He Wasn't A Jerk After All (H...

By onedirectiion_

He Wasn't a Jerk Series: #1: He Wasn't a Jerk Online #2: He Wasn't a Jerk Before #3: He Wasn't a Jerk After A... More

He Wasn't A Jerk After All(Louis Tomlinson Fan Fiction)
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight Part One
Chapter Eight Part Two
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
NOT A CHAPTER, ANOTHER ANNOUNCMENT
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
FOURTH BOOK DESCRIPTION

Chapter Nineteen

11.2K 794 228
By onedirectiion_

Chapter Nineteen

Louis' Point of View

I watched as the tall, slender brunette walked off my porch and into an idle car that was sitting next to the curb outside Victoria's house. I looked at the small folded up, crinkled piece of paper that occupied my hand as the car sped off into the mid-afternoon traffic.

I closed the door slowly, wondering what the hell just happened. One minute, I was downing a bottle of Corona and the next I was stumbling down the stairs in nothing but a t-shirt and boxers. I ran a hand down my face, sighing as I did so. That was the strangest encounter I've ever had in my life.

I walked into the empty kitchen, pulling out a mug and a packet of Yorkshire Tea and began boiling some water for it. While the water boiled, I took a seat at the kitchen island, placing the piece of paper in front of me. The woman had exchanged very few words with me, and I had a few questions for her - but she answered none of them.

Carefully, I opened the folded paper to reveal a bunch of words written on the paper in a familiar neat, delicate handwriting. I squinted at the words through my bloodshot eyes, barely making them out as I read;

Dear Louis,

I know by now you're probably wondering if I'm dead. I just wanted to assure you that I'm not dead, and in good hands. I can't come back home right now because of many different reasons. Reasons I don't want to express to you because you're in too much danger as it is. If my kidnapper found out about you and our relationship, he would anything to inflict pain upon me once again.

I can tell you very little details as to where I am. Just know, I'm no where in England by the time you read this note. I'm in the hands of police associated people, and a very surprising person. (I'll tell you all about it when I get home). Speaking of which, I probably won't be home for a month or so. We're taking great precautions and I just want you to know I'm safe. Please, please try not to worry about me.

For now, although, I think you should see other people. I know One Direction has a promotional tour coming up around England this coming winter(which is only like a month away), and I don't want the press to get wind of any of this. Don't tell them anything about me, please don't even mention me. It's not that I don't want them to know about us, but under these circumstances I need to be as if I don't even exist.

Go on AIM in two days around 9:30pm. I'll be there.

Love,

Your one and only.

The note fell out of my hands and fluttered onto the island counter beneath me. I took in a deep breath, letting the tears sting my eyes once again. The familiar handwriting on the note all made sense now - Victoria was alive.

~*~

Victoria's Point of View

"Well, home sweet home."

The door to apartment 26A swung open as Rhys turned the doorknob. I stood there, taking in the rusted out hallway. The carpet's needed an extremely deep cleaning with all the stains on the carpet. The doors to the apartments were made of thin wood, making them prone to a break-in any minute.

Despite my better judgment, I stepped inside the apartment that Walter had rented out after Cheryl and dropped my suitcase on the torn up couch that was sat in the middle of the living room.

"Oh my god," Cheryl shrieked, throwing her hands up in the air, "I think it's blood!"

Rhys, who currently had Henry's diaper bag, his suitcase and one of mine walked into the apartment without shutting the door behind him. He quickly made his way over to Cheryl where she was staring down at the carpet in disgust. Rhys crouched down, examining the red stain.

He shrugged, "I'll put a sheet over this section - just in case."

Cheryl groaned in frustration, running a manicured hand through her dark brown hair. "I'd rather have stayed at the motel that was missing the letters M and L in the sign. That place looked a hell of a lot better than this place."

Rhys brushed passed her, "Stop complaining Cheryl. If you want, you can rent your own room. You're an adult."

