The Claim

By ihareemnisar

His eyes scanned the room silently .The room was filled with colours. It was too bright for his taste.People... More

Prologue
Behram n Mahi(Sneak peek) ;)
Sneak Peek no 2
Sneak Peek no 3
Sneak peek no 4
Chapter 1
Author's Note
Chapter 2
Author's note
Attention guys!!!
Chapter 4
Sneak peek
Author's note
Chapter 5
Attention baby bunnies !!
Next update !
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Next update
Good News
Chapter 8
The New Behram ;)
Surprise Bonus update
New stories
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Bonus update
Author's Note
Author's Note
???
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Cast
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Congo guys
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Author's Note
Chapter 20
author's note
Ramzan Mubarak
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Questions
Chapter 24
Last Chapter
Hey people
Important !
Epilogue
Attention !
Bonus chapter
Baazil

Chapter 3

19.4K 902 366
By ihareemnisar

Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salam and hello my little munchkins...Hope you are all good..So here I am with a surprise update..First of all thank u very very very much for commenting and voting and for being such supporting readers..you guys are amazing and your support means the world to me..Seriously it does.!! :)

So as i promised i have a shout out and a dedication tonight...Since you guys commented and voted in a good amount so i am updating the chapter today but the next update will be on next Thursday..Not coming thursday but after that..

I really need to rest and i need to sleep ..I have raccoon eyes these days people...Aghh

So a personal shout out from me to shahinreya..u r amazing..Thank u for all your support..It means a lot.. :)

And this chapter is dedicated to two people..first AqsaZulfiqar0 for your lovely comments..Thank u so very much :)

And Second to AroojAsif for your immense support and amazing comments from the start...Thanks a ton dear..

And I want to personally thank u all Arry20   lovstraw  @Ahaana777   @lovedestination21 for voting ,commenting and supporting me..I really really appreciate it :)

Last but not the least don't forget to leave lots of comments and votes..

And now without further ado chapter 3

Love u all

'Hareem :)

P.S   Its another superrrrr long update :)

She was mortified or mummified would be a correct word to describe her situation when she saw Behram .

He was still cornering her into the wall and Mahi thought 101 ways to escape.

"Don't you dare come near me" She said confidently but inside her heart was fluttering like a leaf.

She tried to hide her shaking hands from Behram when his gaze suddenly landed on them and he smirked at her

"Who wants to come near you "?? He growled at her ,his eyes were blazing with anger and Mahi gulped

He was hell handsome.No doubt.Mahi was scared of him but a part of her admired his broad shoulders,his hard jaw and his silky hair.The little shave was complimenting his features as charcoal black eyes stared right through her.

Seriuosly Mahi..Astaghfirullah...

Her mind scolded her and she blurted out the exact same thing

"Astaghfirullah"... She said and caught her tongue between her teeth suddenly

Behram frowned looking at her and said

"What"??

"Uhh...I mean ..obviously if someone sees a devil they say Astaghfirullah. So I did too". She spoke in a duh tone and he gave her hard look.

If looks could kill..she would be six feet under

"Did you just called me a devil?? Listen women I've haven't forgot what you did last time and I'll surely do something worse in response ,you understand me. Don't rile me up any further than you have already did" His deep and hard voice made her silent for s second and she recovered herself as quickly as possible.

"So..you..you'll hit me now"?? She asked mustering up every ounce of innocence in her eyes that made Behram shock for a minute, than he cleared his throat.

"I do not raise my hand on women.But I swear on my life I'll make it even .Nobody and I mean nobody ever dare raised even their voice at me let alone a hand. You'll realize your mistake very soon. I am a man of my word Miss whoever you are. I'll rip your throat out without flinching you got it"!!

He said harshly and Mahi felt her blood getting cold with fear.

She stood their numb..

"Do you have any idea who I am"?? He asked narrowing his eyes at her and Mahi's gaze landed on the clean silver pistol in the waist band of his dress pants and she gulped

What the hell Mahi. He has no right to say such things to you. He had no right to touch you and that is exactly why you slapped him so technically you weren't wrong. Don't let him walk all over you. Your religion doesn't allow any unknown guy to touch you....

You had every right to slap him

Or stop him if necessary

Don't be scared......

Her expression hardened looking at him and she matched his gaze.

"I don't care who the hell you are. You must be a criminal ,as you have a gun in the waist band of your pants ,I won't even flinch if you shoot me now. I can slap you a thousand times if you try to touch me .You had no right to touch me ,you are no one to me .You get that!!."

"Mein Behroz Khan ki pouti aur Waleed Behroz Khan ki baiti hoon.Itna asaan nahi hai mujhay dhamkana samjhay ap" (I am Behroz khan's grand daughter and Waleed Behroz Khan's daughter. Its not that easy to threaten me ,you got it" )

"Ap ka lehaaz karai hoon kyunk ap Agha Jan k mehman hain, warna bina jhijkay aik thapar aur laga sakti hoon.Beyghairat nahi hoon k koi bhi akar mujhay hath lagae aur mein tamsha dekhti rahoon ,samajh ai".

