Wonderstruck

By amazingness

Its been five years since the war. Five years since the terrible tragedies occurred. Five years since Harry... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Heartbreak at Tiffany's
Chapter 2: Surprises, Betrayals & A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 3: A Howler, A Picture & A Deal
Chapter 4: The Otter and the Dragon Go Shopping
Author's Note & Some Bad News =(
Chapter 5: Letters from Everyone
Chapter 6: The Beaver & the Ferret Call A Truce
Chapter 7: Dinner & Disaster
Chapter 8: Crazy, Beautiful Life
Chapter 9: Once a Malfoy, Always a Malfoy
Chapter 10: The Game of Shadows
Chapter 11: The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess
Chapter 12: The Wedding (Part 1)
Author's Note & Changes
Chapter 13: The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Declarations & Water Guns
Chapter 16: Three Malfoys & A Granger
Chapter 17: Three Grangers & A Malfoy
Authors Note & Questions
Chapter 18: Tears, Tiffany's & A Cauldron of Amortentia
Chapter 19: A Rose is A Rose is A Rose
Chapter 20: The Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Wall
Chapter 21: Firewhisky & Fireworks
Chapter 22: Headaches, Heartaches & Epiphanies
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 23: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 1)
Chapter 24: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 25: Alone Again (Flashback Part 1)
Chapter 26: Wonderstruck (Flashback Part 2)
Chapter 27: One Poppy Seed Muffin (Flashback Part 3)
Chapter 28: The Silver Lining
Chapter 29: A Malfoy's Rejection
Chapter 30: Proposal at Tiffany's
Author's Note & Thank You's
The Epilogue- 14 Years Later

Chapter 14: The Metamorphous & the Stranger

29.8K 772 141
By amazingness

Quite shocked by how fast you guys reached my requirements. So. Here is the early update, as promised. 

WARNING: This is another filler chapter =(

I have recently developed an obsession for the song on the side. So, that explains why I keep posting the same song with different videos...

And try to figure out who all the people are on the picutre. It is harder than it looks. I still can't figure out one of them =(

Enjoy!

***********************************************************************

"Stangers are friends you have yet to meet"                            --Unknown

            Just as Hermione finished cooking breakfast next morning, the bell rang.

            “Teddy? Can you please get that?” she called out of the kitchen.

            “Okay, Aunt Mione,” he replied skipping down to the door.

            “Who is this midget? And what is he doing?” asked Draco, a moment later, as he walked in with Teddy clinging to his leg as if for dear life.

            Hermione burst into a fit of laughter at the sight.

            Teddy scrunched up his face and yelled, “I AM NOT A MIDGET!”

            “Okay, then. What is this short person doing?” Draco asked.

            “It’s not my fault that you are freakishly tall,” replied Teddy still clinging on to Draco’s leg.

            Hermione was positively doubling over in fits of laughter. After she quieted down, she answered Draco’s question. “This is Teddy Lupin.”

            “Hi, freakishly tall stranger,” greeted Teddy, still clinging to Draco.

            “Hello, annoying short person. What are you doing?” Draco reciprocated.

            “Aunt Mione told me to not let strangers in. And you are a stranger.”

            “Teddy, this is Draco. Draco, this is Teddy,” Hermione introduced the two, trying her best to not burst into laughter.

            “Hello, Draco,” Teddy greeted finally releasing his death grip on Draco’s leg now that he is no longer a stranger. “I’m hungry. Can we have breakfast, Aunt Mione?”

            “Sure darling,” she replied as she headed over to the kitchen with Draco in tow.

            “So, what I came to ask was if you had seen the newspaper or not.”

            “Are you working for the Daily Prophet these days? Going around every apartment asking if they head seen the newspaper or not?” asked Hermione as she began bringing out the dishes.

            “No, of course not. I’d never even dream of taking your dream job from you,” Draco retorted.

            “You know, the least you could do is help with breakfast.”

            “What do I look like? Your personal servant?” Draco commented as he began setting the table.

            “Something of that sort,” replied Hermione with a smirk.

            “Anyways, I meant to tell you that I was wrong.”

            “Knew it all along,” Hermione added in a singy-songy voice.

            Draco glared at her before continuing. “Harry and Ginny got the front page story due to their wedding. But we did get the whole entire second page. And the next two pages were dedicated toAstoria, or the Green Goblin as she is being called now.”

            “Who wrote it?” asked Hermione.

            “Which one?”

            “Astoria’s.”

            “Rita Skeeter,” Draco smirked.

            “I have to get a copy of that one. And perhaps frame it. And maybe even print copies of it and send them as Christmas cards.”

            After breakfast was served and Teddy was eating in front of the T.V. and watching Dexter’s Laboratory, Draco abruptly spoke up. “Is he Nymphadora Tonks’s son?”

            “Yeah, why?” Hermione asked as she poured maple syrup on her strawberry pancake.

            “She was my cousin. And he is my nephew,” he replied in a daze. “What are you two doing today?” Draco asked abruptly. “Actually, what are your plans for the next week?”

