The Constellations Above Us

By millahanyu

F!Robin x Xander The very tactician that began her story in Ylisse now wants to find a new beginning in a new... More

*Literally* Crashing Into a New Fate
Long Hours On an Empty Stomach
Prince's Oath

To New Beginnings

111 1 4
By millahanyu

3rd Persons POV

'The war against Grima has finally come to an end',  you thought to yourself while looking into the horizon.

Yes, the war ended and ended quite well in fact. You didn't die, however, meant Grima would come back eventually, which you and the Shepherds were apparently fine with since you were still alive. You think back to all of the crucial moments of your life; meeting Chrom and the Shepherds, finding out who your father was, and so much more that you could think of. They were the best (and most shocking) moments of your life, and you wanted to see more, more what you can do for the rest of the world, the universe. You turn away from the view, heading back into your room to do some research. You head out your bedroom door and head towards the castle library, and along the way, you bump into Chrom.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

"Well..." you started. "I am headed to the library to do some research."

" Is your research a top priority right now?"

" Um, no if you have a request yourself Chro-"

"Well let us go! I have some matters to speak to you about."  He grabs your hand and drags you towards the royal garden, the opposite way from the library.

~~~~~

After dragging you past the many halls of the castle, you guys finally reach the garden.

Chrom brings you to a bench by the fountain, seating the both of you. He already had set up some drinks and snacks for you guys to eat on a small platter beside you, and of course, you couldn't resist.

You both grab some snacks and start to eat. As for Chrom, he was finished, but as you were in the midst of chewing, he asks,

"What are you doing after this, well, once everything has officially settled down?" He quietly asks. You frantically cover your mouth and speed up your chewing, trying to answer his question as soon as possible. He chuckles at your sudden action.

"You don't need to feel rushed, please take your time, I don't want you choking on anything." You nod and you started chewing at a normal pace again.

About Chrom's question...you already had a plan in mind, but you needed more than one reason to back this situation up because... just because.

"Well, you know that research that I was gonna do? Yeah, I was looking for some good places to travel and try to help the rest of the world."

"Oh. That's it? " He blankly states. You look at him like 'bruh'. You then roll your eyes and sigh.

"What do you mean by 'That's it?'. I'm trying to travel to go see new places and help other people, you moron. -_- " You exclaim.

"O-okay, I-I understand, so other than that, I have decided to create a monument dedicated to you because of your effort and importance that has lead to the peace and thrive of our country."  He finishes and takes a big gasp for air. You look at him, finishing processing what he had just said, and you put you hand to your heart. You were so soft but at the same time touched by him and the people of the country knowing that they appreciate you for your efforts. You look back at him, only to see that he is also looking back at you.

"Thank you Chrom, and also to the people who chose to do this with you. I really appreciate the fact that you and your people are doing this, but do I really deserve it? All of your kingdom's money and all of the townspeople-"

"Oh don't worry about the funds or townspeople, this is a team effort project.  All of the kingdoms in the whole country are contributing to both." He reassures you and grabs your hands.

"You deserve it [Y/N]." He earnestly looks at you in the eyes.

Your worries and thoughts of having a family have always spiraled through your head through the years with Chrom and the group of shepherds. But those worries were always relieved by those who fought alongside you.

Your tears begin to build up and stream down your face. You wrap your arms around Chrom's torso. For a short while, Chrom sat silently and eventually wrapped his large arms around your much smaller frame, laid his head against the top of your head, and muttered in your ear.

"You're welcome, [Y/N]."

~~~~~

It was dinner time by the time you and Chrom had finished talking. Lissa came to the garden, calling you and Chrom over to eat. You guys got up from the bench and headed over to the dining hall.

The feast (which turned out to be more like a party), which was to celebrate Grima's temporary defeat, was about 4 hours. It took forever, and you were tired, so, therefore, you headed up to your room early. You bathed and did some research on where you were going to travel. You had done some research on these kingdoms called Nohr and Hoshido, but apparently, they were called "Mystical Lands" and were most likely out of your reach. The only people who had done teleportation spells were the ones who used staves or were infantry units. But even so, it couldn't send you that far out there, to a whole other universe. You rummage through your many bags of books that you borrowed (or stole from) at Valm's palace library. You rummaged through those thousands of books for hours until you come across a book that read "All Ya Need to Know About the Mystical Lands". You looked at the book cover with a deadpan face, contemplating if that really is the real title of the book. You come back to your senses and shake your head side to side.