(I am letting it slide because you are Agha Jan's guest otherwise I would've slapped you again without hesitation. I am not shameless that anyone can touch me without my will and I won't do anything about it ,you understand me)

With that she pushed him aside and almost ran out of the room and Behram stood there totally shocked at her words. His face was a mask of fury

Her words were still ringing in his ears as he took a ragged breath and rage flowed in his system.

He stood silent thinking about her bravery. She has guts ,he had to admit that .

Oh yeah buddy she has some serious guts standing up against you!!

His mind teased him and felt frustrated all of a sudden.

He took one last glance where she was standing and stomped out of the room like an injured lion.

............................................................................................................................................

The night passed in a blur and Mahi didn't even breath about what happened to anyone.

Isra aunty and Agha jan were sitting in the big hall when the guests went to their rooms to sleep late at night and the rest of them left to their houses.

Everyone in the mansion was relaxing after a long tiring night and was about to sleep when Bablu came into their room as usual in a hurry and panting.

"Guys get up. Agha jan is calling all of us downstairs" he stood at the door panting hard and Mehwar frowned in confusion.

"What happened? Is everything ok"?? Everyone else was up to and Urwa was about to go to bed, she looked at Bablu with a glare.

"If this is a joke ,I'll kill you Bablu. Its middle of the night and I am tired" She yawned and Bablu shook his head

"Its not a joke,wake everyone else up Urwa baji. Let's go".

"Har waqt bokhlaya rehta hai ye shaks" (This guy is always addled ) Saman got up from the other bed and the girls settled their dupattas and went out of the room.

Urwa and Saman were almost dragging a sleepy Mahi.She was continuously yawning and cursing Bablu.

Everyone gathered in the hall and sat wherever they got the place. Isra aunty was grinning at Mahi and she smiled back at her too.

Urwa sat on the sofa and as soon she looked at the front she shrieked loudly pointing a finger at Behram.

"Ahhh.. Mahi teri mout" (Mahi your death)!!Everyone looked at her in bewilderment and Ibrahim rose from his seat

"What happened" he looked around the hall and everyone's eyes were on Urwa who was looking at Behram in shock who was sitting silently next to Agha Jan

He frowned at the girl but said nothing.

Urwa pointed at him and elbowed Mahi. Mahi opened her sleepy eyes and looked in the direction of her finger and screamed loudly. Her screams were followed by Saman's and Essa along with Sherheryar Baazil and Saman. Mehwar on the other hand looked astonished for a moment then started shouting.

Their screams were echoing around the hall and Behram looked at all of them now in shock. Confusion was plastered on his face as he looked behind him and then in front of him trying to find the source of the chaos

The big hall was looking like a zoo when Ibrahim's voice boomed in the hall

"Enough.!! What's wrong with you all" Ibrahim growled and Behram rose to his full height in confusion and got out his gun from the waist band of his pants trying to sense any sign of threat that made them all scared. Behram's guards were on his side in an instant loading their guns too.

Looking at the gun the youngsters once again started screaming and shouting and Agha Jan looked at his crazy family in astonishment. He was a gentle man but a serious one too.

On the other hand Dadi's reaction was a little different from all of them

She started yelling

"Haee haee meray bachay"(Oh my children).Maisam looked at Dadi and started copying her saying.

"Haee haee dadi ki nasal,haee haee dadi ki nasal ko bacha lo"

(Oh my Dadi's generation, someone save Dadi's generation)

And Behram looked at the madness in front of him ,the limit to his patience finished immediately and then his voice boomed silencing them all at once

"Shut up. Enough"!!! And just like that everyone went quiet, his voice echoed in the hall and came back.

"What the hell is wrong"! This time Azlaan asked and everyone just stood mutely looking at Behram

"Uhh,,who is he and he has guns"....?? Mehwar asked looking terrified

And Agha Jan smiled looking at his grand children..

He chuckled and Behram locked eyes with Mahi. Mahi stood there with dry throat unable to say anything .His glare was boring through hers and she tore her eyes from him looking at Agha Jan

"Ohh..this..this is Behram. Sit down all of you ,I'll explain. He is like my own boy. He means no harm to any of you. Infact that's why I called you all here. Now there is no need to create a fuss. Sit down all of you and for God sake stop shouting, you kids are racking my ears" Agha Jan shook head at his generation and Behram held a hand at his guards to step back and they did silently.

Everyone had weird expressions on their faces after the fuss and Behram was still glaring at Mahi which made her uncomfortable, she tried to hide behind Baazil it seemed like Baazil was the one who was scared more. He started hiding behind Mahi and Mahi rolled her eyes at him and smacked his head lightly.

