Killer

By AstralShadows

A mysterious girl with a mysterious past is contacted by the king of hell himself. It was supposed to be an... More

Interrogation.
Impressions.
Indulgences.
Confessions.
A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.
Finding Family.
Betrayed.
Our Bet And His Present.
Hunting Ghosts.
Coexistence.
Runaways.
No Chick Flick Moments.
Barton Hollow.
Family.
My Way Home.
Little Games.
Surprises Come In Pairs.
Crashing Down.
Conversations And Bedtime Stories.
Beauty In The Breakdown
The Truth About Purgatory.
Of Love And Pie.
About Her (Swan Song)
Family Begins With Love.
Epilogue: Honeymoon.
Author's Note.
Author's Note: Part Two!

Mysterious Girl, Deceived.

4.9K 133 103
By AstralShadows

New York City, New York

A rifle hangs in the window.  My eye stares down the scope as I wait for my target to appear.  I had been sitting in this room for hours.  Although being a hunter, of sorts, usually went without thanks. My job was much more thankless.  Sure, you get paid really well.  But there were also long periods of time alone.  Saturday nights spent breaking into empty hotel rooms and waiting.  Tonight was a corrupt politician.  But he wasn't a human, not anymore.  Every creature of hell had become more brazen.  And they were making their way into the normal world's hierarchy.  This one was a shifter.  Oh they were crafty sons of bitches.  It didn't make sense why these creatures were doing what they were.  But it wasn't my job to figure that out.  Someone too afraid to make a change tells me where to point and I shoot. My target finally appeared.  My rifle cocked as I aimed my mark.  A silver bullet right in the chest would take care of him.  Playing Senator, how cute.  The reaches of those things that go bump in the night were growing.  Which meant I was needed more than ever.  I lined my shot through the cross hairs of the scope.  Oblivious son of a bitch didn't stand a chance. The trigger pulled.  In a moment the bullet punctured their chest.  A loud scream, heard from my room on the tenth floor, resonated through the night air.  I took my gun apart as sirens started to echo through the night air.  I placed each piece in my case.  A figure appeared behind me.

"Still killing in the name of good?" a British voice asked.

"Yup, what do you want Crowley?" I asked.

"Just visiting."

"It's been peaceful without your little visits."

"That hurts."

"Oh? I didn't know you had feelings."

"You're always so short with me."

"Maybe that's because I really don't want to see you.  Plus, I need to get going."

"This life doesn't suit you.  If you-" he began.

"No."

"But-"

"My answer is, and always will be, no."

"That's a chat for another day.  I have work for you."

"I'm already booked full."

"Right, that's why I took the liberty of disposing of the dispatcher of your next job."

He looked pleased with himself.  That smirk, that cocky way he held himself.  King of hell, my ass.  How bad could hell really be if this guy was king?  I pulled a knife from its place on the left side of my waist.  It twirled in my hand as I caught the hilt and pointed it toward him.  His eyes admired the blade before stepping back a single step.

"You know what this is then?" I grinned.

"Where did you get that?"

"Oh, this? Payment for one of my last jobs. From the man you had dispatched.  A dear friend of mine. So don't think I won't drive this blade straight through you and-"

"I'm paying, let's say, triple what you got paid for this job," he returned the fading grin on my face.

"That is a lot of money.  Must be a big job.  What the hell do you want me to do?"

"Simple.  I have a man with a lot of potential, but a certain companion of his is holding him back."

"You're paying that much for something that easy?  Who is it?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Everything is here," he extended his hand with an envelope between his fingers.

I took the envelope from his hand and tore into it.  It had a location and a time.  There was a description of the man, but it was pretty vague, but I didnt have time to fully read it.  But it seemed vague enough that anyone could fit that description.  Just from what I read at least. I tried to protest, but when I looked up from the paper he was gone.  Footsteps moved through the hallway.  They were uniform, in near perfect sync with each other.  Someone probably saw something from the window I had been perched in.  The knife returned to its holster on my side.  I picked up the case on the ground.  My head turned as a voice boomed from the other side of the door.  Rapid knocking followed as I sighed.  No other way to leave.  Just before the door burst open I was gone from the room.  No trace of my presence was left when the door burst open.  I was outside by my bike.  More sirens swarmed the hotel which was now blocks away.   I attached the case to the custom holder I built for my bike.  My hand tied my hair back before sliding my helmet over my head.  Of course this wasn't my ideal form of transportation.  I once saw this mint condition 1973 Dodge Charger.  She was beautiful.  Not practical for city work.  A bike was much more maneuverable, much more practical for losing anyone following me.  Maybe one day.  My leg swung over the seat as I hit the kickstand with my foot.  My destination was in western Pennsylvania. But I'd be able to make it in time.  I had sixteen hours to arrive.  And I had made it farther in less time. The engine started as I took off down the alley I had been parked in.  It was well known, especially to me, that you couldn't trust Crowley further than you could throw him.  But I had my own ties to him that kept my threats of killing him to idle ones.  But that was a story for another day.

