Catch Me When I Fall For You...

Od rachienyc

"Sometimes, nobody will be there to catch you when you fall. It's just a part of life." Shailey Costello was... Více

Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
epilogue.
Thank you note.
Bonus chapter{one}
Bonus chapter {two}
Bonus Chapter {three}

Chapter 34

6.2K 187 25
Od rachienyc

Everything is finally back to normal. I hope.

Yesterday, I finally got the chance to talk to Jax and cleared things up thanks to Kelsi and Josh's help.

"I need your help," Jax said as he slid next to me.

"Help in what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as I kept my arms crossed.

"Biology," he said as his lips formed a cheeky smile. "I got a biology test tomorrow."

"But I don't take..."

Before I could even finish my sentence, I found myself being dragged out of school by Jax as he pulled me by my wrist.

"Let's go!" He exclaimed excitedly like a little kid, giving me a lopsided smile.

"Jax what are you-"

"Get in the car," he ordered as he pulled open the car door for me.

"What am I? Your dog?" I demanded as I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"No, you are my bae," he replied smoothly with a playful wink which made me respond with an eye roll.

"You suck Jax Merico," I commented as I squished my nose together and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oh really? Because you swallow," he retorted as he tilted his head up a little, as if he was proud of his come back.

"That's where you are wrong. I attract," I said with a smug smile as I watched his mouth fall open at my response.

"Wow, since when are you so good at these?" He asked as his chocolate brown eyes lighten up.

"I always am. I just didn't show it," I paused to glance at him briefly. "It's a secret talent," I told him with a not so successful wink.

He looked at me and for a moment, he didn't say anything.

"Just get in the car Costello."

"Fine," I said. "But just so you know, I'm getting into the car because I want to, definitely not because you told me to," I told him while I emphasised on the 'not' before I climbed into the car.

"Good girl," he teased.

"Don't you dare..." I grumbled as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Alright, alright," he quickly said as he raised both his hands up in mock surrender before he got into the car as well.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as soon as he started driving.

"My house?"

"Your house?"

"Yeah, I mean my parents are not home and I thought maybe we could..."

"JAX MERICO!" I exclaimed loudly as I proceed to smack him in his arm.

"What?" He asked with a smug look as he looked at me. "I wanted to say that we could study since it will be quiet," he told me with an innocent look.

"Idiot," I mumbled as I turned to look out of the window, watching as the trees past by.

"Aw come on," he gushed as he ruffled my hair.

I immediately turned around to glare at him.

"Don't ever mess with my hair," I warned.

"I do whatever I want to do," he replied smugly as he continued messing my hair up.

"I won't kill you because you are driving right now. But you better watch your back later," I told him as I shot him the look.

"Sure," he drawled with a cheeky smile on his handsome face while he continued to drive to god knows where.

Before I know it, Jax parked his car under a big shady tree and I found myself looking at an unfamiliar surrounding.

"Erm Jax?" I called out to him, making him turn to look at me.

"Yeah?"

"Where are we?" I asked as my eyes scanned the surroundings.

"For lunch!" He chirped happily as his eyes lit up. 

"For lunch?" I echoed as I looked at him with a blank look on my face. "Aren't we suppose to study for Biology?" I asked as my eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Oh sweet, innocent Shailey. Since when do I study for tests?" He asked as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips.

***
I took one bite of the freshly made cheese burger.

"This is so good," I commented as I continued to stuff my face with the giant cheese burger I had in my hands. I let out a contented sigh as I sank into my seat, satisfied with the meal I'm currently having.

I grabbed some fries with my free hand while I continue to munch on my burger.

I took another bite only to taste something I didn't really like- lettuce.

I made a face immediately and saw that Jax was looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"You don't like it?" He asked.

"No, no," I quickly said while shaking my head vigorously. "It's fine," I told him as I proceeded to take apart my burger.

Cautiously, I removed the top bun and picked out the lettuce with my fingers. I then placed it aside while secretly scolding myself for not taking the special order.

"Shailey?"

"Yeah?" I asked as I looked up to see Jax watching me with a judgemental and not to mention, disgusted look on his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Can't you tell that I'm picking out the lettuce?" I snapped as I quirked an eyebrow at him. When he did not respond, I continued speaking. "I have a mild hatred of lettuce," I attempted to explain to which he responded with a small nod.

"That's interesting..." He mumbled under his breath after a short while.

Once I picked out all the lettuce in my burger, I placed the bun back on top. Satisfied with my handiwork, I smiled.

"You are weird," Jax commented as he looked at the burger in front of me.

"I'm weird? Have you not seen yourself?" I retorted with a smug smile on my face.

"How am I weird?"

Now that he actually asked, I can't really find anything to mention. Not to mention that I'm the weird one here. I know, I'm being self delusional when I implied that Jax's weirder than me.

Instead of listing a list of arguments to prove to him that he's weirder than me, I muttered a soft "whatever" before waving him off.

"Loser," I heard him mumbled softly.

"What did you say?" I asked even though I heard him the first time.

"Nothing!" He quickly said as his lips curled up into a cheeky smile.

I didn't say anything but narrowed my eyes at him and mouthed "you better watch out".

We lapsed into comfortable silence as the both of us continued to munch on our own burgers.

The way the cheese melted in my mouth felt heavenly, the crunchy and freshly sliced tomatoes felt refreshing and the buns were toasted just right...

"Shailey!" Jax called out, making me jump a little.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"You got a little something..." he muttered and before I know it, he was dangerously close to me. He leaned forward a little as he reached out to wipe the corner of my mouth while I stared at him blankly.

My cheeks felt warm, way too warm for my liking. And I already knew that my whole face turned redder than a tomato. I had this tingling sensation in me as his fingers came in contact with my skin, the feeling was foreign.

"There," he said and gave me a charming smile as he leaned back into his seat while wiping his fingers on the piece of napkin.

I stared at him blankly like I did earlier and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Woah," was all I managed to say after everything that happened.

"You are cute when you are blushing," Jax said casually as though he didn't know how those few words made my heart race.

"What?" I asked my as my eyes widened a fraction, my mouth fell open and I choked on my own spit.

"I think you are cute."

And to think that my face couldn't get any redder, I was definitely proven wrong.

A/N:
Hey hey!! Back at it with another chapter! 😊😊😊 Hope you enjoyed it!

I know it's kind of slow but trust me, im gonna speed things up a little 😏

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter!! 💞

Meanwhile, I would appreciate it if you could check out my other book, Crossed :)

Much love,
Rachel xx

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.7K 931 74
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
44.2K 1.6K 15
I'm not usually the type to make a rash decision. I'm the one that usually sits back and laughs my head off at the stupidity of today's generation...
867K 57.6K 37
[BxB] Alexander Smith has a love-hate relationship with trashy online novels, scoffing at the problematic main leads, clueless protagonists and the r...
1.3K 145 42
Globetrotter Ingrid gets a fabulous fresh start when her job takes her to Melbourne, Australia. Here she meets wise and sweet Oliver, who makes her f...