiked in the middle and pointed to the right and brown eyes. He wore a black sweatshirt, black jeans that were ripped in some places, and black combat boots. He also had bandages wrapped around his arms. "Hello. My name is Azura Raijin. I am the Ultimate Guardian. Nice to meet you." He said, smiling.

Next was a boy with long white hair pulled back in a ponytail and blue eyes, dressed in a red vest and red dress pants, and a white dress shirt underneath with the sleeves pulled up above his elbows, and black dress shoes. He also had gloves on, with something sharp like long nails at the end of the fingers. "Hello! My name is Jack Taiyan. I am the Ultimate Magician. Nice to meet you!" He said.

The next person was a girl with long, blonde hair and blue eyes who wore a long, purple dress that ended at her ankles. "I'm Lucy Adachi, Ultimate Dancer." She said.

The next person was a boy with black hair and blue eyes, and a full black suit and tie. "My name is Shio Akahito. I am the Ultimate Mortician." He said. "That is all."

Next was a girl with short, white hair and red eyes. She wore a grey pointed hat, and a short silver dress with big sleeves and a string tied around the waist and white heels. "My name is Mien Hirai. I am the Ultimate Police Agent." She said, sounding a bit angry.

The last person had pink, fluffy hair, pale skin and brown eyes, wearing a large blue coat, a white undershirt, green pants and grey shoes. "Hey. My name's Ren Fuijiwara. I am the Ultimate Cosplayer. Nice to meet you."

"That's everyone." Azura said. "Hmm... I suppose we should leave then."

"Gladly." Mien scoffed. "I can't bare being around any of you much longer."

"Yeah, me too!" Shingen said.

"Everyone." Shio spoke from the door. "The door is locked." He said.

"W-Wait... Wh-What?!" Hanae yelled out.

Azura and I both walked to the door and tried to open it.

"He's right... It won't open." Azura said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"W-Why are we s-stuck here all of a sudden?" Takahiro asked.

"Don't worry!" Atsuki yelled. "I can break it down!" After saying that, Atsuki ran herself into the door, and then fell on the ground. "Ow... Ow..." She said.

"Atsuki!" Azura went to Atsuki. "Are you okay?" He looked down, asking her.

"That was a mistake..." Atsuki said. "How dumb of me..." Azura helped her up slowly. "Thank you, Azura..." She grew a light blush on her face, holding Azura's hand he used to help him up.

"This is all nice and dandy," Roy said, "But what can we do to live if we can't even leave the gym?" He asked.

"Don't worry! Soon you'll be able to leave!" A voice said.

"What? Who said that?" Memmorriie asked.

"I did!" The voice said.

We all looked to where the voice was coming from, the stage in the gym.

And as though the world had zoomed out behind us, all of us focused our attention on the half white, half black bear with a red, twisted eye on the black side appeared behind the pedestal from out of nowhere.

"What... Is that thing?" Meijikou asked.

"...A teddy bear?" Anya asked.

"I am not a teddy bear!" The bear said. "I am Monokuma!" It laughed.

"Oh, it talks!" Jack said, smiling.

"Monokuma...?" Ren asked. "What are you, exactly? And why are you here?"

"Well, I am the headmaster of this school!" Monokuma said. "I have come here to explain the rules to you all!" Monokuma said, then gave us all what he called "e-Handbooks" with the rules and other items on it, and then explained the rules to us, about not breaking cameras, and there were certain bedtimes, and that more rules would be added if needed. "And finally, you can not leave the school! Break any of the rules, and you will be punished!" Monokuma said.

"W-Wait, w-we can't leave?!" Hanae screamed.

"What?! Why the hell not?!" Shingen yelled.

"Calm down!" Monokuma yelled. "There is one way for you to leave... if you kill someone else and get away with it within a class trial, which are trials for murders to find the killers when one happens!" He laughed.

"Wh-What?!" Memmorriie yelled.

"That's crazy! None of us would kill anyone!" Azura said.

"What if we don't get away with a murder?" Jack asked Monokuma.

"You will be punished!" Monokuma answered.

"What's the punishment?" Ren asked.

"If you are found out or break the rules... you will be executed as a punishment!" Monokuma laughed.

"Execution...?" Chouko asked. "You mean you'll kill us?"

"I doubt he would." I said.

"You won't believe me...?" Monokuma sighed. "Well... You will soon! Soon, one of you will break and kill someone to leave, I know it!" Monokuma laughed. "Nighttime is now, and the doors are unlocked now, too! Your rooms are labeled on this first floor! Please make yourself at home, and have sweet dreams!" Monokuma laughed and disappeared.

Azura spoke up. "Don't worry, everyone. None of us would kill anyone else. And, as the Ultimate Guardian, I won't let any of you die." He said. Then he opened the door. "Everyone, please take care." Then he left.

Soon everyone else left, mostly annoyed, some scared. I left too and went to what was labeled my room. Being nighttime, I didn't want to break them or risk anything, so I decided to go to sleep soon after I got in my room.

I couldn't help but think about what Monokuma was saying though. This felt bad, would someone actually kill someone to escape the school? I decided to get up and lock my door before finally going to sleep. I shouldn't need to think about this. Maybe I should trust Azura in the fact that as the Ultimate Guardian he will protect us. In fact, I think that is my only hope at this point.

Prologue
Trials of Despair under Hope
-END-

16/16 Students Remain

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 134 31
(Y/N) is 16 years old and she just got accepted into Hope Peak's summer camp. She's new and she'll spend all her summer with ultimate students just l...
16.6K 679 48
On Jabberwock Island, a killing game is afoot. Headmaster Monokuma has trapped sixteen students to fight for their lives in order to leave here alive...
147 2 9
(This is non canon to the original Danganropa series. Just something fun I wanted to create) 16 high school students wake up in a school with no way...
4.1K 433 56
Sachi Yayo is a girl that got into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Fanart Designer. The school had just been opened back up to the public a year...