Saving Cara

By haileyyyeve

Cara is a 17 year old girl who had lost her dad. She's a cheerleader and track star also in photography. She'... More

Characters:
School Day:
Help:
Ignoring:
Double trouble:
Dress Picking:
Leak:
All Alone:
Beat up:
Bound to Cameron:
Its So Hard:
Fragile Like Glass:
Worst Wedding:
Guilt:
Therapist:
Fist Fight:
Sleepover:
One Month:
Im Sorry:
Justice:
TWO MONTHS LATER:
TWO MONTHS LATER 2:
He's Gone:
4 YEARS LATER:

Pain:

317 3 1
By haileyyyeve

Cara POV

I woke up on my own, way earlier than my actual alarm. I went to the bathroom and looked at my bruise to see it was brown, purple, and yellow. And my neck had just bruised from the teeth marks and faint hickeys.

I pulled over my black Hoodie and slid my black joggers on. I put my hair over my bruises of my neck. I walk downstairs and see Tim on his phone and Mom cooking.

"Tim could you give me a ride?" I ask and my mom almost drops her pan.

"He'd love to sweety!" Mom yelled in joy and threw the keys at him.

"Yeah!" Tim looked at me in disbelief. "I'm surprised Cara!" He starts when we are in the car.

"Why?" I ask.

"Look, I know you've been having a hard time. Especially what happened to your dad." He says.

"I don't need pitty Tim." I said.

"Cara, when I was 19 I lost both of my parents." He says and I look at him. The car stopped and I noticed we where at my school.

"I have to go." I said opening the door.

"Cara, I'm here for you and your mom." He assures me and I close the car door. I hesitantly walk into school gripping my bag with a death grip. I get to my locker and open the lock setting things I don't need in it and things I need out of it.

"Cara, have you been crying?" I hear Reagans voice.

"What? No." I say softly. I brush my hair to the sides of neck. "How did the party go?" I ask her.

"It was fun!" She smiles brightly. I jump when someone wraps there arm around my waist.

"Me and Cara need to talk alone Reagan." Cameron says and pulls me away from her.

"I got you a gift." Cameron says and pulls out a box of chocolate he puts them in my hands and he starts to pull my hair closer to my neck.

"I-" I start "I don't want to date you anymore, Cameron." I state. He tries to pull me into a room but I stop him "no." I say but he pushes me into it forcefully and no one saw.

"You! Will! Not!" He yelled at me and I felt a sting on my cheek. I put my hand on it just for it to burn again. "You want to break up so you can go to Grayson! You're such a whore!" He yelled, he punched the wall making a hole into it. He got in front of me again and I flinched "cover it up!" He yelled and went out of the room. I slid from the desk to my butt and started to cry.

I got up and wiped the tears and started to walk to class with my hand up to my cheek. I was already late and I sat next to Grayson.

"Why are you absent, Cara?" Mr. Asher asked me.

"It doesn't matter." My voice was weak and cracked. I turn my head to see Grayson looking at me.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, I started shaking my leg.

"I'm fine." I replied.

~

At the end of the hour I was bending down to grab my stuff, someone had tapped my shoulder and I jumped.

"Sorry, Cara. Let me get that." Grayson said picking up the heavy book.

"Thanks." I said and we started to walk to my locker.

"Do you mind if I could come over to your house later. And maybe we could study for all of our hours?" He wondered. We stopped in front of my locker and I smiled at him, before I could answer Cameron came behind me and grabbed my waist protectively.

"That'd be nice Grayson." I said and grabbed my book from him putting it in my locker.

"Okay. Bye Cara!" He smiled and left.

"What was that about?" Cameron asked.

"He was just holding my book for me." I said to Cameron, not looking at him and grabbing my stuff.

"I could've done that." Cameron commented, I looked back at him to see he was staring angrily at Grayson.

"He was just being nice to me." I said turning back around and grabbing my stuff. "I have to go."

I tried to leave but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back in front of him. He pushed me up against the locker and look at Grayson to see he was watching. Cameron pushed his lips against mine roughly, he put his hand up my shirt and to my back. He let go of me and whispered into my ear.

"Don't give me trouble." He walked away and I breathed out a breath I didn't know I held.

~

Me and Reagan were walking into the locker rooms to change.

"Where you going?" Reagan asked me.

"Just to the bathroom. I'm going to change there too." I said. I took off my outfit and slid on my uniform. I looked at myself in the mirror to see I had bags and puffy eyes still. The bruises on my neck were still noticeable. I put my hair up into a pony tail since we have to, it went to my mid-back with waves.

I walked out of the locker rooms and Cameron was standing outside the lockers.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Put your hair down." He said.

"I can't Mrs. Pagget says we have to put our hair up." I said not looking at him.

"Then lie." He said smirking.

"I have to go." I said. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. He gently leaned me against the wall and kissed me with his hand holding tightly onto my jaw. I held onto his wrist that was on my jaw and my other hand held tightly onto his waist.

"You still look like a slut in this." Cameron put his hand up my blue skirt and I pushed his hand away. "It's the length of my hand!" He over exaggerates.

"I have to go! And you do too." I said pushing past him and going to practice. I look at the field to see Grayson looking at me with worry in his eyes.

"Cara!" Mrs. Pagget yelled at me making me jump.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Stop staring and get busy!" She yelled I nodded and started to do push ups.

~

In my second hour Grayson had given me his number so I could call him.