Behram saw them both and his lips curved upwards in a small smile which he immediately covered by coughing and putting a hand on his mouth.

"So ,kids this is Nawab Behram Shahmeer our special guest ,the Nawab of several cities and he is like my own son. He is here to attend the wedding on my invitation and he means you no harm" Agha Jan said smiling at Behram and Mahi gulped avoiding his eyes. Behram smiled back silently at Agha Jan.

"Behram these are my silly grand kids.They are my life and I love them with all my heart.They are all a little immature and young but all good at heart.You will enjoy their company" Behram smiled slightly at Agha Jan nodding.

"Oh I am sure I will" He said ,his eyes never left Mahi's face and Mahi glared at him silently.

"Creep alert" Baazil whispered in Mahi's ear and she gave him a "shut up " look.

"Another thing is that kids. There are two many guests for the wedding and our mansion can't take them all. I know its weird but it's the truth. The guests are too much ,I was worried about it. So Behram offered a solution, since his mansion is much more bigger than ours, the rest of the wedding will take place in his place. For that I am very thankful to him. And we are leaving tomorrow morning" .

When Agha Jan finished talking nobody said anything for a few seconds. Than Ibrahim smiled at Behram and shook hands with him

"Thank you. We appreciate it a lot" Behram smiled at him too and said

"No problem".

All of them excluding Agha jan,Dadi,Ibrahim and Azlaan looked at Mahi and she looked at Behram who was smirking at her now

Oh shit She whispered and Saman face palmed while Essa gave them all a constipated look.

.....................................................................................................................................................

In the morning everyone left for Behram's place and it took almost an hour to reach there. The mansion was breathtakingly beautiful and enormous. Mahi stood in the main hall looking at the beautiful chandelier hanging above her head in awe. Behram walked pass her without giving her a glance and Urwa elbowed her to move. Everyone else was already moving. Agha Jan already went to his room, whereas Ibrahim and Azlaan were taking Dadi to the garden that she wanted to see. All youngsters were in the main hall with Behram.

"This is the main hall. The servants will escort you to our rooms. They are very trustworthy ,you have nothing to be afraid of here. This is my mansion and I will do everything in my power to make your stay comfortable. Everything will be provided to you all. You are Agha Jan's family ,and you have my whole respect. If you need anything, just ask any servant and they will help you out. I am afraid I can't entertain you ,I have some important work to do. Please make yourself at home" With that he turned around and walked upstairs as servants started helping all of them

"Ma'am".. Mahi who was looking at Behram's retreating form got startled by the servants voice and said hmm distractedly

"Your room is upstairs. You want me to escort you"?? The guy was barely twenty but very professional and Mahi shook her head at him.

"No thank you so much. Just tell me the way and I'll find it myself"

"Are you sure ma'am, I mean the mansion is quiet big ,you might get lost in it"

"Its fine. Just tell me the way"

"Very well ma'am. Its upstairs ,first left .Its the second door".

"Alright thank you" Mahi smiled and made her way upstairs.

Remembering the way she opened the first door and entered inside.

Wait Mahi..Didn't he said the second door??

Nah ,he said the first one.

Confused she got inside and dropped her bag near the bed. The room was big and amazingly beautiful. The room seemed very much manly with the colour combination it held. A strong aura came from it making Mahi shiver. On the other hand it provided her a sense of comfort. She smiled and sat on the bed when suddenly the door near the closet opened and she saw Behram coming out .He had a towel in his hands and he was fully dressed. He was trying to dry his hands with the towel and Mahi gasped standing up and Behram looked in the direction of the voice.

"What the hell are you doing in my room"? She glared at him and Behram looked at her confused. Frown lines were present on his forehead and then he erased them changing his expression abruptly as if they were never there.

"Excuse me"? He arched an eyebrow at her and took a step forward and she took one back in response.

"Excused. Don't you have any shame?? You barge into a strangers room like that ,specially a girls room. Are you for real"?? She started blaming him without a thought and he abruptly covered the distance between them in two big steps.

"Are you done? Now get out of my room" He growled looking at her and Mahi frowned at him

"Your room? Excuse you mister this might be your mansion but this is my room for now". Her glared matched his and Behram gritted his teeth.

"Listen lady I am not in the mood for your tantrums. Get the hell out of my room before I throw you out myself". Her temper was flaring again but Mahi didn't care

"You touch me and I'll break your arm" She stood her ground and Behram smirked at her

"Really??You think you can win? After everything that you did, you think you even deserve to live at my place ,even if it is for a while. You think I would let you slap me again and again and I won't say anything. I dare you..try me and the results will be very different this time I promise you that. You don't wanna get on my bad side now do you"?. He spoke in a dangerously calm voice and cornered her in a wall again without her noticing.

