The Face of Another

By saltyshimx

Her name is Dazai Isana. Her ability is The Face of Another. But why hasn't anyone ever heard of her? After a... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Epilogue
AN

Fourteen

1.2K 60 30
By saltyshimx

"Isana?"

The girl looked up at her brother and frowned a little. "Yes?"

"Please stop with this." He quietly begged, to which she looked down again and bit her lip slightly. "You know that I like it."

"It's not good for you." Osamu replied, gently brushing through her hair. Isana still didn't look at him as she responded "But you didn't say anything before..."

"Just please stop it. Stop it for me." He said with a sad smile. Isana sighed lowly and looked down, before she mumbled "Alright. I'll stop."

Osamu smiled at his younger sister. "Thank you."

"Dazai-kun, there is something I'd like to know."

Dazai Osamu watched the boss of the Port Mafia, awaiting for him to continue.

"Where do you disappear to every once in a while? More importantly, where were you the past three weeks?" Mori asked, watching the eighteen year old boy.

"What do you mean?" Dazai replied and watched Mori cautiously. "You know what I mean. You were gone for three weeks. I could easily get that information, you know that, but I've decided to give you the chance and answer me yourself."

Dazai paused for a moment, thinking. "I'm sorry boss. It won't happen again."

"Is there possibly someone who I don't know about?" Mori then quickly continued. Dazai was shocked, inwardly. He didn't show. How was he going to talk himself out of this? He couldn't possibly say that his sister had tried to commit suicide, after she used her ability combined with his and ended another persons life.

"If I knew, then I wouldn't tell you." The younger male spoke, watching Mori carefully.

"Of course you wouldn't..." Mori said and began to smirk.

"How is she?"

Chuuya looked up at Osamu who had just entered the room, giving his sister a concerned gaze.

"She's asleep. She woke up a bit earlier though." Chuuya stated, staring back at his sleeping beauty, gently brushing his thumb over the back of her hand.

"Are those flowers from you?" Osamu questioned, as the small bouquet with dark red and black roses fell into his eyes, a small grin tugging at the corners of his lips "I didn't know you could be such a romantic man, Chuuya!"

Chuuya would've gotten pissed, but at the moment all he cared about was Isana. He just wanted to be here with her and hold onto her hand as if his life depended on it. And deep down, it was. Deep down, she was his life.

"Chuuya." Osamu spoke, his voice having a serious tone to it. "I won't." Chuuya immediately replied, knowing what the taller male would've wanted to say. That he shouldn't dare to think of hurting Isana, or otherwise he'd be killed.

"You know, I have a feeling that there's a new Double Black team." Chuuya looked at the other male with a slight frown. "I think my sister took my place. And I think that you seem happier to fight with her by your side than with me, even if you can't use Corruption when she is around."

"When I have her, my power gets as close to Corruption as possible and it doesn't even strain my body. It's like I'm even more powerful then, than when I'm using Corruption." Chuuya quietly said, gazing back at the sleeping female.

"It's because you're in love, Chuuya. Because of your love to her, you feel more powerful. Her love gives you strength, not just her ability itself. And your love gives her the strength to keep on going. Honestly, I've never seen her so dedicated to someone before than I see her with you."

Chuuya nodded in thought, his eyes never leaving the girl he loved. "I was wrong. You're good for her. You're exactly what she needs. Thank you."

The copper haired male let out a short laugh and asked "Can I get that recorded so I can listen to it every day? I've never heard you thank me." Osamu chuckled, before he said "I'm going to go now."

His former partner only nodded, before he heard steps and heard the door to the room being opened and closed again.

A week has passed.

And Isana could finally leave the hospital. Because of her broken leg and her fractured ankle, as the doctors had concluded, she wouldn't be able to walk for the moment, so she had to get around in a wheelchair.

It was frustrating, to say the least. Especially because Chuuya always laughed at her when she couldn't properly steer. And since she also had a broken arm, it wasn't that easy. She was relieved when Chuuya finally took it upon himself to drive her.