            “Well, I don’t have work until Monday, so we may go somewhere for the weekend,” Hermione mused as she munched on her breakfast. “But I have to find someone to keep Teddy during the work hours until Friday. And on Saturday, Harry and Ginny will come back.”

            “That’s great! I’ll keep Teddy during your work hours and you have to meet my parents on Tuesday,” Draco declared. “Sounds good? Great!” Draco confirmed without waiting for an answer.

            “Okay,” replied Hermione.

            “A--- You are okay with it?” Draco asked in surprise.

            “Yeah, but you have to meet mine on Thursday,” Hermione declared. “Sounds good? Great!”

            “I knew there would be a catch somewhere. I think my Slytherin-ness is rubbing off on you,” he declared proudly. “My parents saw the Daily Prophet and demanded that I bring you over. What’s your story?”

            “Same thing,” she replied. “They get the Daily Prophet owled to their house,” Hermione explained seeing Draco’s confused look.

            “So, where are we going today?” Draco asked as they both watched Dexter’s Laboratory with Teddy.

            “You are coming with us?” Hermione asked.

            “Well. I can’t just let my newly discovered nephew and fake girlfriend go by themselves now, can I?” He asked with a smile. “We can go to our vacation home inNew Zealand. It’s my favorite. Or the one inIreland. That one is actually a castle, so it’s a bit chilly all the time. And I do mean ALL THE TIME. Where do you want to go?”

            “How many homes do you have?” asked Hermione.

            “Vacation homes or houses?” asked Draco as he poured syrup on his pancakes.

            “Both.”

            “A few,” Draco shrugged.

            “Few?” questioned Hermione.

            “Around fifteen around the world,” Draco replied causing Hermione’s jaw to drop in shock.

            “Show off.”

            “Hey, you asked,” Draco smirked. “So where do you want to go?”

            “I want tu go ‘o Nuu Zeeland!!” Teddy called out from across the room with a mouth full of pancakes.

            “ThenNew Zealandit is,” declared Draco. “So. I heard you like quidditch,” he began turning to Teddy.

            “I love quidditch! Daddy bought me a broomstick last week!” Teddy exclaimed before his grin faded. “But I didn’t bring it with me.”

            “We can fix that,” Draco replied with a smile. “We’ll just make a stop at Quality Quidditch Supplies before we head over. We have a lot of open space by our house and I can teach you a few tricks.”

            It was hard to tell who was more excited, Teddy or Draco.

            “Can we go right now?” Teddy asked excitedly.

            “Well, we’d have to ask Aunt Mione about that.”

            “Can we go right now, Aunt Mione? Please?” asked Teddy, jumping up and down with excitement.

            “You have to finish your breakfast first.” Hermione smiled at Teddy’s attempt to shove all the pancakes in his mouth. “And I have to pack, so you can chew before swallowing. And Draco, you can’t just buy Teddy a broomstick,” scolded Hermione as she began clearing the table.

            “Don’t worry,” Draco whispered to Teddy. “We’ll just have to sneak it past Aunt Mione. You finish up breakfast while I get a few things, alright?”

            Teddy flashed him a huge grin and turned his hair blonde to match Draco’s before sitting back down to finish his breakfast while watching cartoons.

            “You know, I really like this kid. That’s saying something considering that I usually disdain children in general,” Draco informed Hermione as he helped her clear up breakfast.

            “It’s great that you like him and that he likes you. But you can’t just spoil the child like that,” scolded Hermione.

             “Me? Spoiling him?” Draco asked incredulously, as if appalled by the idea. “Fine. I am. So what? Spoiling doesn’t hurt anyone, I was spoiled and I turned out just fine.”

            Hermione snorted, “Sure. If you call having a reputation as a Casanova and a fake girlfriend fine. And this isn’t even about you. See how self centered you are? We started this conversation—”

            “Argument,” coughed Draco, interrupting Hermione.

            “Conversation,” glared Hermione before continuing, “about Teddy and you lead it back to you. See—.”

            “Do you realize that we are arguing like an old married couple?” Draco asked, interrupting Hermione once again.

            “We are, aren’t we?” asked Hermione in awe. “And you need to stop interrupting me every single time I speak.”

            “Now that I just dominated this argument, I’m going to go and get my stuff,” Draco declared walking to the door.

            “You so did not win this argument. In fact it wasn’t even an argu---”

            “Goodbye, Aunt Mione,” Draco said with a smirk effectively interrupting her once again. Just as he walked out of the door, he called out, “And I so did win.”

            Although Hermione was quite irritated, she couldn’t help but smile as she began packing for their trip.

*************************************************************************

Well, that's the end of this chapter. Hopefully you guys weren't bored off by it....

Now, I shall go and study for my biology quiz that I've been putting off for wattpad....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

938 51 28
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...
68.1K 2K 35
A Dramione Fanfiction. After failing to kill Dumbledore in his 6th year, Draco Malfoy's parents are killed by Voldemort. He seeks refuge with his lo...
3.8K 165 14
"Minerva McGonagall believed that she would be on to a happy run as Headmistress of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had survived the...
3.4M 74.4K 76
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ!!! This story contains a bit of sexual violence, gore, and a lot of mature language. Please read at your own risk and/or ment...