"Wow I really hate you right now". She spat and he leaned on her face stopping just inches away from her face

"Feeling is mutual ". His eyes were blaming with fury and he wanted to kill the girl in front of him and Mahi gulped looking at him.

He hated the girl in front of him with a passion who bruised his ego and his self respect in a public place in front of everyone.

He despised her with everything in him.

"I am only letting you stay here because of Agha Jan, don't take me as a fool. I can easily kill you right here right now and your pea sized brain won't even be able to register what happened with you ..got it. This is Nawab Behram Shahmeer you are talking to. You should know your place .I hate girls like you who slap men for no reason"

By now Mahi 's eyes were full of tears as humiliation got the best of her. Her eyes were becoming slightly red with holding the tears and her body felt rage inside it.

"That wasn't for nothing. I slapped you because you were being unreasonable. I didn't know who you were. You touched me and you were no one to me. I won't allow anyone to touch me like that. As I've said before I can slap you a thousand times and not care about myself. You bloody cornered me in a wall that day. You know it better than me that you had no right to touch a girl like that. You already know our religion doesn't allow it and still you did it. That was the whole reason of me slapping you. I hate you more than you hate me. I don't want to stay at your place. I hate men like you. You are a criminal. I am only here because of Agha Jan otherwise I wouldn't have set foot here in the first place"

She was panting ,shouting and crying at the same time now and Behram looked at her in silence. She pushed him with all her might and ran out of the room.

Behram stood there still looking at the place she was standing at in silence. He knew his religion doesn't allow him to touch any other girl who is Na Mehram to him. He was blinded by anger that day. But still his ego didn't allow him to accept his mistake .He knew he shouldn't have insulted her like that because she was his guest. He raked a hand through his hair in frustration and took a deep breath closing his eyes.

.................................................................................................................................................................

"Kutta,Kamina,beysharam admi" (Dog,scounderal,shameless guy) Mahi cursed him and asked a servant for Agha Jan's room and went straight to it. This time she found the right room and knocked. After getting the permission she went in and sat on Agha Jan's bed and started crying .Her nose was red and her face was blotchy. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot .

Agha Jan suddenly sat straight looking at her with a worried face

"Aray kiya hua meray bachay ko.Sab khairyat hai na beta jee" (What happened to my kid,everything alright )??

Agha Jan was a loving man and when it came to his grand children, he was very protective.

"I wanna go home Agha Jan.I don't wanna stay here". She spoke blowing her nose in a tissue .

"But..why ..what happened dear one" He patted her head and Mahi started crying more loudly.

She was like that.Whenever Mahi was crying and someone asks her gently and patted her head she started to cry more and more.

She was sensitive. Hard on the outside but soft on the inside and Agha Jan knew it since when she was so small

"Nothing..I just miss home.I wanna go back Agha Jan" She hiccupped again and they heard a knock on the door.Agha Jan allowed whoever it was to come in and Behram came inside and stopped for a minute looking at her.He rolled his eyes mentally and overcame his shock. He closed the door and stood near Agha Jan's bed smiling at him.

"Oh Behram come in ,come in" He said and Mahi stiffened for a while but didn't look at him

Behram glanced at her for as second and averted his eyes back at Agha Jan.

"I hope I didn't disturbed you " Behram said with all respect and smiled gently at Agha Jan.

"No not at all son.Sit down" Behram shook his head and said in a polite tone.

"Actually I just came to ask you if there is anything that you need"?

Behram respected Agha Jan with all his heart.And always behaved polite around him. He couldn't help himself when it came to Agha Jan.He was a kind soul and Behram admired that about him.

"I am good beta jee.Thank you for everything" Agha Jan smiled and Mahi wiped her tears.Behram glanced at her again and then said.

"Pleasure is all mine Agha Jan.Is everything alright though?."He looked at Agha Jan but motioned towards Mahi.

Agha Jan sighed and said

"This is Mahi my grand daughter.I don't know what happened ,but she came in crying and now she is insisting on going back home" Behram cleared his throat and hid his smile that was threatening to form on his face.He felt unusually playful.

He suddenly wanted to tease her and without thinking he blurted the thing out the first thing that came into his mind.

"Do you need any help Miss Mahi"? He asked politely and Mahi's head snapped in his direction and she gave him a furious look.

"No thanks"! Her tone was hard and Behram's face suddenly went back to stone.

"Mahi beta jee don't talk to him like that.He is just trying to help" Agha Jan scolded her lightly but Mahi hiccupped again and shook her head furiously at him

"He doesn't wanna help.He is such a jerk Agha Jan.I don't wanna stay at his place.i don't wanna take any of his favors so that he can rub them on my face later". Behram felt uneasy due to her words.But remembering his own words a few minutes back made him silent.