"What an informal title, it sounds like a child's scrapbook." You mumbled to yourself, flipping the cover open and scan through the pages. Despite the title, it had so much information about the "Mystical Lands". You continue to flip through the educational book until you come across by far the most important piece of your study session.

The spell  to get to the Mystical Lands

"Oh my gods.." You whispered in shock. There it was, right in that book that you borrowed (stole) from Valm. "Well, who could've thought..."  You read through the rest of the book, gathering every single piece of information that was given in the book. You close the book, and you jump onto your bed.

"Who would've damned know that a book with such an informal title like that would have information as such!?" You screamed, looking back at the book with an awed look, and pointed at it in the offense.

That night, you packed the necessities to at least survive and did more research about these Mystical Lands.

~~~~~

It had been a month since Grima's defeat, and also the time where you found the spell to travel to the Mystical Lands. You had done much studying since, asking the children of the future questions about teleportation, going back in time and so much more.

You planned on leaving this week before Sunday and you almost had everything down and had one final thing; your farewell to your friends. Of course, you wouldn't dare tell them where you were going, except for the fact that you are traveling, which was true in a sense. You told the maids in the castle to gather everyone in the palace's throne room.

~~~~~

As each of the Shepherds entered the room one by one, you greeted them one last time. Eventually, you had them all gathered in the room, chatting amongst each other. You stood upon the room from where the throne sat, looking at your comrades' smiles and laughs, which made you feel warm inside, but also a pull at your heart knowing that it will be a very long time before they see you again. Not to say that not being married is good or bad, but since you had no spouse or children, you wouldn't have to worry about that along with your comrades, so it made it a tad easier to say farewell, and it's also another reason why you wanted to explore, to discover places one has never been to and to maybe find a future of adventure.

Remembering the times of the past, you scroll past them one by one, reliving those moments of your life, taking it all in, and remembering that you will always love them.

Ending your thoughts, you walk towards the edge of the throne room platform, with everyone's attention now turned to you.

