Sagesse ☾ Derek Hale {2}

By blankissues

☾ ✩ What you are doesn't define who you are...but can you know who you are without knowing what? ✩ ☽ While se... More

prologue; abigail sagesse argent
one; nothing
three; nutrition is key
four; uninvited
five; defective
six; night terrors
seven; nine pounds
eight; paper balls
nine; the past is a bitch
ten; annoying deputies
eleven; catching friends?
twelve; 'new' hot girl
thirteen; creature of the night
A/N
fourteen; aftermath
fifteen; strange occurrences
A/N
sixteen; americas next top model
seventeen; needing answers
eighteen; pool party
nineteen; class participation
twenty; science class
twenty one; bathroom pit stops
twenty two; save the strawberry blonde
twenty three; field meetings
twenty four; lydia protection plan
twenty five; J 37
AN
twenty six; nightclubs and armani
twenty seven; beer and men
twenty eight; ex's and hope
twenty nine; its just a start
thirty; an unexpected visit
thirty one; in a van?
thirty two; escape
thirty three; caught
thirty four; get out
thirty five; lizard librarian
thirty six; start healing

two; life threatening conversations

21K 465 29
By blankissues

I rush over to the parked Jeep with Allison on my tail.

Scott's surprised eyes find my sister's quickly, "What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us."

At his words I look around to make sure no one sketchy is in sight. After Allison, and my dad, almost killing Scott, they've decided to keep their relationship on the down low.

To my dad's knowledge, their relationship is nonexistent.

As for my dad's knowledge of me, I am currently nonexistent.

Yeah, apparently it's hard to be a hunter and look your own daughter in the eye after she was bit by a werewolf, but has yet to show any sign of whatever the hell she is.

I snap back into reality at the sound of Allison's determined voice, "I don't care, she is my best friend, and we need to find her before they do."

Scott looks between the two of us with a sharp look in his eyes, "I can find her before the cops can."

I sigh worriedly before speaking, "Yeah, well how about before our father does?"

Stiles leans forward and looks at me with wide eyes, "He knows?"

Allison looks back at me before nodding at the two in front of us, "Yeah. We just saw him and three other guys leave our house in two SUVs."

Scott looks ahead with unfocused, but thoughtful eyes, "Search party."

I scoff and look at the ground, "Not really. If anything, it's more like a hunting party."

"Get in." Scott opens the door and I let Allison climb in first before following her. I sit on the leather backseat of the Jeep I've come to know so well before letting out another sigh.

Stiles gives me a quick, but worried look,"All right, but if she's turning, would they actually kill her?"

"I don't know. They won't tell me anything. Okay, all they say is, 'We'll talk after Kate's funeral, when the others get here'."

Allison answers before I can and I hold back the urge to tell them the truth. Yes, they wouldn't hesitate to at least take Lydia into 'custody' if they found her turning. She would be considered a danger.

Both of the boy's attentions get caught by Allison's words, "What others?"

Allison looks at me before talking, "I don't know, they won't tell me that yet."

That definitely is something that's been scratching me the wrong way.

Others.

I can only assume he means other hunters and that does nothing, but worry me further. Although I wouldn't even know this information if it wasn't for Allison. Another piece of information I would love to know is that if there are other hunters on their way, do they know about me?

Stiles rolls his eyes at the news, "Okay, your family's got some serious communication issues to work on," I laugh sarcastically at his words before staring at Scott hanging out of the window directing Stiles on where to go. "Scott, are we going the right way?"

Man, sometimes super senses seriously come in handy. Scott's voice travels from the open window into the Jeep, "Take the next right!"

I feel my eyebrows pull together in confusion as we soon pull up to an all too familiar area.

"She came here? You sure?"

Scott shrugs, but I can see the slight confusion on his face, "Yeah, this is where the scent leads."

I stare nervously at the empty burned house standing in front of us. I haven't come back here since that night and I try my best to ignore the cold chills running through my body. I keep my gaze on the front door before it falls to the ground where I once laid in the worst pain I've ever experienced.

I let out a deep breath and realize I had been holding it in. Scott looks back at me with worried eyes and I jump slightly when his hand comes in contact with my arm, "Abby, you okay?"

I blink a few times before focusing on his voice and nodding quickly, "Yeah, I'm good."

Scott continues to look at me worriedly, but I let my attention fall back onto the current conversation, "Alright, but has Lydia ever been here?"

Allison shakes her head while looking around, "Not with me. Maybe she came here on instinct, like she was looking for Derek."

I nod lightly agreeing with her before Scott voices my own thoughts, "You mean looking for an Alpha?"

