Facade

By AllyPierce0

"Hush, my beautiful girl. Everything is going to be okay. Trust me. Shh..." He whispered whilst wiping the te... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
CAST LIST!
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors Note

Chapter 7

13K 239 114
By AllyPierce0

Mason above. 

Edited. 

He looked at me then said...

"Luckily, her condition is currently stable. She should wake up in a few days but do expect some mental trauma, she has suffered through a lot within the last 24 hours. Other than that, you have to make sure she takes her medicines on time."

I sighed with relief.

"Thank you. Can I go to see her?" I asked.

He nodded then started gathering his stuff and began to leave. Soon I heard the front door close as I entered the guest room.

My eyes began to water as I saw her.

A blood drip was attached to her right wrist and an oxygen mask was on her mouth.

I grabbed a seat and sat beside her holding one of her bandaged hands.

"Why do you make me hurt you?" I mumbled while kissing her hand.

She looked as a pale as a ghost. I sigh, getting up making my way out of the room and closing the door. I go to my room and stare at my blood-soaked sheets. I look at them and my stomach twists. I take a deep breath and then rip the sheets off of the bed throwing them into the laundry basket. I spread some new sheets on the bed and lay down falling asleep instantly as my head hit the pillow.

________________________

I woke up the next morning to the door bell ringing. I opened the door to find Marcus who came to check on Aubrey. Right now I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day.

After a few minutes I got out of the bathroom and made my way towards the guest room and see Marcus about to leave.

He come to me then says, "I have some good news and some bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"

I shrug in response.

"The good news is she is finally awake and the bad news is she is suffering from severe depression." He said while looking at a clipboard.

I didn't know what to feel? Should I be happy that she is alive or should I be sad about her mental health?

"Can I see her?" I ask.

He nods, "You can but I would not be too surprised if she does not talk to you. By the way her medicines are in a pouch on her nightstand. Make sure she takes them regularly." He says and soon leaves.

I sigh and make my way into the guest room. I see Audrey staring at the ceiling. Her eyes were open but they looked dead with no emotion in them.

"Aubrey, I am so sorry." I said while hugging her and burying my face in the crook of her neck.

But she did not reply. Slowly, her eyes dragged from the ceiling and rested on my face, she stared at me with no emotion. I tried to hold her hand but she flinched at my movement. I sat there in awkward silence then decided to ask, "Aubrey, do you need something? Are you hungry? Please talk to me beautiful." I said desperately, hoping she would answer me. Instead she looked back at the ceiling, and pretended she was in a different world. 

I sighed and made my way outside to smoke a cigarette.

Aubrey POV:

It's been a week since I woke up. Xavier comes daily to my room and tries to get me to talk, but I just ignore him. He comes three times a day and forces food down my throat then gives me some medicines but I always vomit everything out when he leaves the room. I just feel like dying. My world is just grey. I have lost all hope in getting out of here; I would need a miracle in order to escape. 

I sigh and look at myself in the mirror. I was unrecognisable. My skin was pale, I had dark eye bags, and blood dotted the front of my shirt. I went back and lay down on the bed.

I have not brushed my hair neither have I cleaned myself up after the night Xavier tried to kill me. He says he loves me, but then abuses me right after. He makes me sick.

Soon the bedroom door opens and Xavier comes inside.

I continue to stare at the ceiling as Xavier takes the seat beside me.

"Aubrey?" He asks. I just tilt my head towards him a bit.

"I have to go to New York for a week for some gang stuff. Mason will be staying with you." He said while looking at me. I continued to stare at the ceiling but in reality it was like the last spark of hope began to burn. It wasn't much but I am willing to take every risk to get out of here, even if it will be the death of me.

He sighed then kissed my forehead saying, "See you in a week beautiful." Then left closing the door.

Thoughts kept running through my mind.

Who is this Mason guy? 

Maybe he could help me? 

Soon I heard a doorbell ring and two guys began talking. Suddenly the guest room door opened and I saw the boy with familiar messy blonde hair.

Oh no. 

________________________

I stared at the person at the doorway awkwardly, the person who tricked me and bought me back to this hell hole after I tried to escape, the person called Mason.

I looked at him with shock then masked my expression. 

He can't help me. He is the reason I didn't escape the first time.

He came into the room and sat at the chair beside my bed. His head was hanging low and he was staring at his lap.

"I am sorry," he said while looking at me with pity.

"I-if you were s-sorry you wouldn't have brought me back here." I said stumbling upon my words. My heart throbbed, my throat ached, my mind broke. Why am I still here? 