"I have gathered you here today to tell you, whom I call my friends, my comrades, and my family, to tell you here today, I will embark on my solo journey to explore lands that we have never been to, to explore the new wonders of the world. I don't know if I will come back soon, but maybe one day, we will see each other again. Please consider this as a last farewell my friends. I cherish and love you guys all, I will forever cherish and remember our journeys as Shepherds and will never forget our time together, you guys are my forever family. Thank you." A round of applause and cries of confusion were given from the crowd as you concluded your speech. You walk down the stairs that lead to the main floor, being greeted by your comrades and giving you farewells and cries of sadness asking what would they do without you. As much as you wanted to stay, your gut, no, your soul is telling you to travel, and to one day inform others about the many different lands you have been to.

~~~~~

After the farewell, everyone left to their homes and you retreated to your room, grabbing whatever gifts you had received from today be put in your fairly small bag. All those books you "borrowed" from Valm have been put and organized into the Ylisse palace library, and all of that valuable information in those books have been translated into a "travel-sized" book. You look around your room one last time before you head out the door reminiscing about everything that has happened in your short time with the Shepherds. You grab your bag and walk out of your door. You pass by the many rooms that make up the castle; rooms, libraries, bathrooms, dining halls, and training rooms. Upon reaching the entrance, you spot Chrom leaning against the frame of the doors, looking right at you. You walk closer to him, clearly knowing he has something to say.

"This is the last time isn't it?" He states. "Where are you going? Have any place in mind?" You were caught off guard by the question.

"So you do have a place in mind." He looks at you with a sly smirk. You look at him in slight shock. Your eyes narrow, lips curved playfully, and look at him suspiciously.

"How did you know that, Chrom? You ask.

"Well, according to your take of actions within the past month, it can become quite obvious that you were planning to go somewhere outside of here, out of this universe." You nod your head in defeat.

"You can't tell anyone about this though."

"I won't." Looking into his eyes, you saw sincerity, and nodded your head and brought him closer.

"I'm headed to the Mystical Lands." You blatantly state. Chrom looks up to stare straight at you in shock.

"WHAT? HOW?" He shouts. You quickly put his head into a headlock and cover his mouth with your hand.

"SHUSH I told you that no one else is to know about this!" You whisper shout.

"Sorry." He apologized, muffling into your hand. You let his head out of a headlock and take your hand off his lips. He regains his posture and takes a deep breath.

"Did you really have to do that?" He asks, rubbing his neck in pain. You nod your head, also giving him a look that you already warned him.

"The sun is starting to set." Chrom realizes, looking out the window. "You should get going now,
[Y/N]." You look at him admirably and give him a hug.

"Thank you for everything, finding me on that field, giving me a chance at life, and for letting me fight alongside you for these years."

Thank you for becoming my beginning.

"My heart will always be in Ylisse, no matter if I live in another's country. Thank you so much." You full-heartedly express your feelings, with words filled with gratitude and sincerity.

"Will I see you again?" Chrom asks, grabbing your arm.

"Chrom, I plead you, do not be sad, even if I am gone. Remember, you are the wind at my back and the sword at my side, and I, therefore shall never leave you, no matter what. Do not be sad and focus on your wife, your children, and your kingdom, to forever maintain this peace as long as it will." He looks up at you, realizing that you had just used his words to express your feelings. His eyes are rimmed with tears begging to fall out, but he still smiles, smiling at the fact that no matter what you will most definitely be at his side, even when you are not physically there during combat.

You guys give one last hug before walking towards the door.

"W-wait..." You turn around to Chrom's wavering voice. "One more thing before you go..."He pulls something out from his shirt and gives it to you. You gasp.

"Chrom, isn't this from the royal treasury? You should be giving this to someone else, not me, this is a valuable item." You frantically state, trying to get him to change his mind. Chrom shakes his head side to side, refusing to take it back.

"Nope, I want you to keep it, to remember us." He crosses his arms. You chuckle at his stubbornness, even if he was older than you. You nod your head and put the highly valuable ring on your finger. He looks at you and smiles, then looks at the ring beautifully placed on your finger.

"Thank you."

With that, you turn around and finally head out the door, heading to what awaits you next. You walk past the front gate corridors and have a look one last time. You turn back to check if Chrom had left yet, but he hadn't. You chuckle and head out the front gate, no longer turning back.

***** YOOHOO I'M BACK! I LITERALLY SPENT THE WHOLE DAY WRITING THIS AND IT IS NOW 1 AM IN THE MORNING YAY. BUT I REALLY WANTED TO COME BACK AND REALLY EDIT THIS STORY BIG TIME. NOW IT IS NOT AS FAST-PACED LIKE HOW I DID THE OLDER VERSION AND I AM ALSO GUILTY OF NOT WORKING ON IT THIS WHOLE TIME. BUT NOW I HAVE SUMMER AND I AM BORED I CAN USE MY CREATIVE JUICES TO WRITE, SO I HOPE YOU GIVE ME EVEN MORE TIME TO TRY TO SWITCH THINGS UP AND HOPEFULLY YOU LIKE IT. PLEASE DO NOT BE SHY ABOUT COMMENTING GRAMMATICAL ERRORS  IF YOU FIND ANY, I AM OPEN TO CORRECTING MY WORK AND TRY TO MAKE IT PERFECT. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU DO THOUGH, I DO HAVE MY EYES ON A SCREEN FOR HOURS AT A TIME. ALSO, DON'T BE SHY TO EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE BOOK OR A SITUATION THAT OCCURS WITHIN THE BOOK. I LOVE HEARING YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT SITUATIONS NO MATTER WHAT IT BE. MOST TEND TO FORGET, BUT VOTE IF YOU WISH :<  THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN READING AND WAITING FOR MY UPDATE IN THEIR LIBRARY LMAO.*****

~Love,

MillaHanyu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 17.3K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
71.3K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
218K 7.6K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
775K 28.8K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...