I got dressed back into my other clothes and called Tim to pick me up. I was waiting on him when Cameron turned me around and kissed me roughly grabbing my ass.

"Is Tim picking you up?" He asked me holding my hand tightly.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Why don't I give you a ride?" He asked.

"Tims already on his way." I said "my mom wants Tim to pick me up now." I lied. Right on time Tim pulled up. Cameron walked me to the car and opened my door, he bent down and kissed me looking at Tim.

"Bye, baby." Cameron closed the door.

"Wow." Tim said "are you okay?" Tim asked "you seem... sad?"

"Drive Tim." I said buckling my seat belt.

~

I walked into the house and Tim stopped me.

"Cara, come here." He said. I turned around and he grabbed my hand gently making me flinch. He brought me into the kitchen and turned the lights on. I sat down at the dinner table and he stared at me.

"What Tim?" I said "I have homework." Without saying anything Tim moved my ponytail back and I got up instantly moving it back.

"Does he hurt you?" Tim asks angrily.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I said "Grayson is coming over." I say and grab my bag again and go upstairs.

I lay on my bed and start to call Grayson.

"Can you come over?" I ask him immediately.

"Yeah. What time?" He asks through the phone.

"Now." I said. "I'll give you my address." We hung  up and I texted him my address.

~

The doorbell rang and I ran down stairs and opened the door to see Grayson.

"Hey." I said opening the door further for him to come in.

"Who's this?" Tim asks from the kitchen and my mom peaks her head over to see Grayson.

"I'm Grayson!" Grayson says. I grab his hand and drag him upstairs, I shut my door and he sits on my bed admiring my room. "Your dad seems nice." He says taking out books.

"That's Tim, not my dad." I said sitting in my black spinning chair.

"Oh." He says.

"So, what are we going to study first?" I ask him looking at my five books.

"We can starts with Mr. Asher." He said.

"What do we have to do for that one?" I ask.

"Read a book." He said. "It has all the answers.

"What's the book about?" I ask grabbing the book from him. "It's about a girl that's gone through pain, torture, and abuse from her dad and boyfriend-" I mumble to myself but stop. "What other subject?" I ask not wanting to read the book.

"There's math!?" He says raising both his eyebrows.

"Yes." I said. He got up and put the book down in front of me. I look up at him to see he was already staring at me. "Anyways..." I start and look back at the book.

"Car (care)" he says giving me a nickname.

"Yes?" I ask looking at him.

"My dad would" he couldn't really say it with out his voice cracking "my dad would hurt me and my mom." He said

"Gray-" I couldn't finish.

"I don't want the same thing happen to you." He sounds like he's begging.

"Grayson, I'm fine." I say smiling faintly.

"I saw him shove you into that room." He starts "when you hold your cheek." He pushes my hair away from my neck and I have a tank top on.

"Have you never heard of sex Gray(grey)?" I asked covering it up.

"Care, stop covering for him!" He whisper yells. "You're so beautiful!" He said "you deserve someone that will treat you like a damn queen!" He said to me, looking me in the eyes. He touches my cheek and I close my eyes.

"He doesn't hurt me." I said and he let go. My door opens and Tim stands there with Cameron behind him.

"Like I said Cameron, they're studying." Tim told Cameron.

"Yes we are." I said looking down.

"Can I talk to Cara, alone?" Cameron demanded.

"I'll just leave." Grayson said packing up his stuff.

"I'll walk you out." I added. I got up and Cameron stayed in my room while I opened my door for Grayson.

"Just call me if anything bad happens." He says.

"Okay." I said. He gave me a sad look before walking away.

"Honey, me and Tim are going to go to the store. We'll be back soon." Mom said giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaving.

I hesitantly go up the short flights of stairs. I go into my room and see Cameron rubbing his chin and breathing heavily.

"Why the hell are you wearing that!?" He yells immediately and slams the door shut making me jump. "You were trying to fuck him! Weren't you?!" He yelled in front of my face.

"No." I said begging.

"Then why are you dressed like a five dollar tramp!" He snaps the strap of my tank top. "Do you want to be fucked!?" I look at him in disgust.

"What are you talking about!?" I yelled "all I'm wearing are joggers and a tank top!" His face becomes furious and he grabs my neck.

"I'll show you what you want." He said throwing me on my bed. He starts to undo his belt and get on top of me.

~

I lay there naked and sore under the covers. Cameron gets up and gets dressed, he throws my clothes at me and I sit up with the covers over me.

"Bye baby." He said kissing me roughly and leaves.

I put on my bra and underwear, I look at my body mirror to see I have more bruises and hickeys now. I put on clothes and sit down in a corner not wanting to lay on my bed and start to cry.

~

I took a quick shower and hopped out. I hesitantly got on my bed, I immediately got up being repulsed by what happened. I grab a blanket and go downstairs on the couch and sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.6K 31
Enemies to lovers❀️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
2.4K 45 21
"What!?" he says with fire burning in his eyes but I can't seem to look away not even once. "What do you mean what all I did was go to a party and ha...
11.5K 501 30
[NEEDS HEAVY EDITING] You wouldn't think your sister best friends brother would be your most cocky brash player in your class? Well unfortunately for...
11.5K 360 19
Harmony is a 17 year old girl. She is shy, smart, kind, quiet, and introverted. People at school call her mean and hurtful things. Her father abuses...