"But..what did he do beta,he is just tr.." Agha Jan tried to reason with her again but she refused.

"No he is not trying to help" Behram sighed looking at the girl in front of him. Somewhere inside him he felt a little guilty because of being harsh on her earlier.

No matter what ,she was his guest .He should've thought about that.

Yeah it's a little late for that now

His mind retorted back at him.

And he spoke politely making her hiccups stop abruptly.

"I am sorry"..

Mahi felt like she couldn't believe her ears. She blinked at him and Agha Jan looked at both of them with pure confusion.

"What"?? She whispered and he felt irritated suddenly with everything

First for feeling guilty

Then for saying sorry

Then for her saying "what" only in response

"I am not gonna say it again and again lady.I didn't meant for you to feel uncomfortable at all.You are my guest and I don't want you to be uncomfortable here." He answered in a bored tone and a lava build itself up inside Mahi in response to his attitude.

"Yeah right don't bother at all. Because you were the one who made me uncomfortable in your own house in the first place"

"I am not going to saying sorry to you again and again " He growled back at her

"Aray ye ho kiya raha hai bhae" (What is going on ) Agha Jan asked again and both of them ignored him and keep glaring at each other.

"Who asked you to waste your precious time in apologizing to me.I am not gonna stay in this place for one minute " She replied in a harsh tone and stomped out of the room with Behram hot on her heels.

"Listen to me.." He said but she didn't stop and he followed her ,she was heading towards the spiral staircase when he moved forward and stood in front of her in a swift motion.

Mahi bumped into his chest and gasped but he stood there unfazed.

"What the hell" She screamed on his face and he glared at her silently.

Mahi backed up and he took a step forward .Her steps halted when her back touched the railing of the staircase and she felt trapped again.

Behram leaned on her and put both his hands on the railing trapping her.

She looked away and he looked at her in silence.Her nose was bright red with crying and her lashes were wet with tears.Behram felt a sudden urge to touch her eyes just once.Something weird was building up in his chest as he saw the naïve girl standing in front of him.He said the next words very politely as if he was talking to a kid.

"I didn't wanted to make your stay uncomfortable.I am not going to apologize again and you are not leaving this place at any cost. Behram Shahmeer never disrespects his guests.It won't happen again no matter what. You have my word"

His voice was deep and rough and full with sincerity that made Mahi look at him for a few minutes.

Behram nodded at her in silence once and she nodded back dropping her gaze .Behram dropped his hands from the railing giving her space to leave.And she walked back into Agha Jan's room .Behram stood there looking at the way she went and shook some unknown thoughts from his mind.

He still felt like an injured lion after that slap.His ego was bruised badly and Mahi wasn't making it any easier for both of them and neither was he.

...................................................................................................................................................

"It was a misunderstanding Agha Jan" Mahi said in low voice and Agha Jan looked at her suspiciously

"Behram ne kuch kaha hai"? (Did Behram said anything to you)??

"No it was just a little misunderstanding. Its all cleared up now" She replied not looking at him in the eyes

"Are you sure kid"?

"Yes off course"

Agha Jan looked at her with a confused face and then sighed dropping it.

....................................................................................................................................................

The next morning another news was dropped and to say that Mahi was shocked would be an understatement.

She couldn't believe what was happening and Urwa and Saman were wiggling their eyebrows at her.

Isra aunty asked for Mahi's hand in marriage for her elder son. And Agha Jan asked Mahi instantly.

At first Mahi was confused but she had no other interest so she left the decision on Agha Jan and he fixed everything.So now Mahi was about to be engaged on the day of Mehwar's nikah.

Everyone was happy but Mahi felt a little uneasy.Behram came on the breakfast table and greeted everyone and they greeted him back

"Behram I have a good news for you" Agha Jan said and Behram smiled at him

"Really what"?? Dadi smiled at him and said

"Mahi's marriage is fixed.Her engagement is on Mehwar's nikah day" Behram was about to eat when his hand stopped the spoon near his mouth for a moment.He glanced at Mahi ,she was looking at her food silently.They both felt weird and uneasy at the same time.

Behram overcame his shock and smiled at Dadi and said

"Congratulations" Mahi looked at him for moment and dropped her gaze again.

Essa and Saman looked at each other meaningfully but said nothing.Urwa on the otherhand kept eating oblivious to her surroundings.

"Excuse me.I need to leave for some work.Enjoy your breakfast" Behram stood up suddenly leaving breakfast and went out of the dining hall.Mahi didn't feel like eating so she excused herself too.

She wasn't interested anywhere but she wasn't happy either .She felt weird like something bad is gonna happen.

She sat on the bed and leaned her back against the bed rest closing her eyes.

Unintentionally she started thinking about Behram. One thought lead to another and ended up in her thinking about him leaving the breakfast table this morning as soon as he heard about her marriage.

