The Rising Sun (A Stiles Stil...

By _hogwartian_

Emma Brisbane was never normal, but now she's not even herself. After losing her memory, she must find her wa... More

Chapter 1 - Losing Your Memory
Chapter 2 - The Hunt
Chapter 3 - Back to School
Chapter 4 - More Than Lacrosse
Chapter 5 - The Key
Chapter 6 - A Little Bit Crazy
Chapter 7 - A Series of Strange Events
Chapter 8 - The First Memory
Chapter 9 - The Reveal
Chapter 10 - The Truth About Werewolves
Chapter 11 - Departure
Chapter 12 - A Long Night
Chapter 13 - White Walls
Chapter 14 - Hazy
Chapter 16 - Sisterly
Chapter 17 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 18 - The Punch Bowl
Chapter 19 - Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 20 - Digging Deeper
Chapter 21 - Hard Truths
Chapter 22 - Tangled
Chapter 23 - Shoot and Score
Chapter 24 - Lost and Found
Chapter 25 - Normalcy

Chapter 15 - Three's a Pattern

14.8K 469 116
By _hogwartian_

**Disclaimer** If y'all haven't heard, I don't own Teen Wolf. 

 The seven of us all trudged into the library to find Mr. Harris standing in the center of the tables with his arms folded across his chest. I sat down across from Stiles, who was next to Scott. Allison, Jackson, and Matt sat at the table behind us. I widened my eyes at Stiles when Erica plopped down next to me. 

 "We can't be in detention together," said Jackson. "I have a restraining order against these tools,"

 "All of these tools?" Harris asked. 

 "No, just us tools," said Stiles, pointing at himself and Scott. 

 "Fine," said Harris. "You two over there,"

 He pointed to the table next to us and Scott and Stiles got up to move over there. I stood up as well, planning on switching tables with them. We needed to talk about all of this and I really didn't want to be left alone with Erica. She kind of scares me.

 "Miss Brisbane," said Harris. "What do you think you're doing?"

 "I'm uh," I stumbled over my words.

 "Sit down,"

 I groaned and plopped back down into my seat next to Erica. She was smirking at me and it was making me uncomfortable. I glanced over to Stiles, who was sending me an apologetic look. If Erica pulls any werewolf crap on me, I'm blaming Harris.

 She kept looking from me to Stiles, still wearing a devilish smirk. I rubbed my hands together nervously. I wanted to be anywhere but here right now, preferably at my house...with Stiles. We did sort of get interrupted last night with my memory and everything. 

 "You two are just so cute together," she said. I pursed my lips at the sass in her voice.

 "Thanks," I said, looking down.

 "It would be a real shame if something happened to split you two up again," she said.

 I looked at her hand to see that her fingernails had been replaced with claws. I raised my eyebrows at her. You've got to be kidding me. I know that she's naive but I really didn't think she would try something here, especially with Scott in the room who could easily take her down.

 "You're really threatening me?" I asked. "I don't think Derek would be very happy about that."

 She gave a cold laugh. "Which is exactly why I was referring to him,"

 She looked over at Stiles who was deep in conversation with Scott. Anger flared up inside me. She wasn't going to lay a single one of her dirty little claws on Stiles. I don't what I have to do, I'm not going to let her hurt him. 

 "Huh," she said, examining her claws. "That seemed to change your attitude, didn't it?"

 It took all I had not to jump on the bitch and attack her myself. I would have if I still had my abilities. She wouldn't be able to hurt me. Then I could show her that she's messing with the wrong couple. Too much has already come in between Stiles and I, there's no way I'm going to let her be the next form of our adversity.

 "Don't even think about touching him," I said through gritted teeth.

 She looked over at Stiles for a moment before turning back to me, a sick smile on her face. "Actually, I'm thinking more about ripping his throat out."

 I was only a second away from pouncing on the bitch when Jackson stood up. He was cringing and holding his hand to his forehead. All color had drained from his face and beads of sweat were trickling down from his hairline.

 "I have to go to the bathroom," he said.

 "Are you alright?" Harris asked, standing up. "Hey you don't look so good,"

 "I just need to get some water," said Jackson, shaking off Harris and walking out of the library.

 Harris walked over from the desk where he was grading papers. "No one leaves their seats," he said before following Jackson out into the hall.

