Curious ~OUAT Fanfic~ [Season...

By xlaurynwritesx

Cu•ri•ous Inquisitive; eager to know It wasn't weird to be curious, it was just weird to not have any clue as... More

•The Beginning•
•Believe•
•Cursed•
•Operation Cobra•
•Prince Charming•
•Shaking•
•A Friend•
•Mystery•
•Taken•
•Savior•

•Closer•

585 22 1
By xlaurynwritesx

Second to last chapter! I've already started the next book. Do you guys like this story? Let me now please. Now for the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~

A couple days went by and Emma had found Kathryn alive. Everyone was on edge about the heart. Of course Maya and Henry knew someone took it out but no one in this world could prove it.

August had called Henry about an operation cobra mission to get Emma to believe. Maya thought it was a good idea to have another person part of operation cobra. Maya decided to stay home for that one and search through the book some more. She noticed that there was a new set of pages in the book about Pinocchio. The next time she saw Henry she told him.

They met at Granny's to talk to Emma about the new pages to she if she knew anything about how they got there. Henry told her it was a code red operation cobra emergency over the walkie and they waited for her arrival.

She came in and Maya smiled at her. "Hey guys. What's going on?" She asked as she sat next to Henry.

"Shh! This is top secret information." Henry said looking to her.

"Then why did we meet in Granny's?" Emma asked looking to Maya confused.

"I'm hungry." Henry said as he opened the book. "Who else knows we hide the book at the sheriff station?"

"No one why?" Emma asked quietly.

"Because someone changed it." Maya said as she pointed to the page.

"And they didn't even put the end." Henry said as he read it.

"Why would someone change it?" Emma asked confused.

"To tell us something we need to know about the curse." Henry said as Maya looked at the page.

"And why would they do that and not even finish it?" Emma asked as they looked at the book.

"That's where we are stuck." Maya said looking at the book. "The story is about Pinocchio. Everyone knows it ends with Pinocchio becoming a real boy."

"Maybe that's why it doesn't have an ending." Emma suggested.

"Or maybe there is more to the story." Henry said as he looked at Emma.

"You two are going to be late for school." Emma said looking to Henry then Maya. "Let's go." She said as she got up.

"You hold onto the book for now Henry." Maya said as Henry put it in his bag and they got up to leave.

They walked to school and Henry saw his mom. "I'll see you later." Maya said as she walked to her class room.

The kids looked at her and said some things before being quiet. She looked at her sweater to see if there was something on it but there wasn't.

She sat at her desk and took out her stuff for class.

"That's the girl who is friends with a ten year old." She heard one of the kids whisper as another laughed.

She looked up and around the class then to the kid. "He's twice the person you will ever be. More mature too." Maya said as everyone looked at the bully and laughed a bit. She went through the rest of the school day quietly then went to Ms. Blanchard's class room to see how her first day back went.

They talked for a while and Mary Margaret invited Maya over for dinner.

"Is Emma eating dinner with us too?" Maya asked as she helped make dinner. They were making chicken with macaroni and cheese and brocolli.

"I don't know sweetie. She should have been home by now." Mary Margaret said as they put the food on the plates.

"Thank you for having me over." Maya smiled as she put the Mac and cheese on the plates.

"I'm glad to have you. Besides I'm glad to be home and I like to be here with you." Ms. Blanchard smiled as she put some brocolli on the plates. They sat down at the bar and began to eat.

"So is Ms. Nolan okay now?" Maya asked as she looked to the teacher.

"I was told she was in the hospital still. A lot has happened to her so she probably is still shaken up." The teacher said as they ate.

"I'm glad your back home too." Maya smiled as she ate some more food.

They ate some more and Emma was still not home. "Should I stay here with you?" Maya asked as she finished up the dishes.

"No it's okay. I'm sure she will be home later." Mary Margaret smiled as Maya walked to the door.

"Okay. I'll see you later." Maya smiled as she opened the door.

"Bye Maya." Mary Margaret said before Maya walked out and went to the convent.

Maya heard someone clear their throats and turned to see the mayor. "Shouldn't you be home by now?" She asked looking to the girl.

"I was just heading home now." Maya said to the woman. She felt off about the situation going on. She was also wondering why the Mayor was out so late as well. She began to walk away.

"You mean to the convent." The mayor said as Maya stopped walking. "With the people who don't care about you."

"I'm sorry did I do something wrong?" Maya asked looking to the woman.

"You need to stop believing in my sons silly little book. Your making him act disobedient and I want it to stop." Regina said angrily to the girl.