Hours ago the scenery had changed from the concrete jungle of New York.  Now I was surrounded by farmland on an empty road in Pennsylvania.  I pulled off at a gas station in a very small town.  A few businesses and houses speckled the road that brought me into the slightly more populated center.  I hopped off my bike.  A wave of fresh air hit my face when I removed my helmet.  I took a deep breath as the cool night air danced across my face.  It felt nice.  I headed inside, used the rest room, grabbed a drink and a snack.  I got to the front and paid for my things.  My tank was low on gas so I threw a little extra down for gas.  The clerk thanked me as I walked out of the shop.  I started filling up my tank. Another car pulled up, but I paid it no mind at first.  Two male voices spoke while exiting the car.  One headed inside while the other started to fill the gas tank.  I put the nozzle back when  the flow of gas stopped. My hand guided the nozzle back to its place.  The swishing of the cheap plastic bag continued until I found the apple I had bought.  I breathed on it and shined it up on my sleeve.  I knew this wasn't a good way to wash it.  But a gas station apple was the least of my worries.  Worse things could come for me. Crunch.  That satisfying sound of biting into an apple resonated in the otherwise silent night.  Only to be followed by words I didn't know at the time would come from a very familiar voice.

"Dude, don't forget the pie," the man said.

"Alright," the other laughed.

"I'm serious."

My eyes lifted slightly.  At first I was just trying to catch a glance of what type of grown man would demand pie.  But no, it wasn't him I saw first.  The first thing I saw was the shiny, black paint of the car next to me.  At first I thought it was my dream car.  I stepped between the pumps just staring at the car.

"She is beautiful," I said munching carelessly on my apple.

"A woman with good taste," he laughed.

"See, I always wanted a 73 Charger," my figure walked around the car, "but I think it has just changed.  She is in great condition for a 67."

The man mumbled under his breath.  I didn't quite catch it but if I had to make a guess it sounded an awful lot like marry me.  But that was preposterous.  People don't say that to strangers.  And definitely not to me.  Normally my exterior was much colder.  But I guess unlike most women, a nice set of wheels made me more personable.  Sad that I could relate to inanimate object more than people.

"What kinda car do you drive?" he asked.

"Bike over there is mine," I answered, "where are my manners? I'm ____ and you are?"

"Dean."

"Well, it's been a pleasure-"

My eyes finally lifted from the car.  His eyes were stunning.  I coughed as a piece of apple caught in the back of my throat.  My face flushed with heat as I ran to my bike and took a long drink of my water.

"You okay?" he laughed.

"Yeah, that was highly embarrassing."

"So where you heading?"

"I have a job out in Sewickley, then who knows."

"Isn't that funny?  That's exactly where I am heading.  Maybe if you aren't too busy with work we could grab a drink," he offered.

"I'd like that, let me give you my number."

Neither of us had a pen so he handed me his phone.  Deftly my hands entered my number and handed the phone back.  I smiled before walking back to my bike.  I tossed the trash in a nearby garbage can.  I pulled my hair back as I picked up the helmet.

"Better call me," I smiled.

"You better believe I will," he grinned.

I looked at my watch.  I had four hours to get there.  My helmet slid onto my head.  I gave a slight wave of my hand.  The engine roared to a start. My bike took off quickly. The single tail light fading in the distance.

"What was that?" the other man inquired.

"That is what I will be doing after work tomorrow, Sam," he stated proudly.

"Great another night sleeping in the car."

"Actually, she is on business in the same town we are going to.  So, she might have a house or something."

"Let me guess, I handle the research while you go out and have fun."

"Well, I wasn't going to make you, but if you're offering."

"Let's go.  It's late and we are only a few hours out. I need a little sleep tonight."

They got in the car and headed down the same road I had went.  I hadn't slept in a few days, but I had been working nonstop.  After this maybe I would be able to take a few days to relax.  The rest of the trip was mainly backroads.  So my travel was much quicker than expected.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania

I pulled into the first cheap motel I found.  I pushed my bike out of the sight of the other parking spaces. The helmet came off of my head.  I shut off the engine and stood up with a large yawn, followed by a stretching motion.  I grabbed my case and walked into the shadows.  There was a run down bar next door.  I loosened the strap on my case.  It wrapped over one shoulder so it hung across my back.  I looked at the building.  A pair of gloves pulled over my hands.  The only way up was on that dumpster.  My hands grabbed the top as my body followed up.  I stood on the lid, my eyes moving quickly.  There was a sturdy pole that led up to the gutter.  My hands wrapped around it.  I swung my feet over.  They pressed against the wall.  Both my feet and hands worked in unison to carry me up the building.  I grabbed the edge and pulled myself onto the roof.  The case set next to me after pulling it off of my shoulder.  I grabbed the envelope Crowley gave to me.  I reread the description.  This time I actually read through everything since I wasn't at the scene of a job.  Well, at least after completing one.  Only one name as there with his description:  Sam, tall, moose-like male, needs haircut, dark hair.