 The second he was gone Scott and Stiles rushed back over to Erica and I's table, thank god. I un-clenched my balled up fists at the sight of Stiles sitting in front of me. I tapped my foot to his leg and he looked at me with confusion. I bobbed my head towards Erica subtly. I would explain later.

 "So you know how Jackson's parents died?" Scott asked Erica.

 "Maybe," she said.

 "Talk," ordered Scott. 

 Erica huffed, but proceeded to explain. "It was a car accident. My dad was the insurance investigator and everytime he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen."

 "So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at eighteen?" Stiles asked.

 "Yup," said Erica, another smirk on her face. I had to urge to smack it right off.

 "There's something so deeply wrong with that," said Stiles. Scott sighed.

 "You know what, I could try to find the insurance report in my dad's feed box," said Eric, opening the lid to her laptop. "He keeps everything,"

 As Erica was typing, a voice called out over the intercom. "Scott McCall, please come to the principal's office."

 We all glanced around at each other with worry. Allison's psycho grandfather is our new principal and from was Stiles has told me, he won't hesitate to chop Scott up into little pieces. Reluctantly, Scott stood up and glanced at Allison before walking out of the library.

 Only a minute later, Jackson came back in followed by Harris. I watched him sat back down in his previous seat. Stiles had switched spots with me at our table to he could see Erica's laptop. I went back to staring at Erica with intent, making sure she didn't pull anything with my boyfriend. Then I'd have to kill her.

 "Woah, look at the dates," said Stiles.

 "Passengers arrived at the hospital, D.O.A. The estimated time of death, 9:26 pm June 14th, 1995," Erica read from her computer screen.

 "Jackson's birthday is June 15th," said Stiles. 

 I looked up at the sound of zipping to see Harris standing up, packing his briefcase. He picked it up and moved towards the door. The rest of us all began getting up as well. I was ready to grab Stiles and get the hell out of here and as far away from the queen of sluts as possible.

 Harris then let out a cold laugh. "Oh, no, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm leaving, but none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re-shelving." He patted one of the many carts of books. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

 I groaned and sat back down. I hate him. I hate him so much. Stiles gave me a soft look as I put a hand on my forehead. Erica has just put me in such a cross mood and Harris was surely not helping the situation. I forced a smile to prevent him from asking questions.

 Once Scott returned, he, Allison, Stiles, and I all stood in one of the rows of shelves with a cart of books. Stiles was leaned against the cart and I tucked myself as close to him as I could get without seeming clingy. I just needed to be close to him right now to help me calm down.

 "It means he was born by C-section after his mom died," Stiles was explaining how Jackson could have possibly been born the day after his parents' deaths. "They had to pull him out of her dead body,"

 The thought made me cringe. 

 "So, was it an accident or not?" Allison asked.

 Stiles shrugged. "The word all over the report is inconclusive,"

 "Then his parents could have been murdered?" Scott asked. 

 "And if they were it falls in line with the kanima myth," said Stiles. "It seeks out and kills murderers,"

 "But for Jackson or for the person controlling him?" Allison asked.

"We have to tell him," said Scott. 

 "He's not gonna li - " Allison cut herself off as Scott had already darted out of our row.

 Something didn't feel right. I was beginning to get lightheaded and dizzy. I blinked from behind my glasses, but my vision was blurring. I grabbed Stiles' wrist and his eyes widened when he noticed the state I was in. 

 "Emma - "

 There was a loud crash above us as Jackson jumped on top of the shelves. Bits of the ceiling crashed down and a light sparked. The floor shook again and books were about to collapse onto me from the shelves when Stiles grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to the ground and out of danger. 

 Dust surrounded us and I heard a wail from Erica. What the hell is going on? Allison was crouched down next to Stiles and I, giving a worried and terrified look. I felt unaware and light as I looked around. Torn books and pieces of the ceiling scattered the ground around us. A knot twisted into my stomach and I began to feel nauseous.

 I moaned from the sick feeling and Stiles pulled me closer to him. He covered me with his arms as sparks from one of the lights showered over us. I gripped his flannel shirt between my fingers and rested my head in the crook in his neck.

 Jackson's face was covered in green scales and his eyes had turned into yellow slits. He pushed Scott into one of the book carts and walked, almost robotically towards the chalkboard. Scott sat back up and crouched in front of Stiles, Allison, and I. Stiles squeezed me as we watched Jackson write on the board, without even looking at it. His movements weren't his own. He wasn't in control, someone else was.