She opened her eyes and whispered to herself

"What's up with him"?

.............................................................................................................................................................

Behram was unusually angry since morning. He was being harsh on all the servants which he never was.

Servants were scared of him and running here and there.

Sher Gul asked but Behram never told him.

He was getting irritated with his own attitude and his mind was on the verge of blowing up with fury

His servant gave him the cordless with fear written on his face

"Nawab Jee ,call for you" Behram took the phone silently and the servant rushed from there

"Hello"..

"Hmm..yes..so"??

"So what...? Hmm..alright ,kill him. I'll handle it" He was standing outside of his room and Mahi who was getting out of her own room which was next to his in her own thoughts froze abruptly at his words.

She looked at him in complete horror and he disconnected the call and looked at her horrified form

"What" He spat angrily and Mahi gasped

"You are a monster" She whispered and he frowned in confusion

"Excuse me"?

"You said kill him..oh my God" She backed up and he moved forward

"Listen you don't know anything about it so st..." Behram held up a hand but Mahi shook her head

"Don't you dare come near me" She thought of him as a killer and Behram got frustrated instantly with her attitude

"What's your problem" He yelled and she closed her eyes in fear and Behram took a deep breath calming himself.

"Mahi..i .." He started but she told him off

"No don't.You are a monster.Who were you trying to kill.You just gave an order to kill someone.How can you do this"

"You don't know anything about it Mahi.Stay out of it"

"No don't you dare say anything, you disgust me" She gave him a dirty look and got back in her room shutting the door loudly and Behram felt humiliated

"Ajeeb bewaqoof aurat hai" (Such a stupid girl) He gritted his teeth and cursed everything within a mile radius and banged the door to his room loudly.

.....................................................................................................................................................

The Day of Mahi's Engagement and Mehwar's Nikah

The guy who Mahi was about to be engaged with was the elder son of Isra aunty and his name was Saif.

The day of the engagement arrived and Behram felt a weight on his chest ,it made him aggressive and angry so he stayed out of the mansion most of the time saying that he is busy.

Everyone was ready when Behram reached home and the preparations were all done.He sat with Agha Jan talking about his business but his mind was elsewhere.

Isra aunty was very happy and she kissed Mahi's forehead who was unusually quiet since morning.

The girls took Mahi down in the main hall where the engagement was held. After Mehwars' nikah ceremony was done ,it was Mahi's turn.

She felt a knot in her stomach and a ball of fear in her throat. She tried to shrug her feeling off but they refused to unlatch themselves

Urwa was sitting with when she elbowed her and Mahi gasped

"Oww Urwa what was that for"

"Angel of death is staring at you.Three o clock" Urwa whispered in her ears and Mahi's head snapped in her direction .She held Behram's lingering gaze for a while and gulped uneasily.

Behram on the other hand didn't drop his gaze .His mind was blank and his eyes were settled on her who was sitting among all the people looking breathtakingly beautiful .

Mahi dropped her gaze and looked at her hands in silence. It was getting late and the groom's family was still not there and then Isra aunty entered the mansion with a worried face and with two other women behind her. Mahi didn't see her and kept talking to Urwa

"Urwa I don't have a good feeling about this engagement" She said finally and Urwa looked at her worriedly

"What do you mean"?

"I mean i...I don't know.It just doesn't feel right Urwa"..

"Did something happened "?

"No.I feel like something is gonna happen and I .." Mahi was in the middle of her sentence when Agha Jan's voice boomed in the hall silencing everyone.

"Is this a sick joke Isra.Are you saying that your son just ran away because he liked someone else.Then why did you even gave a proposal in the first place" Agha Jan's face was red with anger and he looked like he was about to kill somebody.

Behram stood beside Agha Jan with a shocked face and glared at Isra aunty .The women behind Isra aunty gave Agha Jan a cold look and said

"Kiya pata ap ki beti mein hi koi masla ho tabhi larka bhaag gaya" (You never know ,may be your girl has some fault that's why the boy ran away).

Mahi stood up and frowned at the situation then Ibrahim and Azlaan started shouting

"Don't talk about Mahi like that.Don't you dare.She is sitting here true to her word" Azlaan yelled at the women's face.

"Shut up Sobia.Forgive her Agha Jan,she is my sister. Please don't listen to her" Isra aunty glared at her sister and then looked at Agha Jan with a pleading face

"What do you mean Isra aunty? He is your son you should've known from the start. And now your sister has the audacity to blame Mahi. Now what about her". Ibrahim growled at her and she wiped her tears

"I am sorry beta ,I had no idea that he was interested somewhere else otherwise I wouldn't have asked for Mahi's hand in marriage in the first place. Forgive me"

"Why are you apologizing Isra,may be the girl was characterless that's why he ran away" Sobia aunty said again and everything happened too fast. Behram who was standing next to Agha Jan, was in Sobia's face in an instant and his face held a murderous expression

"One more word about Mahi and you won't be able to breathe ever again. Don't you dare say anything about her character or I swear I'll built your grave here right now woman. Your standing in Nawab Shahmeer's home, don't make me throw you out" He shouted with rage unaware of what he was doing. His eyes had so much fury that Sobia aunty backed up in an instant with a feared look on her face.

