Because You're Mine

By itsshewhowrites

Completed (11.12.17) --------------- It hurts, really, to not have a lasting happiness in your life. Somethi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Special: part 2)
Chapter 33 (Valentine's Day Special: part 3)
Chapter 34 (Valentine's Day Special: part 4)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Acknowledgements

Chapter 27

53 8 0
By itsshewhowrites

Jasmine's POV

Boredom.

Boredom is a vibrant red which perceives like chalk. It sounds like the muffled noise of a crowd, and it smells like sweets and chips. Basically, I'm bored of being bored because being bored seems to be so boring.

This boredom is occurring because of a disorder. A missing-someone disorder.

I miss him.

When I simply say that, I actually mean that I miss his smile, his voice, his eyes, his laugh, his touch, his kisses, his hugs, his annoyance, his jokes, him teasing me, his warmth, his existence; I miss him.

I miss Austin too much that I can feel my heart beating rapidly even when I think about him.

Luckily I have his hoodie which keeps me smiling.

"Earth to Jasmine?" I hear Cheryl say beside me.

"Yeah, I'm listening," I reply.

"Jasmine, you've been in thought for quite a long time. Are you alright?" Asked Jake who sat on the opposite side of my bed. I then sat up from my lying position and adjust my blanket.

I place Austin's hoodie in arms, and I felt the warmth on my body. It smelled so fresh and it felt so soft.

"You won't understand how I feel." I sadly say.

"Well, a cousin a day keeps boredom and stress away." Cheryl grins.

"She's right, Jazz," Jessica says from behind Cheryl. Jessica was styling Cheryl's hair, while Violet was taking a good nap on the sofa.

"There's still time for Austin's flight, like about ten minutes left. Pass my phone, Jake?" I say as Jake gave me my phone.

Ring Ring!

Austin: Hey princess. I was just about to call you.
Me: What a coincidence.
Austin: Yeah, so how are you holding up?
Me: Me....well I haven't really been talking that much. Just been in my own thoughts a while after you left.
Austin: Are you okay?
Me: My thoughts bother me.
Austin: Taking stress isn't the best idea you know.
Me: Thoughts like these happen because of a disorder.
Austin: What kind?
Me: It's called MSD, as in Missing-Someone Disorder.
Austin: You're kidding me right now.
Me: What? Don't judge me. I just miss you too much.
Austin: *laughs humorously*
Me: *laughs a little* Your laugh is killing me.
Austin: It isn't as bad as yours.
Me: Shut up. I'm just sleepy.
Austin: Sleepy head. Always talking about food or sleep.
Me: I hate you, just know that.
Austin: And I lo-
Me: You...what?
Austin: I miss you.
Me: Feeling is mutual.
Austin: Babe?
Me: Yes?
Austin: Teleport yourself here.
Me: You're an idiot. Magic doesn't exist.
Austin: How dare you call me an idiot?
Me: *laughs*
Austin: Keep on laughing. It's adorable.
Me: Oh really?
Austin: Yes. *pauses for a few seconds* Listen, I need to get going, I'll call you later.
Me: Okay, bye.
Austin: Bye.

I think he was about to say I love you to me, was he?

No way. Love doesn't happen that fast for a few people, and Austin's one of them. I'll just try to hold in my emotions for as long as I can.

"Jazz?" Jessica said.

"I'm paying attention," I say.

"There's something wrong with you. What's the matter?" She asks.

Oh shit. I didn't tell anyone about my feelings towards Austin. How are they going to react when they find out?

"Good evening," Violet says as she rubbed her eyes and sat up on the sofa.

"There's something you should know," I whisper.

"Know what?" Cheryl asked.

"It's about Austin," I reply. "I don't know how-"

I was cut off by Jake's phone's ringtone. He apologized and told us to continue while he was on the phone.

"As I was saying, I don't know how it happened, but all I do know is that I can't tell Austin because it might just end someway I don't want it to," I exclaim.

"Stop beating around the bush." Violet annoyingly says. "What are you trying to say?"

"I-I love him." I quickly said. Each of them had their jaws dropped.

"You what?!" Jake was caught by surprise by those three words coming from my mouth as he entered the room.

"Don't blame me. It just happened." I blush.

"Don't you think it's too early?" Jessica sighs.