"I am sorry. I just needed the money." He said.

"For what? To buy drugs?" I said coldly.

"To prove to my parents that I am not worthless and can do something in my life." He muttered. 

I stared at him confused, "Wha-"

"I'm not trying to make excuse, but maybe if you knew my backstory, you'd understand why I did it. My parents always underestimated me. My older brother Nathan was always the shining star but me, I was a mistake. They would always prefer him over me. One night Nathan and I were coming home from a party. He was drunk but he wouldn't let me drive. He was driving over the speed limit, and hit the tree. He died in hospital and do you know what? My parents blamed me. I blame me." He said standing up.

When he was done talking he had teary eyes. I felt so sorry for him. Without thinking I got up and hugged him. He didn't respond but after a few minutes he hugged me back and I felt something wet on my shoulder.

He was crying. 

After a few minutes he let go and looked at me. "I am sorry." He said again.

"I forgive you," I said.

He looked up at me, startled.

"You forgive me?" He asked.

I nodded. And replied, "I was being selfish. I wanted to get out of here so badly that I forgot that not all men are like Xavier."

He smiled, "Want to watch a movie?"

I nodded in agreement.

"I'll be down after a few minutes. I have not gotten out of bed for a week, I need to change and get cleaned up." I said.

He nodded and went downstairs towards the living room.

I went into the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I took off the bandages from my wrists and saw the scars. Tears welled up in my eyes but I did not let them fall.

I got into the shower and scrubbed myself raw. Then changed into a white top, denim shorts and a green cardigan to cover the cuts with some green sneakers. I went downstairs into the living room and saw Mason setting a pizza box on the table.

He looked at me and his eyes widened scanning me from head to toe.

I looked down blushing. After a few minutes he broke out of his trance and started looking down while scratching the back of his neck.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked.

I shrugged and went to the sofa. Mason put the movie in and closed the lights sitting beside me.

"What are we watching?" I asked while placing the bowl of popcorn on my lap.

He gave me an evil smirk then said, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

I gulped but continued to watch it.

Halfway through the movie I had enough. "Okay, this is enough." I said whilst reaching for the remote before Mason grabbed it.

"But I wanna watch it." He said in a baby voice.

"Oh no." I said and reached for the remote but he took it out of my reach.

I smirked mischievously at him then and jumped on him dropping him and the remote on the floor with me on top of him.

I hurriedly grabbed the remote and raised it in victory making the sleeve of my cardigan go down in the process revealing my scars.

Shit. 

Mason was laughing at the floor but suddenly his eyes widened when he saw my scars.

"Aubrey, what happened to you wrists." He asked when looking at both my arms.

"N-nothing." I replied trying to get my hands out of his grip.

"Did you... do this to yourself?" He asked, trying to find the right words. 

I shook my head, "X-Xavier did this to me when you caught me and brought me here." I said as tears began to flow from my eyes.

Mason's guilt was displayed all over his face. He got up and hugged me, gently rubbed my hair and repeated, "I am so sorry."

I looked at him as a tear fell from his eye but I quickly wiped it away. He smiled and wiped my cheeks then kissed them.

I blushed. I don't know why but I felt so happy with Mason. After a few minutes we broke apart and I looked at him.

"Mason, why did you join Xavier's gang?" I asked.

He looked at me and then sighed.

"I told you I needed the money to prove to my parents that I am successful; and I can make more money than most. But I don't think I need it now considering I have everything I ever wanted."

"So you don't need the money?" I asked.

He nodded and then replied, "I made my point. I even got a good job offer somewhere so I am thinking of taking it up and getting out of this shit." He said whilst looking at me.

I look at him carefully then said, "He will kill you if you try to leave." I stated.

"I know, and that is why I plan on running away." He said.

I looked at him with hope and then asked carefully, "Take me with you."

________________________

0_0 cliff hanger... again. Do you think Aubrey is going to run away with Mason? Will Xavier catch them before they are able to make a move? Will Mason even say yes?  Keep reading to find out ;) 

Continue to comment and spread the word about this book and keep smiling!

For any questions, queries or opinions please comment or slide into my dm's lol.

I love you guys my beautiful readers :)

~ Ally Pierce

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 13.5K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
450K 12.9K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
1M 20.5K 42
When a young women named Cordelia, find's herself in the new club downtown, she encounters deep family secrets after she parties hard and bumps into...
HATE By ✨

Fanfiction

112K 7.6K 42
(not edited) sidneet fanfiction _______________ whole club attention was on me They were standing around me making a big circle And i am the middle p...