Chuuya and Isana toured through the city, steering through the crowd easily. Isana enjoyed the time they now spent together, especially since she knew that back at the Port Mafia Headquarters, hell will break loose when she returns.

Isana even had stolen Chuuyas hat and he didn't even bother. He only smiled. It was rare to see two top executives of the Port Mafia this happy. Normally, they'd be more serious, but now they seemed so...carefree. Yeah, that's how you could describe it.

Soon they eventually came to a stop before the doors of the headquarters that automatically opened. Chuuya pushed her in and claimed his hat back. Isana didn't say a thing.

"Ah, Dazai-chan, you're back." Ozaki Kouyou said with a soft smile as she noticed the young Dazai head down the hallway together with Chuuya.

"Yeah, I am, but I doubt I can be of help in this state." Isana said with a slight chuckle and Kouyou chuckled as well "Well, you have been going through a lot, my dear. You need some rest." Isana smiled a little, before Chuuya pushed her on.

Just as they were about to enter her room, a lowlife worker appeared and said "Dazai Isana, the boss wants to talk to you."

Those were the words she dreaded to hear the most. But nevertheless she sighed and nodded. She looked at Chuuya and quietly said "I'll get there by myself."

"That can take a while." He replied and snickered. "Oh shush, Chuuya." She shot back, before then steering off and heading to the boss' office.

"Come in."

The doors were pushed open for her and she rolled into the room, coming to a stop a bit before the desk of Mori.

"You wanted to talk to me, boss." Isana said, watching the man with her, because of Atsushi, heterochromatic eyes. If you could consider a milky white and a chocolate brown eye as heterochromatic.

"Indeed. How are you?" Mori began, his chin rested on his hands. "I'm doing better." She simply replied.

"That's good. I've heard that you've gone through quite the struggle with your health." Mori then said, the two of them practically having a staring war. Nobody dared to let their eyes off of the other.

"I indeed struggled a little, because a Guild worker poisoned me." Isana said. "Is that so?" The boss asked and raised a brow at her, to which she nodded.

"Well, I have to say, I am unbelievably disappointed. You failed such an easy mission." He then said with a sigh. Isanas eyes widened. "I should've sent someone more competent, as you clearly aren't."

"What did you expect from me?" Isana asked, but deep down, she immediately regretted those words. Mori raised his brow higher and asked "What I expected from you?"

The brunette gulped, but slowly nodded. She knew she'd have to stand her ground now.

"I expected you not to fail. You've worked so hard but disappointed me just as hard with your failure on such an easy mission. I am disappointed, to say the least."

"Then blame it on Q! That little bastard is at fault for my failure! If you hadn't set him free, then none of this would've happened! It's all your fault, because of your foolish thinking! How stupid are you to have set a monster like him free?!"

Now that was her death sentence she had just signed. With wide eyes she stared at Mori, who watched her through narrowed eyes. Isana could hear her heart beat in her ears and felt a shiver run down her spine.

"Dazai-chan," Mori began, his voice cold as ice. Isana gulped, as he then continued "I do hope that you are aware of the consequences your words hold. Right?"

Fear slowly began to creep up her body and freeze her. She couldn't move, nor respond. She was completely frozen in fear. It was a déjà vu, but this time much worse than before.

Slowly she found her voice and responded with a quiet "Yes, sir."

Mori smirked at that reaction, before he said "Why don't I let Q mess with your mind?"

Her eyes widened in horror and she barely managed to say "Y-You...you can't possibly do that..."

"Believe me when I say that I can."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 9K 137
Y/n, is a girl who is a fan of the anime "Bungou Stray Dogs." Until, she wakes up finding out that she has been sent to a world where the anime and h...
13.4K 628 31
Other people killed, she always danced. . . . It had been years since their paths had crossed. He had been a young mafia executive the last time he s...
6.1K 219 11
"So do tell, what exactly is your ability?" Y/n's eyes flickered from corner to corner in nervousness. She'd never told anyone about her ability bef...
146K 6.8K 37
Chuuya Nakahara returns from an overseas venture to find that everyone has become obsessed with him. With the help of a perplexed Dazai (whose nullif...