Agha Jan looked at him in shock but Behram didn't cared

"Sher Gul"!! Behram yelled furiously and Sher Gul came running

"Escort these ladies out.Remember their faces they are not allowed to set foot on my property again" He spat and Sher gul nodded

"Yes Nawab Jee"

Ibrahim sat on the sofa with his head in his hands.While Behram stood rooted to his spot shaking with anger.

Essa came running with Baazil and Mahi knew it was bad news.

"Mahi ,Saif...he ran away.He was interested somewhere else and wasn't up for this marriage" Essa said and Baazil face showed rage in an instant

"What"!!! Mahi and Urwa said at the same time.

"I'll kill the bloody bastard" Baazil moved towards the door when Saman held his hand

"Baazil don't.... let Agha Jan handle this,besides Saif won't be sitting there waiting for you" Everyone nodded and Sherheryar put a hand around Mahi's shoulder kissing her forehead

"Its gonna be ok Mahi" .

Maisam stood beside Agha Jan and put an arm around his shoulder to calm him down

"Hamari izzat ka janaza tou nikal hi diya hai ap k betay ne Isra aunty ab aur kiya lenay ai hain" (Your son disgraced everyone here today Isra aunty,what else are you here for now)??

"What will happen to my granddaughter now" Agha Jan said in a shaky voice and Mahi felt her throat tightening as tears slipped through her eyes.

"Its embarrassing for all of us Isra aunty.For Mahi,for Agha Jan ,for Mehwar who just got married.What will her in laws think about our family" Azlaan side in a hard voice .

Sher Gul moved forward and said in a low voice to Isra aunty

"Ma'am please. Nawab Jee doesn't want you here. Its best if you leave" he escorted them out and came back in ,Behram nodded at him and he left.Behram glanced at Mahi who was silent throughout the whole conversation

She was crying and her face was blotchy now. She was trying to be strong for her family wiping her tears again and again

His heart missed a beat looking at her and in an instant he whispered something in Agha Jans ear and he looked at him in astonishment.

"Are you sure son"?? Agha Jan asked and he nodded at him.

Agha Jan beamed at him and kissed his forehead and called Ibrahim , Azlaan , Dadi and Mahi's father to talk.

They stood talking there in hushed voices for a few minutes and the youngsters stared at all of them in curiosity.

After a while Ibrahim and Azlaan hugged Behram smiling and Essa whispered in Mahi's ear.

"Bura mat maana Mahi ,magar mujhay lag raha hai k aur bhi koi bara bum phatna wala hai". (Don't mind Mahi but I think another big bomb is gonna blast )

"Mujhay aisa kyun lag raha hai k aj hi tera nikah hoga beta" (Why do I feel like you'll have your nikah ceremony today) Sheheryar said and Mahi smacked his arm

"Shut up both of you" She said wiping her tears.

Agha Jan called Mahi and she went to him with Essa and Sherheryar behind her.

Baazil got close to Saman and said

"Garbar hai beta" (Something is fishy)

Saman nodded at him and Agha Jan put an arm around Mahi's shoulder

"Mahi I am embarrassed today in front of you beta.You are like my own daughter and my responsibility.After this bad decision ,will you let your Agha Jan take another decision for you" His voice was scratchy and his eyes held unshed tears Mahi felt someone squeeze her heart

She loved Agha Jan too much to deny anything he said, tears made their way on her cheeks and she shook her head

"Don't say it like that Agha Jan ,you are just like baba for me.Whatever you say I'll do it without a second thought" She held both his hands in hers and kissed them.Mahi's father put a hand on her head and kissed her forehead.

"Mahi forgive me doll.I didn't know this would happen" He looked like he was about to cry but Mahi cried harder looking at her father

"No baba ,you are everything to me. It wasn't your fault. Its no one's fault"

"We took another decision for you dear" Her father said and Mahi looked at him in silence.

"Anything you say baba" Mahi couldn't see her father or Agha Jan crying so she agreed without listening.

"Mahi,we fixed your nikah with Behram.He asked me for your hand in marriage"

Agha Jan said with pleading eyes and Mahi stood there stunned in silence.

It felt like someone poured chilled water on her head and everyone gasped behind her

"What"? She whispered...unable to say anything else. Mahi glanced at Behram but his face was expressionless . It gave away nothing absolutely.