"Says the girl who loved her best friend since grade eight!" Violet added.

"Vi, shut up!" I growl.

"No, I won't." She sneered.

This won't be a good idea if Violet spills out everything. Jessica told us that she didn't want to tell anyone until she was ready.

Jake understood Violet and slowly walked over to Jessica. I could Jessica's heart was beating rapidly because her facial expression grew to be full of worry.

"Is what is Violet saying true?" Jake looks Jessica deep in her eyes as he lightly grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Jay, let it be." Jessica looked away and tried to pull off but Jake wasn't ready to let go without getting those answers.

"Answer me." He said.

"Forget what Violet said. Forget this conversation even happened." Jessica still wasn't ready to answer, but Jake never gave up.

"Jess, please. It's only one question." Jake pleaded. "What will go wrong if you-"

"FINE! I LOVE YOU, OKAY?!" Jessica shouted as she slightly pushed Jake away from her. Jake was shocked by her words, and I swear I saw a smile tug at his lips, but it disappeared a second after.

Did Jake feel the same about Jessica? Was that why he was smiling?

"Je-"

"No Jake. You want answers and I'm going to give them to you." Jessica firmly said. "I've had the biggest crush on you - my best friend since eighth grade, but I knew you didn't feel the same. You were always so normal around me since grade six, and I thought that boys purposely acted that way just to hide their feelings, but you? You were different. You had never liked a girl before. That didn't stop me from growing to love you. I did love you, I still do, and I always will, whether you like it or not; whether you feel the same or not."

Oh my god.

My best friend loves her best friend? And I thought I was the only one who loved her best friend.

Jake sighed, smiled a big smile and pulled Jessica in for a tight, .warm hug. Jessica was caught by surprise but wrapped his arms around him and buried her face into his neck.

They pull off and Jessica looked confused as ever, but Jake was smiling wide at her as he says, "You don't know how long I've been dying to hear that. Yeah, I could've said it before, but I was positive that you didn't feel the same about me. You're wrong about me not ever having feelings for a girl. I've liked you since grade six. The year we met; in the last month of school, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I guess I had a crush on you also, but it faded away, or at least that's what I thought. You were always in my mind, and throughout the month I realized that I- that I love you. I still do and I always will."

What a plot twist. But then, why was Jake flirting me with me ever since we've met?

Jessica couldn't help but smile widely hearing those magical words. Jake put his hands on her waist, pulling her closer. I swear to god I saw Jessica's heart skip a beat.

"You're the biggest idiot I've met, Jay, right Jasmine?" Jessica smirked at Jake and I.

"Can I ask why you were flirting with me ever since we've met?" I ask.

"About that," Jake shyly said as his hand went through his hair. "I thought I had lost my best friend for good, and I've tried hooking up with other girls, but they're not Jessaloup. I even tried to get feelings for you, Jasmine, and to get you to like me, but next thing I knew was that you're taken."

"It's Jess or Jessica, not Jessaloup," Jessica growled.

"I don't care." Jake faces Jessica and they lock eyes with each other. Jake's hand was placed on Jessica's cheek while the other was on her waist as he leaned over to her; their lips were just inches away from each other, but not for long.

Jake brushed his lips against hers and they were mesmerized by the kiss. It was and stayed gentle but sweet for a few seconds as Jessica tugs onto Jake's hair, while he tightens his grip on her.

"Oh god, don't make out here," Violet said in disgust. Both of them pull off and look at each other with a special, unseen smile.

"I love you, Jessica Cole." Jake exhales.

"I love you too Jake Wild." Jessica grins.

I wish this were Austin and I. I thought to myself. How I wished for him to say those words to me.

"Jazz?" Violet says.

"Yeah?"

"Does he love you back?" She asks as everyone takes a seat around me.

"I don't know." I frown.

"If I know him, I think he does. If not yet, then he will fall in love with you, trust me." Cheryl says with confidence.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
67.9K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
1.4K 113 45
" I am god, not a magician. You are right in both ways if you think i exist or not because i am all hope and faith." She heard it and couldn't stand...
336K 6.3K 56
"Why aren't you scared?" I whine and he laughs. "Come on, you wouldn't dare hurt me with that. It's too risky, and I can get out of this easily...