The Face of Another

By saltyshimx

Her name is Dazai Isana. Her ability is The Face of Another. But why hasn't anyone ever heard of her? After a... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Epilogue
AN

Fifteen

1.2K 59 22
By saltyshimx

This isn't real...

Isana tried to convince herself, but she couldn't. This version of herself didn't even bother with the fact that she had a broken leg and fractured ankle. She just simply walked to where Chuuya was waiting for her, waiting for her to tell him about the new mission that Mori had assigned them with.

Her usual chocolate brown and milky eyes were now a blood red, her pupils vanished. Tears in the form of blood were pouring out of her eyes slowly.

Everybody who passed her or tried to stop her to try and break Q's spell was just roughly shoved out of the way. Her objective was clear. Normally, Q couldn't control people as far as this, but because of her ability, he now could, and she hated herself for it.

"Damnit Dazai, you broke your leg and now you're walking around like this!" Chuuyas voice tuned up as he quickly came to her side, before he realized the color he eyes were. His eyes widened in shock and he muttered "I'll kill that bastard."

"Isana, snap out of i-" Chuuya then began and placed a hand on her shoulder, though he couldn't and his sentence as she slammed her arm with the cast against his head.

The slightly taller man stumbled back, barely having enough time to get into a fighting stance, before she swung her fist at him again. Chuuya caught her wrist and said "I'm sorry, Isana," before he threw a punch at her face.

Isana dodged and continuously attacked him, her attacks getting faster and faster, while Chuuyas were getting stronger, as he put more and more of his ability to use.

The fight soon came to an end, Chuuya having won. Isana laid on the ground, a few pieces of the crumbling wall covering the brunette, as she had been slammed into a wall and was knocked out by it.

He shot a glare at a few lowlife workers and hissed "Take her to the infirmary." Then the 5'3 of pure anger headed straight to Mori Ougais office — and everybody knew to better not get in his way.

"What the hell was that?!"

Chuuya yelled, slamming the doors to the boss' office open, storming in without even bothering to knock. The short man was beyond pissed. He could kill the boss for what he did.

"Why hello to you, too, of course you may come in." Mori said, a hint of sarcasm lacing his voice.

Chuuya slamming his palms onto Moris desk and glared at the man before him. "What the hell did you do to Isana?" Chuuya snarled, watching the man with a poisonous stare.

"Ask Q that, Nakahara-kun." Mori replied simply, resting his chin on top of his hands, watching the shorter male as if he didn't have a single worry.

"I know that you let that little bastard free to do that to her and that you forced her to enhance Q so she could attack specifically me!" Chuuya yelled, about to rip the place apart.

"And who would believe you if you told them?" Mori asked him. "So many people saw that she was possessed by Q and that she attacked only me, ignoring all of the others!" Chuuya snarled, before the desk then broke apart due to the force of his ability.

Mori got to his feet and stepped around the broken chair. "Do you really want to test me, Nakahara-kun?" The taller man asked, his voice dangerously low.

"Have you heard that today's the anniversary of this weird organization war in Japan?"

A black haired girl questioned a guy who laid sprawled out on a sofa, his face dug into a pillow. He replied, but the girl didn't understand a thing he said. "Take your face out of the fucking pillow, asshat." She only said with a sigh.

The boy picked up his head and said "Yes, I heard that it's the anniversary today." He then dropped his head back into the pillow, the girl sighing once again.

"I heard that there was this girl who was in three different organizations!" The girl then continued, to which the boy only grumbled. "I wish I were in an organization so powerful..." She then continued and leaned back in her seat at the kitchen table.

"Well, you idiot could be in one, but as stupid as you were, you declined." A third voice popped into the conversation, coming out of a room and heading straight to the fridge.

"What? It wasn't strong enough for me, so what else could I have done?" "Said yes, maybe?" "But it wasn't strong enough!" "Sekjyebyharsuorprinlen." "Shut up Jack!"

The black haired girl sighed, glaring at the boy at the fridge and the boy on the couch, as suddenly the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" She yelled and quickly sprang out of her seat, running to the door and opening it.

There stood a quite damaged looking woman, about twenty years old maybe. Her brown locks went almost to her waist and a scar ran over her left eye, which was a milky white. Her right eye was a deep, chocolate brown.

She wore a black skirt that went to her mid-thighs, combined with a white dress shirt and a knee-long black coat. Gloves covered her hands and a black choker adorned her throat. From what the black haired girl — that was about twenty centimeters taller than the woman before her — could see, there were bandages covering nearly her entire legs.

"Are you Sharon Evans?" The woman before her asked. A slight foreign accent lazed her calm voice. Mildly confused, the black haired woman nodded and asked "Who am I talking to?"

"Dazai Isana."

Sharon's eyes widened for a moment, as she realized who stood before her. Then she quickly stepped out of the doorframe and said "Come in, please!"

Isana nodded in thanks and stepped inside, waiting for Sharon to lead her further in. "Are your brothers home?" She asked as they headed to the combined room of the living room, dining room and kitchen.

"Who is it?" The one, still standing by the open fridge, asked, not bothering to look at his sister. "Boys, this is Isana Dazai!" Immediately, the two boys turned to look at the short woman who stood beside their sister.

The door of the fridge was closed and the tall boy headed towards the woman and his sister, before nodding his head respectively and saying "I'm Charles Evans. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Dazai."

A weak smile laced Isanas lips as she said "Call me Isana. And you must be Jack." She turned her gaze to Jack, who now stood up from the couch, his silver hair falling past his shoulders. His dark eyes watched the short woman wearily, before he nodded.

"There is a reason, as to why I'm here. A reason I'd like to discuss with only the three of you. And I have to ask you to not tell anyone else about this." Isana said as she simply took a seat in an armchair, while the three siblings sat on the couch. They all nodded and curiously watched the brunette.

"First of all, you might like to know why I'm here." They all nodded quickly, once again. "If I am correct, Charles, your ability is called How the Other Half Lives. Sharon, yours is The Call of the Wild and Jack, I believe yours was called One Thousand Souls. Am I correct?"

The siblings stared at her in awe, before they slowly nodded. She smiled a little, before she said "I've spent the past one and a half year in hiding and planning something that I've decided to share with individuals who I find trustworthy. I know, we have only met, but I just know that we will get along together."

They didn't say anything, just waited for her to continue, what she then did.

"I am planning on overthrowing the boss of the Port Mafia."

————

The Call of the Wild
the ability, to control wild animals / animals that have wild ancestors (for example dogs, wolves, tigers (yes, Atsushi), etc.)

One Thousand Souls
the ability, to call souls to ones help. Used as a torturing method, as the souls haunt the targeted person as voices in their heads, driving them insane until they give up

How the Other Half Lives
the ability, to bring the darkest side of people to the surface and let them destroy themselves because of the psychological pressure it puts on them.

All of these ability names are book titles from American authors around the 19th and 20th Century.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 12.9K 43
Y/N Dazai more commonly known by police as well as the heroes for her unsightly crimes she had committed during her time as the youngest Port Mafia e...
91K 2.7K 45
Y/n L/n. Assassin of Silent Winds. She's sent on a mission like always but fate changes the outcome. What happens when she meets the infamous, Black...
13.2K 628 31
Other people killed, she always danced. . . . It had been years since their paths had crossed. He had been a young mafia executive the last time he s...
277K 9K 137
Y/n, is a girl who is a fan of the anime "Bungou Stray Dogs." Until, she wakes up finding out that she has been sent to a world where the anime and h...