"There is no pressure Mahi. We'll respect your decision .If you don't want to do it than we won't force you doll" Mahi's father said patting her head and Mahi stood there numb.

She was shocked

Confused

Panicked

She thought of Behram as a criminal,a killer who gave orders to kill someone that day.She looked at the guests.The hall was filled .

What would happen if I say no

What will happen ...

What will people think about our family

And he is a criminal

A killer

But what about my family then

Their honour...

No one is forcing you....

Magar Agha Jan ki kitni beyizaati hogi,baba ki kitni beyizzati hogi (But Agha Jan will be ashamed,baba will be ashamed).

Ya ALLAH..

And Mehwar she just got married..what will her in laws think about our family

And he hates me...how am I supposed to make him my husband?

I don't like him either

But then what about my family..It all came to an end thinking about her family

There was no going back..She knew she had to do it..

She was getting exhausted mentally debating herself and at last she cared about the only thing she loved the most..Her family...

She closed her eyes and sighed

"I am ready"

.................................................................................................................................................

And then in an hour she became Mahi Behram Shahmeer from Mahi Behroz Khan.

Her nikah was done and now she was the legally wedded wife of Nawab Behram Shahmeer.

She felt weird and overwhelmed with everything

She was afraid that she is now the wife of a killer

A monster

An animal

A criminal

(THE CHAPTER IS CONTINUED AFTER THE PICS)

On the other hand the uneasiness and invisible weight on her chest disappeared instantly after nikah. She didn't felt brave enough to look at Behram once but felt his eyes on her.

After nikah and dinner the guest started to leave. And Mahi glanced at Behram .He was smiling politely at Agha Jan who seemed relax now

All her cousins saw her condition and took her upstairs .

Now they were all sitting in Mahi's room in shock and happiness at the same time.

"Mahi you ok"?? Saman gave her a glass of water and she gulped it down in one go.

Urwa rubbed her back and said

"Hey Mahi,its gonna be ok.Besides you got a really handsome husband" She winked at her and Mahi glared back at her in response

"She is right .I mean seriously Mahi, he is a hunk. Oh my God. What a toned body the guy has" Saman said and Mahi whispered quietly

"Astaghfirullah".. and Saman chuckled at her

Baazil shook his head at Saman

"Sharam karain Saman Baji." (Have some shame Saman Baji)

"Don't be jealous Baazil" She replied and he stick his tongue out at her

"Chup karo kamino.Meri shadi uss jangli killer se hogai hai aur tum logon ko uski toned body ki pari hai" (Shut up you morons ,I got married to that animal and all you care about is his toned body) Mahi smacked Saman's head and Sherheryar frowned at her

"What do you mean" Maisam stood up in astonishment

"What I mean is that ,he is a killer" Mahi said and everyone gasped loudly

"What"?!! Essa stood up from his place

"What are you talking about"? Urwa asked in shock

"What the hell Mahi" Saman started coughing suddenly

"Who killer" Sherheryar looked at her in horror

"Haee mein bhari jawani mein mar jaon ga" (Oh,I'll die so young) Baazil shouted and Essa gave him a dirty look

"What do you mean he is a killer" Saman asked and Mahi was about to answer her when a knock interrupted them.

Urwa opened the door and went pale. Behram stood there looking as calm as ever

"Uhh...umm.hello dulha bhai" She blurted and Baazil face palmed as soon as he heard her.

(Dulha bhai is used for a newly wedded groom. Or for sister's husband)

All of them stood up including Mahi and Behram nodded at Urwa,she stepped aside and he entered.His eyes were trained on Mahi and she was looking everywhere but him.

"I need to talk to Mahi......Alone !".

...............................................................................................................................................

Baba means father

Baji is used to pay respect to an elder sister

Nikah : In Islam, marriage is a legal contract between two people. The bride is to consent to the marriage of her own free will.

Na Mehram is someone whom a person can get married to and have sexual intercourse.

Mehram is someone with whom sexual intercourse is NOT allowed and if done is punishable by Islamic Sharia and law.

Permanent or blood mehrams with whom one is mehram by a blood relationship:

· parents, grandparents and further ancestors

· siblings

· children, grandchildren and further descendants

· siblings of parents, grandparents and further ancestors

· children and further descendants of siblings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 133 9
Shivansh exclaimed,"I have been the devil ruling the hell throughout my life but she made me feel what it is to hold the heaven in my hands." ~ "Keep...
73.1K 3.8K 38
"Now be good little girl, and sit on my face!"he rasped as he grabbed my hips. "What if you can't breathe!" I said questioning him. "I can breathe ,d...
10.5K 536 7
"Murtasim believe me", Meerab requested with tears in her eyes. She closed her eyes tight when Murtasim came close to her, she shivered looking into...
12K 1.1K 23
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...