His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Motherly Love [27]

13.1K 473 43
By Lixxyy19

A/N

Hi everyone! So today I'm ill,  I've been ill all weekend so I'm currently in bed but I know it's been a long time since I updated this book. I'm actually bored laying in bed but I don't have the energy for much else, so I thought I'd attempt to write the next chapter. I hope it goes OK but if you guys feel it isn't flowing well with the story then let me know and I'll rewrite it when I'm better and a bit more coherent. Thanks, enjoy! :D 

Meredith

"Sit down sweetheart." Claire says, pulling out a chair for me at the dining table.

"Thank you." 

I hear Eliot chuckle from next to me and I realise that he's laughing because ever since we arrived here a few hours ago, his mum has been fussing over me. It's really sweet, she's been so welcoming and it's made me feel much better about staying here indefinitely. I nudge Eliot in the ribs gently, silently telling him to shut up.

"Ow babe."

"Leave her alone. It's sweet."

"She never pampers me this much." He grunts with a frown. I giggle and reach up to pinch his cheek.

"Aw, is someone jealous?" I coo, earning a glare and a gentle slap on my hand. 

I pick up the glass of water in front of me, smiling into it as I try to drink it. Eliot rolls his eyes at me but I catch the small grin on his lips seconds later. 

When we arrived and all the introductions were made, Eliot gave me a short tour of the house and showed me his bedroom. According to what Eliot has told me, this house is just for the Alpha family and the Beta family. There is a pack house but they don't live in it, they just manage it mostly and hold events there. I assumed we would move into the pack house with how they were all talking but I actually feel a little better knowing I won't be living with a hundred or so wolves. I can handle two families but more than that sounds hectic. 

Once all that sort of stuff was done, I unpacked most of my belongings with some help from Emily and then I took a nap. I know, it's terrible. I've just met Eliot's family and I take a nap. But I'm pregnant and it's tiring sometimes. Claire understood and insisted that I treat the place as my own and do whatever makes me comfortable. Bless her, she's wonderful. 

Now we're all sitting down for dinner. Claire was going to make lunch for us all when we got here but I declined as I was too tired but now I'm starving. 

"Oh Eliot darling, I called Amber for you. Well for Meredith. She'll come over in a few days to do your 20-week scan and I'll get to see my beautiful grandchild." She grins excitedly as my smile drops and I slowly put my glass down.

When she realises my sudden change of mood, she frowns and puts down the plate of food she was about to serve.

"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" I shake my head at her, lifting a hand to cover my mouth to prevent from sobbing.

I feel Eliot rub my back as his mum comes over to me and strokes my hair away from my eyes.

"Then what's upsetting you?"

"Meri love, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just- God I'm so emotional." I laugh, catching Emily's eye as she smiles knowingly at me. I've already done this with her, she knows I'm not upset. Just happy.

"Well you're pregnant sweetheart, it's normal."

"It's just you said your grandchild..." She looks at me confused.

"Well, you are my son's mate right?"

"Yeah."

"And that makes you my daughter now." 

"I guess..." I mumble a little uncertain. 

"Which means that baby you're growing is my grandchild." She tells me in a matter of fact tone as she wipes the tears from my cheeks gently, a smile lighting her face.

"Don't worry, she cried when I said the baby was my niece." Emily laughs, winking at me.

"You remember that time you said you weren't that hormonal?" Chase cuts in, grinning wickedly. 

Eliot laughs from next to me, leaning over to kiss my temple. 

"Come on, let's eat. You must be hungry." She pats my knee in comfort as she stands and continues dishing out dinner for us all.

We all settle into dinner and it's quiet for a while as we eat in a comfortable silence. It's nice. And the food is amazing. I could never cook as good as this. 

"So Meredith, how is my son treating you?" Eliot's dad Anthony asks.

I hear Eliot groan and I laugh. I don't know why he's groaning, he's been nothing but a gentleman.

"Like a princess. Honestly. He's a true gentleman, you both raised him well." 

Chase snorts in amusement and Emily nudges him in the ribs. 

"Shush you." Emily hisses. Eliot pokes his tongue out at Chase and both Emily and me exchange a roll of our eyes. Men. Or boys with how they're acting. 

"I hope he wasn't too overwhelming with the whole werewolf and mates thing." Claire says causing all of us to burst into a fit of laughter. 

Claire and Anthony exchange confused glances before looking to all of us. I cover my face with my hands, laughing as I feel the blush rising on my cheeks. It's funny now I look back on it. But it my defence, what human will believe someone when they say they're a werewolf? 