"Are you kidding me, Crowley?" my voice hissed, "what the hell does moose-like even mean?"

I lay down near the edge.  My hands quickly putting the gun together.  Lastly, I attached the scope.  Now I just had to play the waiting game.  It was just under an hour that a car pulled into the parking lot.  I checked my watch.  Just about time.  My head lifted from the scope. My eyes narrowed.

"No way," my voice barely spoke.

The very man I had given my number to earlier got out of the driver's  seat.   The other man, who I hadn't even met, from the passenger side.  My gun dropped.  Dean looked over at the building.

"Hey Sam, why don't you go check in, I'm gonna grab a beer at that bar," he said.

"No way," I repeated in a hushed tone, "what have you gotten me into, Crowley?"

I had strayed from the job for just a moment.  Both of the men had disappeared.  This guy had to be something bad.  And someone big for Crowley to hire me.  I leaned in, my eye resting on the scope now trained on the door to the office.   My breath slowed as it held its mark on the door.  Something scuffed on the roof behind me.  I turned pulling a pistol from the holster on my right hip.  It aimed at a familiar face.  Dean stared at me holding the letter from Crowley.  I lowered the pistol before setting the rifle on the ground.  My body raised up slowly as he stared at me.

"Did you know who I was back there?" he demanded.

"What? No, I wasn't even sure if I could do this job.  I can explain what I do.  It might be hard for you to understand, but-"

"This letter kinda says it all.  You're supposed to kill my brother."

"This gonna hurt what we had going on earlier?"

He narrowed his eyes as I set my weapon down.  I held my hands in the air.  So he could see I was no threat to him.

"Listen, I know this might sound crazy.  But I don't kill humans."

"Have you been tracking us?"

"What?  No, will you just listen-"

He had closed the distance between us.  I wanted to explain, but he wasn't listening to me.  Before I could answer  I saw a fist flying into my line of view.  My hand hit his forearm.  I side stepped as he flew past me. He stumbled a few steps.  My mouth opened, but again a wide punch came toward me.  Another deflection.  I followed his movement.  My hand clenched as a fist drove into his side.  He coughed and turned back to me.

"What the hell are you?" he asked.

"That's a story that requires a drink or two.  Still up for that drink?" I grinned.

"Yeah."

"Let me just get my things."

I turned for just a moment.  Barely even halfway turned I felt him nearing me.  My head turned as something much harder than a fist crashed against my head.  The impact sent a bright light flashing through my vision.  I stumbled backwards.  His hand grabbed me and shoved me to the ground.

"Guess we're not getting that drink after all," my voice laughed.

"No, not at least until I get some answers."

"You just had to ask.  This is really going to hurt tomorrow."

"Yeah, it is."

His fist pulled back. Landing square against my face.  My body went limp and my eyes closed.  He stood up packed up the weapons.  They landed on the ground.  He called to Sam.

"The hell are you doing up there?" Sam hissed.

"Incoming," he said dropping me over the edge.

Sam quickly dropped what he was holding and caught the falling figure.  He looked at me then to Dean.

"What the hell did you do?"

"Someone sent her to kill you.  I wanna find out who and why," Dean replied.

"Did you try asking?"

"She tried to explain."

"So you knocked her out?"

"That's the girl who gave me her number.  So yeah. If she's been on our tail.  I wanna know why."

Dean carried the cases into the room.  Sam stood for a moment before following his brother inside.  Sam set me on a chair near the table.  Dean didn't waste a moment tying my limbs to it.

"Overkill much, Dean?"

"Sam, I need some shut eye and I won't sleep with her running around trying to kill you."

"But-"

"No buts, Sammy.  Get some shut eye.  We'll deal with her in the morning."

Hey guys! Welcome to my new book. I hope you enjoy this work as much as the last story.  It should be fun!  Let me know you are enjoying the story with your votes and comments.  If not, no worries, just enjoy the ride!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 0 25
AUDIOBOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY!!! name : a world in which i was me user : tidaldreams So this is a fic I have been working for a long time, I'm...
657 145 31
Two girls, who've never known each other besides the fact that their fathers despise each other, somehow gets involved in the hunt. When Castiel send...
170K 5.5K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
150K 3.5K 21
Hello I'm Gabrielle .S. Winchester but you can call me Brie. I'm a young Hunter of the supernatural. I love books, Classic rock, and Hunting. Yes. I...