"Why would you be so mad about the book if it wasn't real?" Maya said crossing her arms. She was mad at Regina for insulting her.

Regina stayed quite for a second. "I already told you why."

"You hesitated." Maya said looking to the woman. "You see I think you are just worried that I'm going to make Emma believe and after that we will defeat you."

"Defeat me?" Regina said fakely. "Don't get on my bad side orphan. I can send you away." Regina said getting close to Maya. "A random girl living at a convent? It would be better if you were maybe put in the system."

Maya looked at her wide eyed. "They wouldn't let it happen. Ms. Blanchard wouldn't either."

"You think she is your family? Don't be silly." Regina said to the girl.

"She is and so is Emma." Maya said angrily.

"And how is that?" She asked looking at the girl agitated but curious.

"You still don't know do you?" Maya said looking at the woman with squinted eyes. "You'll just have to figure it out before time runs out. Goodnight Mayor Mills." Maya said before walking away.

She went to sleep and woke up the next day. She decided to walk around when she saw Henry frantically running to Granny's.

"Henry?" Maya said as Henry looked to her.

"Maya. We are in trouble. Emma is trying to leave." Henry said as he looked at her.

"What?" Maya said shocked. This wasn't good.

"We have to go talk to August so he can help." Henry said as Maya nodded. They went to his room and knocked on the door.

"One second." They heard August say before opening the door.

"August we need your help." Maya said as Henry pushed inside and Maya followed.

"What's wrong?" He said as the two kids panted.

"Emma. She's trying to leave. You said you could make her believe." Henry said looking up to him.

"I know. I'm sorry I failed." August said looking down to them defeated.

"You failed?" Henry asked surprised and confused.

"I tried to show her. At first it was my legs and now-" August started as he showed them his arm. It was wooden. "Now take a look at the unvarnished truth."

"It's wood." Maya looked surprised.

"Yes." He said looking at his arm.

"All of this. The curse it's real." Henry said looking to Maya.

"Your both very smart kids." August said putting his sleeve back up.

"And you." Maya said looking from Henry to August. "You must be Pinocchio. You put the story in our book didn't you?" Maya said curiously with a smile.

"I did." August nodded.

"But why are you turning back to wood? You should be real." Henry said looking to him confused.

"I'm changing back because I haven't exactly been a good boy." August said as he looked at Henry. "And well-" He said as he got on his knees. "If the curse doesn't break then this doesn't stop."

"So we just tell Emma that your turning to the puppet you were and then she will have to believe." Henry said happily.

"I tried that. She doesn't want to see it so she doesn't. There is nothing more that I can do." August said as he sighed. "I'm getting tired. It hurts to ride it hurts to walk. Soon it will be hard to breathe."

"That means we have to do something fast." Maya said looking to Henry.

"There is nothing more to do. With the little time I have left, I want to spend with my father." August said looking to them with a smile.

"Marco." Henry smiled back.

"Told you you were smart." August said before getting up and walking to the door.

"So everyone is giving up." Henry said to August.

"I'm afraid I don't have a choice. I'm sorry kids I'm out of operation cobra. Now it's up to you two." August said as he closed the door.

"We have to get her to stop." Maya said to Henry. "Before it's to late. Your mom came up to me last night. I think she is catching on that I'm the savior too. We don't have much time either."

"Okay." Henry nodded as he gave Maya the book. "Think of a plan and then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. You too. Don't do anything dangerous." Maya said as she and Henry parted ways. Maya spent the day walking around town and thinking of ideas but nothing was coming to mind.

It got late pretty quickly and Maya was walking to the convent. Out of nowhere she felt really scared and nervous. She didn't know what it was but it felt external like it wasn't actually her feelings. The first thing that came to mind was Emma. She ran to the loft to see if she was there and an ambulance passed by her.

"Oh my gosh." She said as she felt the gut wrenching feeling. "Emma what happened?" She said as she followed the ambulance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 142 11
THIS FIC CONTAINS SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL 4 SEASONS OF OUAT Set at the time Robin Hood leaves Regina and Storybrooke with Maria...
4.7K 185 25
It's been a year since Pearl's arrival in StoryBrooke. Ever since the curse was placed upon, Pearl has been living a lie. Thinking like everyone els...
3.5K 91 11
**COMPLETED** What if Henry wasn't Emma's son? What if he was her childhood friend, her chosen brother? What if he helped her run and escape the abus...
41.6K 1K 14
[Book #4 in the series OUAT Peter Pan x Reader] Y/N, Peter, Henry, and many others made it back to Storybrooke. But it's not just them who made it ba...