Vows from the heart

By orange_marigold

Best rank: #3 in general fiction. (on June 28th 2017) Till now it was only her parents who use to take an... More

Copyright
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter- 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Bonus Chapter - 1
Bonus Chapter - 2
Bonus Chapter - 3

Chapter - 9

7.6K 354 11
By orange_marigold

Priya's pov:

I was shocked after talking with Riya. What does she want to tell me? Is she going to tell that her mom isn't happy with register office marriage? Or she doesn't like a working daughter-in-law? What if my dream comes true? Will Aakash really support me? Wait what if they want to cancel the marriage? What if they hate me? My thoughts were disturbed when I heard my phone buzz with new message.

I was so happy and guilty at the same time seeing Aakash's message in the notification bar.

*Stop thinking much and read the message* my brain screamed at me.

Aakash: Good morning. I have taken all the important certificates from my father's house and while you come to the shopping mall please do bring your certificates and Xerox copies too so that I can complete application procedure today itself.

See you soon. Bye

Me: Good morning Aakash. I will surely bring all the certificates to the shopping mall.

See you soon.

Have a good day.

Bye

*see it's that simple, and you always worry about every single thing* my brain said giving you-deserve-to-win-award-for-best-stupid-person kind of look

*oh thank you so much for your kind words* I said mockingly.

Now, what's next? I was about think about Riya's call then I heard someone knocking the door. I immediately opened it.

"Sister bye, I am going to college but before that we just need to find out something" my brother said.

Before I asked what he was talking about, he dragged my angel into the room pushing me to the side and then he took my breakfast plate into his hands. Then he started laughing looking at my plate and said

"Congratulations mom by the time I come home prepare my favorite sweet because you lost the bet"

"Huh? Bet?! What bet?" I asked them.

"Well my dear sissy, actually after locking yourself in your room I mean your dreamland, mom said that you might have ate at least 50% of breakfast but I said you will eat only 20% of food so, I won and mom lost"

"What, did you guys just bet on me? How could you people do this?" I tried to give a disappointed look and asked my angel

"Mom, I never expected this from you people, but that's okay just wait here"

I mentally smirked after watching their expressions and brought my plate and stood in front of them and smiled devilishly taring a large piece of chapathi (Indian bread) so that remaining would be only 50% and placed it in my mouth and then I heard

"No no no and nooooooooooo, mom she is cheating and this is not fare" my brother said.

I tried to make fun of him but a very large amount of food in my mouth didn't help me. So I decided to punch him instead, but he immediately ran out of the room shouting that he is leaving for college.

My angel and I laughed at his antics. Then she turned towards me said

"Eat properly Priya, see your brother is very concerned about you and planned this bet?"

"So, haven't you people bet on my breakfast?"

My angel nodded no, smiling in the direction my brother left. Then she asked

"Any way whom were you thinking about? Huh?" she asked winking at me.

"Angeee"

"Angee? Who is angee? Huh?" she asked giving me *am I missing anything here look*

I laughed and said "Well my Angee, I was thinking about Aakash message and for your information it's my nick name for you 'my angel'"

"It is about all necessary certificates and don't worry Aakash just messaged me to take them along with Xerox copy" I replied.

"Oh so you are thinking about Aakash's message then? Wait... wait..., when did you guys started messaging?"

"Umm just now" I replied trying not to blush.

"Hahaha anyway Priya, get ready we have to leave for shopping in 30 minutes"

"Ohh..yeah..ok"

*When will you meet Riya then?* first time my brain said with concern in its voice without any sarcasm.

I ran after my angel said that I need to take xerox copies and need to give certificates to Aakash today.

"What is this Priya? Look at Aakash's family, they went to Bangalore and came back within a day and are ready to come for shopping but you are so lazy and postponing things always. Why haven't you completed taking xerox yesterday only?"

I just lowered my head not knowing what to say. Then she started walking towards her room for getting ready. I ran after her and said

"Sorry Angiee, next time I won't do this promise"

She nodded and kissed my forehead and told me to take xerox and return home as early as possible.

I took a clean bag and placed all the necessary certificates, grabbed my phone and ran towards the coffee shop to meet Riya.

"Hey Riya" I said after seeing her and immediately sat in front of her.