"We all are," I interjected before looking at Rhys, "At least I think we are. How old are you exactly?"

Rhys cocked his head to the side, letting his bangs fall to the side instead of occupying the space in front of his eyes. "Twenty-two."

I nodded, "Then yes, we're all adults."

Cheryl huffed in annoyance. "If I get chlamydia -"

"You won't." I assured her, before handing her Henry and going to drag one of my suitcases with me as I followed Rhys down a narrow hallway. There were four doors, three of which I assumed were bedrooms, and one a bathroom.

Rhys kicked open a door, closer to the end of the hallway and made his way in. I followed in suit, minus the door kicking. I watched as he set down my suitcase and Henry's diaper bag on the small single bed, a light blue duvet cover was spread across it. There was a two drawer wooden dresser in the corner of the room, next to the window. A nightstand with a small lamp perched on top sat beside the bed. Other than that, the room was pretty small and plain.

"Sorry there isn't much. We can't exactly afford a five star apartment for three adults and an infant." Rhys apologized, rubbing his hand up and down the back of his neck. I shrugged, the fact that this apartment wasn't perfect made me happy. There were so many 'perfect' things I had gotten in my life because my mother liked to spoil me. A change was good once in a while.

Once Rhys announced he was going to the grocery store to pick up some food for us, I went to work on unpacking my stuff and hanging it up in the small closet next to the bed. Half of my stuff was already hung up when Cheryl came bursting through the door, a panicked look on her face as a screaming Henry wailed away.

"He's either hungry or needs a change." I told her over Henry's screams, before I took him into my arms and went to work searching through his diaper bag. It turns out, all he really needed was a fresh diaper and his pacifier.

"I'm sorry," Cheryl apologized as we walked into the living room that was connected to the kitchen, "I've never dealt with a crying baby before. I'm an only child and I was never really around infants growing up."

I rocked Henry, who was fast asleep in my arms. "I've learned to cope."

A concerned look crossed her features, but she quickly masked it with a forced smile. "I do love kids though. I was hoping that your father-" She paused, quickly looking at me and searching my face. When she didn't see any sign of me breaking down anytime soon, she continued, "I was hoping your father and I would have kids of our own someday. Now, I know I don't want anything to do with him."

I nodded, understanding what she was telling me. I knew she loved him - the person she thought he was. I knew it must've been hard for her to cope with this newly discovered Richard, a side she probably never saw.

"I'm so sorry." I told her honestly, "I'm sorry I'm the cause of this mess."

She rested her hand on my shoulder, like the first night we met and looked me straight in the eyes. "Don't you ever apologize to me Victoria. It's your father who needs to be the one apologizing."

I was about to respond, but the door swinging open and bouncing back against the wall startled me. I jumped nearly a foot in the air, clutching on to Henry before realizing Rhys was in the threshold, four bags in his arms. Two in his hands, while the other two were stacked on top of the other ones.

Cheryl ran to the door and took the two stacked bags out of his arms. "I'll just put these in the kitchen." She told him, before carrying the brown paper bags into the small kitchen next to the living room.

~*~

I pushed my plate away, running a hand through my short brown hair. I really hated the length, and I couldn't wait for it to grow back. I groaned, my stomach growling in protest as I lifted the glass of water to my mouth. I immediately set the glass back on the table before getting up to clear my plate.

Henry was gurgling away on the little play mat that Rhys set up on the floor. He was surrounded by different colored plush cubes, a few stuffed animals and Rhys' car keys. Henry rolled around on the mat, his little body turning over in slow motion until he landed on his other side, the shocked look on his face made me burst into giggles.

"I wish mom was here to see you." I told Henry, as I crouched down to pick him up.

"Where is you mom?" Cheryl questioned, a forkful of spaghetti ready to be eaten in front of her.

I shrugged, fixing Henry's light blue onesie. "She died of brain cancer three months ago. Henry's dad left him, probably fled Doncaster. I never really did like him."

