Unraveling Rosen | ✓

By -chanel

"He said he is scared of commitment, but he has tattoos all over his skin." The day Hazel Stevens moves from... More

Unraveling Rosen
01 | barre
02 | allegro
03 | ballón
04 | terre
05 | tour
06 | soutenu
07 | sauté
08 | elevé
09 | grand
10 | en arriére
11 | frappé
12 | brisé
13 | en dehors
14 | adagio
15 | en avant
16 | en dedans
17 | fondu
18 | l'aire
19 | devant
20 | center floor
22 | pas de chat
23 | assemblé
24 | beats
25 | derrière
26 | en pointe
27 | sissonne
28 | la seconde
29 | chassé
30 | cou-de-pied
31 | ronde de jambe
32 | relevé
33 | en croix
34 | arabesque
35 | ballote
36 | developpé
37 | penché
38 | tendu
39 | glissade
40 | pas
Spin-off
Bonus 01 | Christmas

21 | demi

123K 4.5K 890
By -chanel

2 1

d e m i

half

Today is the day of our audition.

Stating that I'm nervous is an understatement. I'm so nervous I think I'm going to puke. All I could think about during the day is that I'm going to fail and I'll ruin Rosen's chances of getting into Juilliard. He has dreamt about this moment for so long and it's also up to me not to ruin things.

It's pretty early in the morning right now and our audition isn't until noon. We also have to drive down to Miami so it's best if we leave early in case something happens. As I'm too nervous to drive on my own, Rosen came over early in the morning to help calm me down and that way we could drive together.

To calm myself down I brew myself a cup of chamomile tea and fill my cup up to the brim, before adding sugar and stirring everything. Sitting down on the bar stool behind the kitchen island I take a sip of my drink, careful not to burn myself.

My eyes flicker down to Rosen's leg when I see it shaking slightly. Looking up I see Rosen scrolling on his phone, his hands trembling slightly. Haphazardly he runs a hand through his hair, trying to comb back his messy mop using his fingers.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, making Rosen snap his head towards me.

Pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose he nods his head. "Yeah, everything is fine. Why do you think something is wrong? Nothing's wrong. I'm peachy."

I raise my eyebrow at Rosen as the corner of my mouth tugs up into a tiny smile. Rosen is freaking out right now and it's so obvious. I chuckle at him. "I'd believe you if you didn't stutter after every word and shake your leg like crazy."

The planes of Rosen's cheeks tint a vibrant red color as he looks down at his phone, trying to cover up the fact that he's almost embarrassed to be scared about the audition. I place a comforting hand on his shoulder and give it a little rub.

"Hey, it's okay," I tell him. "I'm nervous as hell too. I'm scared that I'll mess up something and sabotage our chances of getting in. Your future is literally in my hands right now and I promise you I'll give the dance 150% of my energy to make sure it's perfect. Today is the start of our next chapter in life. We will succeed and we will be dancing in Juilliard in fall. Nothing will come in our way today. It's just you and me–showing everybody what we're capable of and how we're a force to not be reckoned with."

Rosen smiles at me. "Thank you for all the positivity. You're like a little ball of confidence and positivity and I really appreciate it right now. I needed to hear exactly that."

"No problem." I reply truthfully.

Once I finished my tea, I grab my dancing outfit from upstairs. Since our dance is mostly contemporary I don't have to wear shoes as I'll be barefoot. My dress is a vibrant red color with a flowing skirt part that comes down to about mid-thigh. The upper part is tight against my skin and has two cut out on either side of my waist, accentuating my curves a tiny bit more. Rosen's outfit just consisted of a black pair of pants and he will stay shirtless. I honestly don't mind ogling at his body the entire time. I'm completely okay with that.

With everything set and ready the two of us hit the road as we sat into Rosen's car. The drive was about an hour and a half so it doesn't sound too bad. On the way there Rosen made a quick stop at the grocery store where we both got ourselves a drink and a light snack.

Arriving at the venue I look around at all the other people. Countless girls and boys occupied the area, all of them bustling with excitement just like the two of us. Once we register for our audition we're led backstage, where everyone else is waiting as well. Rosen and me set our things down in one of the corners and start warming up, neither of us really saying much. We're both so in the moment right now that no words need to be exchanged in order for us to express our feelings.

When our names were called, I almost threw up right then and there.

I couldn't breathe properly not to mention my legs felt stiff and like they were cemented into the ground. Rosen entangles his fingers with mine as he whispers a small "Come on" and leads me to the dance floor. He runs his thumbs across the skin on the back of my hand–a gesture he seems to do when he's trying to calm someone down.

Rosen walks across the stage to the other side while I look at the people in the auditorium. There were five people sitting behind a desk, clearly the head of the auditions. A few others were scattered around the place, keeping their eyes fixated on the two of us.

When the familiar tune of Thinking Out Loud starts playing, I feel all of my nerves calm down. The music almost carries me through the dance, caressing my skin in such a comforting and relaxing manner that it feels like I've been dancing this dance my entire life.