"Hey Priya, you are late by 10 minutes" she said

"Yeah, I am sorry"

"That's fine, I actually thought that you were not going to come" she said with a disappointing tone.

"Sorry" I apologized once again.

"It's ok. Now listen what I am going to tell is a very important matter" she said in a little voice leaning a little forward.

"Well you see when I went to my brother's room for talking to him yesterday where I found him holding a saree, I didn't understand why he is looking at it like that, so I knocked his door to ask about it, but he immediately kept it in the box and locked the locker, so.."

"So.."

"So..." she said dragged the word

"After speaking to him casually, I went to mom and asked about it, she also replied that she doesn't know and then while talking to her I took the spare key of my brother's locker and took the box from there" she said as if that was an achievement.

*Of course it's called an achievement, anyway she is not like you who thinks eating fast is an achievement* my brain snapped at me which I decided to ignore.

"But it's wrong to open his locker without his permission right?" I asked her as I was disappointed with her behavior.

"Oh hello, it's not only your to-be husband's locker; in fact my certificates are also in it"

"Ohh ok, what happened next?"

"Well I took the saree from the box and kept the empty box there only, this is the one" she said and showed me the saree.

That saree wasn't a designer one and definitely not the costliest one, but it made me feel that it's still valuable just because my husband chose it. But for whom did he choose it?

*Whoa, your are not married yet, so don't call him my husband* My brain snapped but I didn't even replied it and just stared looking at the saree which was the combination of link pink and silver colored design on it.

"It's a nice saree Riya, Aakash taste is good and anyway for whom did he select ?"

"Oh thank you, his selection is always excellent" she said with a proud smile and then continued

"and this saree is for our mom and that's why I brought it to show you"

"Really? Wow Your mom is lucky"

"Stop it Priya, I never expected that you to be tube-light" she said while laughing.

"Hey, I am not a tube-light" I tried to convince her.

*Wow, now look at yourself in the mirror, then you will understand* snapped my brain

*understand what?* I replied back

*as lights glow with double intensity when kept in front of a mirror, you will also glow, then you will understand that you are a tube-light * it said as if can't-you-understand-even-that look.

"Hey Priya, where are you lost?" said Riya.

"Listen my dear sweet to-be sister in law, if my brother bought saree for my mom why do you think I will bring it here and show you"

"Well that means is that for..um..me?"

"Thank god you understood now and yes it's for you and take it"

"No I can't take it Riya"

"Why?"

"Because how did you confirm that it's for me"

"Well actually I think he brought this with his initial salary"

"Huh? I didn't get you"

"You see my brother brought dresses for everyone with his first salary and gave it to us, as it was packed he wrote our names on wrapper so that he doesn't get confused and the most interesting thing is our name was also written on the box inside, so when I checked for the name I found 'for my dear wifey' written on it"

I was happy and snatched it from Riya's hand. She laughed looking at me and said

"Okay then I will leave now and let's meet in shopping mall"

"Ok...ohh...wait wait"

She looked with a question mark

"Umm "

"Don't worry Priya I have informed my mother about it and we both are actually excited to see the reaction in Aakash's face when he will see you in this saree on your wedding day."

Huh?

"Yeah wedding day, just think that would be a nice gift. But hey it's completely up to you if in case you want to ware it after the wedding too" she said and winked at me.

I blushed listening her and said

"Well, I will wear for the wedding only"

"Ok, but what to do in shopping mall today then?"

"You got your saree but what about our new dresses huh?"

"Oh yeah sorry"

"It's ok Priya, just say yes for a saree and let them buy everything matching for it and on the wedding day surprise everyone"

I giggle listening to that.

"Ok listen I am getting late, see you later byee"

"Byee"

We both left coffee shop, and I took Xerox of necessary certificates' and went home. After reaching home I placed saree in my locker where I generally place my certificates and then we all left for shopping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hi everyone, please comment your opinion about today's chapter?

Next chapter would be about wedding shopping and Priya's mehandi 

please vote, comment and share the story if you like.

by,

orange_marigold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

8.2K 510 11
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...
117K 9.7K 49
[Added to Historical/General Fiction reading list of @ProjectWomanUp] #ProjectWomanUp She didn't know martial arts yet she was strong. She broke fro...
805K 51.6K 68
Three brothers Three brides Three stories All interconnected to each other Every couple has a problem and a story to support it. Let's find out will...