Cheryl choked on the mouthful of spaghetti, reaching for a napkin to wipe off the excess sauce that dripped down her chin. She took a sip of water before clearing her throat.

"Oh, Victoria. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked!"

I shook my head, giving her a small smile. "It's not big deal. My mom and I - we never really saw eye to eye, until the last few months she spent sick." I turned my attention towards Rhys who was tearing a piece of bread and dipping it into the leftover sauce in his bowl. "I'm gonna put Henry to bed." I told him.

He nodded, "Tomorrow we'll go shopping for a crib. My dad gave me some money especially for one."

"You can't do that. They're too expensive. He's fine sleeping in his little car seat for a few more days." I told him, my heart warming at Rhy and his father's care towards Henry.

Rhys waved his hand dismissively at me. "It's no big deal. We'll buy a lower end one and sell it before we leave. Henry can't sleep in a car seat for a month straight."

I stayed silent, because I knew Rhys was right. So I just nodded as a simple response and made my way towards the bedroom Rhys' had led me too just a few hours ago. I sighed, while changing Henry into a green onesie that had a little elephant stitched into the right pocket. I smiled, kissing his head which was starting to grow a little peach fuzz.

"I love you," I whispered, stroking his fingers that were curled up into a ball, "I promise one day I'll find you a good home. A home that can take care of you better and watch you grow into a promising man. God," I whispered, looking up at the ceiling as I started to choke up, "Mom would be so proud of us right now."

~*~

Louis Point of View

I pounded on the door to Liam and Niall's flat. They lived about an hour away in London, which wasn't such a hassle at this time of day. A few pounds later, and my fist almost colliding with Niall's face, I was let in to the apartment.

"Liam's out getting take-out," Niall told me as he led me through the living room and into the kitchen, "But you're welcome to talk to me before then."

I smiled, a full-on smile. I hadn't smiled properly in weeks. "I have fucking amazing news."

Niall stopped grabbing a tea mug and turned around to face me. "What do you mean, mate?"

I shoved the letter in his face. "Victoria's alive."

Niall all but dropped the tea mug on the ground as he set it on the counter. It wobbled on the edge for a few seconds before he pushed it further up, sending it rolling on it side before the handle stopped it. He snatched the letter from my hands, quickly skimming it before smiling at me.

"Liam was right," He whispered in astonishment.

"Hell yeah he was right." I agreed, feeling the warmth in my chest. My face was starting to hurt from my continuing smile. The cuts in my feet burned as they rubbed against my socks, but I didn't care. My girlfriend was safe - she wasn't hurt. Neither was Henry. I let out a large breath, feeling relief as I sagged my shoulders for the first time that month.

Soon, I would have them both back in my arms. And the thought made me want to collapse on Niall's kitchen floor and sob for enternity. But, I knew I had done enough crying. Crying that should put any man ashame. But I grinned, because knowing each and every one of those tears were shed for Victoria and Henry, made me feel proud I could call them mine instead of being ashamed.

~*~

One to two more chapters left in this book. Then, I'll put up a poll to see who wants a fourth book and who doesn't. Majority wins - of course.

Now, I'm off to watch the Grammy's.

COMMENT - VOTE - SHARE

Please comment feedback. I read EVERY single comment, and if I like it or it has questions in it I respond. So please, I'd love to here what you guys are thinking!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 2.1K 27
"Stop crying baby, we'll be alright." Harry presses his lips against his boyfriend's temple, trying to comfort him. "I don't know if I am able to han...
130K 1.3K 16
Meet Avan she is your average 16 year old. But when she wins a contest to spend a week with her favorite boy band of all time, One Direction. Things...
64.8K 1K 53
"if honesty means telling the truth, i'm still in love with you." -niall horan, "still" ⊱ ────── {β‹…. β™‘ .β‹…} ────── ⊰ "I still love you! Why can't you...
59K 3K 24
So I decided to try something different. I write a story but you as a reader decide what is happening next. Write a suggestion in the comments and I'...