"What's so funny?" Claire asks, waiting for an explanation. 

I look over at Chase and Emily. Emily is biting her lip, her cheeks red as she tries not to burst into another fit of laughter. Chase doesn't seem to care as much as he leans over the table looking like a drowning seal as he gasps for air and slaps the table. 

I giggle again, meeting the curious eyes of Claire and Anthony. 

"When Eliot told me about him being a werewolf, about all of them being wolves..."

Eliot snorts unattractively and I turn to him laughing and shove him in the shoulder.

"Shut up. I was shocked. It's not every day I'm told that fairy-tale creatures exist."

"Sh-she fainted!" Chase cackles, nearly falling off his chair in the process.  

Emily deciding that him being on the floor would be much better, pushes him the rest of the way off the chair, smirking as he hits the floor with a girly yelp of surprise.

"Babe! Not nice." He calls from the floor.

"It's not that funny you idiot." She replies, rolling her eyes as she picks her fork back up and carries on eating.

"Oh god, did he just blurt it out? Eliot! The girl is pregnant, you've got to be gentle about these things." 

Eliot looks appalled at his mum's statement, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. 

"Why are you blaming me? I was gentle about it!" He cries in outrage. I know he's not really mad though. I kiss his cheek, smiling as he huffs but wraps an arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"And then when she woke up, she took a defensive position on the sofa with a cushion as a weapon." Chase interrupts as he lifts himself back into his seat, still laughing. "You should have seen her, she looked terrified." 

This causes Anthony to chuckle and Claire to smile in amusement. I know. A cushion. It was a weak defence but I had nothing else at the time. I laugh into Eliot's chest, shaking my head at myself.

"It was pathetic." I mumble into his shirt.

Eliot squeezes me and I feel him kiss the top of my head. 

"It was interesting." He whispers, the laughter clear in his voice. I groan and bury my face deeper into his chest. I'll never live it down.

Not with this family. But I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Eliot

Today has been a great day. It's good to be back home but it's even better with Meredith. I didn't think that leaving to try and buy some land would result in me finding my mate. I'm glad I did go. I didn't want to at first, I hate all the politics that comes with being a wolf and running a pack. But my father says it's good to get practice with this type of thing, it's a skill that will come in handy more than once in my life. 

Dinner was amazing. I knew my parents would love Meri, my mother hasn't stopped fussing over her since we got here. But Meri doesn't seem to mind, in fact, I think she's enjoying it quite a bit. It must be hard for her to not have her mother around at a time like this. I'm sure she wants nothing more than to be able to talk to her own mother about everything to do with her pregnancy, it's what women do but she doesn't have that. Her mother isn't here to share her own experiences with her daughter. It's horrible but I hope she'll soon be comfortable enough to talk to my mother if she wants to. 

It's now almost eleven at night. We watched a film after dinner and Meri was falling asleep towards the end of it so we're both in bed now. Meri is cuddled up to my side, her head resting on my chest and a leg slung over mine. Over the past few weeks, we've spent more and more nights sharing a room and a bed. I've become used to cuddling at night. 

"How do you feel?" I ask her quietly into the darkened room. 

"What do you mean?" She murmurs back. I look down at her, smiling at her closed eyes. I gently run my fingers through her hair. 

"About being here. I know you were nervous about it."

"I'm good. Happy. I love it here. Your parents are amazing Eliot." 

I kiss her forehead. "Yeah, they are. I'm glad you're happy. I'd do anything to make you happy Meri."

"You've already done it." 

"How so?" I ask curiously. 

It's quiet for a few minutes and I begin to think she's fallen asleep. But then her soft voice murmurs into the night.

"You took me away from him. You got rid of my nightmare." 

And I would do it all over again.

[ Eliot's mum, how lovely is she? Now you know where Eliot gets his charms from. Hope you like it and let me know your thoughts :) Sorry the wait was soooo long! And don't worry, that last sentence makes it sound as if the book is over but it's not. There's much more drama to come :D Vote and leave a comment! -x- ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 95.3K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
162K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...
1.5K 57 15
*Rewritten Version* After years of constant torture and pain, only one thing has kept me going- my mate. I thought when we meant, he'd be my knight i...
2.9K 152 48
TW: THIS STORY INCLUDES SE*UAL A*SULT "You have a daughter?" Jack asked me as he watched Elena come running into the living room. Her school backpac...