 I tried steadying my breathing, but something else wasn't right. I gripped Stiles' shirt even tighter as Jackson lowered his arm from the board and craned his neck to look at us. He then lowered his head so we could see what he had written. Stay out of my way or I'll kill all of you.

 Jackson then leaped onto one of the shelves and hurled himself out of the window, glass scattering the floor below. We all stood back up and crept towards the board. I kept a firm grip on Stiles' arm, unsure of how steady my legs were. A bead of sweat trickled down my forehead.

 Stiles and I then noticed Erica in the row over from us. She was shaking on the ground. We both rushed over to her. Stiles sat her in his lap and I tried to ignore the jealousy that flared up inside me. I sat back against the shelf, feeling as though I would pass out at any moment. 

 Erica continued twitching in Stiles' arms. My head rolled on my neck. I suddenly didn't have the energy to lift it back up. Black dotted my vision. None of this was making any sense. Why is this happening to me? And how is it possible that Erica is reacting like this?

 "Guys, I think she's having a seizure," said Stiles.

   ☾

 "He's alive," said Allison. She had gone into the next row over to check on Matt. I was trying to pull myself together while Scott and Stiles tended to Erica.

 "We need to get her to a hospital," said Stiles. 

 "D-Derek," said Erica. "Only D-Derek,"

 I outstretched my hands in front of me. They were shaking terribly. I pulled them back to my chest before anyone could see. I don't know how or why this is happening to me but I really need it to stop before I go insane. 

 "When we get her to the hospital I'm gonna - "

 "T-to Derek," repeated Erica, breaking off Scott. "To Derek,"

 "Go," Allison said to Scott, looking at him through the gap in the shelve between them.

 Scott got up and ran over to Allison's side of the shelf, leaving Stiles and I with the seizing Erica. Even though I really wouldn't mind watching her die on this floor, I know it's not the right thing to do. We have to at least try to help her.

 A tickle entered my throat, causing me to cough into my elbow. When I pulled my arm away my eyes widened at the purple powder that now stained my cardigan. This is the third time something like this has happened. 

 "Um...Stiles," I said.

 "Yeah?" He said, looking up from Erica who was still shaking in his arms. His eyes doubled in size when he saw the wolfsbane on my sleeve. I really hope Eric finds some answers soon because I'd really like to know what the hell is happening to me. "Oh my god,"

 Scott came back over to us and scooped Erica into his arms. Stiles helped me to my feet and we followed Scott out of the library, leaving Allison behind to call an ambulance for Matt. Scott held Erica in the backseat of Stiles' jeep while I rested my head against the cool window. Stiles kept glancing at me as he drove. 

 Once we arrived at the old train station, Stiles and I followed behind Scott who rushed Erica down to Derek. He laid her on the floor of one of the abandoned cars and Derek looked at her. He too seemed confused at what was happening.

 "Is she dying?" Stiles asked.

 "She might, I - This is gonna hurt," Derek grabbed Erica's wrist and snapped it. I cringed at the sound of her breaking bone. Erica screamed in pain.

 "You broke her arm?" Stiles shouted over Erica's screams. 

 "It'll trigger the healing process," said Derek. Scott and I both put our hands over our mouths. "I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt,"

 He squeezed Erica's arm with such force that blood spilled onto the floor, staining a set of old newspapers. Erica screamed again, causing a shiver to run through me at her wails. Finally, she seemed to relax and laid back in Stiles' arms. Another roar of jealousy surged through me. 

 Once everything had calmed down, Scott and Derek left the car to talk. Stiles and I had sat Erica in one of the seats where she was drifting into an exhausted sleep. I don't know what the kanima did to put her in so much pain, but I made a mental note to thank him later.

 I leaned against a wall and Stiles grabbed my arm, examining the purple powder on my sleeve. He dabbed a little onto his finger and held it up in the dim light. "Once is chance, two is coincidence, three's a pattern," he muttered.

 "What?"

 He looked at me and wiped his finger on his jeans. "Nothing,"

 I'd heard what he said, I just wanted him to explain. "Stiles, what the hell is happening to me?"

 "I - I don't know, okay? But we're going to figure it out, I promise," he said, gripping my shoulders. 

 He pulled me into him and I felt myself relax in his arms. I was stupid for being jealous of him holding Erica. She was dying for god's sake. Besides, I should know that he would never do anything like that to me. He could have given up on me when I forgot about him, but he didn't. He cares too much. My mother knew that, and that's why she picked him above all others to tie my memories to.