I finally find my voice again and look between the three of them, "Well, wolves thrive on a need for a pack. It would like natural instinct to find an alpha, or even just other werewolves."

Scott looks at me hesitantly, "Not all of them."

"But would she have been drawn to an Alpha? Is it an instinct to be part of a pack?" Allison asks contributing to the idea.

He looks around thoughtfully, "Yeah, we're-we're stronger in packs."

"Like strength in numbers." I understand where her thought process was coming from, but I also know for werewolves it is different. They literally feed off of the power of each other and use it to make each other stronger.

Scott slowly shakes his head before explaining the feeling, "No, like-like, literally stronger, faster, better in every way. That'll make Derek stronger too."

I notice Stiles bent down looking at something near the ground and move towards him. I bend down next to him and let out a short laugh as he jumps slightly. I let my eyes follow his and they widen at the sight of the thin wire running across, but above, the ground.

"Whoa, hey, look at this. You see this? I think it's a tripwire."

"Stiles-" I reach to grab his hand, but he moves too quickly and suddenly pulls the wire. I let out a sigh before turning and holding back a laugh at the sight before me.

Scott spins upside down, as one foot is wrapped by the wire hanging him from the tree, "Stiles."

Stiles looks up with a genuine look of interest before catching sight of his friend, "Yeah, buddy-Oh."

"Next time you see a tripwire-don't trip it." Scott says while still slowly spinning in the air. I let my hand fall over my mouth to hide the smile on my lips.

Stiles nods, still taking in the sight, "Yeah, noted."

Scott suddenly looks over to the left and his face becomes much more serious, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Someone's coming. Hide. Go!"

I hesitate and feel confusion flood through me as I can hear the sound of voices and leaves crunching beneath feet. I don't have time to think before Stiles yanks my arm and pulls me behind a tree.

I turn to him with worried eyes, "Did you hear that?" He looks at me confused before we both turn at the sound of a familiar voice.

I feel my eyes widen at the sight of my dad standing in front of a still hanging Scott, "Scott?"

Scott looks at my father coolly before responding, "Mr. Argent."

"How are you doing?"

Scott shrugs as best as he can, "Good. You know, just hangin' out. Is this one of yours? It's, uh, good. Nice design. Very constricting."

"What are you doing out here, Scott?" I roll my eyes at the formalness in his voice and hold back a scoff.

Scott turns serious again, "Looking for my friend."

My dad slowly walks around Scott while nodding, "Ah, that's right. Lydia's in your group now, isn't she? Part of the clique? Is that the word you use? Or is there another way to put it? Part of your pack?"

"Actually, clique sounds about right to me."

He stops in front of Scott, and even though I can't see him, I can only picture the look on his face, "I hope so. 'Cause I know she's a friend of Allison's, and one special circumstance, such as yourself-one, I can handle. Not two."

I ignore the feeling of hurt as he doesn't even bother including me. Although Lydia and I aren't the closest friends, he definitely knows Scott, Stiles, and I are.

"Scott, do you know what a hemicorporectomy is?" I cringe at the word as soon as it leaves his mouth, picturing the action in my head.

Scott sighs and looks slightly pained, "I have a feeling I don't want to."

He ignores Scott as he slowly starts to move towards Scott again, "A medical term for amputating somebody at the waist. Cutting them in half," He swings his arms lightly as if doing it and Scott's eyes widen slightly. "Takes a tremendous amount of strength to cut through tissue and bone like that. Let's hope a demonstration never becomes necessary."

As soon as my dad moves out of sight, we all come out from hiding. Allison is the first to speak, "You okay?"

Scott shrugs nonchalantly, but I see the stress in his eyes, "It's just another life threatening conversation with your dad."

I hit Stiles's arm lightly and start to move towards Scott, "Help me get him down."

Scott suddenly swings his clawed hand up and cuts the line before landing perfectly on his feet, "Thanks. But I think I got it."

I watch him for a second before rolling my eyes jokingly, "Okay, show off. Now, lets go find Lydia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.7K 18
Ten years. It's been ten years since the fire incident that burned my house and killed most of my family. Now, I decided to return to Beacon Hills...
91.4K 2K 26
Leila Santiago-McCall is back! After defeating the alpha and knowing the truth about who killed her family, Leila thought that things would finally r...
596K 11.9K 31
Season 4 (Book 2) Chelsea Argent has been through it all. Ever since her dad left, she has been living with Scott and Melissa McCall. The death of he...
447K 17.5K 25
"I've always found you kind of heartless." "What's the point of having a heart if it doesn't even work?" ● ● ● With Derek turning teens left and righ...