I feel the cold ground underneath my bare feet as I move in rhythm with Rosen, our dance almost going to the beat of my heart. I could feel Rosen's cold and clammy skin underneath my fingers every time I made contact with his skin. At some points his skin is almost burning, leaving an imprint on my skin that'll be there forever.

I couldn't focus on anything besides Rosen. My eyes are locked with his the entire time, an almost permanent grin on my face. I'm smiling so hard right now my cheeks are almost on fire. Rosen's every movement left me in awe. The way he could radiate so many feelings and emotions from his dance left me speechless. In my eyes it is obvious this is what Rosen wants to do for the rest of his life, just like I do.

Take me into your loving arms.

I jump at Rosen's back and he catches me with ease, spinning me around before the two of us lay on the ground for a second during our dance. I almost chuckle to myself when Rosen presses a very quick and chaste kiss on my forehead. It seems so natural like it is a part of the routine when both of us knew that the kiss was definitely not planned.

It is a small spur of the moment kind of gesture, but the authenticity and love behind it made it feel real and rehearsed. I can't even decide if that calms me down or makes my heart beat even faster. But I knew that small kiss is what I needed to get through the dance.

Because before I know it, the judges mumble a "thank you" as Rosen and I head off the stage, both of us smiling to each other like crazy. Rosen wraps his arms around me as he hugs me, spinning me around on the spot.

"You were amazing," he comments. He places another kiss on my temple and the previous smile on my face now forces itself into a large grin, a grin that will be etched onto my face for the rest of the day.

❀❀❀❀❀

We met up with Sven after our auditions. In Walden there was a small bakery so the three of us met up there and all enjoyed cupcakes. Rosen decided we need a treat after our audition so he offered to buy cupcakes. I obviously don't have anything against cupcakes, hell, if I had known about this place before, I'm sure I would've been about a hundred pounds heavier by now.

For about an hour we told Sven everything. And I do mean everything. Sven wanted to hear everything starting from the smells outside the venue and ending with me describing every sweat molecule on Rosen's body after we had finished the dance.

When Rosen announced he had to leave to see Faith, Sven agreed to drive me home as Rosen was sort of supposed to be my driver for the day. Rosen said goodbye to the two of us and then Sven and me were off to my house.

As always we spent the entire drive screaming out lyrics to rock songs or just sitting in complete silence and enjoying the music. When we got near my house, I furrow my eyebrow when I notice another car parked outside on the street in front of my house.

"Looks like Isabella or my mom has a visitor," I chuckle. "Thanks for the ride." I turn towards Sven who looks just as confused as me.

But I'm even more confused when Sven mutters his next words, "That's my dad's car."

He follows me towards my house, neither of us uttering a single word once we exit the car. Sven takes long strides to catch up with me as I get near the door. When I push open the door, I hear my mother's laughter from the kitchen, followed by the sound of a man's laughter.

Sven almost hides himself behind me as I head towards the kitchen, ready to see this man who has become an intruder in my house. When I see my mom, I can't help but notice the giant smile on her face and how her eyes are almost glistening with happiness.

"Hazel," she greets me as she comes over and gives me a hug. "You're home earlier than expected." She then notices Sven. "Oh, you brought Sven over as well."

At the mere mention of Sven's face, the intruder stiffens as he comes face to face with his son. Sven crosses his arms over his chest as he glares at his father.

"Sven," the man says.

"Dad," Sven says, raising an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing here?"

My mom looks confused now. "Valentin is a colleague. Didn't I tell you that Hazel?"

I chuckle. "No you didn't, mom."

"Well since you're here now, you should know that I've been seeing this man for about two months. Nothing has been serious but since things are getting more serious now, you should know about my relationship."

"You're dating Hazel's mother?" Sven yells at his father. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Sven, rasslabitsya," Valentin says, making my eyes widen slightly at the foreign language."

"Papa, ya polnostyu rasslablen," Sven replies.

I raise my eyebrow at Sven and lean in closer to him. "What the hell are you two saying?"

Sven laughs. "He's telling me to relax even though I'm totally relaxed."

"Gotcha," I reply. Turning my attention back to my mom, who looked just as confused as I did, I give her a small hug. "I'm happy for you, Mom. It's good to see you moving on from dad and starting to date again. But next time, tell me."

Mom hugs me back as she ruffles my hair. "I will. You're mature enough to know about these things from now on." 

Where you can contact me:

Twitter • aulhoei

Instagram • aulhoei

Email • pretenceonwattpad@gmail.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 18.3K 45
Jenna Childs and Deke Jeter grow up together as the closest of friends in the little town of Las Palmas, but unbeknownst to them, a terrible secret f...
280K 4.6K 40
When he meets her, a girl with an (almost) unealthy obsession with cinnamon hearts, he knew it was meant to be. As for her, she didn't understand how...
40.9K 894 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
711K 16.9K 42
"This is a story about our love. An intoxicating, fast-paced love that didn't think of time as a source of measurement over the course of a summer th...