 I felt a tug in the pit of my stomach and something inside of me told me to kiss Stiles, so I did. I kissed him hard and the moment my lips met his a burning sensation filled my body. My body felt as though it had literally been set on fire. I pulled away and began screaming in pain. I collapsed onto the floor as Stiles tried to calm me down. Scott and Derek ran back in to see what was going on.

 The sensation stopped almost as soon as it came. I laid, breathless, in Stiles' arms. Everyone was looking at me in confusion due to my little scene. I have no idea what just happened. I don't know why I just randomly kissed Stiles or why I felt like I had been set on fire. None of this made sense anymore. 

 Derek knelled next to me, but I backed away, curling deeper into Stiles' arms. "Get away from me," I said. I wanted nothing to do with him. It's his fault I'm like this. He's the one who put my life at risk just for a little power, set Isaac to hit on me, and kidnapped me and held me hostage for over an hour. I don't exactly trust him after everything he's put me through.

 He grimaced and look at Stiles. "Things have been happening to her, haven't they?" He asked. Stiles nodded wordlessly. Derek took a deep breath and looked back to me with knowing eyes. 

 "Can you explain it?" Stiles asked, as desperate for answers as me.

 Derek's eyes drifted to the purple stain on the crook of my elbow. He furrowed his eyebrows at the sight. "Wolfsbane?" He asked, his nose twitching as he took in a whiff of the stuff.

 "Do you know something or not?" Stiles asked, growing impatient.

 "No," said Derek, getting to his feet. Though, I could tell he was coming up with theories in his head. If he knows anything at all he better tell me since he's the one who got me into the entire mess.

 I tugged on the sleeve of Stiles' flannel shirt. "Can we go home, please?" I asked him. 

 He nodded and helped pull me to my feet. My knees were still wobbling and felt like they were going to give out at any moment. I clung to his arm as we walked past Derek. Scott said that he still needed to talk to him and he could manage his way home later.

 I broke down crying once we got to Stiles' jeep. I don't know why. I just did. It felt good to cry, even though it's about all I've been doing lately.

 "Emma, oh my god, what's wrong?" Stiles pulled me into him over the seat. 

 "I just...I hate feeling like this," I said over my sobs. "I hate feeling scared and helpless. All of these things are happening around me and to me and...and there's nothing I can do about it."

 "Everything is gonna be okay," said Stiles.

 "Is it?"

 He looked at me with unsure eyes before kissing the side of my head. "It will be,"

 In my head I know that things will never be okay, not with the life I was given. But, for some reason, I believe Stiles. I believe that as long as I have him things will be okay, in some sense. If we can make it through this, then we can make it through anything.  I know this because I love him. I love him and even though I may not remember every moment we've shared together, I know that loving him gives me strength. It gives me courage even though it's the most terrifying thing I've ever done.

 What if I had never come back? What if I had stayed dead? I know that I loved Stiles before I died, I can feel it. It digs a hole into my chest to think that I could have never had the chance to tell him how I really feel. Which is exactly why I took a deep breath and said what I did next.

 "I love you,"

 Stiles' expression froze, and my face heated up. Was it too soon? Did he not love me? I shouldn't have said it first. It's the guys job to do that. I should have just kept my mouth shut and waited for him to make the move.

 But, even through my doubts, he said, "I love you too,"

 I let out a nervous laugh as my lips tugged into a smile. He loves me. And I love him. Things may be falling to shit now, but Stiles is right. It will be okay.

 Eventually, everything will be okay.

---------------------------

Thanks so much for reading!

*Collective "Awwwww"* ;)

Plot lines are really going to pick up in the next few chapters. Brace yourselves. Hehehehe.

Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote, and fan! <3

GIF not mine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Alyssa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.5K 33
[ BOOK ONE ] Daisy Fulton was not the girl to stand out in a crowd. Never the one to take chances. But when her best friends, Scott McCall and Stiles...
294K 6.1K 24
Lydia Martin has been in Stiles Stilinski's heart since the 3rd grade. She is the one girl that he has ever truly cared for and has yearned for her a...
63.3K 1.3K 38
πŸŽ΅π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’˜π’† 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’†π’…π’ π’˜π’† π’ˆπ’ 🎡 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...
80.9K 1.7K 82
Y/n a little witch living in beacon hills with a veterinarian. After her mom went missing Y/n finally started to have a normal life or she thought bu...